Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? (1979 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrines And Fake Prophecies? / All 22 Church Doctrines Of Deeper Life Christian Ministry / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Those scriptures remain in the realms of your Jews Gentiles and dogs saga.
Maybe you personal interpretation of what is written as the verses you keep lifting out of context clearly don't say what you think to all reading. So, again, make your question regarding what is written clear and concise. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
At least you admit your limitations. That's enough for me.
My Limitation? You mean all this while,all the scripture I have posted, you believed them to have been said by me? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Take the case of the Canaanite woman whose daughter was healed by Jesus Christ in Matthew 15 vs 21 - 28, though she was excluded from the agreement that was Jesus Christ, she benefitted from it, did she not? undecided
2. I am not sure what you want me to do with this passage here. undecided
3. Again, I am not sure what you wish for me to do with this here. undecided

though she was excluded from the agreement that was Jesus Christ, she benefitted from it

grin grin grin grin grin I believe she is a DOG and not NATURAL DESCENDANT grin grin grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Maybe you personal interpretation of what is written as the verses you keep lifting out of context clearly don't say what you think to all reading. So, again, make your question regarding what is written clear and concise. undecided

I don't even need to explain anything or give personal interpretation. Reading it should lead you to where I am going based on the he definitions you have given so far on Jews, Samaritan, Gentiles and Dogs. You can choose to look away.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
litigator:
I can’t help but wonder why the changes in church doctrines and dogmas if they are biblical?
The Bible hasn’t changed since I was young Sunday student and in primary 3. But I can’t count the numbers of church doctrines and dogmas that have changed over the years.
When these doctrines and dogmas were been proposed and propounded, we were meant to understand that they were biblical. The propounders often quoted biblical passages to support their position and threatened hell fire in the absence of compliance. Few years down the road, these doctrines and dogmas have either been modified or changed completely. The devil’s box that was devilish and one thing that could send people to hell, no longer sends people to hell. And this makes me wonder what happened? Did the church management simply misrepresented facts using Bible passages as a back up? Are these doctrines and dogmas actually biblical? Are they just psychological conditioning tools and not biblical per se? What do you think?

These are thought provoking questions that requires honest and sincere answers!

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, will you like if i join in the ongoing discussion?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
My Limitation? You mean all this while,all the scripture I have posted, you believed them to have been said by me? undecided

I meant just like you stated earlier using seems on black and white thinking and thoughts of GOD

Isaiah 55: 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

You know the my in that scriptures grin grin grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
grin grin grin grin grin I believe she is a DOG and not NATURAL DESCENDANT grin grin grin
You would need to explain to me what you mean by an unnatural descendant, and why one who is a dog is considered by you as such classification. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Those scriptures remain in the realms of your Jews Gentiles and dogs saga.
You mean all of them don't say what they are written as stating? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You would need to explain to me what you mean by an unnatural descendant, and why one who is a dog is considered by you as such classification. undecided

The scripture stated natural descent not unnatural descent.

Are the DOGS of NATURAL DESCENT? I don't want to believe you are lost already within this discussion grin grin grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean all of them don't say what they are written as stating? undecided

Those scriptures are meant for you to sort the various terms you defined earlier.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
I meant just like you stated earlier using seems on black and white thinking and thoughts of GOD

Isaiah 55: 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

You know the my in that scriptures grin grin grin
I may have used the word "seemed" but clearly, God's Old Law, and Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law, teaches that anyone who commits even one sin transgresses the whole Law i.e. is a Sinner, right? That sounds pretty black and white to me. Or do you not see that at all? So, it has never been about me and my "seemed" but that decreed by God Himself. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Those scriptures are meant for you to sort the various terms you defined earlier.
Really? which ones? what scriptures? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I may have used the word "seemed" but clearly, God's Old Law, and Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law, teaches that anyone who commits even one sin transgresses the whole Law i.e. is a Sinner, right? That sounds pretty black and white to me. Or do you not see that at all? So, it has never been about me and my "seemed" but that decreed by God Himself. undecided

Did you see me state that anyone who transgress the law is not a sinner?

Read and digest this well, do you see anything like sinning or sinners here?

You know the my in that scriptures
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
The scripture stated natural descent not unnatural descent.

Are the DOGS of NATURAL DESCENT? I don't want to believe you are lost already within this discussion grin grin grin
Which scripture? You would need to explain to me what you mean by an unnatural descendant, and why one who is a dog is considered by you as such classification. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Really? which ones? what scriptures? undecided

Go back to the conversation so far I have had with you on this thread and read them carefully. Simple!
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
■ Did you see me state that anyone who transgress the law is not a sinner?....
Meaning that contrary to your claims so far, you accept God's Law to be black and white, right? Those who transgress the Law are sinners and those who do not transgress the Law are not sinners, right? undecided

Black and white! undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Go back to the conversation so far I have had with you on this thread and read them carefully. Simple!
Again, I am not a mind reader. You didn't ask any questions to at least explain your understanding so I can't do anything with all of the random clippings you keep posting. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which scripture? You would need to explain to me what you mean by an unnatural descendant, and why one who is a dog is considered by you as such classification. undecided

Have you defined DOGS on this thread? The answer is yes?

I cited a verse that states it is not only by NATURAL DESCENDANT you get to be born of God.

I don't know where you see me state unnatural descendant grin grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Meaning that contrary to your claims so far, you accept God's Law to be black and white, right? Those who transgress the Law are sinners and those who do not transgress the Law are not sinners, right? undecided

Black and white! undecided

Show me where I stated God's law is not black and white first? I am waiting?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, I am not a mind reader. You didn't ask any questions to at least explain your understanding so I can't do anything with all of the random clippings you keep posting. undecided

Simple, go back and read. grin grin grin

Did you see me state that anyone who transgress the law is not a sinner?

Read and digest this well, do you see anything like sinning or sinners here?

You know the my in that scriptures

Please read well grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Have you defined DOGS on this thread? The answer is yes? I cited a verse that states it is not only by NATURAL DESCENDANT you get to be born of God.
I don't know where you see me state unnatural descendant grin grin
But you have yet to explain what connection a dog has to those listed as unnatural descendant by Paul? You have yet to in fact make clear your private understanding of that stated by Paul in that clipping you lifted. For the umpteenth time, I am not a mind reader. I grasp what Paul is expressing there, but what I don't grasp is the twist you are attempting to give to his statements. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Show me where I stated God's law is not black and white first? I am waiting?
Oh, oK! Maybe I misunderstood then since when you said not all is Black and white, I thought you said that in reference to God's Law and scripture. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, oK! Maybe I misunderstood then since when you said not all is Black and white, I thought you said that in reference to God's Law and scripture. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin Oga learn to read and read well.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But you have yet to explain what connection a dog has to those listed as unnatural descendant by Paul? You have yet to in fact make clear your private understanding of that stated by Paul in that clipping you lifted. For the umpteenth time, I am not a mind reader. I grasp what Paul is expressing there, but what I don't grasp is the twist you are attempting to give to his statements. undecided

I will repeat again go back to my discussion with you, pick them one by one and see who or what stands for DOG and who or what stands for NATURAL DESCENDANT. The natural descent are even citations from the book of John not Paul. grin grin grin grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

These are thought provoking questions that requires honest and sincere answers!

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, will you like if i join in the ongoing discussion?

Hmmm! This is good.

I used to study with your folks during my University days and we used to break bread as brethren.

They allowed me to ask all my Sunday school questions and satisfy all my pent-up curiosities from Sunday school and Scripture Union.

I lost contact when I moved, business and school take a toll and the rest is history.

I will be grateful to have you join the discourse.

Shalom
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
I will repeat again go back to my discussion with you, pick them one by one and see who or what stands for DOG and who or what stands for NATURAL DESCENDANT. The natural descent are even citations from the book of John not Paul. grin grin grin grin
Again... But you have yet to explain what connection a dog has to those listed as unnatural descendants by Paul? You have yet to in fact make clear your private understanding of that stated by Paul in that clipping you lifted. For the umpteenth time, I am not a mind reader. I grasp what Paul is expressing there, but what I don't grasp is the twist you are attempting to give to his statements. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again... But you have yet to explain what connection a dog has to those listed as unnatural descendants by Paul? You have yet to in fact make clear your private understanding of that stated by Paul in that clipping you lifted. For the umpteenth time, I am not a mind reader. I grasp what Paul is expressing there, but what I don't grasp is the twist you are attempting to give to his statements. undecided

You will do that assignment yourself since you decided to skip it in your responses. Go back and read and read it well.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
You will do that assignment yourself since you decided to skip it in your responses. Go back and read and read it well.
Well, I take it you are done with this then. Have a nice day! undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
litigator:

Hmmm! This is good.

I used to study with your folks during my University days and we used to break bread as brethren.

They allowed me to ask all my Sunday school questions and satisfy all my pent-up curiosities from Sunday school and Scripture Union.

I lost contact when I moved, business and school take a toll and the rest is history.

I will be grateful to have you join the discourse.

Shalom

I believe you understand or understood the following

1. EXEGESIS

2. EISEGESIS

3. NEWSPAPER EISEGESIS

as it applies to Bible why do biblical dogma and doctrines change
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, I take it you are done with this then. Have a nice day! undecided

Long before this time. I already got what I wanted from you before you started seeking clarifications.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:

I believe you understand or understood the following

1. EXEGESIS

2. EISEGESIS

3. NEWSPAPER EISEGESIS

as it applies to Bible why do biblical dogma and doctrines change

Well! I won’t say yes cos I still a student of learning. I do akin these tools of interpretation like the 3 basic rule of legal interpretation. It almost the same.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:

What do you mean by natural and unnatural decedents?

Did Obed bridge that gap by birthing Boaz who was of mixed blood and thus the linage down to Jesse, David, Solomon, Joseph and Jesus were all of mixed blood?

You can look this up in Ruth 2.

I await your response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Preach Against Other Churches? / Yoruba Churches / To The Atheist/agnostics, Allah Does Exist; The One Time Events Are "proofs."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.