Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,423 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? (1965 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrines And Fake Prophecies? / All 22 Church Doctrines Of Deeper Life Christian Ministry / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
@Kobojunkie
■ Deuteronomy 29: 9 - 15 Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything you do.
10 All of you are standing today in the presence of the Lord your God—your leaders and chief men, your elders and officials, and all the other men of Israel,
11 together with your children and your wives, and the foreigners living in your camps who chop your wood and carry your water.
12 You are standing here in order to enter into a covenant with the Lord your God, a covenant the Lord is making with you this day and sealing with an oath,
13 to confirm you this day as his people, that he may be your God as he promised you and as he swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
14 I am making this covenant, with its oath, not only with you
15 who are standing here with us today in the presence of the Lord our God but also with those who are not here today.

■John 1: 6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John.
7 He came as a witness to [b]testify concerning that light
, so that through him all might believe.
8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
John 1:29.....The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

■Acts 9: 10 In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”“Yes, Lord,” he answered.
11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.
12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”
13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem.
14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”
15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
■Not everything is black and white, we do have grey areas haba! You don't have to go extremes to explain this haba!
■ Clearly, the first there that there is taken from the Constitution of the Nation of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan meaning that the foreigners living in the land will benefit from some of what offer — the dogs will eat from that which falls from the master's table. If you to the next chapter of Deuteronomy 30 beginning from verse 1, you will where God address specifically those of the stock of Israel, indicating that the promises in fact belong only to them. undecided
■ Well, that is taken from the same Gospel where Jesus Christ also indicated that the world He came to save is that which comprises only of the Lost sheep of Israel, the sinners of the world — Sin is defined by God's Law. God never gave any other nation His Law so the other nations were not sinners against God. The only segment of the world that was under God's Law at the time was Israel and so they were the sinners of the world at that time whose sin Jesus Christ came to take away, just as He Himself said. undecided
■ Here's what Jesus Christ Himself told you in His Gospel to you. undecided
16 “Listen! I am sending you, and you will be like sheep among wolves. So be smart like snakes. But also be like doves and don’t hurt anyone.
17 Be careful! There are people who will arrest you and take you to be judged. They will whip you in their synagogues.
18 You will be taken to stand before governors and kings. People will do this to you because you follow me. You will tell about me to those kings and governors and to the non-Jewish people.
19 When you are arrested, don’t worry about what to say or how you should say it. At that time you will be given the words to say.
20 It will not really be you speaking; the Spirit of your Father will be speaking through you. - Matthew 10 vs 16 - 20
So, nothing new. undecided
■ Actually, in God, everything seems pretty much black and white. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by BornKiller: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Of all the blunders and failures of logic I have ever seen in Biblical interpretation, yours is as tragic as it is painfully bereft of intelligence.
No wonder scholarship is dead in Nigeria if this is what it means to be a scholar.

Of course if you want to prove you are right, produce the Biblical evidence that Cornelius who is explicitly referred to as an Italian in Acts 10, was of Jewish or Israelite ancestry.

To show how dimwitted your view is, all you had to do, was read down to Acts 10:45 where it is made even more explicit that Cornelius was a Gentile because the Jewish people who went with Peter to meet with Cornelius were astonished because the Gift of the Holy Ghost was poured on a Gentile. Here Cornelius is explicitly referred to as a Gentile. If he had been a Jew, there would have been no astonishment on the part of the other Jews who witnessed the outpouring of the Spirit on Cornelius.

Acts 10:45

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So let us see your confused answer to Acts 10:45

Kobojunkie:
The story contains several clues that explain the roots of the man Cornelius. undecided

■ At that time, Peter, a Jew, harbored the idea that God cared only for the Jewish nation and not for the non-Jewish aspects of Israel that God had previously cursed and scattered among the Gentiles.
■ Cornelius was regarded as a just man — the only standard of righteousness at the time he could have been justified by was God's Old Law of Moses which, again, binds only those who are of the blood of Jacob.
■ Cornelius's charity to the poor was said to have been, by the angel, recognized by God — again the standard that his giving would have been accorded such recognization was the standard set by God in His Old Law, which, again, is binding to only those who are of the blood of Jacob - Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 & Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20.
■ Recall, from the Gospels, that the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth is subject only to Jesus Christ. What this means is that the Spirit of Truth only reveals to the followers of Jesus Christ that which pertains to Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God — John 14 vs 25 - 27 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 15. As such since He, the Spirit of Truth was the guide who sent Peter to Cornelius, this means that Cornelius was definitely not a dog — a non-Israelite — but instead of Israelite roots since Peter gave that which is Holy to him, Cornelius. Jesus Christ, in Matthew 7 vs 6, instructed His followers not to give that which are Holy to the dogs, dogs being a reference for those who are not of the House of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 20 - 26. undecided
■ Lastly, Cornelius became born-again after he was baptized by Peter— given that Jesus Christ was sent by the Father only to those who are of the blood of Jacob, Cornelius had to have been an Israelite for him to have been granted entry into the Kingdom of God. undecided

Here's a roundabout way of thinking of this. If Cornelius had been a dog — a non-Israelite— then it would mean that the Spirit of Truth is a lie, Jesus Christ who said that the Spirit was subject only to Him lied, and God, the Father who promised through the prophets that He would make an agreement with the House of Jacob probably was in on the lie as well. undecided

1 Like

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
BornKiller:
Of all the blunders and failures of logic I have ever seen in Biblical interpretation, yours is as tragic as it is painfully bereft of intelligence. No wonder scholarship is dead in Nigeria if this is what it means to be a scholar. Of course if you want to prove you are right, produce the Biblical evidence that Cornelius who is explicitly referred to as an Italian in Acts 10, was of Jewish or Israelite ancestry.
To show how dimwitted your view is, all you had to do, was read down to Acts 10:45 where it is made even more explicit that Cornelius was a Gentile because the Jewish people who went with Peter to meet with Cornelius were astonished because the Gift of the Holy Ghost was poured on a Gentile. Here Cornelius is explicitly referred to as a Gentile. If he had been a Jew, there would have been no astonishment on the part of the other Jews who witnessed the outpouring of the Spirit on Cornelius.

So let us see your confused answer to Acts 10:45
I already more than addressed your confusion in a previous comment. undecided

Jew is a term used to reference the subset of Israel born of either of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or some of the Levi clans. Another term of equal importance is the term Samaritan. Samaritans were descendants of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, sons of Joseph, hence Israelites as well. The others, also Israelites, had, at the time of Jesus Christ, been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren. Now then we come to those who were referred to by Jesus Christ in His gospel as dogs. The dogs are non-Israelites meaning they are not descendants of Jacob, and according to Jesus Christ, God's Law, they were excluded from God's plan and agreement. So when during the sermon on the mouth where Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is holy to the dogs in Matthew 7 vs 6, Jesus Christ in fact meant that they were not to offer salvation by the Gospel to the non-Israelites. So in Matthew 15 vs 24, Jesus Christ was simply reaffirming what He had taught to His followers which is that agreement was made by God only with those who are lost of Israel, a fact that affirms the Word of God as given through His Law of Moses and the prophets. . undecided

Cornelius was not a Jew but he was an Israelite who also happened to be a gentile. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ Clearly, the first there that there is taken from the Constitution of the Nation of Israel which God gave to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan meaning that the foreigners living in the land will benefit from some of what offer — the dogs will eat from that which falls from the master's table. If you to the next chapter of Deuteronomy 30 beginning from verse 1, you will where God address specifically those of the stock of Israel, indicating that the promises in fact belong only to them. undecided
■ Well, that is taken from the same Gospel where Jesus Christ also indicated that the world He came to save is that which comprises only of the Lost sheep of Israel, the sinners of the world — Sin is defined by God's Law. God never gave any other nation His Law so the other nations were not sinners against God. The only segment of the world that was under God's Law at the time was Israel and so they were the sinners of the world at that time whose sin Jesus Christ came to take away, just as He Himself said. undecided
■ Here's what Jesus Christ Himself told you in His Gospel to you. undecided
So, nothing new. undecided

This is what I need.....

meaning that the foreigners living in the land will benefit from some of what offer — the dogs will eat from that which falls from the master's table.

God never gave any other nation His Law so the other nations were not sinners against God.

Regarding the bold consider this..........

The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

Actually, in God, everything [b]seems pretty much black and white.[/b]

Had everything be in black and white King David won't survive adultery and murder the penalty should be based on the ten commandments. Black and white it is? Correct?
grin grin grin grin

Here is what Jesus Christ told one of his disciples

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

Atleast you can see the distinction there. Or Jesus is not knowledgeable enough to know what he meant by gentile and people of Israel? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
1. The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”

2. This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”
3. Had everything be in black and white King David won't survive adultery and murder the penalty should be based on the ten commandments. Black and white it is? Correct?
grin grin grin grin
Try making your questions more explicit cause it is hard trying to pick your brain from just the above.

1. Nineveh was a city in the Land of Canaan, was it not? And that is the same land of Canaan that God gave to the Israelites, yes? undecided
2. God, in His Covenant, promised to fight the enemies of Israel on behalf of Israel, did He not? undecided
3. God didn't punish the others who repented either, so why should David's case have been any different? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Try making your questions more explicit cause it is hard trying to pick your brain from just the above.

1. Nineveh was a city in the Land of Canaan, was it not? And that is the same land of Canaan that God gave to the Israelites, yes? undecided
2. God, in His Covenant, promised to fight the enemies of Israel on behalf of Israel, did He not? undecided
3. God didn't punish the others who repented either, so why should David's case have been any different? undecided

Nineveh was a city in the Land of Canaan, was it not? And that is the same land of Canaan that God gave to the Israelites, yes?

1. Did God give NINEVEH his laws or made covenant with them?

God, in His Covenant, promised to fight the enemies of Israel on behalf of Israel, did He not?

How do they become the enemies of Israel?

God didn't punish the others who repented either, so why should David's case have been any different

Now you talk about repentance grin grin grin grin. The laws given to Moses regarding adultery and murder, what was the penalty?

Here is what Jesus Christ told one of his disciples

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

Atleast you can see the distinction there. Or Jesus is not knowledgeable enough to know what he meant by gentile and people of Israel long after his resurrection?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
1. Did God give NINEVEH his laws or made covenant with them?
2. How do they become the enemies of Israel?
3. Now you talk about repentance grin grin grin grin. The laws given to Moses regarding adultery and murder what was the penalty?

4. Here is what Jesus Christ told one of his disciples
15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
Atleast you can see the distinction there. Or Jesus is not knowledgeable enough to know what he meant by gentile and people of Israel long after his resurrection?
1. God gave the Land of Canaan to the Israelites meaning all peoples — foreigners in the land — were under the Constitution that was given to Israel. In 1 Kings 19 vs 15 - 18, for example, God sent Elijah to anoint a King over Aram. Even the Moabites were under Israeli rule at one point until they broke away. 2 King 3 vs 1 - 5 undecided
2. You would have to read the Law and the stories for yourself to understand how each became enemies of Israel. undecided
3. Now, I talk about repentance. David wasn't the only king who committed adultery in the land. God Himself dealt with the Kings as He saw fit. So, if penitence is not good enough for you as God stated in scripture, then I suggest you take it up with God. undecided
4. And I already showed you what Jesus Christ Himself said in Matthew 10 of such appearances to be made by all of His followers. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Jew is a term used to reference the subset of Israel born of either of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or some of the Levi clans. Another term of equal importance is the term Samaritan. Samaritans were descendants of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, sons of Joseph, hence Israelites as well. The others, also Israelites, had, at the time of Jesus Christ, been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren. Now then we come to those who were referred to by Jesus Christ in His gospel as dogs. The dogs are non-Israelites meaning they are not descendants of Jacob, and according to Jesus Christ, God's Law, they were excluded from God's plan and agreement. So when during the sermon on the mouth where Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is holy to the dogs in Matthew 7 vs 6, Jesus Christ in fact meant that they were not to offer salvation by the Gospel to the non-Israelites. So in Matthew 15 vs 24, Jesus Christ was simply reaffirming what He had taught to His followers which is that agreement was made by God only with those who are lost of Israel, a fact that affirms the Word of God as given through His Law of Moses and the prophets. . undecided

Cornelius was not a Jew but he was an Israelite who also happened to be a gentile. undecided

Cornelius was not a Jew but he was an Israelite who also happened to be a gentile

Case closed.

Differentiate the words using your own definition above.......

Jew is a term used to reference the subset of Israel born of either of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or some of the Levi clans. Another term of equal importance is the term Samaritan. Samaritans were descendants of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, sons of Joseph, hence Israelites as well. The others, also Israelites, had, at the time of Jesus Christ, been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren. Now then we come to those who were referred to by Jesus Christ in His gospel as dogs. The dogs are non-Israelites meaning they are not descendants of Jacob, and according to Jesus Christ, God's Law, they were excluded from God's plan and agreement.

See your use of words here.....

been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren

The question becomes

Are the GENTILES aka the DOGS aka NON - ISRAELITES?

Yes/No?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by BornKiller: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kindly explain what these two scripture passages mean:

Romans 10.12
This includes everyone, because there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles; God is the same Lord of all and richly blesses all who call to him.

Colossians 3.11
As a result, there is no longer any distinction between Gentiles and Jews, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarians, savages, slaves, and free, but Christ is all, Christ is in all.

God was really speaking the truth when He said that He will use foolishness to confound those who are wise in their own eyes! grin grin grin

Kobojunkie:

1 Like

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God gave the Land of Canaan to the Israelites meaning all peoples — foreigners in the land — were under the Constitution that was given to Israel. In 1 Kings 19 vs 15 - 18, for example, God sent Elijah to anoint a King over Aram. Even the Moabites were under Israeli rule at one point until they broke away. 2 King 3 vs 1 - 5 undecided
2. You would have to read the Law and the stories for yourself to understand how each became enemies of Israel. undecided
3. Now, I talk about repentance. David wasn't the only king who committed adultery in the land. God Himself dealt with the Kings as He saw fit. So, if penitence is not good enough for you as God stated in scripture, then I suggest you take it up with God. undecided
4. And I already showed you what Jesus Christ Himself said in Matthew 10 of such appearances to be made by all of His followers. undecided

I have given you clues but going by the way you love to posit yourself here you won't see it or readily admit.

Not everything is black and white, we do have grey areas haba! You don't have to go extremes to explain this haba!

So, if penitence is not good enough for you as God stated in scripture, then I suggest you take it up with God.

When someone ask is everyone equal under the law? The standard response is YES but when standing before a judge to plead your case and the judge decides to bring the circumstances or grey areas into play regarding the case brought before the judge the judgement varies and it will look as everyone is not equal under the law.

God gave the Land of Canaan to the Israelites meaning all peoples — foreigners in the land — were under the Constitution that was given to Israel

Sweet, what I need is the word foreigners. Simple grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
BornKiller:
Romans 10.12 This includes everyone, because there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles; God is the same Lord of all and richly blesses all who call to him.
Colossians 3.11 As a result, there is no longer any distinction between Gentiles and Jews, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarians, savages, slaves, and free, but Christ is all, Christ is in all.
God was really speaking the truth when He said that He will use foolishness to confound those who are wise in their own eyes! grin grin grin
I see you are not even paying attention at all. Again, I already more than addressed your confusion in a previous comment. undecided

Jew is a term used to reference the subset of Israel born of either of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or some of the Levi clans.
■ Another term of equal importance is the term Samaritan. Samaritans were descendants of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, sons of Joseph, hence Israelites as well.
■ The others, also Israelites — those from the other 6 tribes of Israel —, had, at the time of Jesus Christ, been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren.
■ Now then we come to those who were referred to by Jesus Christ in His gospel as dogs. The dogs are non-Israelites meaning they are not descendants of Jacob, and according to Jesus Christ, God's Law, they were excluded from God's plan and agreement.
■ So during the sermon on the mount when Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is holy to the dogs in Matthew 7 vs 6, Jesus Christ in fact meant that they were not to offer salvation by the Gospel to the non-Israelites. So in Matthew 15 vs 24, Jesus Christ was simply reaffirming what He had taught to His followers which is that agreement was made by God only with those who are lost of Israel, a fact that affirms the Word of God as given through His Law of Moses and the prophets. . undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
BornKiller:

Romans 10.12
This includes everyone, because there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles; God is the same Lord of all and richly blesses all who call to him.

Colossians 3.11
As a result, there is no longer any distinction between Gentiles and Jews, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarians, savages, slaves, and free, but Christ is all, Christ is in all.

I only hope you won't get this his usual response regarding Paul's words sometimes grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
■ I have given you clues but going by the way you love to posit yourself here you won't see it or readily admit.
■ Not everything is black and white, we do have grey areas haba! You don't have to go extremes to explain this haba!
■ When someone ask is everyone equal under the law? The standard response is YES but when standing before a judge to plead your case and the judge decides to bring the circumstances or grey areas into play regarding the case brought before the judge the judgement varies and it will look as everyone is not equal under the law.
■ Sweet, what I need is the word foreigners. Simple grin
1. I suggest you clearly express in clear text your claimed clues instead to help remove all ambiguity here. undecided
2. Again, with God, you either confirm to His Law or you are a sinner. I would say that is pretty much black and white for anyone to reason with. undecided
3. As the examples with the Moabites and the Aramaic — all of them foreigners in the Land of Canaan which was given by God to Israel—, everyone is not equal under God's Law. undecided
4. OK! undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by BornKiller: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
The guy is a first class dullard and he has been so successful in making a fool of himself that he thinks he can apply his formula to everyone else.

achorladey:

I only hope you won't get this his usual response regarding Paul's words sometimes grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I suggest you clearly express in clear text your claimed clues instead to help remove all ambiguity here. undecided
2. Again, with God, you either confirm to His Law or you are a sinner. I would say that is pretty much black and white for anyone to reason with. undecided
3. As the examples with the Moabites and the Aramaic — all of them foreigners in the Land of Canaan which was given by God to Israel—, everyone is not equal under God's Law. undecided
4. OK! undecided

I want to see your black and white now? Did God made covenant or give his laws to the foreigners as well?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by HezAdeagbo(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
Biblical truth is eternal. However, men in their wisdom have tried to adulterate it, howbeit to their fall.

If you want to listen to sound teachings and doctrine of Christ, please subscribe and watch out for upcoming videos via this link;

https://youtube.com/@akinwandephilipokikijesu
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
I want to see your black and white now? Did God made covenant or give his laws to the foreigners as well?
Do you understand what a Constitutional Law is ? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by BornKiller: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Who is God referring to here?

Acts 15.17
And so all the rest of the human race will come to me, all the Gentiles whom I have called to be my own.

When God says that all the rest of the human race will come to Him, who is He referring to?

Kobojunkie:
I see you are not even paying attention at all. Again, I already more than addressed your confusion in a previous comment. undecided

Jew is a term used to reference the subset of Israel born of either of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or some of the Levi clans.
■ Another term of equal importance is the term Samaritan. Samaritans were descendants of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, sons of Joseph, hence Israelites as well.
■ The others, also Israelites — those from the other 6 tribes of Israel —, had, at the time of Jesus Christ, been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren.
■ Now then we come to those who were referred to by Jesus Christ in His gospel as dogs. The dogs are non-Israelites meaning they are not descendants of Jacob, and according to Jesus Christ, God's Law, they were excluded from God's plan and agreement.
■ So during the sermon on the mount when Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is holy to the dogs in Matthew 7 vs 6, Jesus Christ in fact meant that they were not to offer salvation by the Gospel to the non-Israelites. So in Matthew 15 vs 24, Jesus Christ was simply reaffirming what He had taught to His followers which is that agreement was made by God only with those who are lost of Israel, a fact that affirms the Word of God as given through His Law of Moses and the prophets. . undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2023
BornKiller:
Who is God referring to here?Acts 15.17
And so all the rest of the human race will come to me, all the Gentiles whom I have called to be my own.

When God says that all the rest of the human race will come to Him, who is He referring to?
You also shouldn't ignore the second part of that statement which indicate that only those He calls are expected to come to Him and who are they called from every tribe, every tongue, and every nation, back to God? The lost sheep of Israel whom God Himself cursed and scattered to all the four winds of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 16 & Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 22 & Revelations 5 vs 9 - 10 & Exodus 19 vs 6. undecided
Not everyone is called... undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Listen to yourself well well

From your explanation above we have

1. Gentiles aka Israelites who had completely mixed up with the people of other nations aka (the real GENTILES)

2. Gentiles aka the people of other nations not Israelites

3. The dogs aka not descendants of Jacobs aka people of other nations not descendants of Jacob aka foreigners grin grin grin grin

So when Jesus was passing the information in Acts to Ananias about Saul

But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

The gentiles here is referring to who?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you understand what a Constitutional Law is ? undecided

You returned with a question. I wanted to see black and white?
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
You returned with a question. I wanted to see black and white?
Is one who breaks any of God's laws not regarded as a sinner of the Law? Is this fact of the Law not black and white enough or what? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You also shouldn't ignore the second part of that statement which indicate that only those He calls are expected to come to Him and who are they called from every tribe, every tongue, and every nation, back to God? The lost sheep of Israel whom God Himself cursed and scattered to all the four winds of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 16 & Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 22 & Revelations 5 vs 9 - 10 & Exodus 19 vs 6. undecided
Not everyone is called... undecided

and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”

Does this promise made to Abraham include the dogs aka gentiles aka non Israelites aka not descendants of Jacob grin grin

Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I revert back to this scriptures one more time......

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God

Keep in your diary NOT OF NATURAL DESCENT OR DESCENDANTS as it were.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
From your explanation above we have
1. Gentiles aka Israelites who had completely mixed up with the people of other nations aka (the real GENTILES)
2. Gentiles aka the people of other nations not Israelites
3. The dogs aka not descendants of Jacobs aka people of other nations not descendants of Jacob aka foreigners grin grin grin grin

■So when Jesus was passing the information in Acts to Ananias about Saul
But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.” The gentiles here is referring to who?
Here again is what Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 10
16 “Listen! I am sending you, and you will be like sheep among wolves. So be smart like snakes. But also be like doves and don’t hurt anyone.
17 Be careful! There are people who will arrest you and take you to be judged. They will whip you in their synagogues.
18 You will be taken to stand before governors and kings. People will do this to you because you follow me. You will tell about me to those kings and governors and to the non-Jewish people. - Matthew 10 vs 16 - 18
Surely, you do not believe that Jesus Christ meant that you will only be brought before Kings and Governors of Israelite descent, right? And only the Israelite subjects will hear about Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Surely, you do not believe that Jesus Christ meant that you will only be brought before Kings and Governors of Israelite descent, right? And only the Israelite subjects will hear about Jesus Christ? undecided

See the below again....

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is one who breaks any of God's laws not regarded as a sinner of the Law? Is this fact of the Law not black and white enough or what? undecided

Don't colour my question?

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Paul was brought before who? grin grin

You are beginning to entangle yourself in the questions you are asking now grin grin grin
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
■and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”
Does this promise made to Abraham include the dogs aka gentiles aka non Israelites aka not descendants of Jacob grin grin
■Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

■I revert back to this scriptures one more time......
1. Take the case of the Canaanite woman whose daughter was healed by Jesus Christ in Matthew 15 vs 21 - 28, though she was excluded from the agreement that was Jesus Christ, she benefitted from it, did she not? undecided
2. I am not sure what you want me to do with this passage here. undecided
3. Again, I am not sure what you wish for me to do with this here. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
Don't colour my question?
As I explained to you earlier... the black and white is not mine to make but God's. And His Law makes it so for us. undecided
Kobojunkie:

Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2023
achorladey:
■See the below again....

I am afraid I am not a mind reader. If you have a question regarding the statements you keep reposting please clearly express them to remove all ambiguity. undecided
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As I explained to you earlier... the black and white is not mine to make but God's. And His Law makes it so for us. undecided

At least you admit your limitations. That's enough for me.

Isaiah 55: 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Re: If Church Doctrines And Dogmas Are Biblical, Why Do They Change? by achorladey: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I am not a mind reader. If you have a question regarding the statements you keep reposting please clearly express them to remove all ambiguity. undecided

Those scriptures remain in the realms of your Jews Gentiles and dogs saga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I See Another Reason Why God Mostly Speaks To Men. Girls Are Satan's Seeds / If Jesus Is Not The Son Of God, Then Who Is His Father? / What Is The Modest Christian Dressing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.