Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Burna Boy Had Effrontery To Curse Fans That Paid For His Show, Nigerians React. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Had Effrontery To Curse Fans That Paid For His Show, Nigerians React. (393 Views)

Show Nigerians Indian Hemp Found In My House – CDQ Tells NDLEA / Relative Uses Dead Body Of 'kay Low' To Curse SARS. Davido, Banky W React / Aloma, Davido's Crew Slams Wizkid Over O2 Show. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy Had Effrontery To Curse Fans That Paid For His Show, Nigerians React. by Thepointer: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Once a Bully, always A Bully

Despite purposeful Disrepect, Burna Boy has publicly slammed his fans for allegations on Cubana Club Shooting and others. He did this in a Concert held on Sunday in Lagos.

According to reports, the singer arrived at the concert — billed to start by 9 pm on Sunday — around 4 am on Monday.

When Burna Boy eventually turned up, he was seen calling out some of his fans for accusing him of shooting someone at a Lagos nightclub and claiming his mother once danced for Fela.
The ‘Last Last’ singer said he would not have shown up for the concert if not for Seyi Vibez who convinced him.
“Just to show you say I still love una. If not for Seyi Vibez, I for don dey go house,” he said.

“But I dey here for una, after una don talk say I kill person for Cubana, after una talk say my mama dance for Fela, after una don talk say…no wahala, I still love you, na why I still dey here, if you like no love me, na God go punish you.”

In another video, he also slammed fans for cursing him in the past. He added that if not for his love for them, he would not have performed at the show.

“Omo, no cap ooo, this is just to minimise they day when una dey curse me. If I dey lie right now, make God punish me, if no lie make God punish you. If na you be me, you no go come back. I no fit vex for una, I love una too much,” he added.

Concerned Nigerians took to their Twitter pages to condemn the act.

A tweep, @JoeyAkan wrote, “Burna Boy to White People: “My Africans are suffering. Dance to my music, brand me a reformer and reward me financially. Burna Boy to the suffering Africans: “God punish una.”

@Vibes_doctor also wrote, “Imagine what burna boy had to say. Zero apologies. He really thinks the concert was a favor to Nigerians.”

Another tweep, @ade_adeayo tweeted, “The situation on ground. Almost 2AM and Burna Boy’s concert is basically yet to start. Some people have been around since 9PM. For an artiste with the highest level of international exposure, this is beyond terrible and unprofessional.”

How much did you guys pay to hear Burna Boy say God will punish you people on the first day of 2023? @wakawaka_doctor wrote.

@unpr3dictabl3K also tweeted, “Not sure when these Artists & Organisers will learn to respect our precious time. 2:03 AM and no Burna Boy on sight. No supporting act. Even the DJ seems as tired as everyone else. Didn’t know we were in for a full Night Vigil.”

Lastly, Olamide0fficial tweeted, “Burna Boy called Nigerians “Unprogressive fools”. After coming late for his show, he still had the effrontery to say God go punish people that paid for it. This same man will still come here to sing about oppression/oppressors when he’s no different from the people he criticized.”

Recall that the President of One Love Foundation Chief. Dr. Patrick Osagie Eholor, in reaction to the Cubana Club-shooting, has been advocating for Justice.
In a previous publication, One love foundation Predicted that If Burna Boy was not sanctioned by the constituted authorities, he might do worse than the Club Shooting. These recent Happenings are a further fulfilment of that prediction.

"Tory Lanez was recently jailed for shooting, R.Kelly, Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson and others were jailed, they are not bigger than the law, Burna Boy also should face the consequences of the allegations against him, he is not God, he is not bigger than the Nigerians. I loved his song but I lost interest in his songs, I cannot be listening to that kind of person, I have diverted my attention to some others that respect fans, who respect women and humble not to be above the law. We are not agitating for wishing him bad but we rather do it to wish the less privileged Nigerians peace of mind. If Burna Boy face the consequences, it is to correct him like others I just mentioned." Chief Dr. Eholor added.

In a video going Viral, he claimed he showed up to the Concert that Fans paid to watch, not because of obligation but because of his love for them. But the irony lingers around why he slammed his beloved fans wishing them the punishment of God in a New Year.

Although there are several other composed Artists with so much respect for their fans in the lines of Asake, Arya Star, Tems, Olamide, zeenolensky and Don Jazzy amongst others, As at the time of filing this report, no Artist has publicly reacted to this.
Burma boy must be stopped n sanctioned otherwise, the next victim of his bullying might even be someone close to this reader.

#LetBurnaRespectFans
#BurnaBrutality
#BurnacurseFans
#EndSocietalBrutality

(1) (Reply)

Kunle Remi Explains How A Top Entertainer Tried To Make Him His Gay Partner / Bbtitans’ Host, Ebuka Obi-uchendu Finally Speaks On Health Issue / MC Allamano, First Nigerian Comedian To Tour 5 Countries 17 Cities In 28 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.