Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) (43612 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Katie Kleinxo: Lady Who Is HIV Positive Tattooed 'HIV+' On Her Private Part / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Osashalom: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
ottersberger:

4 actually. You forgot to mention the men they can control. That's a loose canon.
Nice update
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Amayabor1: 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2023
Divaan:
He should confirm it is not an hiv PEP(prophylaxis) drug before reaching his conclusion. LTD-M is mostly given as a PEP drug

Whether it's PeP or not, she has alot of explanation to do. who did she have unprotected sex with to be taking PEP?
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by lailo: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
Divaan:
He should confirm it is not an hiv PEP(prophylaxis) drug before reaching his conclusion. LTD-M is mostly given as a PEP drug
What makes someone to be taking PEP drug for 3 years?
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Gohs: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
That marriage is going to shake. . . I pray they don't breakup.

By the way everyone, remember to vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.
Thanks cheesy grin
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by chinemezeq: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
habsydiamond:
he never have sex with his wife of 3years ... oga fear God ooo
tell those who said he has to go for test, as if they don't know that he has HIV too
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
vickydevoka:

How

How what,please?
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
chinemezeq:
tell those who said he has to go for test, as if they don't know that he has HIV too

He may likely not be infected
His wife has been on medications.
Her viral load will most likely be undetectable.
Hence,she can't transmit the virus through sex
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
usedcardealerph:

I really don't know much about it as it's there personal issue. And what I said up there is all I know. She discovered she was hiv positive when she was pregnant for the first child. And according to the husband he was scared it'll affect the child but it didn't after proper care was taken on the child. The boy is 7yrs nw and he's healthy and hiv negative. Don't knw how but God did.

And what do u mean by if the husband didn't get it up till now then he'll never get it again....are u a doctor??

Comments on this post makes me realise that nIgerians don't know much about HIV.
There are many couples -one is positive,the other remains negative
They have unprotected sex and have negative children.
They are called "sero-discordant couples"

People who are compliant with their medications usually have high CD4+ count and undetectable viral load,hence they can't transmit the virus through sex .
They are healthy looking and go about their normal businesses.

Pregnant women,like other positive people,take the medications.
There is a special programme in Nigeria called PMTCT(Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission) and it's very active.
The New Born babies of HIV positive women are given medications for a while, usually syrups.
They turn out negative.

HIV is not a death sentence.
Lack of information and education still causing stigmatization and unnecessary panic in this age and time.

2 Likes

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by sniperr007(m): 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
VeryWickedSimp:
Its called true love.
Now they are both positive.

Not like that.

If she's on her drugs and a viral load is low. She can't infect him.

They can live for many years and he won't get infected
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by dnawah(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:
There is love in sharing
it is the other way round.there is sharing in love grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by LKO(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
Starcrest1:

I work in the med lab.... Well sometimes we have false negative or false positive. False negative might be dangerous because no further tests are done. But false positives can easily be rectified because further confirmatory tests are done.

What I meant if she's on ART regularly, the chances of her transmitting it to her husband or child is zero because the virus will be reduced to the level where it can't be detected in her blood anymore only in reservoir tissues.

Assuming it is the man that is positive and still on ART, won't the wife be infected ?
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by LKO(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
spiceadole:

Comments on this post makes me realise that nIgerians don't know much about HIV.
There are many couples -one is positive,the other remains negative
They have unprotected sex and have negative children.
They are called "sero-discordant couples"

People who are compliant with their medications usually have high CD4+ count and undetectable viral load,hence they can't transmit the virus through sex .
They are healthy looking and go about their normal businesses.

Pregnant women,like other positive people,take the medications.
There is a special programme in Nigeria called PMTCT(Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission) and it's very active.
The New Born babies of HIV positive women are given medications for a while, usually syrups.
They turn out negative.

HIV is not a death sentence.
Lack of information and education still causing stigmatization and unnecessary panic in this age and time.

Does this information also applies to a man who is positive and on treatment?
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Sanmel(f): 12:23am On Jan 04, 2023
I would have said it's a lie but I've seen it happen where I worked before..
This one was around 7 years in marriage and the woman came to deliver her 3rd child..

I've always seen cases of men hiding it which I think is more common, but for women, it was the first time. Mehn! I was astonished..
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 12:57am On Jan 04, 2023
LKO:

Does this information also applies to a man who is positive and on treatment?

Yes..Male and female.
There are husbands who are HIV positive but their wives are negative.
My cousin's husband is positive..9 years +.
Wife is negative.As at last month she registered for ANC.
They have 2 children already.
This is the 3rd pregnancy.
His viral load is undetectable because of medications.
Undetectable= Untransmissable

2 Likes

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 1:01am On Jan 04, 2023
Sanmel:
I would have said it's a lie but I've seen it happen where I worked before..
This one was around 7 years in marriage and the woman came to deliver her 3rd child..

I've always seen cases of men hiding it which I think is more common, but for women, it was the first time. Mehn! I was astonished..

From experience as a doctor,women hide it more than men, for obvious reasons.
It's easier to convince a male patient to inform his wife about his status..not so for females
An HIV positive woman will keep her drugs in the kitchen where the man hardly enters.She goes there and takes it at the appropriate time.. usually early mornings.
She will collect medications for her expectant baby and be giving the child right under husband's nose,he will think it's just children's multivitamin
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by chinemezeq: 5:31am On Jan 04, 2023
spiceadole:

He may likely not be infected
His wife has been on medications.
Her viral load will most likely be undetectable.
Hence,she can't transmit the virus through sex
but through what. Guy, u are educated, don't talk as if not educated, once u have HIV, u are a carrier no matter any medication, there's no more other way to have HIV contracted than sex and other blood transfusion, HIV is one of de STDs
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Starcrest1: 7:55am On Jan 04, 2023
chinemezeq:
but through what. Guy, u are educated, don't talk as if not educated, once u have HIV, u are a carrier no matter any medication, there's no more other way to have HIV contracted than sex and other blood transfusion, HIV is one of de STDs

Oga you are the one writing like the uneducated person here. You don't even want to read and learn. Ignorance is a disease shaa......

1 Like

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by chinemezeq: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2023
Starcrest1:

Oga you are the one writing like the uneducated person here. You don't even want to read and learn. Ignorance is a disease shaa......
This is not a point
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by charlsecy(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2023
segunpraiz:
By the way the man should test HIV positive by now because it is just not possible to have touched her since. If so just manage her like that as the two of you is now positive.
First, it's possible for him to not have touched her since then. Second, if the wife is religious with her drugs, her viral load would be too low to infect the husband or any for that matter.

VeryWickedSimp:
Now they are both positive.
Who told you?

flokii:
The wife was taking her drugs so she won't die but isn't bothered that the man she is living with is exposed to the virus.
She may be bothered; that's why she is on drugs perhaps to also avoid infecting the husband.
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Chaos14: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2023
meobizy:
My nd44. The troll is building up for a month-long ban.

Replying you is being complicit in derailing. Your ban is coming soon.
i said drop location let me fvck you but you're calling mod na wa
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
chinemezeq:

You are the one who needs education.
You have little information about HIV.
You need to be updated and enlightened.

In my position as a medical doctor who has worked across 3 continents,managing people living with HIV on regular basis,I think I'm educated enough.

Many couples are like that
Husband positive..Wife negative
Wife Positive..Husband Negative..
They are called Sero-discordant couples.
Children born to HIV positive women..Negative ,thanks to the PMTCT (Prevention of Mother To child Transmission) programme which is active all over the world including Nigeria.

HIV is not a death sentence

2 Likes

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Akposkiz: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Some women are heartless.
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by chinemezeq: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
spiceadole:

You are the one who needs education.
You have little information about HIV.
You need to be updated and enlightened.

In my position as a medical doctor who has worked across 3 continents,managing people living with HIV on regular basis,I think I'm educated enough.

Many couples are like that
Husband positive..Wife negative
Wife Positive..Husband Negative..
They are called Sero-discordant couples.
Children born to HIV positive women..Negative ,thanks to the PMTCT (Prevention of Mother To child Transmission) programme which is active all over the world including Nigeria.

HIV is not a death sentence
clapping

1 Like

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by spiceadole: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
chinemezeq:
clapping

Thank you.
Meanwhile,I'm a lady..not a guy.
Cheerio!
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by chinemezeq: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
spiceadole:

Thank you. Meanwhile,I'm a lady..not a guy. Cheerio!
Ok Ok. Ur welcome.
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by Sanmel(f): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
spiceadole:

From experience as a doctor,women hide it more than men, for obvious reasons.
It's easier to convince a male patient to inform his wife about his status..not so for females
An HIV positive woman will keep her drugs in the kitchen where the man hardly enters.She goes there and takes it at the appropriate time.. usually early mornings.
She will collect medications for her expectant baby and be giving the child right under husband's nose,he will think it's just children's multivitamin
Wow! People get mind o
Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by felzokugo(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
AreaFada2:

If you don't mind me chipping in, PEP is post-exposure prophylaxis. It is medication that should be given as soon as possible after possible accidental exposure to HIV or indeed any HIV exposure. For example, unprotected sex or needle prick in a healthcare worker, etc. It is still effective if taken up to 72 hours after exposure but the earlier it is taken, the more effective at preventing infection.

TLD is a combination therapy containing three antiretroviral (ARV) drugs to treat HIV. It is the current drug that replaced older TLE. It can be used prophylactically but the quantity in the container the guy found suggests that it is for HIV treatment. Typically taken once a day. Unless she is working secretly as a prostitute and needs to constantly have PEP available.

TLD is just an acronym made from choosing the first letter of each drug. This single tab makes taking the drug daily easier.

For some reason, in sexual health, gay people are the most enlightened about PEP. They meet a random guy in a gay bar and have a romp till Sunday morning. They go to work normally on Monday Morning, leave work early and turn up just before end of working day in sexual healthcare centre. They tell you exactly how many hours ago they had unprotect gay sex and want PEP. They ensure that their exposure was less than 70 hours, certainly under 72 hours earlier. Simple. I wish most heterosexual people were as enlightened. PEP costs hundreds of pounds per person. Health service bears the cost.

The lady should have told the hubby, monitor her viral load together and jointly decide when to use or not use protection during intercourse.

HIV diagnosis is not a death sentence anymore.

Thanks for the insight. Appreciated.

Re: Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) by felzokugo(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
AreaFada2:

If you don't mind me chipping in, PEP is post-exposure prophylaxis. It is medication that should be given as soon as possible after possible accidental exposure to HIV or indeed any HIV exposure. For example, unprotected sex or needle prick in a healthcare worker, etc. It is still effective if taken up to 72 hours after exposure but the earlier it is taken, the more effective at preventing infection.

TLD is a combination therapy containing three antiretroviral (ARV) drugs to treat HIV. It is the current drug that replaced older TLE. It can be used prophylactically but the quantity in the container the guy found suggests that it is for HIV treatment. Typically taken once a day. Unless she is working secretly as a prostitute and needs to constantly have PEP available.

TLD is just an acronym made from choosing the first letter of each drug. This single tab makes taking the drug daily easier.

For some reason, in sexual health, gay people are the most enlightened about PEP. They meet a random guy in a gay bar and have a romp till Sunday morning. They go to work normally on Monday Morning, leave work early and turn up just before end of working day in sexual healthcare centre. They tell you exactly how many hours ago they had unprotect gay sex and want PEP. They ensure that their exposure was less than 70 hours, certainly under 72 hours earlier. Simple. I wish most heterosexual people were as enlightened. PEP costs hundreds of pounds per person. Health service bears the cost.

The lady should have told the hubby, monitor her viral load together and jointly decide when to use or not use protection during intercourse.

HIV diagnosis is not a death sentence anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Swiss Man Left In Intensive Care After Suffering Lung Injury From Masturbating / Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' / Ex-Governor Ikpeazu's Newly-Built Hospital Is Unfit For Human Use - Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.