Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It (2140 Views)

Which South West States Can Obi And Atiku Get 25%? / Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by OsunOriginal: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
Election results in southeast will be the most interesting. This is the region Peter Obi comes from which ordinarily should be a launchpad for him. However, the political dynamics in the region are the most intriguing. This region has been consistently and largely PDP regardless of who the party fields... whether a rogue, thief, etc. It doesnt matter. Therefore, apart from Anambra which is APGA, other states in SE, we can say, are in the hands of the PDP because the political heavyweights in the region today are still mainly in the PDP. I know Imo and Ebonyi are APC-controlled at the state level but the PDP's voting power is still very potent in those states.

Nonetheless, we can say we have in southeast, 2 APC-controlled states (Imo and Ebonyi). The PDP controls Enugu and Abia while APGA controls Anambra. Obi's party controls nothing in the whole of southeast. All the political leaders in these states have refused to endorse Obi and these are the people that will mobilize voters on election day and they won't mobilize voters for Obi/LP. We know why. The APC man controlling Imo will fight with everything he has to retain his hold on the state because allowing Obi's party in his state is like digging his own grave. This is the problem Obi will face in all the southeastern states. While Obi naively thinks the youths who are mostly on social media will help him on election day, the real politicians have their people and those will ensure Obi and his party are defeated in all elections including the presidential.

To this end, I don't think Obi can win any state in SE apart from Anambra since APGA doesn't have a formidable presidential candidate. Yes, he will get the required 25% from the states in the region.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by ahnie: 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Let the electorates decide that,these online brawl should cease.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by MandelaLives: 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Peter Obi is an unusual candidate. His support base isn't at home, which is good. Obj too was rejected by Yoruba in 1999. So, nothing do PO.

You guys are yet to see. Politicians will not be able to determine much in the elections. Plus, Enugu and Abia Governors are members of G-5 which will make them not to be all-out to support the PDP at the Presidential polls.

Even Ebonyi and Anambra Governors will be careful not to incur the wrath of their citizens. Only Imo Governor will be stupid enough to try to rig for Tinubu, but Imolites are so tough he may meet his Waterloo trying to do that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
You people that analyze Obi chances are jokers, I'm not even sure of 100k votes for him

Obi will drop out of the race latest January 18

Atiku is coming

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by LeoDeKing: 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2023
Did ojukwu win SE with his apuga?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by cass1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thinkam:
You people that analyze Obi chances are jokers, I'm not even sure of 100k votes for him

Atiku is coming

���� before na “latest December “ . Continue dey shift post. Dey play

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Amotolongbo(f): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
I don’t see Obi winning a state in the South East.

Na only dem sabi how dem take dey do dem politics.
Nzogbu Nzogbu

Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu didn’t win the senatorial election despite being referred.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by FreedomfromtheT: 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
From every indication, Peter Obi is not only winning the Southeast, he is also winning the Southsouth, majority of the Northcentral and parts of the Southwest. The northern Muslim votes will be shared among Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso with Obi getting a fraction.
By the grace of God, Peter Obi is Nigeria's next president to the glory of God and betterment of Nigeria!
Thank you.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by MandelaLives: 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
You are mentally very shallow. What do you mean by 100k votes? Where?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Lalar27: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
It will be hard for obi to win a state in the east because most sitting governor don't really like him that much
Last last he will be dragging no 7 with sowore this coming election

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by OsunOriginal: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
From every indication, Peter Obi is not only winning the Southeast, he is also winning the Southsouth, majority of the Northcentral and parts of the Southwest. The northern Muslim votes will be shared among Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso with Obi getting a fraction.
By the grace of God, Peter Obi is Nigeria's next president to the glory of God and betterment of Nigeria!
Thank you.

Where in southwest if I may ask? Obi won't get up to 5% in most of the states in southwest. And in northcentral, he can't win any of the states there. We have seen his campaign in Kogi, Nasarawa, etc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
MandelaLives:

You are mentally very shallow. What do you mean by 100k votes? Where?

How many votes can he get, aside independent voters?

Nigeria has less than 100k independent voters bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Gbogbowa: 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2023
OsunOriginal:
Election results in southeast will be the most interesting. This is the region Peter Obi comes from which ordinarily should be a launchpad for him. However, the political dynamics in the region are the most intriguing. This region has been consistently and largely PDP regardless of who the party fields... whether a rogue, thief, etc. It doesnt matter. Therefore, apart from Anambra which is APGA, other states in SE, we can say, are in the hands of the PDP because the political heavyweights in the region today are still mainly in the PDP. I know Imo and Ebonyi are APC-controlled at the state level but the PDP's voting power is still very potent in those states.

Nonetheless, we can say we have in southeast, 2 APC-controlled states (Imo and Ebonyi). The PDP controls Enugu and Abia while APGA controls Anambra. Obi's party controls nothing in the whole of southeast. All the political leaders in these states have refused to endorse Obi and these are the people that will mobilize voters on election day and they won't mobilize voters for Obi/LP. We know why. The APC man controlling Imo will fight with everything he has to retain his hold on the state because allowing Obi's party in his state is like digging his own grave. This is the problem Obi will face in all the southeastern states. While Obi naively thinks the youths who are mostly on social media will help him on election day, the real politicians have their people and those will ensure Obi and his party are defeated in all elections including the presidential.

To this end, I don't think Obi can win any state in SE apart from Anambra since APGA doesn't have a formidable presidential candidate. Yes, he will get the required 25% from the states in the region.
I'm always surprise to hear that Obidient are only on social media is pa Adebanjo on social media,Obj on social media,Aisha Yusuf on social media p square on social media,the youth spending money and many other youth,eyan lowa leyin Oro Loro fin ke,you can't have a masquerade except a man is ready to cover his face,social media is not spirit but human behind it,no serious business survive without presense on social media so Obi is a goal

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Mindcure: 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nigerians

Life and Death is set before you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Gbogbowa: 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
MandelaLives:
Peter Obi is an unusual candidate. His support base isn't at home, which is good. Obj too was rejected by Yoruba in 1999. So, nothing do PO.

You guys are yet to see. Politicians will not be able to determine much in the elections. Plus, Enugu and Abia Governors are members of G-5 which will make them not to be all-out to support the PDP at the Presidential polls.

Even Ebonyi and Anambra Governors will be careful not to incur the wrath of their citizens. Only Imo Governor will be stupid enough to try to rig for Tinubu, but Imolites are so tough he may meet his Waterloo trying to do that.
this is what the Igbo has been waiting for,what will save soludo is that is not contesting now if not he will lose,I'm yet to meet any Igbo man physically that is not voting Obi both in Lagos ABA Onisha and akwa ibom

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by JoeNL22(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
OsunOriginal:

Same with Tinubu. Tinubu can only get 25% from the southwest. Atiku 25% and obi is 50%. Let February cum abeg.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by MandelaLives: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thinkam:

How many votes can he get, aside independent voters?

Nigeria has less than 100k independent voters bro
We keep talking about human lives while you keep talking about shallow party politics. If you've lost any person or property to bandits or if you have a family to feed in Nigeria, you'd know that Nigerians don't care about party politics as they care about their lives, families, and destinies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Bontafa: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
Op so how his name is now obi not obituary?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by JoeNL22(m): 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
Bros, u no wan still get sense..... grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by OsunOriginal: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
Gbogbowa:
I'm always surprise to hear that Obidient are only on social media is pa Adebanjo on social media,Obj on social media,Aisha Yusuf on social media p square on social media,the youth spending money and many other youth,eyan lowa leyin Oro Loro fin ke,you can't have a masquerade except a man is ready to cover his face,social media is not spirit but human behind it,no serious business survive without presense on social media so Obi is a goal

Would you not get more votes if Baba Suwe (of blessed memory) endorsed you than an OBJ endorsing you?
And we saw P square in rivers state singing to an invisible assemblage of obidients at the stadium during Obi's campaign there. The stadium was filled to the bream only that the attendees were invisible grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by OsunOriginal: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
Bontafa:
Op so how his name is now obi not obituary?

You can call it anything. I prefer Peter Obi though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Bontafa: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
OsunOriginal:

You can call it anything. I prefer Peter Obi though

Obi will not get 50 vote so why are you masturbating?

Focus on candidate that will have 50 billion vote na

Una go hear am hot hot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by OsunOriginal: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
Bontafa:

Obi will not get 50 vote so why are you masturbating?

Focus on candidate that will have 50 billion vote na

Una go hear am hot hot

We're educating you so you don't start shouting rigging when results start trickling in
Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Gbogbowa: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
OsunOriginal:

Where in southwest if I may ask? Obi won't get up to 5% in most of the states in southwest. And in northcentral, he can't win any of the states there. We have seen his campaign in Kogi, Nasarawa, etc.
You are joking Obi will get up to 40percet in Lagos alone,check any street in Lagos the Igbo that lives there outnumbered the yoruba and unfortunately yoruba will be divided along party line,no yoruba in Lagos,Osun,Oyo that are PDP member will vote Tinubu because is yoruba that is why they destroys Tinubu billboard in Oyo and Osun,the Igbos are more united to vote Obi than yoruba unity to vote Tinubu ,soludo , Arthur eze and father mbaka that rose against Obi has be silent but who will rise Against Afenifere and Obj that has risen against Tinubu Ori o ri ta Ra e

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Gbogbowa: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Did ojukwu win SE with his apuga?
under free and fair election Ojukwu will win but it was in the days of mass rigging that is why he lost more so the church then did not appreciate Ojukwu because of the fear of possible secession if Ojukwu won and that is the essence of OBJ letter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Lamasta(m): 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
Amotolongbo:
I don’t see Obi winning a state in the South East.

Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu didn’t win the senatorial election despite being referred.

Do you live in any of the eastern state?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Bontafa: 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
OsunOriginal:

We're educating you so you don't start shouting rigging when results start trickling in

Serious voter go and vote your urine dispenser and leave we the vote wasters alone

Nobody begged for your failed political education

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by OsunOriginal: 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Gbogbowa:
You are joking Obi will get up to 40percet in Lagos alone,check any street in Lagos the Igbo that lives there outnumbered the yoruba and unfortunately yoruba will be divided along party line,no yoruba in Lagos,Osun,Oyo that are PDP member will vote Tinubu because is yoruba that is why they destroys Tinubu billboard in Oyo and Osun,the Igbos are more united to vote Obi than yoruba unity to vote Tinubu ,soludo , Arthur eze and father mbaka that rose against Obi has be silent but who will rise Against Afenifere and Obj that has risen against Tinubu Ori o ri ta Ra e

Chukwudi, stop being naive
Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Bontafa: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
OsunOriginal:

Chukwudi, stop being naive

Is that why you failed to cover your yansh in shame after creating a moniker with Osun and yet Bola's candidate lost ?

5 Likes

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by TinubuDeDrugLor: 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
Atiku is coming to your mothers TotoRito.

Slowpoke

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by NothingDoMe: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
Obj believes in Obi. Who am i not to waste my vote alongside Obj? cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi Win SE In The Coming Elections? Let's Debate It by Bontafa: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Obj believes in Obi. Who am i not to waste my vote alongside Obj? cheesy

My brother na vote wasting we dey like this urchins can wail on

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike To Tinubu: Bring N100 Billion If You Want Rivers Votes / See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria / Nigeria Immigration Boss Becomes First African On Icao's Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.