Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults (6951 Views)

Wike On Secession: Won’t Allow Anyone To Annex, Hoist Unnecessary Flag In Rivers / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Gbenga Daniel And Rotimi Amaechi In Campaign Debate On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by BSMS(f): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2020
(001)
DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

(1) How many Igbos live or work in Kano State?
(2) How many Igbos live or work in Abuja?
(3) How man Igbos live or work in Lagos?
(4) Is it true that more than 20 million Igbos live or work in other parts of Nigeria outside Igboland?
(5) Is it true that there are more Igbo owned businesses outside Igboland than those located in Igboland?
(6) If true, it means Igbos earn more than half their income from economic activities occurring in other parts of Nigeria outside Igboland.

If you don't have the above information, how can you honestly and realistically plan for secession or for Biafra?

If as a result of secession millions of Igbos are to relocate back to Igboland, what plans do you have to provide them employment and settle them in Igboland?

The funny thing about ipob is that they never think about these things. They just emote.

One thing they forgot was that by the time Ojujwu declared Biafra in 1967, all Igbos in Nigeria had been forced back to Igboland. If millions of Igbos were freely doing their business in Kano and Lagos, Ojukwu would not have attempted a secession.

You need to consider the 20 million Igbos scattered all over Nigeria outside Igboland. If you were them, would you abandon your successful businessrs in Kano and Lagos and return to Igboland to fight over land with your village people?

Those 20 million Igbos are richer than those in Igboland. When referendum comes, they will vote against break-up and they will use their influence to get their brothers at home to vote against it. So, I can predict with certainty that the referendum will fail woefully.

The Igbos are like eagles. They need a vast space to soar wide and far. Igbos don't need to be confined within a tight space. They are free spirits. For the Igbos, there should be no national boundaries. The Igbos need a borderless world, without national boundaries.

We just need to give them an enabling environment, a levelplaying field, a system where reward will be based on merit and hard work, justice and equity and fair play. What the Igbos want is a fair play, not a border. We are free people. The whole world bu nke anyi. Africa should have been like India or China - just one country.

Now, let's debate. No insults.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by donbachi(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Goodmorning moderators,panel of judges,accurate time keeper and co-debaters.

I'm here to support everything as written by the op above...ibo people no try at allllll...how u go leave ur place go dey develop another man place...wey carry only kettle,praying mat and world receiver radio come ur own place...I have lived in calabar,warri and owerri..I never see Hausa man wey buy land build house for east and even in d south south region as well...I no dey against any tribe..if all other tribes leave tribal sentiments like the ibo business men..Naija for Don grow pass like dis...kiosk wey na only am dey sell.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by BSMS(f): 11:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Your point is noted I am the moderator
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by dawnomike(m): 11:38am On Mar 18, 2020
In as much as I'm not a fan of the present Biafra agitation... The 20 million igbo estimate you wrote about do not necessarily have to go back to their homeland. It will only imply they are foreigners(Biafrans) doing business in the new Nigeria... Hence, the law will require they obtain the necessary immigration documents and carry the Biafran passport to travel.
They'll also hv to visit the Nigerian Embassy/ Consulate in Biafra to obtain travel visas to enter Nigeria from Biafra!

NB: In my opinion, It is quite more complex than we think

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by BSMS(f): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2020
What if they are hostile
dawnomike:
In as much as I'm not a fan of the present Biafra agitation... The 20 million igbo estimate you wrote about do not necessarily have to go back to their homeland. It will only imply they are foreigners(Biafrans) doing business in the new Nigeria... Hence, the law will require they obtain the necessary immigration documents and carry the Biafran passport to travel.
They'll also hv to visit the Nigerian Embassy/ Consulate in Biafra to obtain travel visas to enter Nigeria from Biafra!

NB: In my opinion, It is quite more complex than we think
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Conner44: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2020
This op is just looking for trouble with yet another igbophobic thread.

Op if there is a secession and the country divides then biafrans in Nigeria will be foreigners and Nigerians in Biafra will also be foreigners.

If there’s hostility in any of the areas by any of the foreigners they immediately get arrested, prosecuted or deported.

Shikena

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 11:48am On Mar 18, 2020
First of all Nigerian population is not up to 150million.

Don't let all those ghost statistics deceive you.

That apart the amount of igbos leaving outside Igbo land are not up to 20million, that apart. There are citizens from Niger, Togo, Cameroon, Ghana living in Nigeria?

I am Igbo and I believe I will be an Igbo godfather some day and I tell u the major force driving secession in Nigeria is injustice.

Let there by equity in Nigeria. Everybody is suffering the injustice but we igbos are the worst hit.

Buhari marginalized the south with the least appointments but do u know anytime the south got the least appointments igbos got none.

Same goes for projects, even the loan that was to be taken before its suspension. Imagine taking a loan for the whole Nigeria that will be paid by the whole Nigeria and a whole geopolitical zone was excluded from the projects while some zones got more than 2 multi million dollar projects.

That's pure wickedness.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by BSMS(f): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2020
What if they decide to nationalise Biafran company's and business? Forget igbophobia let's Debate extensively on this with facts and points.
Conner44:
This op is just looking for trouble with yet another igbophobic thread.

Op if there is a secession and the country divides then biafrans in Nigeria will be foreigners and Nigerians in Biafra will also be foreigners.

If there’s hostility in any of the areas by any of the foreigners they immediately get arrested, prosecuted or deported.

Shikena
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 11:54am On Mar 18, 2020
Our only fear as igbos as regards secession was never oil or economy the whole idea was peace, unity and progress.

A peaceful, united and progressive nation is one million times better than a resource filled violent, insecure nation suffering a resource curse.

Where our security apparatus is made up majorly of one tribe, u would find out that when it comes to recruitment that involves merit these people won't show up but when it comes to govt recruitments that's full of nepotism the would get most of the jobs. The excuse is that they picked the best man for the job without looking at tribe but do a close scrutiny u would find out that 80percent of these people cant communicate with u in English.

These are the people that would go for meetings abroad when there mates are striking deals with foreign corporations that would benefit there people. The foreign corporations know they are dealing with dunces, they would strike deal that they would use to rip off there own people without even knowing it.

10 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by mrvitalis(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2020
Lol igbos are ready to sacrifice those investments for the future of our children , my family n friends would be affected sure ...

U people talk u also forget there is northern n western Nigerian money in Igbo owned banks and the reverse to

The businesses that igbos do are essential to those community that if they should leave to he vacuum would be hard to fill for a while

There are igbos in every African countries ,how we live there is how we would live in oduduwa republic n north

Two u think Biafra would sit n watch a Nation intimidate her citizens ? Two there are laws that guide this things

10 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Conner44: 11:57am On Mar 18, 2020
BSMS:
What if they decide to nationalise Biafran company's and business? Forget igbophobia let's Debate extensively on this with facts and points.

Mr. Man, it’s igbophobia.

Don’t you realize that secession and its resultant fallout is a ‘double edged sword’, the issues and resolutions go both ways.

What of if Biafra decides to nationalize Nigerian companies and businesses?

Shebi you now realize how futile it is to reach for the speck in my eye while there’s a log in to yours.

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 11:59am On Mar 18, 2020
Nigerians would think its a joke, this country is a joke with no serious vision just nepotism filled vision.

I saw in a post by a yoruba guy called omnakoda. Where northern senators were debating over a Fg scholarship list that's supposed to be on merit not having northerners in it. This guy predicted that he won't be surprised if the scheme gets suspended. That was 2015.

Guess what when Buhari came in the scheme got suspended.

This is the kind of country we are in.

19 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
If u want to know who the aggressor is ask yourself this question.

Nigeria bought every inch of land with Nigerian money, money from the whole Nigeria, where Abuja is right now.

The capital of Nigeria, it was sighted in the centre of Nigeria and to some people it belongs to the north, that's why year to year fct minsters are always selected from the north.

Why must it be so?

Does the fct belong to the north?

If the north is claiming fct for its geographical location so they are the ones who have the sole right to it then its high time the fct its relocated to somewhere where it would really be at the centre so all regions in Nigeria will be able to really have a sense of belonging.

If they can't appoint an fct minister from the south.

Let the fct be located in such a way that land from both the north and south will be part of it.

SIMPLE.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by slimfit1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Odua Republic won't work with Arewa never. If Biafra happens Oduduwa follows.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by dawnomike(m): 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
BSMS:
What if they are hostile
Approximately 20 million people can not be hostile... No doubt, some may become hostile but not all
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Buhari was about to give $300 million dollars to the north east for the so called north east development and rehabilitation plan from terrorism.

Go to the north east especially Bornu state and see for yourself and then go to a lot of states in the south, maybe Abia, Delta, during my nysc in delta I served in a place that has not seen Nepa light for over 10years, 10years and uptil now nothing, or even Abule Ado in Lagos.

Ask yourself amongst these two states who needs this money?

But wickedness in this country will not make a lot of us tell each other the truth.

11 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
The kind of atrocities Fulani's have commited all over Nigeria. From time immemorial if igbos that are also travellers commuted these atrocities, by now one kind genocide would have happened. And Nigerians would justify it.

9 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2020
Buhari closed Nigerian borders. But go up north to a lot of border towns, nothing is happening goods are still going to and fro.

According to stats the border closure is only being effective in the south. Ask yourself that since they closed the borders how come in the south almost every time people are being caught by customs but how many people have been caught in the north.

This deceive and cheating in this Nigeria thats going on won't happen forever.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
donbachi:

I'm here to support everything as written by the op above...ibo people no try at allllll...how u go leave ur place go dey develop another man place...wey carry only kettle,praying mat and world receiver radio come ur own place...I have lived in calabar,warri and owerri..I never see Hausa man wey buy land build house for east and even in d south south region as well...I no dey against any tribe..if all other tribes leave tribal sentiments like the ibo business men..Naija for Don grow pass like dis...kiosk wey na only am dey sell.

This is the best comment and my biggest criticism of the igbo man.

It’s almost as if igbos quickly forgot about the lessons of the civil war and rushed to repeat the same mistakes.

How can you be spending your hard earned money, your sweat and blood and be developing another mans land when those who are preaching one Nigeria to you don’t do the same.

But I think finally, the igbos of my generation are beginning to change. A lot of them are beginning to see the mistakes and are correcting it massively.

The real estate boom happing in the East is a result of this. It started in 2011 and since then more investment have been coming back to the East by patriotic sons and daughters.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
BSMS:
What if they are hostile

I think you mean what if Nigerians are hostile because knowing how Nigerians are, they will be. Igbos are all over Africa doing business.

One of the biggest importers of goods in Angola is an igbo man.

So igbos are already multinational players and they know how to abide by rules.

The concern is will Nigerians who are angry that igbos left them be civilized enough no to purge the igbos.

Mind you this will have serious international consequences against Nigeria.

It’s easier for Nigeria to do those things against igbos if igbos are still Nigerian citizens but hard to do if they are independent Nation.

That will send a very bad signal for the rest of the world business community to never invest in the remaining Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
horsepower102:

This is the best comment and my biggest criticism of the igbo man.

It’s almost as if igbos quickly forgot about the lessons of the civil war and rushed to repeat the same mistakes.

How can you be spending your hard earned money, your sweat and blood and be developing another mans land when those who are preaching one Nigeria to you don’t do the same.

But I think finally, the igbos of my generation are beginning to change. A lot of them are beginning to see the mistakes and are correcting it massively.

The real estate boom happing in the East is a result of this. It started in 2011 and since then more investment have been coming back to the East by patriotic sons and daughters.

To me we igbos need to decide once and for all what we want and go all out. Not focusing on both.

To me to a large extent a united, peaceful, progressive and without injustice filled Nigeria would favour us.

Our plan shouldnt be how to isolate ourselves to the east, though to me if our people can be based in the east while they own assets outside Igbo land is much more reasonable than not having any outside for some sentimental reason
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Horsepower102 I saw ur thread on Igbo land boundary. To me I would like to discuss that with u. I got a solution to that long time ago.

That would benefit us.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
slimfit1:
Odua Republic won't work with Arewa never. If Biafra happens Oduduwa follows.

Igbos staying in Nigeria is the only reason most other tribes are comfortable to stay. Igbos provide a shield for so many. That is why whenever igbos starts to seriously agitate, the rest also starts saying the will also leave if igbos leave.

But notice that they will never on their own push for secession. They are only waiting to react based on what igbos want to do.

The idea of igbos leaving Nigeria scares so many Nigerians and puts them in a panic mode. Unfortunately, most of them respond with hatred and anger towards the igbos instead of addressing the issues igbos have been complaining of for years that is leading to the agitation.

Nigeria is full of so many cowards. I have to say the bitter truth.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coldie:

To me we igbos need to decide once and for all what we want and go all out. Not focusing on both.

To me to a large extent a united, peaceful, progressive and without injustice filled Nigeria would favour us.

Our plan shouldnt be how to isolate ourselves to the east, though to me if our people can be based in the east while they own assets outside Igbo land is much more reasonable than not having any outside for some sentimental reason

In today’s age 2020, igbos are not confined to Nigeria as some people think. Igbos have gone continental. The richest man in my family made all his money in Ivory Coast.

I had a family friend who made his wealth from Gabon. There are so many other African and non-African countries that igbos have massively established their business.

When one door closes, another will open. Igbos know how to go through pain at the time of hardship and they always come back stronger.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coldie:
Horsepower102 I saw ur thread on Igbo land boundary. To me I would like to discuss that with u. I got a solution to that long time ago.

That would benefit us.

I am always open for civil discussions. My concern was that the south east map was an unjust map and the cut out our people and added them to alien communities who today deny that our people even exist on their land.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
horsepower102:

In today’s age 2020, igbos are not confined to Nigeria as some people think. Igbos have gone continental. The richest man in my family made all his money in Ivory Coast.

I had a family friend who made his wealth from Gabon. There are so many other African and non-African countries that igbos have massively established their business.

When one door closes, another will open. Igbos know how to go through pain at the time of hardship and they always come back stronger.
Whether we make in anywhere, every market is an added advantage.

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
horsepower102:

I am always open for civil discussions. My concern was that the south east map was an unjust map and the cut out our people and added them to alien communities who today deny that our people done exist on their land.
Thats a win win situation for us.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coldie:

Whether we make in anywhere, every market is an added advantage.

Of course every market is important but not by risking the survival of our future generations. The unborn generation is my biggest concern. I don’t want them to suffer the same things we are suffering today in Nigeria.

Our current generation have to be brave to make tough choices for the sake of the future.

Nigeria is going in a very bad direction as a country.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by darlingbobo(m): 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Just close your mouth there. Because you get cheap data that's why you're here writing rubbish.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by MasterKernel: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
donbachi:

Ordinarily, I just wanted to read-only, till I crossed your path. Let me teach you something you don't know, or... You deceitfully downplayed it.

An average property owner in Lagos, makes his/her money within 10-15 years of development, with the property highly appreciated by then. The rest is profits.

Hardly see Igbos that own property in Lagos, without one in the East. Capital flights kills any economy, the man who's building in Lagos is busy sending the proceeds down East building a Castel, no region has more developed rural communities like the East.

In the case of secession, they won't be capital and manpower flights, because companies are owned by locals, in fact we will have massive direct foreign investment by our own people returning.

7 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by tatatar: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coldie:
[s]The kind of atrocities Fulani's have commited all over Nigeria. From time immemorial if igbos that are also travellers commuted these atrocities, by now one kind genocide would have happened. And Nigerians would justify it.
[/s]
Keep quiet!
Atrocities like the uncountable number of people you guys have killed with fake drugs alone
Nigeria is just tolerating you lots.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by poiZon: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
BSMS:
(001)
DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

(1) How many Igbos live or work in Kano State?
(2) How many Igbos live or work in Abuja?
(3) How man Igbos live or work in Lagos?
(4) Is it true that more than 20 million Igbos live or work in other parts of Nigeria outside Igboland?
(5) Is it true that there are more Igbo owned businesses outside Igboland than those located in Igboland?
(6) If true, it means Igbos earn more than half their income from economic activities occurring in other parts of Nigeria outside Igboland.

If you don't have the above information, how can you honestly and realistically plan for secession or for Biafra?

If as a result of secession millions of Igbos are to relocate back to Igboland, what plans do you have to provide them employment and settle them in Igboland?

The funny thing about ipob is that they never think about these things. They just emote.

One thing they forgot was that by the time Ojujwu declared Biafra in 1967, all Igbos in Nigeria had been forced back to Igboland. If millions of Igbos were freely doing their business in Kano and Lagos, Ojukwu would not have attempted a secession.

You need to consider the 20 million Igbos scattered all over Nigeria outside Igboland. If you were them, would you abandon your successful businessrs in Kano and Lagos and return to Igboland to fight over land with your village people?

Those 20 million Igbos are richer than those in Igboland. When referendum comes, they will vote against break-up and they will use their influence to get their brothers at home to vote against it. So, I can predict with certainty that the referendum will fail woefully.

The Igbos are like eagles. They need a vast space to soar wide and far. Igbos don't need to be confined within a tight space. They are free spirits. For the Igbos, there should be no national boundaries. The Igbos need a borderless world, without national boundaries.

We just need to give them an enabling environment, a levelplaying field, a system where reward will be based on merit and hard work, justice and equity and fair play. What the Igbos want is a fair play, not a border. We are free people. The whole world bu nke anyi. Africa should have been like India or China - just one country.

Now, let's debate. No insults.
Debate on what no vex o.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Storms Redeem Church In Ikeja, Locks It Down For Disobedience / Divide Nigeria Now, No Angel Can Unite Us – Northern Elder: Arewa Gazette / Dickson Opens Constituency Office In Sagbama, Assures Constituents Of Direct Acc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.