Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Difficulties Renewing An International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Difficulties Renewing An International Passport (651 Views)

Renewing Nigerian Passport In The US (NY Office) / Life in Beijing As an International Student. / Renewing An International Passport - How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by wizzie001(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good day nairalanders, permit me to post here to get timely and accurate solution to the issues at hand.

My wife's passport is going to expire next month, it is during the course of renewal that she got to know that the year of birth on her passport contradict that of her National Identification number (NIN).

The problem started years back when she was going to travel, her dad was the one who facilitated the passport, he filled in 1989 instead of 1990. All her certificates hitherto, right from elementary school carries the latter, same as the NIN.

Now, i've made contact in several State passport offices to fasttrack this procedure all to no avail, i was told it can only be done in Abuja office and should budget about 200k for the process.

Has anyone been in this dicey situation, how were you able to resolve it? I will appreciate all response & assistance i can get regarding this.

Its quite an urgent situation please.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by somito121(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
To be frank with you, the correction can only be done at abuja(immigration headquarter). Though it will cost you lower than the estimated amount.
Thank you.
Note: That's the only way.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by Romanoff(f): 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
200k is a lot. They have a NIMC centre at the immigration office in Abuja that it can be corrected. You'll drop money for any of the agents but e no spos pass 50k.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by MadamExcellency: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2023
It's easier to correct the date of birth in the NIN to correspond to the that of International passport.

But Nigerians should stop all these nonsense football ages.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by wizzie001(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2023
somito121:
To be frank with you, the correction can only be done at abuja(immigration headquarter). Though it will cost you lower than the estimated amount.
Thank you.
Note: That's the only way.

Sigh!
Do you have any contact there i can reach out to or you work there?
I'd like to know what she needs to come with and how long it takes.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by wizzie001(m): 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2023
Romanoff:
200k is a lot. They have a NIMC centre at the immigration office in Abuja that it can be corrected. You'll drop money for any of the agents but e no spos pass 50k.

The year on the NIN is the actual year she was born, she is only trying to change that on the passport to that of the NIN, which can only be done at the immigration office.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by wizzie001(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
MadamExcellency:
It's easier to correct the date of birth in the NIN to correspond to the that of International passport.

But Nigerians should stop all these nonsense football ages.

All her documents carries that of the NIN.
It has nothing to do with football age sincerely, it was just a mistake we are already paying for now.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by Romanoff(f): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
wizzie001:

The year on the NIN is the actual year she was born, she is only trying to change that on the passport to that of the NIN, which can only be done at the immigration office.

Yes. But even at that, e no spos pass 50k.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by MadamExcellency: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
wizzie001:

You mean the parents don't know her actual date of birth? That the documents bear 1990 is not a testament for confirmation. It's more difficult to change the one on her international passport than the one contained in her NIN.

Imagine trying to change your football age in England.
Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by UniqueChris: 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
Abuja remains the only place both corrections can be done though these errors is quite different as In NIN and passport, I had both challenges, hv effected the change last month, still awaiting my passport to be issued.
send me mail at chrismedimoore14@gmail.com.

2 Likes

Re: Difficulties Renewing An International Passport by wizzie001(m): 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
MadamExcellency:

You mean the parents don't know her actual date of birth? That the documents bear 1990 is not a testament for confirmation. It's more difficult to change the one on her international passport than the one contained in her NIN.

Imagine trying to change your football age in England.

Hence the only place where it could be rectified is Abuja immigration office.

I dont know about you, but i can tell you categorically that there are some of us that our father doesnt know our date of birth by heart. I'm in my late thirties, my father hasnt called me once to wish me happy birthday, not because he wouldnt want to, but because he doesnt even know. Thats why mothers are always celebrated.

I dont have to convince you, but the truth is that it was committed in error.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Friends That Have Travelled Abroad / Holidaying Abroad In West Africa / Uk And South Africa Visa Within A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.