Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians (5164 Views)

Edo: I Will Not Support What’s Not Fair, Just – Obaseki On Deputy’s Ambition / Buhari Was Not Attacked In Kano – Tinubu Blasts PDP / Bola Tinubu In Ibadan For Meeting With South-West Muslim Leaders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Oluwabash(m): 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
...promises to tackle nation’s problems

All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has assured Muslim leaders in the country that he will offer fair and just leadership to all Nigerians if elected president.

Tinubu gave the assurance in a town hall meeting with Muslim leaders from the North West geopolitical zone in Kano on Tuesday.

The APC candidate urged the religious leaders to ensure that they preach unity and harmony among their followers rather than division and disunity, saying that is the only way the nation could experience development.

He said: “Religious leaders like you are agents of harmony and hope, not division and disunity. All well-meaning Nigerians, regardless of political affiliation, must join hands against violence, hunger, ignorance and bigotry.

“We all must live together. No one has the right to try to lord over the other. Allah stands against such injustice. And where Allah stands, all bad things must fall. Mean-spirited politicians – those thinking only of themselves or those who think they mean more than the nation itself - will go to great lengths to deceive or recruit eminent persons to unknowingly preach division and hatred.

“They cannot win with the truth. So, they will try to win with a lie. But a lie never wins in the end. Those they cannot beat with honesty, they seek to beat them with untruth and falsity. They want to turn servants of God into preachers of division and hateful sentiment.”

Speaking further, Tinubu told the Muslim leaders that he had demonstrated a sense of unity and oneness in all his campaigns and would continue to do so.

Tinubu pledged to conduct himself in public office on the values and ideals of fairness and justice, adding that he would always speak about facts and truths, policies and programs.

On expectations from him if elected president, he reminded the faith leaders of his record as Lagos State governor.

Tinubu said: “I promise to be a fair and just leader. This pledge is based on the Islamic teachings on leadership. A leader in a plural society is enjoined to be a leader for all. If elected, I shall govern in harmony with our nation’s democratic Constitution.

“More than that. I shall tackle this nation’s problems with a commitment to solving them. I say this not as a boast. I say it based on my record. As Lagos governor, I assembled perhaps the most diverse team by any state government. That team was based on competence, not tribal this or regional that. It was not based on the attire one wore or the accent one spoke with, but on the quality of one’s ideas and contributions to society.

“If given the chance by Almighty Allah, I will operate in the same spirit of inclusiveness and innovation in order to renew the hope of our people. My highest priorities shall be the protection of our land and prosperity of its people.”

He further dwelt on his plans for the economy, promising to make security, making the economy one of widely shared prosperity and agriculture the three pillars of his government.

"Regarding security, my policy is not an artificial created to sound good for this campaign. My security policy is based on dedicated study and long conversations with experts in this field. This is the same approach I used to tackle the bad security situation that faced me when I became governor of Lagos. I created programs and institutions to solve the real and dangerous challenges Lagos faced," he said.

“We shall increase security personnel and better equip them. Advanced air and ground surveillance technology will identify, track and attack the criminals until they are utterly defeated. As we fight terror and crime, we shall also attack poverty, hunger and the despair they cause, ” he added.

On the economy, he said:

"My plan is to turn this economy into a more robust and broad economy where those who want work can find a good job. We will revive the manufacturing and textile sectors in Kano and elsewhere by reforming tax and import policies to create jobs for our people. These policies will also produce the goods and services that improve the daily lives of the average person.

“We all should find it unacceptable that Kano is no longer the manufacturing hub it once was. My policies will do more than revive it. It will expand it beyond what it once was to make it what it should be.

“As I said during the commissioning of the Kolmani oil wells, we will invest in that project and indeed all vital infrastructural projects such as the Mambilla Power Project, the AKK gas pipeline projects. We shall revive our inland waterways through the dredging of the River Niger and make sure we cut down on our steel import bill by making the Ajaokuta Steel Company work.”

He added, “Regarding agriculture, we will increase food security through enhanced productivity and improved farm incomes. Farming will be adequately returned to its prominent position. To strengthen our social fabric and guarantee the future, massive investment in education will ensure that we nourish and guide our youth toward better lives.”

The APC standard-bearer also promised to provide a lasting solution to the almajiri challenge by appointing a special commission to work towards that. This he said is expedient because “every child has the right to an education. It is a social wrong to see them roam the streets or drop out due to poverty."

Jigawa and Kano state governors Muhammad Badaru Abubakar and Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, respectively, described Asiwaju Tinubu as a visionary person who is trustworthy.

Badaru also stated that Tinubu is physically and mentally healthy, contrary to mischievous insinuations.

"People spread fake news about his health status. We that are with him know that he is very healthy. Aside bodily health, he has very high mental alertness," he said.

The Jigawa governor recounted how he joined Tinubu on a recent trip to London and Saudi Arabia where they had the stressful lesser hajj ritual and came back to Nigeria without having any rest.

He said Asiwaju "has deep respect for our people and we have found in him a dependable friend who will not shame us, by the grace of God".

Ganduje said religious leaders have a role to play in choosing political leadership in the light of their role as guardians of the society.

"As people who are after the wellbeing of the society, you have every reason to be interested in who leads the people to greater prosperity," he said.

He added that Tinubu had over the years demonstrated that he is a fair leader who is not driven by ethnic sentiments.

Some Muslim leaders who spoke at the occasion including Ustaz Aminu Aliyu Gusau, Sheikh Dr Khalid Aliyu Abubakar, Malam Tijani Imam Kano, among others declared support for Tinubu.

Tinubu Media Office,
Tunde Rahman,
03 January, 2023.
https://insidekaduna.com/in-kano-tinubu-assures-muslim-leaders-of-fair-just-leadership-to-all-nigerians/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
BAT's assurances to the North usually falls on deaf ears. They know he's only coming to Kano coz of election
But they will collect his money and vote Atiku

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by PrinceOfLagos: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
This northerners now see Tinubu as ATM machine that dispenses money just by singing his "Fake" praises

And after they get enough money from Tinubu, they decamp to another party.

I hope Tinubu will accept his defeat in good fate in February because Dem don too chop him money grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Moh247: 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
Talk to the people

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by yomi961: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
Muslim Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by yomi961: 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2023
A Yoruba adage warns that the sweet food in your mouth should not make you forget the bitterness of hunger. Now the politicians are giving you 2000 Naira, some giving you some cups of rice so you can lose your precious future, your PVC. Hmmm! How many times did they give you seven years ago while your were crying around? Use your brain. Don't allow them deceive you and kill you later. Don't vote Tinubu. He is a big thief. He is not honest and above all he is old and sick. His party APC has caged Nigeria. Don't vote Atiku, his party has not made life easier.
Vote a new party that you believe will do something different. Let your vote speak your heart, your conscience. Even if the candidate doesn't win, you will be happy you have followed your conscience and done what is right. Stand on your feet and don't allow their noise carry you away. This is the time to save Nigeria. Vote right, choose right. Election is for mature people, not gullible adults.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Zandena(f): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Honestly speaking, today's event at Amani event centre Kano was a tremendous success and i believe with the sentiments expressed by major Islamic scholars across all the devides including Tijjaniyya, Qadiriyya, Izala etc, this election is going to be a walk over for APC.
The way and manner Christian community are going about 2023 polls is boosting the APC chances the more. Christians should not see it as a religious thing but should approach it based on competence and capacity of their choiced candidates. Otherwise Muslim North would vote massively for BAT.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by JoeNL22(m): 2:22am On Jan 04, 2023
Don't look at this picture below. It would make your day

4 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by ATLIEN2027: 2:23am On Jan 04, 2023
Yes.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by princeryle1: 2:24am On Jan 04, 2023
Ride on

8 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks for the assurance Mr. President

Same message should be extended to a christian leaders also

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Larryhoover(m): 2:24am On Jan 04, 2023
Though I have reservations for Tinubu on health grounds and tendency to hold on to power in proxy after leaving office. But to be fair to him, he understands Nigeria politics like the back of his palm. Honestly, he knows how to play the political cards.

9 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Vixlot: 2:25am On Jan 04, 2023
Once again, Thank you all supporters and Endorsers of Peter Obi.

God will bless you richly

Supporting Peter Obi is a job that must be done and upheld till February 25, so that he will not drop out of the race.

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by TakeNigeriaBack: 2:25am On Jan 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
BAT's assurances to the North usually falls on deaf ears. They know he's only coming to Kano coz of election

Olodo. BAT that has had decades of relationship in the North. You're confusing him with peteru obituary who only remembers North when he wants to deport Northerners or when he wants votes.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by jamace(m): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Mercisharelove(f): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2023
Ays

1 Like

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by otikpoko(m): 2:27am On Jan 04, 2023
For sale
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by JoeNL22(m): 2:28am On Jan 04, 2023
Spread the word.
For with Tinubu, an old Nigeria is Possible.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by MiaBeer(m): 2:30am On Jan 04, 2023
shocked
Who played the role of father of the bride during the marriage of one of Buhari’s daughters? Not Tinubu but Atiku Abubakar. Anyone who think Tinubu will defeat Atiku in the entire north is daydreaming. One thing Atiku and Obi have in common is their covert ground games and why BAT won’t know what hit him until when election results start to come in.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by WorldprayerFell: 2:33am On Jan 04, 2023
Ok, we need God to teach us how to vote right this time.

Here are God's promises for you and your family that every one that wants to start this year with prayers must claim now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsUblF2Kb5Y
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by tobenuel(m): 2:33am On Jan 04, 2023
Lip service
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 04, 2023
What is fair about Nigeria? Pls stop the lies
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by shugamummy: 2:38am On Jan 04, 2023
Read your statement backwards and see why they term every supporter of APC and Tinubu as possessing coconut head. Just read backwards

Zandena:
Honestly speaking, today's event at Amani event centre Kano was a tremendous success and i believe with the sentiments expressed by major Islamic scholars across all the devides including Tijjaniyya, Qadiriyya, Izala etc, this election is going to be a walk over for APC.
The way and manner Christian community are going about 2023 polls is boosting the APC chances the more. Christians should not see it as a religious thing but should approach it based on competence and capacity of their choiced candidates. Otherwise Muslim North would vote massively for BAT.
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by socialmediaman: 2:38am On Jan 04, 2023
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by shugamummy: 2:42am On Jan 04, 2023
So after reading his response about how to tackle security you are very certain he will introduce the Agbero system in Lagos at Kano. Why didn't the current APC leadership consult these experts he said he will consult? By the way one of the experts is Shettima

Larryhoover:
Though I have reservations for Tinubu on health grounds and tendency to hold on to power in proxy after leaving office. But to be fair to him, he understands Nigeria politics like the back of his palm. Honestly, he knows how to play the political cards.
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by herkeem: 2:45am On Jan 04, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Larryhoover(m): 2:50am On Jan 04, 2023
shugamummy:
So after reading his response about how to tackle security you are very certain he will introduce the Agbero system in Lagos at Kano. Why didn't the current APC leadership consult these experts he said he will consult? By the way one of the experts is Shettima

Well, the hard truth is that all what you have been hearing from any politician now are all fallacy and hoax. All they are saying now is to cajole people to win elections either good or bad and I can bet you once they emerge, they would shift post. So, you holding on to what Tinubu said in campaigns is like expecting a white elephant project. Learning from 2015 emotional promises and campaigns and where it led us to, I can say it categorically, they are all projecting and only the winner would understand what they are up against after winning elections. So winning elections and governance are 2 separate things.

Go and check in the history of Nigeria politics, how many presidents or head of states have been able to fulfill all their promises?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Brendaniel: 3:04am On Jan 04, 2023
scam
Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Laple0541(m): 3:09am On Jan 04, 2023
Tinubu the political genius.

God will surely crown your efforts with success. You are the only candidate who is unbiased to every tribes and the major religious sects in the country, you exhibited this as a governor and as a party leader. In your leadership we trust and on your mandate we stand.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Ikechukwu Tinubu. The husband to all flàtrons.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 04, 2023
Tinubu's words are not unlike the words of African Elders that are naturally laced with wisdom? His choice of words are without equal.

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Jones4190(m): 5:09am On Jan 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

are you now there spoke man?

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Tinubu Assures Muslim Leaders Of Fair, Just Leadership To All Nigerians by Jones4190(m): 5:11am On Jan 04, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
This northerners now see Tinubu as ATM machine that dispenses money just by singing his "Fake" praises

And after they get enough money from Tinubu, they decamp to another party.

I hope Tinubu will accept his defeat in good fate in February because Dem don too chop him money grin
I expect you to says we northerners know see tinubu as ATM machine, they are more billionaires in Kano that the whole of eastern part of Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mahmood Yakubu: INEC Has No Candidate In Elections / Why Peter Obi Lawyers Are Very Smart / Transformation Of Nigerian Railways: Mid-term Progress Report (With Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.