Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture (22945 Views)

The Account People Make Donations Has Been Hijacked By Jazmine - Mr Ibu's Wife / Osun Election: The Moment Davido Stormed His Hometown Sitting On Top Of A Car / Davido & Chioma Arrive Her Hometown Owerri: 'Club Go Turn Traditional Wedding' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 8:10am On Jan 05, 2023
tyinfinity:
This barbaric OSU tribe is gradually civilized due to their mass exodus to Tinubu's Lagos.Thanks to Asiwaju for accommodating tthem in his domain
Igbos have been in Lagos since the 17th century

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by HITsquad: 8:11am On Jan 05, 2023
Lol i knew it, I knew that chieftaincy title was only a stunt for her feminism.

she is a great woman who has already achieved more than any man in her community... She has everyone's respect in her community and around the world. But going for men's traditional title was a huge turn off for me.
What happened to promoting the already existing female titleship in Igbo land? Lol dear feminists... You don't have to pee standing like a man to be really great.
You see that everywhere, in sports(female referees in men tournaments) in the entertainment, in politics and now in tradition?

Lol...

I got an idea my dear equality warriors and feminists: instead of trying way too hard to switch from y'all lane to men's lane... Why not use that same energy to make yall own lane so great that even men would start to envy?

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by billyG(m): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2023
Congratulations Chief Chimamanda,I hope you are bringing development to your community interns of education,healthcare & women & youths empowerment.
You have the capacity, resources and leverage to do that.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Bluntemperor: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2023
madjune:
This funny girl.
Being a known writer does not equal chiefdom.
It's sad but this can only happen in Iboland. I'm ibo, though.
She's earned her dues alright so far as the written word goes but, what societal building values does she espouse?
Adichie is anti family.
This girl believes in same sex marriage, hates the Vatican and much more.
The traditional family unit as created by God made up of the man and woman is central to the basic Ibo family as the primary bulwark upon which the progressive society rests.
So, the traditional ibo family units made up of normal man heads and women mothers came together and gave her a chieftaincy title?
A lot of people are blind in present times, really.

Congratulations to her, anyway,for taking her Village Chieftaincy titles but rejected a Nigeria National Title is what is still not clear!
Since she is an American by adoption but Nigeria by root is welcomed.
We missed the Virtues of the Prof.Akinyuli,the Gani Fawehinmi,the Justice Oputas,the Agudas,etc.
Patrotism,Love and Accomodation of others and brutal Truth to Ourselves should be acceptable to all Nigerians as Panacea for Peaceful co-existence in our Country!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Alusiizizi(m): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2023
onthehill:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has advocated for a culture that celebrates men and women alike, IGBERETV reports.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State, and given the title of "Odeluwa" said this on Instagram while sharing a video from her conferment ceremony.

She wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm_88ehossM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I asked this once and I'm going to ask again. When did women start receiving chieftancy titles in my state? Nonsense and foolery if you ask me, I see nothing to celebrate here, just the bastardization of a fine tradition is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Tim1212(m): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2023
This woman is confused, she was just recognized as a good writer not a chieftaincy title.

She has deceived so many girls claiming useless feminist. Making them unmarried while she is married and comes from a rich family.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Moodle: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

The only tribe that gives women power in Africa

2023? And she is the first female chief?

And you call it the only tribe that gives women power in Africa,

You people are so foolish with your empty chest beating as usual.

Since pre-colonial era, yorubas have female chiefs...
Iyalode, iyaloja etc

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 05, 2023
Moodle:

And you call it the only tribe that gives women power in Africa

You people are so foolish with your empty chest beating as usual
Read books
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Iykoto86(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

Some backwerd tribes in nigeria will not see this.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Moodle: 8:24am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
Read books

You read books.

And you call it the only tribe that gives women power in Africa?

Since pre-colonial, yorubas have female chiefs...
Iyalode, iyaloja etc

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by GreatrAnalyst: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2023
...because you are successful.

Success breaks rules
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Moodle: 8:28am On Jan 05, 2023
Tim1212:
This woman is confused, she was just recognized as a good writer not a chieftaincy title.

She has deceived so many girls claiming useless feminist. Making them unmarried while she is married and comes from a rich family.

She even married a whiteman....her oppressor, the same people she condemned in her books

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by oluwaseyi0: 8:31am On Jan 05, 2023
Skyfornia:
Nice one.. I will believe all these equalities the moment women start going to man's village to seek his hand in marriage with her people and paying groom price.

That's already been done in India yet they have one of the highest female gender abuse
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by CSTRR: 8:31am On Jan 05, 2023
Look at the way she is rejoicing over a chieftaincy title because she values it.

This is a woman that has consistently rejected national honours from the federal government.

I don't blame her.
Nobody expects her to share the same honours with thieves and criminals.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by CSTRR: 8:33am On Jan 05, 2023
Moodle:

She even married a whiteman....her oppressor, the same people she condemned in her books
I guess her husband, Ivara Esege from Crossriver state has become a white man.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by CSTRR: 8:37am On Jan 05, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Congratulations to her, anyway,for taking her Village Chieftaincy titles but rejected a Nigeria National Title is what is still not clear!
Since she is an American by adoption but Nigeria by root is welcomed.
We missed the Virtues of the Prof.Akinyuli,the Gani Fawehinmi,the Justice Oputas,the Agudas,etc.
Patrotism,Love and Accomodation of others and brutal Truth to Ourselves should be acceptable to all Nigerians as Panacea for Peaceful co-existence in our Country!
Mele Kyari got national honours from Buhari, days after extensive pipelines looting our crude oil from the Niger delta was discovered.

It was like adding insult to injury.

Under mele Kyari, Nigeria has exported its record lowest crude since 1999, majorly due to oil theft.

So you expect someone like chimamanda to share the same podium with mele Kyari and collect the same honours with that crooked incompetent.?

You go wait Taya.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2023
Moodle:

You read books.

And you call it the only tribe that gives women power in Africa?

Since pre-colonial, yorubas have female chiefs...
Iyalode, iyaloja etc
read books
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by samtress: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2023
BaddestQueen:
Yoruba Muslims are originally from Mali and not real Yorubas.

But due to the accommodating nature of the original Yorubas, they invaded yoruba land and start oppressing real Yorubas religiously and politically.
they always blackmail real Yorubas emotionally and otherwise.
they're gradually spreading and if any real yoruba talk he'll be hushed and be called either bastard or omo ale.
they resoundingly rejected Osibanjo and ridiculed him to the highest but expecting real Yorubas to support their criminal Tinubu.
but thank God real Yorubas are waking up from their slumber and putting these invaders into their rightful place.

God bless real Yorubas
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
hahahahaha
You need to start a stand up comedy stint �
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by isan(m): 8:41am On Jan 05, 2023
what were they doing when yorubas was installing kings and chiefs in? every part of lagos undecided
tishbite42:

Igbos have been in Lagos since the 17th century
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by brandsoncharlie: 8:44am On Jan 05, 2023
Abi1985:
Great , build a school or a clinic for your hometown. Do something tangible for your people, even na borehole u build u try. Nigeria celebrities are only known for twitter beef or annoying motivation speech or x-rated activities. While other African celebrities are known for building school, clinics or creating job opportunities for their countrymen
No mind them na so so talk.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:47am On Jan 05, 2023
I think it’s high time I receive another title in my community. Akuego nkiti onaoyoko oyonyo 1 of Akili Ozizor.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tunjilana: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

we've had female chiefs in yorubaland as far back as time itself, our women also inherit their father's properties and are allowed to sit in family meetings in their father's house even when married. We also dont sell our women and our daughters are encouraged to work and become key stakeholders in their husband house. we no dey use money block their growth neither do we tell them not to hustle like us.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Johel(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2023
onthehill:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has advocated for a culture that celebrates men and women alike, IGBERETV reports.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State, and given the title of "Odeluwa" said this on Instagram while sharing a video from her conferment ceremony.

She wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm_88ehossM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"People make culture"

This is the reason why I don't value culture and I hate traditions...human beings are evil.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by g4gerald: 8:52am On Jan 05, 2023
Odingo1:
Igbos had been making women Chief like Iyom or Odu, she should made find out however the coronation is not the same format with male chieftaincy.
She said in her hometown, not in Igbo land generally
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by RealTalkNoBull: 8:53am On Jan 05, 2023
Chief Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is greater than Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by RealTalkNoBull: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

ROFLMAOOOO Why are you people so full of self deceit?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by 2023NaijaVoter: 8:59am On Jan 05, 2023
Abi1985:
Great , build a school or a clinic for your hometown. Do something tangible for your people, even na borehole u build u try.

Great ideas but that may prove very difficult with her being a permanent resident of Yankee.
I'll take back my words if she accomplishes any meaningful projects for the ppl in her native village.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Welrez(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2023
This is why I celebrate my Ijaw culture despite its obvious flaws. A woman can attain any level in society, and she has to be buried with her people upon death. A man's paternal home is his home, but his roots lie in his matrimonial home. Many congratulations to her on the feat�
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by 43Ronin: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
This is utter abuse of culture. They should make her eze ndiigbo na. This hoe with yeast infestation has single handedly destroyed many girls with her feminist propaganda. I know like 3 she has tuned to evening news paper in Nairaland .
One of my tenants who always likes listening to her is single till date. Last December she went to Shiloh and brought me one useless anointing oil. For my mind I say use the oil anoint your brain and dry kpekus
Comrade the sad part is that while they were championing chima Amanda, she came out to denounce Nigerian feminist

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Tim1212(m): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2023
Moodle:

She's so confused
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
what were they doing when yorubas was installing kings and chiefs in? every part of lagos undecided
They know their place. They're not abogrinals. We're not land grabbers.
Go and read about Oyingbo(onye Igbo).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Julius Agwu With Chimamanda Adichie At A Cocktail Party In Lagos / Rukky Sanda Celebrates 33rd Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Irene Onwuka Shares Food In Villages For Ending Street Hunger Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.