Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture (22973 Views)

The Account People Make Donations Has Been Hijacked By Jazmine - Mr Ibu's Wife / Osun Election: The Moment Davido Stormed His Hometown Sitting On Top Of A Car / Davido & Chioma Arrive Her Hometown Owerri: 'Club Go Turn Traditional Wedding' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Denoh68: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:

Lol,
Funmilayo ransom kuti says hi

Iyalode of Ibadan says hi

All the over 5 female kings (that I know myself) in Ondo state only (not to talk of Ekiti and others) says hi

Lemme stop there, I SMH for you
OGA, MAKE WE HEAR WORD BIKO, ALLOW PEOPLE MAKE THEY CELEBRATE THEIR OWN TOO. HABA, WHICH KIND ENVY AND COMPARISON BE THIS BIKONU
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Denoh68: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
ecolime:

God, let me or my loved ones not be dumb like this uncle. This is my prayer this morning, AMEN.
YORUBA AND FOOLISHNESS BE LIKE 5 N 6,THEY ARE TOO BIASED AND MYOPIC FOR MY LIKING. ALWAYS FEELING LEFT BEHIND. UNDERSOPHISTICATED TRIBE.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by aariwa(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
“People make culture “ I guess Yul Edochie had promoted the culture of his hometown by adding another wife
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Denoh68: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
WATSERNERS WILL COME HERE AND SPEW TRASH, IGBO CULTURE IS THIS AnD THAT. SOME OF THEM HAVE NEVER TRAVELLED TO ONITSHA SINCE THEY WERE BORN. IN AROCHUKWU WHERE I COME FROM WOMEN WHO DESERVE TITLES ARE GIVEN FREELY. BUT THAT DOESN'T GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO COMPETE WITH OUR MEN
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

The only tribe that gives women power in Africa

That's right o. But the women may not have the right of inheritance, sold like goats to their husbands and are made to drink the water obtained from washing the corpses of their husbands with their head scraped with blunted razor! What an empowerment!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Odingo1: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
g4gerald:

She said in her hometown, not in Igbo land generally
Is the same in her hometown, her village must have Odu or Iyom female chieftains. Igboland all villages have female chiefs.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Odingo1: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
descarado:

What is it then?

Odu or Iyom are the name of female Chief in Igboland.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Odingo1: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
There is nothing Chief in Igboland, is modern invention when the British installed warrant chiefs in indirect rule. What we have in Igboland is Ichie or Ozo title for men and Odu or Iyom title for women.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Timmi: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
onthehill:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has advocated for a culture that celebrates men and women alike, IGBERETV reports.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State, and given the title of "Odeluwa" said this on Instagram while sharing a video from her conferment ceremony.

She wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm_88ehossM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is a travesty and abomination. Surprised that an educated person that is promoting her people’s culture will covet and accept the chieftaincy title
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Judolisco(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
ezenwajosh:
That is Igbo for you

The only tribe that gives women power in Africa
oga there are female regent in Yoruba land.... Ekiti and ondo to be precise

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
KillerBeauty:

Is building schools a job for our celebrities or a job for our elected government? We should be holding our government local state and federal accountable.
Charity begins at home
even when the local or state government are irresponsible or responsible, nothing is stopping Celebrities from do something small for their village or hometown e.g buying school books for the less fortunate kids.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by isan(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
shut up , igbo have no history
tishbite42:

Go and read your History
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
shut up , igbo have no history
Lol
Read Afonja history then
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by isan(m): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
have you ever seen igbo history movie in the cinema or Netflix ? like 100% igbo ?
igbo cast
100% igbo language
the location set in igboland
igbo title

yoruba has produced the like of this movies in yoruba language and break records in cinema in 2022

AGESINKOLE
ELESIN OBA
ANIKULAPO

tishbite42:

Lol
Read Afonja history then
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by jnrbayano(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
My lovely sister
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
have you ever seen igbo history movie in the cinema or Netflix ? like 100% igbo ?
igbo cast
100% igbo language
the location set in igboland
igbo title

yoruba has produced the like of this movies in yoruba language and break records in cinema in 2022

AGESINKOLE
ELESIN OBA
ANIKULAPO

Go and read about Kenneth Dike, J Anene, JF Ade-Ajayi, Biobaku
I don't have time for infantile arguments
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Topshow2010(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
BaddestQueen:
Yoruba Muslims are originally from Mali and not real Yorubas.

But due to the accommodating nature of the original Yorubas, they invaded yoruba land and start oppressing real Yorubas religiously and politically.
they always blackmail real Yorubas emotionally and otherwise.
they're gradually spreading and if any real yoruba talk he'll be hushed and be called either bastard or omo ale.
they resoundingly rejected Osibanjo and ridiculed him to the highest but expecting real Yorubas to support their criminal Tinubu.
but thank God real Yorubas are waking up from their slumber and putting these invaders into their rightful place.

God bless real Yorubas
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
hahahahaha

Someone like won't cease to amaze me with ur warped mindsets .... Anyway for ur information there is nothing like yoruba Moslem in Yoruba land. We Omoluabis are not religious freak , in our family we could have members who are practising d 3 major religion s without rancouring and also coexist in love. The likes of muric or whatever is called is alien to our culture.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by naikeboy(m): 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
Everything on Earth like culture, religion etc are all creations of man
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by madjune(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
EmekaA125:

If you are truly Igbo, you wouldn't have written Igbo as Ibo. Eghu

Illiterate spotted.

Igbo is the written or spoken language.
Ibo is the noun which qualifies the person or thing in context.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by isan(m): 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
U know get sense mention movie that depict your history you dey cap shit
tishbite42:

Go and read about Kenneth Dike, J Anene, JF Ade-Ajayi, Biobaku
I don't have time for infantile arguments
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by ozoono(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
siofra:
A phenomenal and great woman!

She used to be my role model, but now it's Jezebel and Meghan Markle.
Shut up, those women u mentioned never abused or hate any man, if u check they are greatly rich, submissive to their husbands, but you nothing oh, still depends on urgent 5k. Rubbish
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Sylvanusvictor: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
How will you like to make up to 200k_500k monthly...even if you have a 9_5job..
This business model am talking about is Amazon kdp....you earn in dollars and get paid in your local naira currency..

Interested send a message to this number so you can get the training to begin
Whatsapp
I also post few students who got this training and are making it

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
Uchedizzy:
with the way things are going very soon it will start happening

it will definitely happen, Hi
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by odinson1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Happy for her cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We Women will rule this world fr cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You won't live to see that day
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by EmekaA125(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
madjune:

Illiterate spotted.

Igbo is the written or spoken language.
Ibo is the noun which qualifies the person or thing in context.
Shut up there. There's nothing like Ibo. Ibo originated because Yorubas don't have gb in their alphabet. The word Igbo was coined from Ndi gboo(ancient people). Be enlightened. Itiboribo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by adefitim(m): 8:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
A woman of timber and caliber...

God bless your hand work.
Keep making your community, state, Tribe, Nigeria and Africa as whole proud.

I, Omoluabi Is proud of you ma.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by madjune(m): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
EmekaA125:

Shut up there. There's nothing like Ibo. Ibo originated because Yorubas don't have gb in their alphabet. The word Igbo was coined from Ndi gboo(ancient people). Be enlightened. Itiboribo

Learn to use your Google.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by Uchedizzy(f): 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Heathrow44:

it will definitely happen, Hi
hello
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by tishbite42: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
U know get sense mention movie that depict your history you dey cap shit
I don't talk about useless movies
Arguing with you will lower my I.Q.
Go and look for a fellow tout
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by mediclife1987(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
onthehill:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has advocated for a culture that celebrates men and women alike, IGBERETV reports.

The celebrated writer who was recently made a Chief in her hometown, Abba, Anambra State, and given the title of "Odeluwa" said this on Instagram while sharing a video from her conferment ceremony.

She wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm_88ehossM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The only way to be rewarded in Nigeria is to go out of the country and excel, then return back.

Na why some people dey talk sey them go dey pray for Nigeria from beyond.

The day me I escape peren, I don go he that. No coming back meen...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by mediclife1987(m): 11:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
G00DHardDick:
The only women I respect and regard in Nigeria include

Ngozi okonjo Iweala, Chimamanda Adechie, late Dr Akunuyili, among few sensible ones, those women are legend

IPOB spotted cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Am First Female Chief In My Hometown, People Make Culture by descarado: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2023
Odingo1:

Odu or Iyom are the name of female Chief in Igboland.
Iyom is not a female chief. All married women are automatically iyom. Have you ever heard during gathering when women married into a kindred (not daughters) are addressed as ndì iyom kwenu?
Odu is given to outstanding daughters of the soil. They are not chiefs. I will get a picture for you.

This is onitsha daughters who are in otu odu. My husband's aunt is part of that. She isn't a chief.

The second and third pictures are titled women. Can you see their hand fan. You don't use that unless you are a titled woman. Notice their names carved on the fan and their crown. Just like chimamanda.
One of the picture is what ndì iyom looks like.
I used anambra as example. Don't know what's obtainable in other parts of igboland but I assumeits the same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid never disrespected 2baba contrary to the video on twitter / Laura Ikeji Wows In Yellow Bikini / Marriage Is Not For Everybody – Yomi Fabiyi Talks Marriage, Divorce And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.