Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village (12079 Views)

Okowa To Omo-Agege: Deltans Won’t Fall For Your Cheap Lies, Propaganda / 2023: Desist From Campaign Of Calummy - Okowa To Tinubu / Reno Omokri Reacts To Omo-Agege Kneeling To Greet Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by OddsDoc(f): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Against the claim of Deputy President of the Senate and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Delta state, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege that the governor of the state, Ifeanyi Okowa has not constructed any road in the state since he took over the leadership of the state, Okowa said no fewer than 45 road projects have been constructed in his Delta Central Senatorial District by his administration, while four of the projects were constructed in the lawmaker’s village.

Omo-Agege had alleged Okowa that with N4.2 trillion Internally Generated Revenue, IGR and 13 percent derivation in the last seven and half years, the governor has nothing on ground to show for it.

Omo-Agege, also claimed that Okowa, who is touted as ‘Road Master,” uses unknown and substandard contractors in some of the road reconstruction.

The APC governorship candidate also alleged that the governor instead of using the state resources to develop the state has resorted to wasting the state funds for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP presidential campaign.

But the governor has described the Deputy Senate President’s claims as empty lies.

The governor through his Chief Press Secretary. Olisa Ifeajika said that over 2000 kilometers of road has been constructed by him.

While alleging that lie is in the DNA of the Deputy Senate President, the governor said that about 45 roads have been constructed by his administration in Senator Omo-Agege Senatorial District and four to his village.

The four projects are the construction/rehabilitation of Internal roads in Orogun town – Ughelli North, the construction of Arhagba – Orogun Road in Ughelli North Local Government Area (Phase I: From Arhagba/Emonu Junction to Ebor Community)-Ughelli North, the Ogbe-Ikolobie Road Orogun – Ughelli North and the Imodje Road Orogun – Ughelli North.

Speaking to State House correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Omo-Agege said it was a misconception to tag Delta a PDP state.

Fielding questions from journalists on how intend to dislodge the state currently in firm grip of the PDP, Senator Omo-Agege, who said he was in the Villa to confer with the President on national issues, said, “That is a very serious misconception to tag Delta State, a PDP state. Delta is very ripe for the taking.

He said, “We’re determined to achieve this; we’ve been going round each local government, ward by ward, making the case; drawing the attention of the people of the state to the mis-governance and lack of performance on the part of not just Okowa but the PDP led administration in the past 14 years, but most especially in the last seven and a half years; and the message we’re saying to people is resonating.

“We’ve been able to make the case to them, that Delta State is supposedly a very, very rich state and indeed a very rich state given the contributions that we’ve made, not only to the economy of this country, but also to the economy of the state, because of the receipts we have gotten from federal allocation, inclusive of a 13% derivation and other resources that come to the state by way of IGR.

“By our own reckoning, since the Okowa administration came into being, Delta State has received close to about N4.2 trillion and this came, like I said, by way of federal allocation, it came by way of 13% derivation, and also about N400 billion that the state has borrowed.

“Only recently, thanks to my brother, the governor of Rivers state (Nyesom Wike), who also made us to understand that another N260 billion was given to our state (on account of shortfall payment). So if you look, that will be a total of 4.2 trillion Naira that has come to the state. There’s nothing on ground by way of infrastructural development that is commensurate with all of these receipts that come to the state.”

He further said, “If you go to Delta State today, there is no road, no single road that is a new road that was constructed by Okowa as a governor. The last set of roads that we have in Delta State were constructed by Governor (James) Ibori. Since that time not a single new road, either by Governor (Emmanuel) Uduagan or by Governor Okowa. All he’s been doing is doing patches using mushroom companies to do patches, or remedial work on some of these roads which after three, four months, they get washed away by the rains.”.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/ive-constructed-4-road-projects-in-your-village-okowa-replies-omo-agege/amp/

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Killerbag36: 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nd no b lie

7 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Honjoshy4u: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Omoagege the mace thief is going no where.
Delta is PDP.
Okowa has done well compared to the other whose party has destroyed the country.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Iriruaga100(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Okowa the cow teeth governor couldn’t construct the one leading to his village with all the loans he took.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
Both of them are thieves.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by DrAkpamudehe: 12:57am On Jan 06, 2023
Iriruaga100:
Okowa the cow teeth governor couldn’t construct the one leading to his village with all the loans he took.

U r brainless

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by JASONjnr(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2023
Okowa should better go and rest ...

5 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by SultanOfPuna: 9:17am On Jan 06, 2023
The secret to why White people have a stable country structure is their workforce that consist of the 2 most important things in life.
Construction and Maintenance

You cannot construct a road, and you just leave it without weekly maintenance
Road construction companies abroad are divided into
Those that construct
Those that carry maintenance check on the construction.

Here in Nigeria, the only construct and abandon it. No maintenance at all
Then they wait till the construction has been destroyed then they begin another construction which they will abandon without maintenance.

We are 100 years backwards from the rest of the civilised world.
A backward stone aged shithole.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by stano2(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2023
This man should go and rest.
I don’t know what he’s using Delta State monthly allocation plus loans for. Infrastructural development is too low for an oil producing state.

Let’s start holding our governors responsible.

Omo agege is no saint, APC is worse.

12 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by zenith114(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2023
If you plan to migrate to UK �� in 2023 (via study),send a mail I can help you apply to as many as possible schools in the UK for just a token, putting into considerations tuition deposit, tuition balance payment plan, accommodation and jobs.

1 Like

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by DennisEche(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2023
Okowa Delta deserved better. Compare Your state Delta cant compare with Akwa-Ibom. Omo Agege is not better because he is a mace thief

5 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Oyiboman69: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2023
Okowa not only a thief but also a traitor

5 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Tito24: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2023
As you should

Na Omo agege suppose to construct the road before?

2 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by CLRF: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2023
Audio Road project.
No meaningful progress despite allocation and 13% inflow?

3 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Akfrenzy(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2023
grin WATABOMBSHELL
Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by dj2chicki: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2023
OK
Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by sapientia(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2023
Nigerian politicians still campaigning with construction of roads in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by kingamaa(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2023
"You" or your government using tax payers money/government allocation

Abi na your personal money you take construct the roads

Self centered politicians

2 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by noble71(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2023
shocked
Okowa is a failure, but Omo Agege is not an option.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi to us.

4 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by southsouthking(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2023
Gbas Gbos everywhere.

Omon Age the mace theft.
Okowa the southern Betrayal with his rabbit teeth.
Tinubu the self acclaimed Emilokan who boastfully said he made Buhari President himself at the detriment of Nigerians who voted for Buhari.
Shettima to okob marah patron.
Atiku the unifier who hurriedly deleted the tweet condemning Deborah's death.

The stone when go hit una come February 2023 eh, una nor go believe una eyes.

1 Like

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by bayelsaowei(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2023
Disgrace...two useless men...ordinary roads become big projects them...things they ought to do and keep their mouths shut...we pay taxes for these things to be done...and our politicians make it sound like its a privilege or like they've achieved something herculean..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by upower123(m): 9:22am On Jan 06, 2023
We in Delta state have to choose between two worse candidates...okowa boy and omo agege..we dey suffer for Delta state.. nothing is happening in Delta state despite the huge allocation and money borrowed....the state is getting worse.....

4 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by WarriAproko: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2023
Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by sonofthunder: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2023
Okowa has been useless of a truth.

If Buhari was to be equated to our governors, he will be rated better than 80% of them especially Okowa. Yet this Buhari has been a failure overall..... Imagine how much more of a failure most of our governors, Local government chairmen, senators, house of representatives members have been.

Yet we are much too cowardly to call them out. Why are states like Delta State and Bayelsa states not having any meaningful progress despite allocation and 13% inflow?

What has Okowa achieve in his 7years plus? What has your leaders achieved in your states/constituencies ?

7 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Ogbuji800(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Criminals making Nigerians poorer. Profligate idiots

1 Like

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by AzuNas: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Alright. . . . . . .Aje

Okowa is a monumental failure,but APC is not an option in Delta

Abeg
Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by sofeo(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Alright!
Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by Bigchristo: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2023
OddsDoc:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/ive-constructed-4-road-projects-in-your-village-okowa-replies-omo-agege/amp/
To me if you’re asking who is more likely to do something in delta state I will choose Omo Agege, he sponsored a bill that brought good development to delta state and his town in Delta because we share common boundaries, Okowa is a flop governor he should keep quiet is not about shouting Delta belongs to PDP without notable developments Omo Agege is APC if I have my chance I will vote for him because he has done well as a rep member, it’s no longer the party anymore if someone is good and working well for his people let that person continue the work same way I respect Lagos state governor regardless of his party that guy is working

3 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by airsaylongcome: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2023
Okowa and lies.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa To Omo-Agege: I Have Constructed 4 Road Projects In Your Village by paskal16: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2023
Mace thief wants to become governor too
Nigerian politics na for people wey no get Shame
E remain make mc oluomo run for governor of Lagos state.

Months ago Liz Truss, resigned barely 45days as a uk prime minister because she could not deliver the mandate on which she was elected.

Acts like this in saner climes can’t be seen here in africa as a whole,
Coz we the masses promote mediocrity and love been opressed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Those Plotting Saraki’s Fall Are Enemies Of Democracy, Says Ortom / INEC Responds To Tinubu’s PVCs Claim, Says Permanent Voter Cards Still Valid / Umana Okon, APC Governorship Candidate Protests In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.