Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. (1937 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
What does it mean to say that Jehovah is the only true God?

According to colossians 2vv 9 new world translation
The fullness of the divine quality is in christ.

Colossians 2 vv 9
because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.

The qualities of God includes love, wisdom, faithfulness, Almightiness, righteousness, etc

According to col 2 :9 new world translation Jesus has all these qualities in full.

Meaning Jesus possesses the quality
of Almightiness just like Jehovah in the old testament.
So if Jesus possesses the full nature of Jehovah doesn't that make Jesus the truly God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Barristter07: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
Steep:
What does it mean to say that Jehovah is the only true God?

According to colossians 2vv 9 new world translation
The fullness of the divine quality is in christ.

Colossians 2 vv 9
because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.

The qualities of God includes love, wisdom, faithfulness, Almightiness, righteousness, etc

According to col 2 :9 new world translation Jesus has all these qualities in full.

Meaning Jesus possesses the quality
of Almightiness just like Jehovah in the old testament.
So if Jesus possesses the full nature of Jehovah doesn't that make Jesus the truly God?

You are correct, I don't think anyone dispute that Jesus is God. So far, even humans are God's.

The issue is in verse 10

" and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority"

We have been brought to fullness because we are God's too, but you would agree with me that we are not in the same category with Jesus ? He is the head of every power and authority we may possess.

In the same way , Jesus is lower in rank to his Father. His Father is his head hence the Bible said God is the head of Christ.

Jesus have a God, that's why His Father is called the only true God . the Father doesn't have a God

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
Barristter07:

You are correct, I don't think anyone dispute that Jesus is God. So far, even humans are God's.

The issue is in verse 10

" and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority"

We have been brought to fullness because we are God's too, but you would agree with me that we are not in the same category with Jesus ? He is the head of every power and authority we may possess.

In the same way , Jesus is lower in rank to his Father. His Father is his head hence the Bible said God is the head of Christ.

Jesus have a God, that's why His Father is called the only true God . the Father doesn't have a God
Thanks for your time,

Vv4 said " you are full in him" which is different from having the fullness of God's divine quality .
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Barristter07: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Steep:

Thanks for your time,

Vv4 said " you are full in him" which is different from having the fullness of God's divine quality .

it only highlight that without Christ we won't have such fullness. Likewise without the Father Christ won't have that divine quality too

" For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him" Colosian 1:19

It's by the permission of the Father.

Yes, Christ is Lord, Yes Christ is powerful but it's disingenuous to not accept the Fact that everything he has was given to him by a Supreme being.

4 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 12:18am On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

it only highlight that without Christ we won't have such fullness. Likewise without the Father Christ won't have that divine quality too

" For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him" Colosian 1:19

It's by the permission of the Father.

Yes, Christ is Lord, Yes Christ is powerful but it's disingenuous to not accept the Fact that everything he has was given to him by a Supreme being.
You seems to be conflicting the fulness that Christian has in Christ with the fulness that Christ embodies which is that of divine essence.

The difference is col 2 vv 9 Cleary stated that Christ fullness is one of diety but th complete of that of Christians is not one of diety.

I don't see how col 1 vv 19 help your case because it says God is pleased with the fact that all fulness dwell in christ

colossians 1 vv 19 said the father is pleased to have all fulness dwells in christ, what fullness?

The fullness is the fact that
Jesus is the creator of all things, he is the reason creation exist. He is the head/ ruler of all creation, and he is the saviour also.

Christ created, governs all things and the saviour of the church.
So the father is pleased all these fulness should be in Christ.
Colossians 2 vv 9 is very express that the fulness of the very quality of God is in Christ.
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by fortunez1(m): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2023
K
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:01am On Jan 06, 2023
Why did you say it is for Jehovah's Witnesses as if we establish our own teaching? What does the Bible say?

Let's read Jesus Christ words at John 17:3
This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

From that verse, Jesus says we must come to know two distinct persons. The only true God and the one whom he sent. The reward then is everlasting life

Jehovah is the only true God and Jesus Christ was the one that the true God sent into the world... Simple as ABC

3 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Barristter07: 6:06am On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:

You seems to be conflicting the fulness that Christian has in Christ with the fulness that Christ embodies which is that of divine essence.

The difference is col 2 vv 9 Cleary stated that Christ fullness is one of diety but th complete of that of Christians is not one of diety.

I don't see how col 1 vv 19 help your case because it says God is pleased with the fact that all fulness dwell in christ

colossians 1 vv 19 said the father is pleased to have all fulness dwells in christ, what fullness?

[s]
The fullness is the fact that
Jesus is the creator of all things, he is the reason creation exist. He is the head/ ruler of all creation, and he is the saviour also.

Christ created, governs all things and the saviour of the church.
So the father is pleased all these fulness should be in Christ. [/s]
Colossians 2 vv 9 is very express that the fulness of the very quality of God is in Christ.

@highlighted
Are you aware Christians also have that very same divine essence ? That proves verse 10 is saying the same divine quality fullness exist in Christians.

" By these He has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may share in the divine nature "
2Pet 1:4

The blue part of your post is a scam. since Someone with God's nature is a deity.

The big question remains : Does this mean Christians are equal to God the Father since they have his very nature ? Whatever your answer applies to Jesus

4 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2023
Oh, JWs are here already! smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Why did you say it is for Jehovah's Witnesses as if we establish our own teaching? What does the Bible say?

Let's read Jesus Christ words at John 17:3
This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

From that verse, Jesus says we must come to know two distinct persons. The only true God and the one whom he sent. The reward then is everlasting life

Jehovah is the only true God and Jesus Christ was the one that the true God sent into the world... Simple as ABC
Non of you has addressed question raised by op.
If Jesus embodies the full divine quality doesn't this make his truly God also?
And also what does " only true God" mean?

1 Like

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by AntiChristian: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2023
angry

The nature of Jesus

Old testament vs Jesus vs Paul

cool
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

@highlighted
Are you aware Christians also have that very same divine essence ? That proves verse 10 is saying the same divine quality fullness exist in Christians.

" By these He has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may share in the divine nature "
2Pet 1:4

The blue part of your post is a scam. since Someone with God's nature is a deity.

The big question remains : Does this mean Christians are equal to God the Father since they have his very nature ? Whatever your answer applies to Jesus
The difference is that Christ has the fullness of the God nature while Christians just partake or share in it.

And the context
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:

He's a spirit
A glorious spirit creature
Second only to God
The Son of a King is not the King but like the King having both honor and power and royalty

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:

The only one deserving our worship!

From Abel down to Jesus and down to our day all of us are worshipers of the same God, that's why Jesus said to one of his fellow worshipers:

"Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God". John 20:17 smiley

1 Like

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:45am On Jan 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The only one deserving our worship!

From Abel down to Jesus and down to our day all of us are worshipers of the same God, that's why Jesus said to one of his fellow worshipers:

"Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God". John 20:17 smiley

Matthew 4:10
John 4:24

1 Like

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Barristter07: 8:51am On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:
The difference is that Christ has the fullness of the God nature while Christians just partake or share in it.

And the context

grin grin grin

The Bible said humans are sharers of flesh and blood. It means you have full flesh and blood. ( heb 2:14) share in that context only means there are others with flesh and blood too, not just a person.

Christians becoming sharers of divine nature means they have that exact fullness , just as Col 2:10 said. Alongside Jesus.

The point you are not admitting is Jesus was given that nature , just as other Christians. Only the Father wasn't given what he has, that is why he alone is the only true God.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Matthew 4:10
John 4:24
They are learning from the one and only united family of peace loving worshipers but it's just a pity that arrogance is blurring their senses! undecided
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Barristter07: 8:53am On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:

Since Christians have full divine quality, do you accept they are truly God's too ?

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

Since Christians have full divine quality, do you accept they are truly God's too ?

grin grin
@ Bolded I thought you were even reasonable.
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

grin grin grin

The Bible said humans are sharers of flesh and blood. It means you have full flesh and blood. ( heb 2:14) share in that context only means there are others with flesh and blood too, not just a person.

Christians becoming sharers of divine nature means they have that exact fullness , just as Col 2:10 said. Alongside Jesus.

The point you are not admitting is Jesus was given that nature , just as other Christians. Only the Father wasn't given what he has, that is why he alone is the only true God.
@ bolded If Jesus possesses the fulness of the father's nature it means he has all that the father has otherwise it is no longer full.
Words are read in context
Peter said Christians share in the divine nature, the preceeding statement said that through his promises that is the key to what Peter met.

What divine nature was Peter talking about?
The divine nature is his life, virtue and glory.

That is the context of Peter was speaking.
Read from vv 3
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Barristter07: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:
@ bolded If Jesus possesses the fulness of the father's nature it means he has all that the father has otherwise it is no longer full.
Words are read in context
Peter said Christians share in the divine nature, the preceeding statement said that through his promises that is the key to what Peter met.

What divine nature was Peter talking about?
The divine nature is his life, virtue and glory.

That is the context of Peter was speaking.
Read from vv 3

You are doing too much mental gymnastics to distance Christians from the divine nature.

" That you may be filled with all the fullness of God . " Ephesians 3:19

Anyone who partakes of the divine nature embodies the Fullness of God.

Verse 10 I repeat said Christians have the same Fullness as Christ.

I am glad you are learning some new things

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by sonmvayina(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
We are all divine eternal beings just having a human experience...
We are Gods breath dwelling within a physical body made from the dust of the earth....
When we die we go back being spirit waiting for another experience if we so desire ..

But our default state is spirit..

1 Like

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

You are doing too much mental gymnastics to distance Christians from the divine nature.

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. ~ Holy Bible

and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~ NIV

and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fulness of God. ~ RSV

and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness that God gives. ~ NWT

and to know the love of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye may be filled unto all the fulness of God. ~ American Standard Version

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. ~ KJV

TRINITY is his problem!

That's what he doesn't know how to bring into the discussion but it's been the root cause of his blind argument!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Aemmyjah(m): 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

Scriptures properly explained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

It is no metal gymnastics, it is simple read scriptures according to context. Peter was simply talking about life christians recieve, virtue and glory.

you are jumping up and down taking scriptures out of context.

Do you even know that the Greek word used for God in Ephsians is theou but the one used in
Colossians 2 vv 9 is theotetes, which describes the very essential nature of God.
These two Greek forms have different functions.

Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The fulness of God here simply means the fulness that belongs to God he is not talking of theotetes

In fact the Greek word used in 2 Peter 1vv 4 is theias which means divinely but when the very essential nature of God is referred to it is theotetes.
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Janosky: 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
Barristter07:

grin grin grin

You strike the bull's eye, mehn! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Janosky: 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
Steep:
It is no metal gymnastics, it is simple read scriptures according to context. Peter was simply talking about life christians recieve, virtue and glory.

you are jumping up and down taking scriptures out of context.

Do you even know that the Greek word used for God in Ephsians is theou but the one used in
Colossians 2 vv 9 is theotetes, which describes the very essential nature of God.
These two Greek forms have different functions.

Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The fulness of God here simply means the fulness that belongs to God he is not talking of theotetes

In fact the Greek word used in 2 Peter 1vv 4 is theias which means divinely but when the very essential nature of God is referred to it is theotetes.
John 17:7,24=2 Peter 1:4=Colossians 2:9-10.
Did Your Bible says God his Father given divine nature to Jesus and to the disciples?

John 17:7, ESV: "Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you."

Case closed!
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58am On Jan 07, 2023
The irony of this is that there are tens of thousands of different religions with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet they're all claiming Christians.

But out of all everyone is talking about just one: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 5:13-16

We don't even know what they're teaching but it's like they're the ones making the truth known indirectly because when honest hearted and sincere individuals who might not even notice the difference is going about their businesses these misinformed churchgoers are the ones calling such ones to pay attention to what is unique and when they notice how such a person grabs it like hot cake they get really mad at them, that's the time they will start striving to teach their useless doctrines which they supposed to have taught in the first place.

I remembered when i was still a Muslim, one woman in my yard back then used to be like S.U. she doesn't preach anything within the yard rather she behaves as if she's holier than everyone else then one young Cele guy too everyone was going to their churches without saying anything about teachings or doctrines except arguments at times in the deeds of members of different religions they do see around them. But from the day JWs came to visit me all of them started coming to me as if they just woke up from a long time sleep each of them trying to preach what Jesus said so i began asking them the same set of questions the JWs has used the Bible to answer satisfactorily none as in NONE of them could dare those thought provoking questions!

That's when i realized they're not Christians for real they're all misinformed churchgoers! smiley
Janosky:

Did Your Bible says God his Father given divine nature to Jesus and to the disciples?
John 17:7, ESV: "Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you."
Case closed!
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 5:47am On Jan 07, 2023
Janosky:

Case closed!
So where was it written that the father gave him divine nature?
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2023
Steep:

So where was it written that the father gave him divine nature?

"All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.” Luke 10:22

Everything he has was given to him by his father! smiley
Re: A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. by Steep: 10:09am On Jan 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

"All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.” Luke 10:22

Everything he has was given to him by his father! smiley
Are you listening to yourself? So divinity was handed to Jesus?
So before the father handed divinity to Jesus what was Jesus?
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Was The Richest Person In The Bible? / Evangelist Helen Ukpabio Attack Prophet T.B JOSHUA / Can Muslims Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.