Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,581 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Can Muslims Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Muslims Make Heaven? (1941 Views)

Can Muslims Deny Thes? Picture! / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Muslims Make Heaven? by BCELLS(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Can someone please shed light on where muslims will end up when they die,having clearly
recorded in the bible,Jesus said, no one can get to
the father except through me and muslims don't
accept Jesus,where will their eternal home be?
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by olaric(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
You have answered the question in the later part of your post; ie 'no one can get to the Father except through Christ'
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by BCELLS(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
olaric: You have answered the question in the later part of your post; ie 'no one can get to the Father except through Christ'
I guessed as much,a religion that can't take them anywhere,they are deficient of knowledge.
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by lacum: 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
remember also that jesus said that he who is not against me is with me.
we not only follow jesus with our wrds but deeds dats y we say dat Xtianity is not a religion but a way of life.
some muslims do follow jesus with their way of of life even without knowing it. tks

1 Like

Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by ayenny02(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
B_CELLS: Can someone please shed light on where muslims will end up when they die,having clearly

Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  Does that make him GOD?

There appear to be a sizable number of Christians who when reading this verse interpret it to state that Jesus is God and that no one shall enter into heaven except if they worship Jesus. 

If we were to back up a little and read from the beginning of this chapter, we would find that just before Jesus spoke these words, he said;

"In my Father's house are many mansions (dwelling places); if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a mansion (a dwelling place) for you."

John 14:2

The above statement is quite clear. It is in exact conformance to the teachings of the Qur'an. In the Qur'an we are told how God sent messengers to all tribes and nations. We are told that the basic message which was given to each of these tribes was the same: "Worship God alone and worship none else."

Some of the secondary details of this worship might differ from one tribe or nation to the next according to God's infinite wisdom and his knowledge of those people. It was made very clear to each prophet that he was not to preach to anyone but his own people. It was further made clear to this messenger's people that if they were to obey him that they would receive the reward of God. God would not hold them accountable for what any other tribe or nation did or did not do. This would continue until God's last messenger, Muhammad (pbuh) would be sent to all mankind as the seal of the prophets.

This is exactly what Jesus is saying here. He said that in God's mansion there are "many" rooms. Jesus was sent to guide to only one of them. The countless other rooms were reserved for other tribes and nations if they would obey their messengers. However, Jesus was telling his followers that they need not worry themselves about the other rooms. Anyone from among his people who wished to enter into the room which was reserved for them could only do so if they followed Jesus and obeyed his command. So Jesus confirmed that he was going to prepare "a" mansion and not "all" the mansions in "my Father's house".

Further, the verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY" to a mansion. He did not say that he is the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God. What else would we expect a prophet of God to say except "I am the 'way' to God's mercy"? That is his job. That is what a prophet does.

It is why God chose him in the first place; in order to guide to the mercy of God. This is indeed confirmed in John 10:9 where Jesus tells us that he is "the door" to "the pasture." In other words, he is the "prophet" who guides his people to "heaven" (see also Jn. 12:44). Once again, this is the message of Islam.

Finally, remember

"Not every one that says to me(Jesus); 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven."

Matthew.7:21

1 Like

Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by Emusan(m): 7:22am On Jun 10, 2013
ayenny02:

Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  Does that make him GOD?

There appear to be a sizable number of Christians who when reading this verse interpret it to state that Jesus is God and that no one shall enter into heaven except if they worship Jesus. 

If we were to back up a little and read from the beginning of this chapter, we would find that just before Jesus spoke these words, he said;

"In my Father's house are many mansions (dwelling places); if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a mansion (a dwelling place) for you."

John 14:2

The above statement is quite clear. It is in exact conformance to the teachings of the Qur'an. In the Qur'an we are told how God sent messengers to all tribes and nations. We are told that the basic message which was given to each of these tribes was the same: "Worship God alone and worship none else."

Some of the secondary details of this worship might differ from one tribe or nation to the next according to God's infinite wisdom and his knowledge of those people. It was made very clear to each prophet that he was not to preach to anyone but his own people. It was further made clear to this messenger's people that if they were to obey him that they would receive the reward of God. God would not hold them accountable for what any other tribe or nation did or did not do. This would continue until God's last messenger, Muhammad (pbuh) would be sent to all mankind as the seal of the prophets.

This is exactly what Jesus is saying here. He said that in God's mansion there are "many" rooms. Jesus was sent to guide to only one of them. The countless other rooms were reserved for other tribes and nations if they would obey their messengers. However, Jesus was telling his followers that they need not worry themselves about the other rooms. Anyone from among his people who wished to enter into the room which was reserved for them could only do so if they followed Jesus and obeyed his command. So Jesus confirmed that he was going to prepare "a" mansion and not "all" the mansions in "my Father's house".

Further, the verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY" to a mansion. He did not say that he is the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God. What else would we expect a prophet of God to say except "I am the 'way' to God's mercy"? That is his job. That is what a prophet does.

It is why God chose him in the first place; in order to guide to the mercy of God. This is indeed confirmed in John 10:9 where Jesus tells us that he is "the door" to "the pasture." In other words, he is the "prophet" who guides his people to "heaven" (see also Jn. 12:44). Once again, this is the message of Islam.

Finally, remember

"Not every one that says to me(Jesus); 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven."

Matthew.7:21

The way you interprete Bible just out of it.

What is the "will of God"?
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by MightySparrow: 8:00am On Jun 10, 2013
The muslims have their own heaven as described in their Koran as well as christians in their Bible. Shikena.
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by Ramtzy: 8:12am On Jun 10, 2013
B_CELLS: Can someone please shed light on where muslims will end up when they die,having clearly

Muslims believe in Jesus Christ but not in Christianity simply because Jesus was NOT a Christian & will NEVER be hence, all Muslims are bound for heaven...infact, aljanat firdauz gan ni
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by outcst: 8:29am On Jun 10, 2013
lacum: remember also that jesus said that he who is not against me is with me.
we not only follow jesus with our wrds but deeds dats y we say dat Xtianity is not a religion but a way of life.
some muslims do follow jesus with their way of of life even without knowing it. tks

Great post!
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by ayenny02(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2013
Emusan:

The way you interprete Bible just out of it.

What is the "will of God"?
Jesus said;

'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.' (Matthew 15:8-10) 

So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:40-42)

Jesus observed the Jewish Law, and his disciples followed him.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20)

Why do Christians discard the Laws?and you want to go to heaven without follow the law of God
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:23am On Jun 10, 2013
fu**CK jesus. this bloody jeww has no right to decide where I end up.

I leave that to the Higher powers to decide.
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by outcst: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
fu**CK jesus. this bloody jeww has no right to decide where I end up.

I leave that to the Higher powers to decide.

Hmmmm...for one who screams: "VULGAR ATTACKS AGAINST YOUR GODS"...you aint so different from those you accuse.
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by dridowu: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2013
Though shall not judge me.
PROUDLY MUSLIM
Re: Can Muslims Make Heaven? by DeepSight(m): 11:26am On Jun 10, 2013
Can Christians achieve Nirvana?

Can Hindus go to Valhalla?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] / W / The Missing Third Person Of The Trinity- Inconsequential?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.