Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ajala Travel: Nigerian Globetrotter Who Saw The World But Died At Home - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ajala Travel: Nigerian Globetrotter Who Saw The World But Died At Home (281 Views)

Have You Ever Fixed A Date Online With Someone & Ran Away When U Saw The Person? / I Opened My Daughter’s Room Without Knocking, And I Saw The Most Heartbreaking T / I Saw The Biggest Penis Ever On A Mad Man Yesterday In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ajala Travel: Nigerian Globetrotter Who Saw The World But Died At Home by OliveDeveloper: 8:40am On Jan 06, 2023
Olabisi Ajala reputedly toured 87 countries on a scooter, meeting political leaders and celebrities until he returned home to die lonely and poor at 65
Even if conventional history ignores Olabisi Ajala, the phrase “Ajala the traveller”, a nickname in Southwest Nigeria for the footloose and the adventurous, means he would never be forgotten.

In fact, the legendary Juju musician, Ebenezer Obey, in his 1972 hit album, “Board Members,” contributed to etching his name in Yoruba folklore when he sang memorable lines about his adventures:

“Ajala travelled all over the world (2ce). Ajala travelled (2ce), Ajala travelled all over the world.”
Such was the life lived by Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala, aka Ọlábísí Àjàlá, who toured about 87 countries on a motorcycle in the 1950s

More:- https://oliveloaded.ng/ajala-travel-nigerian-globetrotter-who-saw-the-world-but-died-at-home/

(1) (Reply)

Govt Should Check People's Mental Health Before Allowing Them Parenthood / I Want To Sell My Facebook To Feed My Girlfriend / Teddy Bear Costume… For Sale Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.