Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake (57204 Views)

Okechukwu Osuji Extradited From Malaysia After Being Found Guilty Of Scam / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by IslamIsIdiotic: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Do you honestly expect the followers to be more honest than their leaders?

Ishilove:
Nigerians... Is there no limit to our dubiousness? Are there no lengths we cannot go to dupe our compatriots of their hard earned money? Why is this insidious dishonesty a major part of our national character??

Wo abeg, I don taya for una. Shior

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by PROPEACE: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

But the main issue now is that we don't know if our friend is a victim or the culprit, he said he was forced to make the video call and all the chats which was being done with his phone by those who held him hostage, nobody believes him, everyone believes he's behind the heist.
Did they send the money? How was it withdrawn? Let's start from there.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Rubeshi(m): 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
Your friend wasn't forced against his will, he is the master mind.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
Nothing is impossible in Nigeria..... So help us God
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by myke92(m): 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
100% scam perpetrated by that your old school mate.

It's quite unfortunate angry

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by HydraFeeds(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
A victim perhaps,the scam is trending .

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by yomi007k(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

But the main issue now is that we don't know if our friend is a victim or the culprit, he said he was forced to make the video call and all the chats which was being done with his phone by those who held him hostage, nobody believes him, everyone believes he's behind the heist.

The question I should ask is "whose bank account did they present"?

Is it your friend's name that is on the bank account? If it his or family members account, then he is the criminal, if it's a total stranger then further investigation is needed.

Follow the money to know who commited the crime.

7 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by deloon(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
I just looked at the receipt for less than 2 seconds and I could tell it was forged.
Can't tell who is the master mind from the information provided.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Richy4(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Someone out there may have advised him to go and Hussle like his mates.. that he is a man....is that not part of what he was doing? smiley Is that not Nairaland language? smiley

They will tell you how they left home when they were 14 fending for themselves. Bla bla bla grin

Oga DonAllah blur the name of your friend so that he can have peace of mind...

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Nnamaka1: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

So basically he was kidnapped?? This can escalate in no time ooo
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by MarketDispatch: 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:
I find it really complicated but my friend's d my course mate be innocent or a culprit?

Did he report to the hostage situation to Police? If not it's scam

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Neddyogu(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
coconutbag:
It's hard to tell whether he was in on the scam or not. However, he can clear things up by reporting the matter to the police for investigation.
My thoughts too
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AlexBells(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Did he report to the hostage situation to Police? If not it's scam
He said he's living Lagos abd when I called he said he's boarded a bus to live Lagos for Kogi state
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Aurelius1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

Into whose account was the money sent?

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Neddyogu(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
yomi007k:

Is it your friend's name that is on the bank account? If it his or family members account, then he is the criminal, if it's a total stranger then further investigation is needed.

Smart one there! Follow the freaking money!
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by ihesiuloa(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Omihanifa:
Bulaba

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by yomi007k(m): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
Neddyogu:

Smart one there! Follow the freaking money!

That's the way it is bro.

Follow the freaking money. grin

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by skentelelady(f): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
He is the the one behind the whole thing. There is no way he would be kidnapped and they would still release him to go with his phone. It is well

8 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Mrkumareze(m): 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

I doubt his innocence
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by SkyFi: 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by clockwisereport: 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
One of my secondary school classmates pulled this stunt on us in 2020

7 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by ihesiuloa(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
Sgrghte3y:
:
Na dem dem be this oh..
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by ImpactBooks: 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
In a nutshell: Na the guy run the scam and when caught, he's now pulling the damage control button.

7 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Emmani360(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
I don't think anybody held him against his will and forced him to do anything.
Why didn't they just contact his family and demand for ransom and why didn't he involve the police after he was released

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Ade1177: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
Okiemute101:
Trust no one in distress.... format don dey everywhere. Don't know who truly needs help.. what a pity to the helpees
If you want to help people

Use your leg waka enter hospital

Genuine help is there

Walking around, you see people in abject poverty everyday on the streets

Help them

All these online is shit,
Someone with iPhone 14 is quoting me

Sending account to drop something for him to eat

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by osazsky(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

oga rest o..ur friend na Yahoo entitled guy..just imagine if the hospital didn't butst the format..my guy for just cash out 450k with ease.them full nairaland..and my prayer for them is that may God visit them with the sickness they are claiming to have amen..we once had a staff who was always begging with his healthy child lieing that he has kidney issue which we later discovered was false..there was a day the husband came visiting..we asked him how was his sick son he said which sick son..then we downloaded the fraud of his wife he immediately sat on the floor and started weeping and laying curses on his entitled wife..unfortunately the innocent child was knocked down by a vehicle 5 yrs ago..he was just 13 and he didnt survive it

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AlexBells(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
yomi007k:

They claimed the back account is for the hospital, my course mate said no money was recieved in his account, a lady dropped a voice note saying that she's the one in the hospital with Sule and that they then looking for cheaper hospital since the amount is outrageous for appendectomy, at that point Sule mever picked his calls again until he resurfaced to say he been released
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by TooMuchSense1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ask him details about how he was held up and eventually released. (Was he kidnapped?)
If his story doesn't add up (make sense), then he is lying.
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Mikeiron78(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
it is only in Nigeria that a document forgers will advertise publicly grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AreaFada2: 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
It's hard to tell. Ideally the police should be involved and the account used is a good starting point.

But na 9ja we dey.

Op's friend may be the mastermind or innocent. Only a thorough investigation can reveal it.
If he was held against his will even if for 30 minutes or an hour, it's a kidnap case. A very serious offence.

Keep an open mind.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by yomi007k(m): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

They claimed the back account is for the hospital, my course mate said no money was recieved in his account, a lady dropped a voice note saying that she's the one in the hospital with Sule and that they then looking for cheaper hospital since the amount is outrageous for appendectomy, at that point Sule mever picked his calls again until he resurfaced to say he been released

I don't believe them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okada Riders And Police Clash In Lagos, Three Feared Killed / Eiye Cofraternity Members Arrested By Soldiers During Cult Clash In Lagos.Photos / Nofisat Adetutu Ibrahim, Banker Killed By Assassins In Ondo [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.