Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander (22383 Views)

Kwankwaso Made A Very Solid Case For Himself Today / Victor Oye Laid Curses On Peter Obi Over His Defection / My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by g4gerald: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:
Kwankwaso being a VP to Obi will not be effectively enough to make Obi win the election. The Igbo factor will still make people not vote for Obi in NW and NE. It will amount to People in NW and NE seeing Atiku and Tinubu as no1 and 2 option. Kwankwaso will not be able to deliver much as a VP aspirant.

The fact that kwankwaso is in the race and is going to scatter APC and PDP votes in NW and NE is a plus for Obi.

This is the most efficient way to steal votes from APC and PDP and make those votes utterly useless because kwankwaso will not win the election.
This is just the most sensible comment i just read now, exactly what i have been telling people. Obi stand more chance if kwankwaso is in the race to scatter the northern votes
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by onuman: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:
Kwankwaso being a VP to Obi will not be effectively enough to make Obi win the election. The Igbo factor will still make people not vote for Obi in NW and NE. It will amount to People in NW and NE seeing Atiku and Tinubu as no1 and 2 option. Kwankwaso will not be able to deliver much as a VP aspirant.

The fact that kwankwaso is in the race and is going to scatter APC and PDP votes in NW and NE is a plus for Obi.

This is the most efficient way to steal votes from APC and PDP and make those votes utterly useless because kwankwaso will not win the election.

Since the NW and NE can't vote Igbo according to you, why then do we have to continue to have one country for Igbos and the people of NW and NE?
No country was ever created to remain indivisible forever. Roman empire, Soviet Union, etc dissolved. For how long do we gonna pretend that we have a country if people from one side will not tolerate people from the other side of the same country?
This 2023 election may be decisive on the integrity of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by SmartyPants(m): 8:02am On Jan 07, 2023
tempest01:
Kwankwanso just let bigotry get better of him.
If I was in his position, I would have given Obi the ticket and made someone like Abba Gida the vice.

The problem is that they were still calculating that the South was still collectively gullible and will join them in bigotry and also continue playing second fiddle.

They forget that they just completed an abysmal tenure and people have been forced to wake up.

Bigotry bigotry bigotry. Someome cannot habe his personal ambition or reasons without it being bigotry??

Why are you people like this?
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by famouscargo4u: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2023
tempest01:
Kwankwanso just let bigotry get better of him.
If I was in his position, I would have given Obi the ticket and made someone like Abba Gida the vice.

The problem is that they were still calculating that the South was still collectively gullible and will join them in bigotry and also continue playing second fiddle.

They forget that they just completed an abysmal tenure and people have been forced to wake up.

The truth is that Abba gida would surely win the governorship so, no need to gamble. More so, Rabiu Kwankwaso is more experienced and better than Obi in all ramifications. Three, Obi is not sellable in the north and it will affect the newly formed party NNPP. IT is Obi that ought to accept VP position which would have guaranteed his winning because his people will vote him regardless.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by SugarGirl44(f): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Why should I live there? Does anybody lives there?
It's only Elephants, Antelopes and lions that lives in Anambra.
All the humans lives in lagos.

Exactly!
Even animals can’t survive there because the place is cursed.
Only ghosts and grass are there.

But we’ll send you people back soon, we’ll teach you to be proud of your land like normal people.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Shikini: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2023
OP, I think so too
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by XXCASH: 8:08am On Jan 07, 2023
dochenaj:
A strong Kwankwaso will favour Obi because then there would be no Northern bloc votes going to anyone.

But there is also the problem of winning at least 25% votes in at least 24 states.

This election might be going into a runoff eventually if care is not taken. And when that happens, Atiku would definitely be in the runoff and is favorite to win.

Person wey sabi
BAT best chance is to win the 1st ballot, if he doesn't then Atiku will take the run off.
PO is definitely not in the equation for a run off (if that happens) cos he wont have the spread required
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by bonnyhope: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

Atiku is already the favourite to win this election.

However, my prayer is that God intervenes by turning things around.

A Peter Obi will instill sanity in leadership and place Nigeria on the pathway to success.

We deserve to see a sane and working Nigeria in our lifetime

I would also prefer Obi at the helm of affairs for sanity but National assembly is another hard bone to crack considering that LP has no member.

I forsee them frustrating Obi govt
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Levels1(m): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:

Same way Obi been in the race is a plus for Tinubu as without Obi on the baloba paper, the competition will have been kind of tight for Tinubu as Atiku will have made it kind of harder

But as God will do it, he uses Obi to destroy Atiku to favor Tinubu

Moreso obi is from the dot region another disadvantage

The youth will certainly vote wisely and cast for Tinubu as he's the most qualified between the Top 3 contenders which are Tinubu, Atiku and kwankwaso respectively.

Obi is in the class of Sowore et al
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Workch: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2023
reservd:

Same thing applies to obi in the south, won't tinubu factor diminish his votes especially in the SW? I feel atiku has an edge in all these permutations
Atiku has already lost about 5 million votes combined to Obi in SE and SS.
Atiku is also losing votes to Obi in NC.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Workch: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2023
Levels1:

Same way Obi been in the race is a plus for Tinubu as without Obi on the baloba paper, the competition will have been kind of tight for Tinubu as Atiku will have made it kind of harder

But as God will do it, he uses Obi to destroy Atiku to favor Tinubu

Moreso obi is from the dot region another disadvantage

The youth will certainly vote wisely and cast for Tinubu as he's the most qualified between the Top 3 contenders which are Tinubu, Atiku and kwankwaso respectively.

Obi is in the class of Sowore et al
Obi will beat Tinubu in southern Nigeria and its not even going to be close.
Tinubu is only popular in southwest and even in southwest, he cannot win with wide margin.

Even with Obi in th mix, Tinubu cannot boast of winning any region aside SW. Tinubu cannot win any region massively
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Levels1(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:
Obi will beat Tinubu in southern Nigeria and its not even going to be close.
Tinubu is only popular in southwest and even I southwest, he cannot win with wide margin.

You mean minority will win the Southwest?

Even the dot region, I'm assuring you that Obi will still be distance 3rd

February is near bro

Anyways for your information, when they mentioned South region , naturally they are referring to the Southwest part but other just share same name but government mean Southwest.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by SmartPolician: 8:25am On Jan 07, 2023
bonnyhope:

I would also prefer Obi at the helm of affairs for sanity but National assembly is another hard bone to crack considering that LP has no member.

I forsee them frustrating Obi govt

Peter Obi should get there first.

National Assembly na moi-moi case.

Besides, many politicians are likely to decamp to Labour Party the moment Peter Obi wins.

No be Naija politicians again?
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Workch: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2023
Levels1:

You mean minority will win the Southwest?

Even the dot region, I'm assuring you that Obi will still be distance 3rd

February is near bro

Anyways for your information, when they mentioned South region , naturally they are referring to the Southwest part but other just share same name but government mean Southwest.
Peter Obi will beat Tinubu so badly in southsouth and southeast. The margin will be very high.

Tinubu is not loved by every Yoruba because of his questionable attributes and Muslim muslim ticket. And southwest a lot of non-yorubas.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by SenatePresdo(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2023
SugarGirl44:

Exactly!
Even animals can’t survive there because the place is cursed.
Only ghosts and grass are there.

But we’ll send you people back soon, we’ll teach you to be proud of your land like normal people.

Ooh, even ghosts and grass are there? Impressive.

Who are the you people you will send back, I don't even know what SW looks like, I heard its all brown roof, is it true?
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Levels1(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:
Peter Obi will beat Tinubu so badly in southsouth and southeast. The margin will be very high.

Tinubu is not loved by every Yoruba because of his questionable attributes and Muslim muslim ticket. And southwest a lot of non-yorubas.

I think I rather make you keep dreaming till you wake up come February.

Tinubu is a southern project

The Southwest been head of the region nominated him

Take this to the bank dear brother.

See you by February to ask you boh market�
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by babyfaceafrica: 8:38am On Jan 07, 2023
after4:
I know, what am saying is that when it comes, Ahmed Datti will be a bigger force to contend with especially if Ahmed have the endorsement of obi

Datti cannot be bigger than kwankwaso in the North, know this and know peace
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Penguin2: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2023
after4:
It is you guys that didn't experience kwankwaso's governance that take him serious. How is kwankwaso better than buhari?
Buhari is a bigot, kwankwaso is a bigger bigot
Buhari is a religious fanatic, kwankwaso is
Kwankwaso has this mentality of northern supremacy and that is why he refused to step down for obi, you can see his comments later on.
Mark my word any where, this is is best opportunity he just lost
He will never have another opportunity to aso rock for any reason

Think about it. If Obi/Datti ends there tenure,
and obi did well which we believe by God's grace, Ahmed Datti will easily get the youths support and after that, it will be a southern turn. That means the next opportunity for kwankwaso will be the next 16years. How old will he be then and will the youths pick him against younger contenders then? No

I am happy pride did not allow him. He is not a good person at all

You are right.

Maybe it was God that made him stubborn so that he would not accept to deputize Obi so that he won’t go close to power.

I think finally God has remembered this country because Obi and Datti are just perfect together.

Let’s pray they win.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Penguin2: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:
Kwankwaso being a VP to Obi will not be effective enough to make Obi win the election. The Igbo factor will still make people not vote for Obi in NW and NE. It will amount to People in NW and NE seeing Atiku and Tinubu as no1 and 2 option. Kwankwaso will not be able to deliver much as a VP aspirant.

You are right.

Besides, he would have been too influential to be loyal to Peter Obi if they won.

God just perfected his work by making him refuse to align with Obi.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by goaldynman(m): 8:48am On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
obama and obi are not the same. obi has tried power and rulership for 8 years. he plunged ndi anambra into poverty

I can tell you without mincing word that there is no family in Anambra that you will find poverty! Travel to Anambra villages and see!

So it is very daft of you to mention poverty in the same sentence with Anambra!!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

Atiku is already the favourite to win this election.

However, my prayer is that God intervenes by turning things around.

A Peter Obi will instill sanity in leadership and place Nigeria on the pathway to success.

We deserve to see a sane and working Nigeria in our lifetime
ATIKU is not the favorite to win. All permutations are pointing towards a PO win

SS and SE used to be PDP's strong hold not this time, it is in favor of PO. SW will be keenly contested with Tinubu winning with a slim margin closely followed by PO. NC will not want another Fulani Muslim after what they went through with APC and will not buy a MM ticket because they are majorly Christians. So logically, the bulk of the votes goes to PO.
Core North will be keenly contested with Atiku winning but with a slim margin because of so many factors like education, insecurity, Kwankwaso, religion and ethnicity.

I don't see ATIKU winning this election
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by sulaak(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2023
after4:
It is you guys that didn't experience kwankwaso's governance that take him serious. How is kwankwaso better than buhari?
Buhari is a bigot, kwankwaso is a bigger bigot
Buhari is a religious fanatic, kwankwaso is
Kwankwaso has this mentality of northern supremacy and that is why he refused to step down for obi, you can see his comments later on.
Mark my word any where, this is is best opportunity he just lost
He will never have another opportunity to aso rock for any reason

Think about it. If Obi/Datti ends there tenure,
and obi did well which we believe by God's grace, Ahmed Datti will easily get the youths support and after that, it will be a southern turn. That means the next opportunity for kwankwaso will be the next 16years. How old will he be then and will the youths pick him against younger contenders then? No

I am happy pride did not allow him. He is not a good person at all

Kwankwaso , Atiku and Buhari are all born to rule bigots

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by jaxxy(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

Datti cannot be bigger than kwankwaso in the North, know this and know peace

As a vp he can and will if he is an active vp. it is a matter of influence. That's how atiku rose.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Realrealfact: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2023
Yes yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Workch: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2023
Levels1:

I think I rather make you keep dreaming till you wake up come February.

Tinubu is a southern project

The Southwest been head of the region nominated him

Take this to the bank dear brother.

See you by February to ask you boh market�

lol, Tinubu supporters don't know what's about to hit them.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by reservd(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2023
Workch:
Atiku has already lost about 5 million votes combined to Obi in SE and SS.
Atiku is also losing votes to Obi in NC.

Let's see how things play out as the days goes by, it's gonna be an interesting election
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Ekpeitit(m): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2023
jaxxy:

As a vp he can and will if he is an active vp. it is a matter of influence. That's how atiku rose.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Ekpeitit(m): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2023
VP of IPOBLAND or VP of Nigeria?
grin grin
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Workch: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2023
reservd:

Let's see how things play out as the days goes by, it's gonna be an interesting election
bro, BVAS is the game changer.
Peeples vote will count.
I can assure you.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Ekpeitit(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2023
Gagare1:
My only comment is this: the South needs to unite under one banner. The North (Fulanis) is using Tinubu to divide your votes against Obi. Their main candidate is Atiku. We the sensible ones up North are going with Obi, there is no need to know how many we are, the election results will show that.
Please Yorubas, do the right thing. End this Fulani supremacy. You owe them NOTHING. Don't follow Tinubu into slavery.
Re: Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander by Realist777: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2023
tempest01:
Kwankwanso just let bigotry get the better of him.

Where he got it wrong was the fact that other political parties agreed that presidential candidates should come from the South but he thought it was going to be a business as usual.
APC made the smart move even though some of the governors were not happy with the decision at first coupled with the fact that their candidate is weak and old but he is from the south.
Kwankwaso and Obi have great popularity in the North and South respectively, which could have resulted in a small structure but mighty combination but he made a terrible calculation.
As it stands today, two major parties are contesting in the forthcoming election; PDP and APC and the latter has a higher chance as a result of the internal squabbles within the former.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Threatens Banks Over INEC Materials & Scarcity Of Naira / Prince Deji Arrested Over 'No Secret Trial' Protest For Nnamdi Kanu / FFK: The COVID-19 Vaccines We Are Taking In Nigeria Are Not Bill Gates Vaccines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.