Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Leadership, Government, Treason, Having It Coming And Gadaffi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leadership, Government, Treason, Having It Coming And Gadaffi (621 Views)

Gej's Golden Silence On Gadaffi's Death / Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leadership, Government, Treason, Having It Coming And Gadaffi by wazobiang: 12:07am On Sep 04, 2011
The expected (at least on my part) extension of the Saturday 3rd September deadline given to Gaddafi and his loyalists confirmed my position on the current situation in Libya. The borrowed unrest from Egypt, Tunisia etc by some Libyans which saw NATO and co swoop in on Gaddafi and co was not clear cut. I have heard a lot of accusations against the man and I have heard his utterances ; the former, I could not confirm with hard facts except deductions from his supposed subsequent actions; the later makes it clear the man has lost touch with reality. Gaddafi seems like a man who has outlived his vision, his Green book turned yellow in the hearts of his citizens who needed a political unrest to push past the glory with which he held unto leadership.

At the risk of sounding like a supporter of tyrants, I wish to distill my thoughts and express it for discussion, if possible, seeing that so many things do not add up with the sacking of the former Libyan government by NATO. NATO whose business on an African soil I fail to see.

The uncaring devil in me secretly wishes that the rebel forces kill Gaddafi (gosh! am just a devil). But that is because it will help crystallize the views of more people towards the side of the already divided perspective against the invasion of Libya (Africa) by North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. It would mean that any African leader who gets unverified and sustained claims of human rights abuse gets killed. Am sure they will all sit up. GEJ included.

Leadership

Who is ideal? Who is the best leader? Is the best leader without blame. We just heaped a thousand insults on Jonathan, insults we would not have reason to heap on Gaddafi becuase he will take care of his domain better. Gaddafi is not without blame but is he the worst leader deserving to be ousted by NATO for rebels whose antecedents we do not know? Rebels who are now afraid to kill their former leader because they know deeply that there was no need for the fight in the first place. Knowing that killing the man will compound the whole mess. Killing the man would beg the question WHY? The question why would beg more questions and the truth in their heart will come through, even if slowly, in years to come. Are the rebels with a just cause? What will be their actions after the massacre they invited on their country: the Nigerian story I guess? All leaders are no saints. Going to history to prove this will make my write up voluminous.

Government

I am only basing my argument on the reasons people used to justify the Libyan fight. It is funny how people forgot about the fact that it was because Gaddafi threatened to kill that made NATO to wade in. Which system of government is better? Does it really matter? Is what matters not what happens to you as to what happens to the country? In the end? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_system_of_government#Single_political_movement_states Libya's system of government is not news, has never been and may never cease. Not wasting time on something that is given, I wish to glide through by trying to confirm that Gaddafi is not committing a crime by leading a people, Libyans, any way he wishes. He may be wrong but he was not committing a crime. His being wrong may be his undoing, but calling it a crime is the problem.

Treason

Treason is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason Yes, who just committed treason. The Syrian ambassador to the UN I think told the UN that Syrian soverignty is a red line that must not be crossed. This sent the UN scrambling for endless meetings, votes and meetings. Up till today nothing has been done. Syrians are dying in tens everyday and NATO can't get a foothold on Syria. A little cut on welfare in the UK sent kids going crazy and the UK government called it criminal of them. In Libya, there's no need for welfare cut, they're cool like daddies.

Does Gaddafi Really Deserve This

Well, I dunno. The guy seems arrogant and doped but if governments get sacked like this without consideration of the genuineness of the rebellion, we are in a big mess, walking a tight rope or just about to die to fulfill another person's dream.

Such happenings in Libya should not happen to naija o! No shooting, killing,bombing and dying. Am a hustler, am ok. No matter the leader, I've made it and I will accept my faith if not. God is always there, unseen, but always there.

Last week I said they won't have the heart to swoop on him and kill him just like that because they know, deep down in their hearts, that he represents something for Libya. If they kill him, the man at the top or his name will answer for that the next day, next year, ten years or a hundred years later.

I'm watching to see what the NTC will do eventually because I know they are beginning to have doubts about themselves and their action.

(1) (Reply)

Apologies To Mr President by Rudolf Okonkwo / How To Fix Nigeria Problem / Intelligence Failure? How Boko Haram’s Plot In Yobe Succeeded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.