Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,731 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It (1571 Views)

Are You Traveling This Festive Period? You Need To Read This / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
After spending some time in some of my favorite countries, I am here to boldly tell you that it is not worth it to leave Nigeria if you have friends and relatives who depend so much on you.

I could write ten thousand words for this post, but since this is a forum, let's take it as a discussion. Ask why, and I will give reasons based on the experiences of several Africans I have come across.
Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Sunnick(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2023
Why?
Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by jesmond3945: 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2023
CollinsWeGlobe:
After spending some time in some of my favorite countries, I am here to boldly tell you that it is not worth it to leave Nigeria if you have friends and relatives who depend so much on you.

I could write ten thousand words for this post, but since this is a forum, let's take it as a discussion. Ask why, and I will give reasons based on the experiences of several Africans I have come across. 
why
Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by ednut1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
grin this one no follow. In Nigeria if you are not careful they will drain all your resources till you become broke like them. At least if that happens abroad you will still get benefits or food from food bank. Everyone should try and help their parents and siblings. But if the siblings get married and start having kids like rats expecting you to take care of them. Cut them off

9 Likes

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
Why do you say so?

Do you feel the person will not make enough money or?
Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by DatNaijaGuy: 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
Some people with their entitlements mentality.
Once you travel abroad, you start owing them money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Lawnre(m): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
Sharp guy.... Nah your siblings wey get sense and your parents you gatz help.... Cut off those who turned out to be liabilities....

this one no follow. In Nigeria if you are not careful they will drain all your resources till you become broke like them. At least if that happens abroad you will still get benefits or food from food bank. Everyone should try and help their parents and siblings. But if the siblings get married and start having kids like rats expecting you to take care of them. Cut them off[/quote]
Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
It depends on what you were doing in Nigeria... were you earning enough to help them? ... where to abroad?... and what would you be doing abroad? ... would you be earning enough to take care of self and help them? ... some peoplemare abroad and can't help themselves ... some are abroad and find it much easier to help others thanks to the low value of the Naira. Also being abroad one can easily set up those home to establish businesses and to help themselves. E.g ... someone in Nigeria may be very good with hands ... a craft person .... one abroad can more easily send him a tile cutter machine and give him a chance to be a tiler...tiger.... better than others because the machine gives him an advantage. Personally, .... I know I'm in a better position to help than when home. Abeg .... no tapping

1 Like

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Eastcoastboy:
Why do you say so?

Do you feel the person will not make enough money or?

It's easier to become a millionaire in Nigeria than anywhere else in the world apart from the US.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
DatNaijaGuy:
Some people with their entitlements mentality.
Once you travel abroad, you start owing them money.

Moving abroad is not worth it when you have relatives who you used to give money to. You will only be depressed every day. 

I have been to many cities and heard several stories from Nigerians in the diaspora.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Originalsly:
It depends on what you were doing in Nigeria... were you earning enough to help them? ... where to abroad?... and what would you be doing abroad? ... would you be earning enough to take care of self and help them? ... some peoplemare abroad and can't help themselves ... some are abroad and find it much easier to help others thanks to the low value of the Naira. Also being abroad one can easily set up those home to establish businesses and to help themselves. E.g ... someone in Nigeria may be very good with hands ... a craft person .... one abroad can more easily send him a tile cutter machine and give him a chance to be a tiler...tiger.... better than others because the machine gives him an advantage. Personally, .... I know I'm in a better position to help than when home. Abeg .... no tapping

Your own is good. A situation where you are jobless abroad and you manage to send someone 50k they start reasoning "na this one you dey fit send me from abroad?"

And that 50k in some countries it will take you hell to earn it.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
CollinsWeGlobe:

It's easier to become a millionaire in Nigeria than anywhere else in the world apart from the US.

Sorry to bother you a little bit, but I will like to know why.

Do you think Nigeria is more lucrative or? Like I don't understand. Because to start with there's little or no job that can make an average Nigerian without support from background scale up that ladder real fast, let me not say fast, but in actual time as it's mandated for him.

So many persons have gone abroad and achieved success within a short period of time compared to how they would have if they remain in Nigeria. So I will like to know why you're saying this.

And why is the USA an exception?
Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

Sorry to bother you a little bit, but I will like to know why.

Do you think Nigeria is more lucrative or? Like I don't understand. Because to start with there's little or no job that can make an average Nigerian without support from background scale up that ladder real fast, let me not say fast, but in actual time as it's mandated for him.

So many persons have gone abroad and achieved success within a short period of time compared to how they would have if they remain in Nigeria. So I will like to know why you're saying this.

And why is the USA an exception?

Let me tell you the little

In Nigeria, you can wake up one day, take a cutlass, and go into farming. You can do anything you like. When I say anything, I mean do anything for money, even stay online to support the current government, and over night you become a millionaire. You can do so many things to set up a business, like those people frying akara and other businesses on the street. 

Check around your entertainment industry and your city; most people who relocate back from abroad to Nigeria with nothing end up becoming something because they have learned that there is money in Nigeria. 

The US is just like Nigeria, where you can do anything to make money. 

You said people go abroad and start making it. People become millionaires daily in Nigeria. 

Among the 15 million Nigerians living abroad, only about 5 million are doing well for themselves.
The system will make you feel comfortable; that's why you see some people who spent 20 years abroad without a house. 

From there, you still see some people who live in counties that are as difficult as Italy; they have houses, but those in Canada don't even have land because you continue to pay bills. 

Do you think Nigeria is more lucrative or?

I set up a restaurant business in a good area of Nigeria, and if I manage it well in less than 10 years, I will become a very successful person.

Because to start with there's little or no job that can make an average Nigerian without support from background scale up that ladder real fast.

One thing I have learned in some of the countries I have been to is that nobody cares about your school certificate; what matters are your skills. I have seen so many Nigerians who went for master's degrees but ended up washing plates. If you tell them to wash the plates and make money in Nigeria, they will tell you, "God forbid," but they prefer to wash that plate outside.
There are some people I knew 10 years ago who started businesses in Nigeria, and now they have achieved a lot from those businesses.

So many persons have gone abroad and achieved success within a short period of time compared to how they would have if they remain in Nigeria.

Out of the thousands that move out every day, you only see a few who come online to make noise, and the only thing saving some of them is because they moved into digital marketing and some started doing other online hustles, which they could've done in Nigeria.

What I am trying to say is that if you want to become a very successful person leave your bed room do those dirty job you are seeing on the street and give your self time. People will tell you they can't do farm work but they are looking for the job abroad and they can't even find it.

Someone will tell you Nigeria is not good but he will open orphanage hoke in less than 10 years you start hearing their name.

Me, I am just writing rubbish sha; I am just jobless here like every other Nigerian using the platform I created in Nigeria to pay N400k in house rent every month abroad.

Who want to see my Netherlands post bayi?

1 Like

Re: If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:38am On Jan 13, 2023
CollinsWeGlobe:

Let me tell you the little

In Nigeria, you can wake up one day, take a cutlass, and go into farming. You can do anything you like. When I say anything, I mean do anything for money, even stay online to support the current government, and over night you become a millionaire. You can do so many things to set up a business, like those people frying akara and other businesses on the street. 

Check around your entertainment industry and your city; most people who relocate back from abroad to Nigeria with nothing end up becoming something because they have learned that there is money in Nigeria. 

The US is just like Nigeria, where you can do anything to make money. 

You said people go abroad and start making it. People become millionaires daily in Nigeria. 

Among the 15 million Nigerians living abroad, only about 5 million are doing well for themselves.
The system will make you feel comfortable; that's why you see some people who spent 20 years abroad without a house. 

From there, you still see some people who live in counties that are as difficult as Italy; they have houses, but those in Canada don't even have land because you continue to pay bills. 

Do you think Nigeria is more lucrative or?

I set up a restaurant business in a good area of Nigeria, and if I manage it well in less than 10 years, I will become a very successful person.

Because to start with there's little or no job that can make an average Nigerian without support from background scale up that ladder real fast.

One thing I have learned in some of the countries I have been to is that nobody cares about your school certificate; what matters are your skills. I have seen so many Nigerians who went for master's degrees but ended up washing plates. If you tell them to wash the plates and make money in Nigeria, they will tell you, "God forbid," but they prefer to wash that plate outside.
There are some people I knew 10 years ago who started businesses in Nigeria, and now they have achieved a lot from those businesses.

So many persons have gone abroad and achieved success within a short period of time compared to how they would have if they remain in Nigeria.

Out of the thousands that move out every day, you only see a few who come online to make noise, and the only thing saving some of them is because they moved into digital marketing and some started doing other online hustles, which they could've done in Nigeria.

What I am trying to say is that if you want to become a very successful person leave your bed room do those dirty job you are seeing on the street and give your self time. People will tell you they can't do farm work but they are looking for the job abroad and they can't even find it.

Someone will tell you Nigeria is not good but he will open orphanage hoke in less than 10 years you start hearing their name.

Me, I am just writing rubbish sha; I am just jobless here like every other Nigerian using the platform I created in Nigeria to pay N400k in house rent every month abroad.

Who want to see my Netherlands post bayi?

This should be one of the best answers I've gotten to a question asked rh in NL.

I love how articulate your responses are, I've learnt quite a lot. And I'm going to move on with this mindset.

However I will like to know which platform is that? You've began with being 100% honest with your reply I will appreciate if we continue with that.

I'm just a young lad who just recently came off Uni I need all the ideas, input and push I can get Egbon.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigerians Outside The Country Happier Than Nigerians At Home ? / 10 Top Nigerian Neighbourhoods In London / Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.