Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

What Is God's View Of Smoking? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's View Of Smoking? (14339 Views)

What Is God’s View Of Smoking ? / Traditional Vs. Church Weddings: God's View On Them / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Konjiboii: 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thank God say from time na igbo we dey smoke normal normal
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
BlessedOne01:
You are senseless!

Forget me. Try to THINK for once in your life, does taking sniper defile a man or not?
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Konjiboii:
Thank God say from time na igbo we dey smoke normal normal

grin it is like someone saying drinking soft is a sin, and you say: "Thank God say from time na whiskey we dey drink normal normal"

1 Like

Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by iadelola77(m): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2023
Smoking is a sin.
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 1Corinthians 6:19.
As Christians, our bodies are the temple/ house of the Holy Spirit.
If your body is the house of the Holy Spirit then smoking cannot be accepted in the dwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by SouthernPlateau: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
I de smoke and you guys sound like story tellers.....it's just our lives, it's just our story. If you can stop,stop if you can't and you stop you kil urself...so whichuan come be sin
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Monaboo(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
Smoking damages the Organs especially the Lungs.

I don't think it is a sign because nowhere was it written in the bible categorically that "Smoking is a Sin".

Smoking is just a bad habit that is a KILLER.

Same with drinking.

So if you are engaging in something that is killing you softly, to me that's SUICIDE and Suicide is a sin beyond redemption.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by fkj950ax(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
Jokanem:
What Is God’s View of Smoking ?

Please I want to beg you not to continue down this rabbit hole.

You cannot have God's view on social issues.

Don't copy what the muslims do every Friday on Nairaland by repeating an opinion of a cleric made to them to be passed on to others.

Christianity is not about views. Nor have you or anyone you know, sat down over coffee with God and shared views on specific issues.

The bible is a guide for believers to use, and I am sure there is no section or book or chapter specific on smoking.

Smoking is bad for the health, so is sugar or processed food or generator fumes or crude oil polluted water or not brushing your teeth for 1 year or a billion other things.

Are you going to start issuing statements on everything one by one?

You can have the bible and guidance from the Holy Spirit on living a healthy lifestyle, but don't share views from God, like you sat with Him and He spoke to you about things.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by OLULAW: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
BabanawanGod:

the bible says only a f........l says there is no God
hope you are not one?

I have no respect or regard for a fraudulently collated book whose inspiration is attributed to a fictitious, unknown being.

Tell me, what do you know about the canonisation of the Bible? Maybe we can have a more informed and intelligent conversation.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by mcameo: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
And inhaling incense is what?
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
Monaboo:

So if you are engaging in something that is killing you softly, to me that's SUICIDE and Suicide is a sin beyond redemption.

But living is killing you slowly too, and is therefore a sin. The only non-sin is to go into suspended animation!
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2023
fkj950ax:

Christianity is not about views. Nor have you or anyone you know, sat down over coffee with God and shared views on specific issues.

God does not drink coffee
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Monaboo(m): 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

But living is killing you slowly too, and is therefore a sin. The only non-sin is to go into suspended animation!

Living on its own is not killing anyone dear but when you are deliberately engaging in something that is killing your living, that is a SUICIDE mission.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2023
Monaboo:

Living on its own is not killing anyone dear but when you are deliberately engaging in something that is killing your living, that is a SUICIDE mission.

Not true dear. The more you live, the closer you are to dying. Suspended animation can avoid that
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2023
mcameo:
And inhaling incense is what?

It depends on how the insence is inhaled. Is it voluntary?
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Monaboo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Not true dear. The more you live, the closer you are to dying. Suspended animation can avoid that

I don't think so darling.

As we live, we age. But alot who are living a healthy lifestyle by not "engaging in habits that are Suicide mission" are aging gracefully daily. What I mean by aging gracefully is you are 40yrs old but still look 30yrs.

Meanwhile most of these suicide missioners will be 40yrs and be looking like 55yrs because their cells, organs and tissues are dying daily due to these habits.

Go to the hospital and see young smokers and drunkards in their 20's and 30's diagnosed with Lungs Cancers, Lung Problem and Liver Cirrhosis due to smoking and drinking.

I'm a Plant Stem Cell Therapist. So I know what I'm saying.

I rest my case.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
Monaboo:

I don't think so darling.

As we live, we age. But alot who are living a healthy lifestyle by not "engaging in habits that are Suicide mission" are aging gracefully daily. What I mean by aging gracefully is you are 40yrs old but still look 30yrs.

Meanwhile most of these suicide missioners will be 40yrs and be looking like 55yrs because their cells, organs and tissues are dying daily due to these habits.

Go to the hospital and see young smokers and drunkards in their 20's and 30's diagnosed with Lungs Cancers, Lung Problem and Liver Cirrhosis due to smoking and drinking.

I'm a Plant Stem Cell Therapist. So I know what I'm saying.

I rest my case.

But my pussycat as long as you admit that as we live we age, you are admitting that living is bringing us closer to death - slow suicide. Suspended animation can avoid that
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by 2rez: 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2023
Op, whether you smoke or not, we all born as sinners in a sinful world. However, smoking is individual's choice oh k. Different strokes for different folks so leave God's view, ganja creator outta smoking. Moderation, that's the word. Doing things to moderation is imperative, yeah, for healthy living. That's just it.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Sterope(f): 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2023
In Islam, it is a sin to engage in anything that harms your body.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by PoliteActivist: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I did by adding more things which you people call good like sex, eating, playing, ehen jogging etc.

Sterope:
In Islam, it is a sin to engage in anything that harms your body.

So it is settled then: coke and fanta and juicy steaks are all sins
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by dododawa1: 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
NIGERIA itself is SIN
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by charlsecy(m): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2023
SimplyAJ:
Some places abroad, some smoke because of how cold the environment is.
I don't believe being in a cold weather is a good reason to smoke. Assuming smoking was sinful, would GOD justify those in cold weather and condemn those in tropical regions?
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by BabanawanGod: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2023
OLULAW:

I have no respect or regard for a fraudulently collated book whose inspiration is attributed to a fictitious, unknown being.

Tell me, what do you know about the canonisation of the Bible? Maybe we can have a more informed and intelligent conversation.

Human existence is not a fiction. but a creation, created by a creature called God that is why human can't live forever . only the creator Called JEHOVAH God as a title can live for ever .
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by BabanawanGod: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
OLULAW:

Human existence is not a fiction. but a creation, created by a creature called God that is why human can't live forever . only the creator Called JEHOVAH God as a title can live for ever .
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2023
BabanawanGod:

Talking rubbish!

We die because God commanded, therefore all it takes to live forever is for God to command it.
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by fkj950ax(m): 1:26am On Feb 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

God does not drink coffee

Nor does He share views on issues to individuals
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by BabanawanGod: 6:02am On Feb 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Talking rubbish!

We die because God commanded, therefore all it takes to live forever is for God to command it.

God has not commanded human to die but human caused death upon them self by disobedient to the word of God.
the bible says that the soul that sinnet shall die
you are from the dust and there you will return ..
don't let too much leaning separate you from reality. peace
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by RussellRutherfo: 8:53am On Feb 27, 2023
Jokanem:
What Is God’s View of Smoking ?

Smoking here refers to inhaling tobacco smoke directly from cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or water pipes. However, it also implies the use of chewing tobacco, snuff, electronic cigarettes that contain nicotine, and other products.

Even though the Bible never mentions tobacco, it helps us to understand how God views smoking. For many, that knowledge provided the incentive they needed to resist or quit the habit. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) Let us consider three well-known harmful effects of smoking and see what the Bible says about them.

SMOKING IS ADDICTIVE

Tobacco contains one of the most addictive drugs known​—nicotine. It acts as a stimulant as well as a depressant. Smoking delivers nicotine to the brain quickly and repeatedly. Since each puff supplies a single dose of nicotine, the average one-pack-a-day smoker inhales the equivalent of about 200 doses a day, a higher dosage than in any other drug use. Such frequent dosing makes nicotine uniquely addictive. Once hooked, a smoker experiences withdrawal symptoms if his craving for nicotine is not satisfied.

“You are slaves of the one you obey.”​—Romans 6:16

Can you really obey God if you are enslaved by tobacco addiction?

The Bible helps us to have the correct view of the matter when it says: “Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey?” (Romans 6:16) When an individual’s thinking and actions are dominated by a craving for tobacco, he soon becomes a slave to a degrading practice.

However, God, whose name is Jehovah, wants us to be free, not only from practices that harm our body but also from those that corrupt our spirit, that is, our dominant mental inclination. (Psalm 83:18; 2 Corinthians 7:1) Thus, as a person grows in appreciation and respect for Jehovah, he recognizes that Jehovah deserves his best and that he cannot give God his best while remaining enslaved to a lethal habit. That realization helps to give a person the will to resist hurtful desires.

SMOKING DAMAGES THE BODY

“Smoking cigarettes . . . has been scientifically proven to harm nearly every organ in the body and to increase morbidity and mortality,” says The Tobacco Atlas.

It is well-known that smoking causes noncommunicable diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and lung ailments. But according to the World Health Organization (WHO), smoking is also a major cause of death from communicable diseases, such as tuberculosis.

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.”​—Matthew 22:37

Are you showing love and respect for God if you abuse your God-given body by indulging in a defiling habit?

Through his Word, the Bible, Jehovah God teaches us to have a proper view of our life, our body, and our faculties. His Son, Jesus, pointed to this when he said: “You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” (Matthew 22:37) Clearly, God wants us to make good use of our life and body and to treat them with respect. As we learn about Jehovah and his promises, we come to love and value all that he has done for us. This motivates us to keep free from anything that defiles our body.

SMOKING HARMS OTHERS

Exhaled smoke and smoke that comes from smoldering tobacco are toxic. Inhaling such secondhand smoke can cause cancer and other diseases, and each year it kills 600,000 nonsmokers, mostly women and children. A report by WHO warns: “There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.”

“You must love your neighbor as yourself.”​—Matthew 22:39

Do you really love your neighbor and family if you expose them to the dangers of secondhand smoke?

According to Jesus, love of neighbor​—our family, friends, and others around us—​is second only to love of God. “You must love your neighbor as yourself,” he said. (Matthew 22:39) If we pursue a habit that hurts those close to us, we are not showing neighborly love. Genuine love moves us to follow the Bible’s admonition: “Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.”​—1 Corinthians 10:24.

SMOKING EXTINGUISHED FOR GOOD!
We can break free from this degrading habit that is hurting us and others not simply because we know it's harmful but if we love Jehovah and desires to please him.

The vital role of love is emphasized at 1 John 5:3, which states: “This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.” Of course, following Bible principles will not always be easy, but when a person is moved by strong love for God, obedience will not be a burden.

Through a global educational campaign, Jehovah God is now helping millions of people to break free or keep free from enslavement to tobacco. (1 Timothy 2:3, 4) Very soon, by means of his Kingdom​—a heavenly government under his Son, Jesus Christ—​Jehovah will eliminate the greedy commercial system that is responsible for enslaving millions to tobacco. He will extinguish the smoking epidemic for good and raise obedient humankind to perfection in body and mind.​—Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 19:11, 15.

If you are struggling to quit smoking, take heart. By learning to love Jehovah and to appreciate his view of smoking, you too can find the motivation you need to succeed. Be assured that if you want Jehovah’s help to break free from tobacco addiction, he will supply the power and strength you need.​—Philippians 4:13.

Active Publisher dey post.

What does God say about JW false predictions of 1918,1919, 1925, 1975, Beth Sarin House, etcetera ?
Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34am On Feb 27, 2023
RussellRutherfo:

Active Publisher dey post.

What does God say about JW false predictions of 1918,1919, 1925, 1975, Beth Sarin House, etcetera ?

Wow! smiley

Tell me something!
Are you saying Jokanem is one of my brothers?
That's awesome.
Thank you for showing me my brother! smiley

Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2023
BabanawanGod:

God has not commanded human to die but human caused death upon them self by disobedient to the word of God.
the bible says that the soul that sinnet shall die
you are from the dust and there you will return

That is the Commandment in Genesis 2:16/17 and Genesis 3:19. The Commandment of "you shall die if and when you disobey Me"

1 Like

Re: What Is God's View Of Smoking? by OLULAW: 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2023
BabanawanGod:

Arrant nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn's Miracle & Impartation Service At Christ Embassy / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.