Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death (14354 Views)

Woman Sues Church After Failing 2receive Promised Money 4keeping Quiet After Sex / Orji Orizu Sues Reverend-Father Chilaka For N5bn Over Prophecy / Faith Academy Ruling Worries Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by RiffRaff: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
Yesterday, at the Federal High Court in Abeokuta, neither the Faith Academy in Otta, Ogun State and the 16 other defendants, nor their counsels showed up to defend themselves on charges of complicity in the death of 11-year-old Morenike Arulogun, who died of cerebral malaria in 2008.

The sitting Judge, B. I. Molokwu, was surprised that no member of the defence party was present for the hearing of the preliminary objection they had submitted to the court in late September, 2009. She adjourned the case to allow for another notice of hearing to be served the defendants. "We will give them time to appear.

The defendants will be served with fresh notices. I am doing this because I don't want anyone to accuse me of not giving them fair hearing. The case is adjourned to Friday, October 30, 2009," the judge said.

The counsel to the plaintiff, Oluyinka Oyeniji of Banwo, Adeyemo and Igbokwe Chambers was also surprised that Faith Academy and its lawyers would feel no obligation to show up in a case involving the demise of an ex-student of Faith Academy. "It is surprising that a counsel can choose to come or not at will. And this to me shows the levity they [Faith Academy] have been taking the death of Morenike, whose death was occasioned by their poor health management.

Let's hope they'll treat the court with more respect," he said. Mr. Oyeniji said he was further surprised because last week on October 7, 2009, he had submitted to the Federal High Court his chamber's counter-affidavit to the preliminary objections of the defendants, which he said was acknowledged by the defendants counsel.

When NEXT contacted Ogochukwu Mbamalu of Jumbo Chambers, the counsel to Faith Academy and eight other defendants mentioned in the law suit No. FHC/AB/CS/58/09, he said he was never notified when the case was coming up. "Yes, they served us their counter-affidavit on the 7th but we were not given any hearing notice. The Federal High Court should have given us notice but they did not. We've just been informed of the new date and we will be there," Mr. Mbamalu said. For Toye and Idorenyin Arulogun, who were both present at the court, their cause is a justified one, which they say they have thought over ever since their daughter Morenike passed away on November 21, 2008. "It is a very traumatic experience we are going through.

Morenike loved to sing but now there is no more music in our family. We don't wish anyone goes through what we are facing and that is why we are creating awareness on the Movement Against Negligence In Boarding Schools (MANIBS)," Mrs. Arulogun said. "(The movement's) aim is to get schools and regulatory bodies like the Ministries of Education and Health to establish the procedures schools should follow in the management of students in their trust.

Many people have suffered this kind of negligence and it is time we spoke out against this," Mrs. Arulogun added.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Health/5469307-147/story.csp
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by ichommy(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by sharpman1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2009
Riff-Raff,

Faith Academy is not owned by Daystar!!!!
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by AKO1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
sharp man:

Riff-Raff,

http://www.davidoyedepoministries.org/faith-academy/
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
sharp man:

Riff-Raff,

Was wondering what Daystar had to do with it??
Please o, my beloved Pastor Sam Adeyemi! grin
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by madamL(f): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
Faith Academy belongs to Winner's Chapel.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by chosen04(f): 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2009
sharp man:

Riff-Raff,

@ Poster, Pls get your facts well.

Faith Academy is owned by Faith xtain centre aka Winner's Chapel. Who also owns Covenant University.

Thus, your post smells of BEEF against Daystar.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by AKO1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2009
Why should it even matter who owns it?

Now I get the motivation behind these types of threads.

Bored, hateful OPs angry
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by KunleOshob(m): 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2009
madam L:

Faith Academy belongs to Winner's Chapel.
No wonder, Winner's chapel has no time for anything that would not bring money or cheap positive publicity to their conglomerate or their CEO bishop.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Gamine(f): 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2009
For Goodness sakes! Faith Academy isnt Daystar's
what kind of useless post is this.  undecided

But i have to say, its a really sad story.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by chosen04(f): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
aysometin:

Was wondering what Daystar had to do with it??
Please o, my beloved Pastor Sam Adeyemi! grin

@Aysometin

Your pastor is one of the few Nigeria pastor who are above board. Mine isnt!!
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

@Aysometin

Your pastor is one of the few Nigeria pastor who are above board. Mine isnt!!

Please madam can you clarify?? wink
Daystar is the only Pentecostal church I have been able to associate myself with since leaving an anglican church!!
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by KunleOshob(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
A_K_O:

Why should it even matter who owns it?

Abi oh, after all they are in the same type of business [pimping prosperity gospel] i am not suprised people would confuse them after all they are birds of the same feather.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by sharpman1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

Abi oh, after all they are in the same type of business [pimping prosperity gospel] i am not suprised people would confuse them after all they are birds of the same feather.

and what's wrong with a church running or owning a school?
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by chosen04(f): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
aysometin:

Please madam can you clarify?? wink
Daystar is the only Pentecostal church I have been able to associate myself with since leaving an anglican church!!

Still Clean===== Doesnt wine and dine with the Political looters.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by mikkyphp(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
@poster, promptly carry out your research properly before posting. "Daystar" was the only reason i clicked on this thread.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by switch47(m): 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ post
This is indeed a sad story, but this should not in anyway occasion unnecessary insult to the church/bishop that owns the school, the entities directly culpable are the medical personnel/clinic of the school, and the school management are VICARIOUSLY liable. that is why the case is THE STATE Vs Day star Academy and not VS the registered trustees of the church This has nothing to do with Bishop Oyedepo as the school is a separate entity with an administrator. I

In BTW
So many posts- but what is the intelligence level exhibited by the average user? shocked
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by yeswecan(m): 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2009
switch47:

@ post
This is indeed a sad story, but this should not in anyway occasion unnecessary insult to the church/bishop that owns the school, the entities directly culpable are the medical personnel/clinic of the school, and the school management are VICARIOUSLY liable. that is why the case is THE STATE Vs Day star Academy and not VS the registered trustees of the church This has nothing to do with Bishop Oyedepo as the school is a separate entity with an administrator. I

Your are right. Lets wait to hear the other side of the story before casting stones, afterall it could have happened anywhere. Churches running school is not limited to Nigerian alone, it is all over EU and the America. Why the ranting.

Sad story. RIP Morenike
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by unfaded(m): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
Kunle& his cohorts-u guys're ignorant u reli need to do somtin abt ur very pọor minds.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

Still Clean===== Doesnt wine and dine with the Political looters.

Oh Ok!!
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by donjon: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
But why is d academy showing contempt of court?
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by ud4u: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ KunleOshob, I know say they use men of God do you.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by axeman85(m): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
Pls nobody shoould come and mention Daystar here. we only raise role models in our church and known for excellence. This has nothing to do with Daystar.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by donjon: 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by donjon: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2009
axeman85:

Pls nobody shoould come and mention Daystar here. we only raise role models in our church and known for excellence. This has nothing to do with Daystar.

Preach it bro!!
I miss that church so much!! I am yet to find a suitable replacement!! God help me
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nezan(m): 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
uh-hu
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by diasporian: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2009
realy - what happened to the girl- what happened. this story is about the court case, will someone tell us what realy happened prior to this court case?
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by mygladness: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2009
What has Daystar got to do with this post? Did the poster mention Daystar in the story because I cannot find any trace to the church.
Was it mentioned in the body of the story or what?

By the way, Faith Academy should be more reasonable and compassionate in the manner they are handle this little girl's death. Life is involved here.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by clomn(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
WHETHER WINNERS OR LOSERS LET JUSTICE PREVAIL.

LIFE IS THE SAME EVERY WHERE, IN THE SHRINE, CHURCH AND EVEN IN THE MOSQUE.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by drlawng(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
The so-called church-promoting, pastor-defending Christians in the bid to defend their "men of god" are exhibiting Un-Christlike behaviors through their insulting comments.  You really wonder who is the ultimate is in their lives, the Christ the profess to believe in, or their "men of god"?

@switch47, I can see you are really an intellectual, as your BTW comments pre-supposes that everyone else on the  forum is an idiot. Word of advice, that you don't agree with other peoples perspectives doesn't make you smarter than they are.

R.I.P Morenike.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by lawrence83: 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2009
This is a very sad story

if it warrants dragging the owner(s) to court, someone should do just that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State / How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals / Sign Fireman Explains How God Is A Game!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.