Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. (56789 Views)

Check Out This N4.6million Naira Barbeque Fish (pics/video) / See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by aktolly54(m): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I used to get that fish N700. What's happening in Nigeria. Anyways vote for Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

This I have seen.
live one for that amount, not cooked or barbecue one
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
aktolly54:
live one for that amount, not cooked or barbecue one
False prophet nor know wetin he dhey talk cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by tollyboy5(m): 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
Laudbtc:

Akpu junction should be in asaba, delta state which comprises of various fish sellers and aboki that roast chicken too. I bought fish from that same place and got it for 3500 few days ago which was bigger than the photo attached there and so I’m surprised with the 5k summation
Fish is 3500 in Lagos main land also. The OP don add pepper to her story lol.

1 Like

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Peterosky(m): 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:
Last night I was craving something peppery because I was sick and took meds,so I settled for barbeque fish.

The way the fish was wrapped,one would think it's a big fish.
Not until I got home and realise I have bn tricked and the fish was wrapped with 3 foil paper.

To me,it was like buying sandwich with cornflakes inside.
The chips was nothing to write home about,they were looking like gazelle gararaga.
Honestly I felt cheated.
.This your story can never be real. Where we buy barbecued fish, you will see the size of the fish before it is prepared and rapped for you. So why is your own case different?

4 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by AjiBussu(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
Asaba is quietly taking the spot as the most expensive city to live in in South south/south east. Quite expensive for such a small city but lovely though
ahnie:
Everything here is expensive,asaba is not an abode for the faint hearted.
The prices of what was sold to you would have bn a tiny bit lesser in eateries.
To me cost of living in asaba is way higher than portharcourt,I kid you not.
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Qardinalcaptain: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2023
obi58:
Gazelle Gagaraga grin grin grin

Another Banger! grin grin

See how e dey pepper Urchins! grin grin grin

No be her fault say Una don add another word to the dictionary after Bulabaaaa grin grin grin

But wait first..... Ihordspy is still working on his thesis to explain that one grin grin grin
Lol..that lhordspy need to see a doctor
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2023
Peterosky:
.This your story can never be real. Where we buy barbecued fish, you will see the size of the fish before it is prepared and rapped for you. So why is your own case different?
Just hear yourself?
Does it even makes sense to you?

So what happens to those wrapped n already prepared for buyers?

4 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by AjiBussu(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
Not only Asaba, Okpanam as well. I know of a room and palor 1.2M new house at plenty sign board. People paid even before the house was completed grin
ahnie:

G boys redefined it for us.
A room n a parlour apartment adjacent to my home was pushed up from 450k to 1 Millon due to the influx of g boys.
Peeps with decent job have all moved out,landlord is doing renovation to welcome the new young tenants.

3 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
AjiBussu:
Asaba is quietly taking the spot as the most expensive city to live in in South south/south east. Quite expensive for such a small city but lovely though
It's calm, noiseless and a good place to raise a decent family.
But in terms of job opportunities,the chances are minimal.

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Peterosky(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:
Just hear yourself? Does it even makes sense to you?
So what happens to those wrapped n already prepared for buyers?
.Why go for those ones when you have the option of even point and kill?

3 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by AjiBussu(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:

It's calm, noiseless and a good place to raise a decent family.
But in terms of job opportunities,the chances are minimal.
Na only hotel work, pos and fuel attendants jobs full there.

3 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Emmanuel30a: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:

Mr lie detector.....go to akpu junction besides crunches bite and get one confirm for your self

ahnie, what can you cook and what can you not cook? By the way, did you have boyfriend or lover or sideboy, or sugardaddy or you are married? How many are they...? I mean boyfriend, lover, etc...

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
AjiBussu:
Not only Asaba, Okpanam as well. I know of a room and palor 1.2M new house at plenty sign board. People paid even before the house was completed grin
The advent of the name is hilarious (plenty signboard cheesy cheesy cheesy.)

Another developing side is amachai..if you have any one interested in buying a 3 bedroom building....it's goes for 8 million.
After iroko tree.

kiss
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
Peterosky:
.Why go for those ones when you have the option of even point and kill?
You got yours from bars or beer taverns,I got mine from destinated fish stands.

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Adakintroy: 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
False. Many people are just capitalizing on this Nigeria no good narrative.

na transcop you buy am?

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
AjiBussu:

Na only hotel work, pos and fuel attendants jobs full there.
And largely over laboured n underpaid.
Seems you're resident here?
You seemed to know more about this city.
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by AjiBussu(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Na money dey yab man. The build is very cheap for that location. It is well.
ahnie:

The advent of the name is hilarious (plenty signboard cheesy cheesy cheesy.)

Another developing side is amachai..if you have any one interested in buying a 3 bedroom building....it's goes for 8 million.
After iroko tree.

kiss
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by AjiBussu(m): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Lol grin
ahnie:

And largely over laboured n underpaid.
Seems you're resident here?
You seemed to know more about this city.
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
AjiBussu:
Na money dey yab man. The build is very cheap for that location. It is well.
Ego ga bia.

1 Like

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by chichriso: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by LINTUNE(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
ednut1:
Pele. 5,500 last time I came to 9ja
wow..where in naija...this one make sense o..
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Peterosky(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:

You got yours from bars or beer taverns,I got mine from destinated fish stands.
.Then stop disturbing us with your complaints and allow us the peace to think of how Obi will lead this great country to prosperity while King Blablu retires to oblivion very soon.

1 Like

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Dshocker(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:
Last night I was craving something peppery because I was sick and took meds,so I settled for barbeque fish.

The way the fish was wrapped,one would think it's a big fish.
Not until I got home and realise I have bn tricked and the fish was wrapped with 3 foil paper.

To me,it was like buying sandwich with cornflakes inside.
The chips was nothing to write home about,they were looking like gazelle gararaga.
Honestly I felt cheated.

If you want to enjoy catfish, come to Benny Hotel, by 6th avenue festac, their fish make sense die, but it goes for 8k
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Dshocker(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
eliyke:
Maybe u don high wen u buy am,5k 4 just 1 fish?

Quality catfish is from 7k...

Or were you expecting to get it for 1k?

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Slynation(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
Chai...I remembered when I used to get berbeque for 3K, very big fish, but the last time I wanted to buy, they told me 7K for one normal fish, not that I cannot afford it, but I don't promote nonsense...!!
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Anansa0003: 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahnie:

Things down south here pretty expensive.
for benin
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by spacks(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
grin i bought this for 3,500 last night cool

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
spacks:
grin i bought this for 3,500 last night cool
Licks mic kiss
See how them freestyle yours.
Pls where you got it from?

2 Likes

Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Slynation:
Chai...I remembered when I used to get berbeque for 3K, very big fish, but the last time I wanted to buy, they told me 7K for one normal fish, not that I cannot afford it, but I don't promote nonsense...!!
Lolzzzz
You don't promote nonsense cheesy cheesy
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by DJInfluence: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
The French fries is what worries me the most. The oil used must be over 6 months old.
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by ahnie: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Anansa0003:
for benin
Things are cheaper in benin nau.
Re: The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira. by Ofemmanu1: 7:29pm On Jan 07, 2023
miracood:
Stop looking for cheap attention...

The lady can lie?!

haa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

African Cuisine / See What I Saw In A Pepsi Drink This Morning(photos) / I Love This Combo So So Much! This Combo Is My Cocaine! Won't feel Alright If...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.