Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

10 Problems Of Short men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Problems Of Short men (855 Views)

Lady Who Trolled On Short Men But Married One, Replies Her Friend / Lady Who Trolled On Short Men But Married One, Slept With Ex Two Weeks To Weddin / Lady Who Makes Fun Of Short Men Marries One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Problems Of Short men by Jackanda1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello everyone, i'm going to be writting about the difficulties and problems short men can relate to.

I happen to be a short guy,in my late twenties. I also happen to have come accross and discussed with some men who happen to be short in my environment. So this post is from close observation and experience. Let's go....

1. Been Mistaken For a Child: This should be the most painful problems short people go through. Since people tend to judge you by your looks, they might approach and even speak to you like they would speak to a child.
Its even worst if you have a baby face with no beards.

I have a short friend, age 26 who taught in a secondary school complain to me that sometimes a visiting parents ordered him on an errant thinking he was a student.

2. Difficulty Finding A Date: If you ask a woman to list the qualities of her dream man, the chance is she would say Tall, handsome, rich etc.

Women prefer to date tall men who can give them a sense of authority and security. In fact, women preference of tall men is a matter of biology, except as a short man, you have other features that could attract her. Even at that, your height still puts you at disadvantage.

3. Difficulty attaining leadership role:
It can be difficult to be appointed a leader no matter how outspoken or confident you are. This is because tall men have an auro of authority and control, a feature that short men lack.

4. You're a mostly disrespected: No one ever gets disrespected like a short man. You'd have people who are quick to dismiss, ignore and look down on you. Your height gives them the confidence they wouldn't have had if you were tall.
It can be worst if you're not rich or prominent.

5. You're mostly Bullied:
I can remember Osita iheme a nollywood actor popularly known as pawpaw talking about been bullied back in secondary school.
It can be devastating to become a meal to a poor self esteem, arrogant and narcissistic fellow who wants to feel powerful by putting you down.

6. Low self esteem: Most short people may develop a low self esteem and lost confidence due to the way people treat or respond to them overtime. If you keep getting dismissed and disrespected you might begin to feel inferior.

7. Difficulty Reaching heights. Like top shelf in the kitchen, grocery stores etc

8. Getting hidden in a crowd. Imagine been covered by the crowd in a crusade ground and not able to see the preacher or struggling to see the screen in a viewing center.

9. Not been able to find you cloth size on the boutique.

10. Add yours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by ThoughtOfYou: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
Jackanda1:
Hello everyone, i'm going to be writting about the difficulties and problems short men can relate to.

I happen to be a short guy,I'm in my late twenties. So as you can see, this post is from personal experience. Let's go....

1. Been Mistaken For a Child: This should be the most painful problems short people go through. Since people tend to judge you by your looks, they might approach and even speak to you like they would speak to a child.
Its even worst if you have a baby face with no beards.

I have a short friend, age 26 who taught in a secondary school complain to me that sometimes a visiting parents ordered him on an errant thinking he was a student.

2. Difficulty Finding A Date: If you ask a woman to list the qualities of her dream man, the chance is she would say Tall, handsome, rich etc.

Women prefer to date tall men who can give them a sense of authority and security. In fact, women preference of tall men is a matter of biology, except as a short man, you have other features that could attract her. Even at that, your height still puts you at disadvantage.

3. Difficulty attaining leadership role:
It can be difficult to be appointed a leader no matter how outspoken or confident you are. This is because tall men have an auro of authority and control, a feature that short men lack.

4. You're a mostly disrespected: No one ever gets disrespected like a short man. You'd have people who are quick to dismiss, ignore and look down on you. Your height gives them the confidence they wouldn't have had if you were tall.
It can be worst if you're not rich or prominent.

5. You're mostly Bullied:
I can remember Osita iheme a nollywood actor popularly known as pawpaw talking about been bullied back in secondary school.
It can be devastating to become a meal to a poor self esteem, arrogant and narcissistic fellow who wants to feel powerful by putting you down.

6. Low self esteem: Most short people may develop a low self esteem and lost confidence due to the way people treat or respond to them overtime. If you keep getting dismissed and disrespected you might begin to feel inferior.

7. Difficulty Reaching heights. Like top shelf in the kitchen, grocery stores etc

8. Getting hidden in a crowd. Imagine been covered by the crowd in a crusade ground and not able to see the preacher or struggling to see the screen in a viewing center.

9. Not been able to find you cloth size on the boutique.

10. Add yours

In other words, God made a mistake creating short men and short people in general?
Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Jackanda1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
ThoughtOfYou:

In other words, God made a mistake creating short men and short people in general?
Nope. There are advantages of been short too.
But in this thread, we focus of the disadvantage.
Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Siminialaye20(m): 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2023
Life no balance. Even tall people have what is bothering them. Just embrace nature
Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Vinnie2000(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Most Short Men I Know Have Sharp Mouths and Girls Fear dem alot.
OP, Why are you different? sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Orgasmgiver123(m): 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
Falz and wizkid can't relate

1 Like

Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by DONFRANSKID(m): 3:14am On Jan 08, 2023
ThoughtOfYou:

What's is your height?
Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Ednut03: 3:26am On Jan 08, 2023
I can relate. I'm short and very ugly. Women avoid me like plaque
Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Siminialaye20(m): 5:56am On Jan 08, 2023
It's a blessing in disguise. Use that time to work on yourself, make money and the rest will be history. Women are distraction.
Ednut03:
I can relate. I'm short and very ugly. Women avoid me like plaque
Re: 10 Problems Of Short men by Jackanda1(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Most Short Men I Know Have Sharp Mouths and Girls Fear dem alot.

OP, Why are you different? sad

Not all the points listed in the post relates to me personally. Though i have had the experience of been treated like a child expecially when i suffered social anxiety and depression some years ago.

I'm writting also from my observation of other short people i have interacted with.

Today, i'm a confident person who is able to navigate his social environment and assert himself.

(1) (Reply)

I Am About To Serve My Girlfriend Breakfast Today!!! / :) / I Gave Him Everything But He Broke My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.