Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT (44579 Views)

Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Ofunaofu: 5:52am On Jan 08, 2023
The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting (NSPM) Plc also called MINT, Friday, explained why the new Naira notes leave ink when rubbed on plain white surfaces while stressing that best international best practice was followed in their production.

The company, also referred to as The MINT, is responsible for producing the naira, Nigeria’s currency.

In a statement on Friday, signed by NSPM’s Managing Director, Ahmed Halilu said its attention has been drawn to various clips, skits, concerns and comments on diverse platforms regarding the quality of the redesigned notes.

Addressing some of the popular criticisms of the new naira notes, Halilu affirmed they were of the same substrates as the existing ones and passed through the same printing processes and finishing procedures.

“It is, therefore, basically the same as the other notes in circulation,” he explained.

“It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added.

“In addition, the second stage of currency printing (intaglio) requires a heavy deposit of special inks with fairly large particles to give a tactile feeling of the portraits as well as other raised prints by way of design.

“One of the properties of intaglio inks is non-solubility in water and ease of transfer (light stain) on plain white materials owing to the size of the particles.

“This is generally a security feature of all banknotes that easily differentiates them from forged or counterfeited notes.”

Halilu further said the best international practices have been deployed in the production of the new naira notes, adding that his agency would continue to ensure that it meets international standards.

“The naira is our legal tender and national symbol. We, therefore, urge Nigerians and other users of the naira banknotes not to subject our banknotes to experiment in order to prove a point,” he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/why-new-naira-notes-leave-ink-when-rubbed-on-white-surfaces-mint/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by saintjimos(m): 5:57am On Jan 08, 2023
My take is that they're many fake in circulation

When dealing with the new note , the security features should be checked

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by dettolgel: 5:58am On Jan 08, 2023
Naija I hail. Actually this is the first time I heard that it is normal for new notes to leave stain on white surface.

336 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Abfinest007(m): 5:58am On Jan 08, 2023
Another excuse

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by DispatcherLagos: 5:59am On Jan 08, 2023
grin

It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added

In other words, the bank notes are counterfeits when issued then becomes original when it gets in contact with dirt and moisture grin

I've always known we are way advanced in techno liegy than every other country on earth

Modified.....CBN or whoever that did that work wasted alot of crayons on painting that paper

226 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 6:01am On Jan 08, 2023
Abfinest007:
Another excuse
you did not read it else you wouldn't have made this comment.

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets heavier with time and those help to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.
They could be lying but that's the summary of what they are saying, for those that read only the headline.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect,. grin

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by ilovenicloe(f): 6:08am On Jan 08, 2023
Second hand country

33 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by LilMissRobbie(f): 6:12am On Jan 08, 2023
End time country

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Wawelexy(m): 6:21am On Jan 08, 2023
See excuse ooo.... Naija and defending stupidity are like 5&6 grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by sweetonugbu: 6:24am On Jan 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Suunnn(f): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting (NSPM) Plc also called MINT, Friday, explained why the new Naira notes leave ink when rubbed on plain white surfaces while stressing that best international best practice was followed in their production.

The company, also referred to as The MINT, is responsible for producing the naira, Nigeria’s currency.

In a statement on Friday, signed by NSPM’s Managing Director, Ahmed Halilu said its attention has been drawn to various clips, skits, concerns and comments on diverse platforms regarding the quality of the redesigned notes.

Addressing some of the popular criticisms of the new naira notes, Halilu affirmed they were of the same substrates as the existing ones and passed through the same printing processes and finishing procedures.

“It is, therefore, basically the same as the other notes in circulation,” he explained.

“It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added.

“In addition, the second stage of currency printing (intaglio) requires a heavy deposit of special inks with fairly large particles to give a tactile feeling of the portraits as well as other raised prints by way of design.

“One of the properties of intaglio inks is non-solubility in water and ease of transfer (light stain) on plain white materials owing to the size of the particles.

“This is generally a security feature of all banknotes that easily differentiates them from forged or counterfeited notes.”

Halilu further said the best international practices have been deployed in the production of the new naira notes, adding that his agency would continue to ensure that it meets international standards.

“The naira is our legal tender and national symbol. We, therefore, urge Nigerians and other users of the naira banknotes not to subject our banknotes to experiment in order to prove a point,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/why-new-naira-notes-leave-ink-when-rubbed-on-white-surfaces-mint/
Astonished!
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by dynicks(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2023
NIGERIA OUR COUNTRY!!

UNA DOINGS DEY ON ANOTHER LEVEL....KAI!!

30 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by datopaper(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2023
Where are we going?

2 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by skillsinnigeria: 6:43am On Jan 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by tuoyoojo(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2023
This is my take

This new note is not enough and would be unable to replace the old

With the new law of 20,000 max cash withdrawal coming into effect on the 9th of January and the old notes becoming outdated on the 31st , the demand for the new note would surge

This is done to stampede vote buying in Feb, after the election, we may return back to the old note o

4 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Amspecial: 6:43am On Jan 08, 2023
shocked
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 08, 2023
Why did the old ones not leave stains?... how a country steals from itself is mind boggling.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by SouthSouth1914: 6:44am On Jan 08, 2023
This note can easily be faked! Especially for people who launder substandard notes. All they need do is add COLORING to their final product(s).

14 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by SmartPolician: 6:44am On Jan 08, 2023
These people hurriedly printed these notes

11 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Irupetepete: 6:44am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit is to improve the texture of the note, the note gets harder with time and those helps to differentiate it from the counterfeit ones.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect, it has come to stay. grin
it is not the same... Have tested both...
Got mint of the old note from the atm then compared with the new one... The new one looks and feel like the counterfeit of the old one....
Na rubbish dem do for that new note, extreme rubbish...

My plan is to save as much as I can before Nov, sell whatever I can sell and leave this brain draining country...
The worst aspect of it is, urchins do not see anything wrong in all the doings of this fucking government....
Take for instance, we don't have popcorn corn in Nigeria... It used to be 8k per bag during gej regime but now 24k...this is one of the business graduates use to augment themselves...
Why close border on thing not produced here or things we are not self sufficient of....
Now, they are about to kill pos business too...
Baking that ladies use to make ends meet, the prices of materials have soared into high heaven...
He no go ever better for everybody still supporting this government and their party, including their generation and children. Spits

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by SouthSouth1914: 6:45am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit is to improve the texture of the note, the note gets harder with time and those helps to differentiate it from the counterfeit ones.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect, it has come to stay. grin

Your explanation is the most nonsensical explanations yet, I have read in my entire life! The note gets harder with time? Does the note has particles of IRON?

Foolish people really exist!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Olawumi1032(f): 6:46am On Jan 08, 2023
No problem
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by backnbeta(f): 6:46am On Jan 08, 2023
The redisigned notes are obviously substandard undecided

11 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Curious345: 6:46am On Jan 08, 2023
Corruption

9 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by 7arrows: 6:47am On Jan 08, 2023
dettolgel:
Naija I hail. Actually this is the first time I heard that it is normal for new notes to leave stain on white surface.

They just try to defend themselves. Liars and thieves. The same note u claim will be in circulation is not yet in the banks. Una no get shame.

12 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by UselessBuharist: 6:47am On Jan 08, 2023
Na aboki also dey In-charge. Don’t worry we will know what went wrong during production when Obi is sworn into office

11 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 6:48am On Jan 08, 2023
Irupetepete:
it is not the same... Have tested both...
Got mint of the old note from the atm then compared with the new one... The new one looks and feel like the counterfeit of the old one....
Na rubbish dem do for that new note, extreme rubbish...
That's what they are saying, I haven't tried it and i don't have that time either

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Capernum: 6:48am On Jan 08, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by jamace(m): 6:49am On Jan 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Blowing grammar as usual to cover failure.

In other climes, education is power, BUT in Nigeria, education is crime...So sad.

9 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by jasonex4(m): 6:50am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets harder with time and those helps to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect,. grin

So why did the 1000 naira note not wash in 2005 when it was first released??

17 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 6:50am On Jan 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Your explanation is the most nonsensical explanations yet, I have read in my entire life! The note gets harder with time? Does the note has particles of IRON?

Foolish people really exist!
You mean my explanation is different from what they wrote or what they wrote is wrong? Your answer will tell you how sensible you are

2 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by jasonex4(m): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

You mean my explanation is different from what they wrote or what they wrote is wrong? Your answer will tell you how sensible you are

Lol...i think we all misunderstood your sarcasm for support...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery / CBN To Intervene In Forex Market, Lifts Ban On 43 Items / Femi Otedola , Wife and Children In Lovely Picture To Celebrate Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.