Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT (44597 Views)

Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 7:20am On Jan 08, 2023
wirinet:

Does what the CBN say make any sense at all. They are just talking without actually saying anything. Why is the printing process for the new notes different from the old ones. Is it not the same company that's printing the new notes? Why did the texture of the old notes not improve with dirt?
Furthermore, they failed to explain why the new notes stain white paper or white clothes. What happens if you mistakingly wash the new notes?
what they are saying basically is that , everything is the same, I don't also believe them hence I have tried it
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by UselessBuharist: 7:20am On Jan 08, 2023
bnbash:

For your information I am Hausa/Fulani. So make your judgements

You guys are Terrorists

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by sematec(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2023
These notes can just replace litmus paper for acid and base test.
Why would a currency note leaves traces of color
its fake just like every other fake currency out there.
APC bend on destroying nigeria currency identity before they leave office

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by wirinet(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

what they are saying basically is that , everything is the same, I don't also believe them hence I have tried it
If everything is basically the same, then why the need to shalaye, when they have never needed to explain before?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by oakin: 7:24am On Jan 08, 2023
My take is this...... Nairaland should do a brain check on those who pass comments on it site. Many nairalande5s are half baked and semi illiterate fellow who by mistake just sit in the comfort of their home and pass irritating comments

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Menclothing: 7:24am On Jan 08, 2023
Substandard money you print those host hailing you b4 will.nkg be happy soon
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Darkseid(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2023
tuoyoojo:
This is my take

This new note is not enough and would be unable to replace the old

With the new law of 20,000 max cash withdrawal coming into effect on the 9th of January and the old notes becoming outdated on the 31st , the demand for the new note would surge

This is done to stampede vote buying in Feb, after the election, we may return back to the old note o
This is exactly what I'm thinking.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
grin

It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added

In other words, the bank notes are counterfeits when issued then becomes original when it gets in contact with dirt and moisture grin

I've always known we are way advanced in techno liegy than every other country on earth

Modified.....CBN or whoever that did that work wasted alot of crayons on painting that paper

Instead of them to keep quiet, and accept their L in peace.

Even the new notes, I never hold one. ATM keeps dispensing old notes, and CBN have started counting down to January 31.

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by NofiuFade(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2023
backnbeta:
The redisigned notes are obviously substandard undecided
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Brushstrokes20: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! undecided..

Pathetic bunch of animals in human skin trying stupidly hard to defend the indefensible! undecided undecided

FYI, THE OLD NOTES DO NOT STAIN!
STOP THE LIES!

Buhari and emefiele combo is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!... # satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY!
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Joezik(m): 7:27am On Jan 08, 2023
tuoyoojo:
This is my take

This new note is not enough and would be unable to replace the old

With the new law of 20,000 max cash withdrawal coming into effect on the 9th of January and the old notes becoming outdated on the 31st , the demand for the new note would surge

This is done to stampede vote buying in Feb, after the election, we may return back to the old note o

Think again ..fake are in circulation looking as original.

Forget those nonsense security measures
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Pimine: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

you did not read it else you wouldn't have made this comment.

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets heavier with time and those help to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.
They could be lying but that's the summary of what they are saying, for those that read only the headline.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect,. grin
Don't believe every rubbish you are fed. Those mint notes wey you dey see before dey commot color? Those mint notes wey we dey carry do happy birthday dey commot colour? Which dust have they come in contact with? Why do you choose to be fooled all the time?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by iamsolasoul(f): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2023
I have never seen this money. Don’t like even having huge sums on hand it probably is affected by hot temperatures meaning we made it cheaper but spent more money as usual collect it and put it back in the oven so it can dry well dem rush monopoly
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by HardMirror(m): 7:35am On Jan 08, 2023
saintjimos:
My take is that they're many fake in circulation

When dealing with the new note , the security features should be checked
no. They produced low quality notes and are trying to decieve us that it is normal
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Professor822714: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2023
[Anytging aboki does must have problem quote author=Ofunaofu post=119823963]
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/why-new-naira-notes-leave-ink-when-rubbed-on-white-surfaces-mint/[/quote]
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by BabaO2: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2023
@Ahmed Alilu, you are clueless as expected, no need to defend the substandard new naira notes, if you subject both fresh mint of the old naira and your new colored mint, the new one bleaches why the old mint doesn't?
You should have been bold enough to demostrate same experiment with fresh mint dollar with your fresh mint new colored naira in public
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by MrBroke(m): 7:42am On Jan 08, 2023
The security features on both new and old notes are the same, it's just the color difference. I wonder why a citizen of a country would be so ignorant no to know this things. Even with sleepy eyes I can be able to identify a fake from an original. About the stain, that's a major blow but saying the currency can be easily replicated, that's you being ignorant because it is the same as the old and if you can't identify that it is your fault
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by SouthSouth1914: 7:44am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

lol, easy way out. just thank me and move on, I only don't like it when people rush to comment based on the headline when the body contains a different information.

Trying so hard to disassociate yourself from your comments. Haha
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by intruder15(m): 7:44am On Jan 08, 2023
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by AMI3(m): 7:48am On Jan 08, 2023
This excuse is not enough Bros try harder. If u do something wrong y don't u admit and try to improve on it or tender apology it doesn't takes much.

I don't if there is any government that accept blames?

I blame the youth because most of us will still support and applaud them because of party affiliation.

Y can't the youths retire this old men with no brain?

I weak for this country
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Crumbian: 7:53am On Jan 08, 2023
wirinet:

Dem no even change colour. Dem only remove some colours from the original colour profile to reduce ink. I am sure to make it cheaper.

The whole thing just summarizes Buhari's administration. They take something that is okay-ish, something that is manageable and make it worse.

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Pymetrics: 7:54am On Jan 08, 2023
People are just looking for every opportunity to discredit this administration. This is not new. I could recall in my junior secondary school days, we will roll new five naira note with white paper, sit on it or press it severally and the five naira would print on the white paper. Same for other paper notes too. Why the fuss now?
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by JuanDeDios: 7:55am On Jan 08, 2023
dettolgel:
Naija I hail. Actually this is the first time I heard that it is normal for new notes to leave stain on white surface.

Me too. So much grammar to explain water-soluble money. Shame.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by udemzyudex(m): 7:58am On Jan 08, 2023
That 500 looks like #20, if you no dey patient you fit change am for person for trying to give you #20 instead of #500
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by JuanDeDios: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets heavier with time and those help to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.
They could be lying but that's the summary of what they are saying, for those that read only the headline.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect,. grin
Well, they're probably lying. I've mistakenly washed the old notes a few times and they were intact. But reports on mistakenly washed new notes speak differently. This looks like water-soluble money being explained with 'plenty grammar'. Shame.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Nchenches: 8:00am On Jan 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/why-new-naira-notes-leave-ink-when-rubbed-on-white-surfaces-mint/

Square peg in round hole explaining intaglio. Are the new Naira notes the only currency in the world? No other currency puts out ink except Halidu's new Naira notes.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Akpacha(m): 8:01am On Jan 08, 2023
Them say international best practice, abeg una we dey use dollars, dollars de stain?
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Nchenches: 8:02am On Jan 08, 2023
dettolgel:
Naija I hail. Actually this is the first time I heard that it is normal for new notes to leave stain on white surface.

The man is oozing falsehood. Product of nepotism.

Another product of nepotism shall soon organise Census exercise for Nigeria. Waste.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by DJInfluence: 8:04am On Jan 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Your explanation is the most nonsensical explanations yet, I have read in my entire life! The note gets harder with time? Does the note has particles of IRON?

Foolish people really exist!
look in the mirror mate! He basically explained what they said in simple terms for you to understand. But apparently you still didn't get it. Nothing he says was made up or nonsensical. You can rather claim the MINT explanation is nonsensical but not his because he basically explained their statement which I think is accurate ( his explanation). The MINT on the other hand maybe bullsh**ing us.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by sapele914(m): 8:04am On Jan 08, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
grin

It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added

In other words, the bank notes are counterfeits when issued then becomes original when it gets in contact with dirt and moisture grin

I've always known we are way advanced in techno liegy than every other country on earth

Modified.....CBN or whoever that did that work wasted alot of crayons on painting that paper
Yet no Naira in your savings account? Poverty stricken Wailer.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by tonyshine01: 8:08am On Jan 08, 2023
Like we've not handled new notes before.
mycar:

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Tonygeesm(m): 8:13am On Jan 08, 2023
Another aboki at the aim of affairs, I am not surprised

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Updated: Sortcodes And Address Of Gtbank / Femi Otedola , Wife and Children In Lovely Picture To Celebrate Valentine / Femi Otedola Having Lunch With Temi, His Daughter, Mr. Eazi’s Wife To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.