Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,342 members, 7,836,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT (44613 Views)

Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Orire01(m): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2023
omo
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 6:51am On Jan 08, 2023
jasonex4:

So why did the 1000 naira note not wash in 2005 when it was first released??
That question goes to them. What I pointed out is that they are not making an excuse, they could be lying but not an excuse at all

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by bnbash(m): 6:54am On Jan 08, 2023
UselessBuharist:
Na aboki also dey In-charge. Don’t worry we will know what went wrong during production when Obi is sworn into office
Aboki is in-charge? CBN governor is Aboki right?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by GorillaApp(m): 6:56am On Jan 08, 2023
dettolgel:
Naija I hail. Actually this is the first time I heard that it is normal for new notes to leave stain on white surface.

And you believe them grin

The pounds and dollars also do leave stains

3 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Elidrisy20: 6:58am On Jan 08, 2023
God punish emiefele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by dyera(m): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2023
saintjimos:
My take is that they're many fake in circulation

When dealing with the new note , the security features should be checked

The security feature of the old note did not need to be checked because it's very difficult to create a lookalike, unlike the new note that is single color.

3 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Mirasteel: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2023
It might be the fake one
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by UselessBuharist: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2023
bnbash:

Aboki is in-charge. Wait for Obi to be sworn in and then get rid of the Aboki.

You don’t know how to greet when you mention an elder? You nor get respect
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
grin

It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added

In other words, the bank notes are counterfeits when issued then becomes original when it gets in contact with dirt and moisture grin

I've always known we are way advanced in techno liegy than every other country on earth

Modified.....CBN or whoever that did that work wasted alot of crayons on painting that paper
The most annoying thing is dollar ll still rise before Buhari leaves office. The printing didn't stop their opponents from looting and they that are in power that's looting only looted more. It was a lose-lose situation for all.

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by ige101(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

That's what they are saying, I haven't tried it and i don't have that time either

So why defending what you have not tried? This explanation they came up with is just not acceptable. They know it's fake noted they produced and might lol for ways to mop them out of circulation in the coming months

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by nakoks(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

you did not read it else you wouldn't have made this comment.

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets harder with time and those help to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.
They could be lying but that's the summary of what they are saying, for those that read only the headline.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect,. grin
Let us act like we don't know anything and agree
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by chichriso: 7:02am On Jan 08, 2023
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by lexy2014: 7:04am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets heavier with time and those help to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.
They could be lying but that's the summary of what they are saying, for those that read only the headline.

So, to me, anybody that goes about washing or scrubbing the note to test its quality, is on his own. Treat the note with respect,. grin

Do the old notes leave ink when rubbed on plain white surfaces?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by miniziter(m): 7:04am On Jan 08, 2023
APC can defend anything eh.

2 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Abfinest007(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

They are saying that the quality of the new naira note is same as the old one, if you get a newly printed old naira note, it will exhibit the same quality, the high ink deposit helps to improve the texture of the notes, the note gets heavier with time and those help to differentiate it from the counterfeited ones.

another excuse . what's the difference between d old and d new if both color fade away easily .stop defending mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2023
ige101:

So why defending what you have not tried? This explanation they came up with is just not acceptable. They know it's fake noted they produced and might lol for ways to mop them out of circulation in the coming months
Defend what? I was only telling someone that they are not making up an excuse, excuse is when you admit your mistake but in this case, they are doing the opposite.
English comprehension is really a big problem in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Laughingkk: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2023
Suunnn:

Astonished!
Must you quote the full.........the fool
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by lexy2014: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

That's what they are saying, I haven't tried it and i don't have that time either

Then what exactly are you defending?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by bnbash(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2023
UselessBuharist:

You don’t know how to greet when you mention an elder? You nor get respect
For your information I am Hausa/Fulani. So make your judgements
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by lexy2014: 7:08am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

Defend what? I was only telling someone that they are not making up an excuse, excuse is when you admit your mistake but in this case, they are doing the opposite.
English comprehension is really a big problem in Nigeria

If they aren't making up an excuse, what are they doing?

Based on your superiority in English comprehension, what is the opposite of excuse?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by SouthSouth1914: 7:09am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

You mean my explanation is different from what they wrote or what they wrote is wrong? Your answer will tell you how sensible you are

The article is gibberish. You trying to explain what is said in the article is even worse!

Conclusion- Nothing to explain in a failed experiment by the CBN. They should recall back the Naira notes, and tender an apology to Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Nauttyprof(m): 7:09am On Jan 08, 2023
dettolgel:
Naija I hail. Actually this is the first time I heard that it is normal for new notes to leave stain on white surface.

Even Dollar notes have been tested to exhibit same. So, let's stop attacking everything that comes from Nigeria
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 7:12am On Jan 08, 2023
lexy2014:

If they aren't making up an excuse, what are they doing?

Based on your superiority in English comprehension, what is the opposite of excuse?
they could be lying or telling the truth, and this you can only know when you do a close comparison
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by wirinet(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2023
mycar:

Does what the CBN say make any sense at all. They are just talking without actually saying anything. Why is the printing process for the new notes different from the old ones. Is it not the same company that's printing the new notes? Why did the texture of the old notes not improve with dirt?
Furthermore, they failed to explain why the new notes stain white paper or white clothes. What happens if you mistakingly wash the new notes?

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Suunnn(f): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2023
Laughingkk:

Must you quote the full.........the fool
Elaborate please
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by FireUpNow(m): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2023
Wicked and incompetent set of people in top places. I weak for this government and party

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Crumbian: 7:16am On Jan 08, 2023
backnbeta:
The redisigned notes are obviously substandard undecided

They didn't redesign anything, na only the color dem change to sepia mode

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by mycar: 7:17am On Jan 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

The article is gibberish. You trying to explain what is said in the article is even worse!

Conclusion- Nothing to explain in a failed experiment by the CBN. They should recall back the Naira notes, and tender an apology to Nigerians
lol, easy way out. just thank me and move on, I only don't like it when people rush to comment based on the headline when the body contains a different information.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by wirinet(m): 7:17am On Jan 08, 2023
Nauttyprof:

Even Dollar notes have been tested to exhibit same. So, let's stop attacking everything that comes from Nigeria

Which dollar has been tested to exhibit the same? New Dollar bills does not stain white paper. I have seen dollar bills made in the 90s still looking new. The new N1000 bill I was given yesterday dated 2023 looked old and wrinkled already. This was a bill made less than 1 month ago.

1 Like

Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by tk4radi: 7:18am On Jan 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/why-new-naira-notes-leave-ink-when-rubbed-on-white-surfaces-mint/

LIKE PETER-OBI WOULD ALWAYS SAY:

“We are not supposed to know about all these technical jargons, if they were not giving excuses for their failures..
Why would they fail in the first place?
All these explanations are not supposed to be for us.”
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by Shalashaska: 7:18am On Jan 08, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
grin

It is, however, important to note that new banknotes are generally light when issued, then become heavier in circulation on getting in contact with dirt and moisture,” Halilu added

In other words, the bank notes are counterfeits when issued then becomes original when it gets in contact with dirt and moisture grin

I've always known we are way advanced in techno liegy than every other country on earth

Modified.....CBN or whoever that did that work wasted alot of crayons on painting that paper

Lol
Re: Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT by wirinet(m): 7:19am On Jan 08, 2023
Crumbian:

They didn't redesign anything, na only the color dem change to sepia mode
Dem no even change colour. Dem only remove some colours from the original colour profile to reduce ink. I am sure to make it cheaper.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nike Opens Flagship Store In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Femi Otedola Having Lunch With Temi, His Daughter, Mr. Eazi’s Wife To Be / Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.