Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Is Religion A Delusion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion A Delusion? (363 Views)

How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion A Scam? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Is it not funny that different body of religion are always trying to prove that their messiah is the original representative of God?
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
Is it not funny that different body of religion are always trying to prove that their messiah is the original representative of God?
Religion is a man-made construct, yes. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Religion is a man-made construct, yes. undecided

Jesus, Mohamed, Vishnu, etc, made out of the construct?
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
Jesus, Mohamed, Vishnu, etc, made out of the construct?
What is your definition of religion? undecided
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 12:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is your definition of religion? undecided

I do not have a definition of religion. Even if i try, My definition will be based on world’s standard of religion practices.

Religion is supposed to be a method of inner engineering. Why does it have to come with the worship of an individual is my question.

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
■I do not have a definition of religion. Even if i try, My definition will be based on world’s standard of religion practices.
Religion is supposed to be a method of inner engineering.

■Why does it have to come with the worship of an individual is my question.
1. Then why did you give me a list of names of what seemed historical figures, and then asked if they were man-made? undecided

By the way, supposed to be, according to whom? undecided

2. Well, what do you mean by worship? You should start by defining these things. undecided
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Then why did you give me a list of names of what seemed historical figures, and then asked if they were man-made? undecided

Aren’t those names associated with the top 3 religion out here? You cannot mention the top three without mentioning their individual representatives.
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
■Aren’t those names associated with the top 3 religion out here?

■You cannot mention the top three without mentioning their individual representatives.
1. They may be associated but is religion a man or a system built around a man? undecided

2. That you can mention the individual doesn't necessarily mean individuals has much to do with the religion in question, does it? undecided
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Then why did you give me a list of names of what seemed historical figures, and then asked if they were man-made? undecided

By the way, supposed to be, according to whom? undecided

2. Well, what do you mean by worship? You should start by defining these things. undecided

1,a - according to the religion intended practices. “Love thy neighbor as yourself” is a method of inner engineering.

2. “In Jesus name”
“According to Mohamed”
“Etc, are all worship of individuals in religion itself.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by sonmvayina(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
Because you mention jesus amongst those figures that's why he suddenly becomes inquisitive...

Jesus is even the fictional one amongst those figures..

They are all crap....

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. They may be associated but is religion a man or a system built around a man? undecided

2. That you can mention the individual doesn't necessarily mean individuals has much to do with the religion in question, does it? undecided

1. Both.

2. “No one can come to the father except through me” (EXCEPT THROUGH ME) Meaning you have to accept the validity of his being before you can see OUR father. No Christian can pray without mentioning Jesus. (No offense to the Christian folks here, I am only centering on Jesus because I am more conversant with his religion doctrines)
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
1,a - according to the religion intended practices. “Love thy neighbor as yourself” is a method of inner engineering.

2. “In Jesus name”
“According to Mohamed”
“Etc, are all worship of individuals in religion itself.
1. What religion would that be given that that commandment is found written as part of the Law of Moses I.e. the National Constitution of the State of Israel given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan? That Law is no religion. undecided

2. "According to the Constitution of the United States".... does this mean I worship the United States then? You need to clearly define what you mean here so we are on the same page. undecided
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:

I do not have a definition of religion. Even if i try, My definition will be based on world’s standard of religion practices.

Religion is supposed to be a method of inner engineering. Why does it have to come with the worship of an individual is my question.

Religion means "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."

Therefore, in the end what you have is to take whatever mode of living that you think is good for you, and follow it.

In the end if it is good for you, then you are the one who enjoys the good and if it is bad for you, then you are the one who suffers from the badness thereof!

So your Life or death, your choice!

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
1. Both.

2. “No one can come to the father except through me” (EXCEPT THROUGH ME) Meaning you have to accept the validity of his being before you can see OUR father. No Christian can pray without mentioning Jesus. (No offense to the Christian folks here, I am only centering on Jesus because I am more conversant with his religion doctrines)
1. How is religion a man? undecided

2. So, you believe Jesus Christ to be a religion because you cannot go to His Father except through Him? undecided
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by yomi007k(m): 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Therefore, in the end what you have is to take whatever mode of living that you think is good for you, and follow it.

In the end if it is good for you, then you are the one who enjoys the good and if it is bad for you, then you are the one who suffers from the badness thereof!

Truth!
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What religion would that be given that that commandment is found written as part of the Law of Moses I.e. the National Constitution of the State of Israel given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan? That Law is no religion. undecided

2. "According to the Constitution of the United States".... does this mean I worship the United States then? You need to clearly define what you mean here so we are on the same page. undecided

I see what you did here, I am impressed by your response.

The motives behind my post is the way religion is being practiced or has always been practiced. I feel that for there to be a free flow of connection between you and the creation source, there shouldn’t be a third party, a middle man.
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Carcholce: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Thank you.
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:
I see what you did here, I am impressed by your response.
The motives behind my post is the way religion is being practiced or has always been practiced. I feel that for there to be a free flow of connection between you and the creation source, there shouldn’t be a third party, a middle man.
The way I define it, Religion is a system that is built on doctrines and traditions conjured up in the minds of men and designed by men with the intention of wielding authority and power over the minds and lives of their fellow men. That middleman is the one running the scam that is called Religion. undecided

Here's a not so well known fact. Jesus Christ presented to those He was sent to call 2 things
■ A Constitutional Law
■ The Kingdom of God, the Nation in which the Law applies

And the mandate He gave to all of them was to obey His Law for that is the only way to serve/honor(worship) Him, who is the King in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is Religion A Delusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
Carcholce:

Please how do you ascertain that something is Delusion? undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Sanitized Word Of God / Spiritual Finance: Usdt-arbitrage Opportunity For First Borns Of Nigeria (FBON) / Have You Thought About This Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.