Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV (10991 Views)

Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Dogshow(m): 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
Gone are the days where HRs or Recruiters employ jobseekers based on their skills, expertise and competencies. We are in an era whereby most Nigerian jobs are based on recommendations, referrals, amongst others.

Mine was even before I graduated from school that I've been rolling out multiple CVs due to the fear of the unknown, and not a single feedback up until now. I really do not know maybe there's something I'm just not doing right or is a Nigeria factor happening to everybody.

I would like fellow nairalanders to share their experiences.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by sunnymighty(m): 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dogshow:
Gone are the days where HRs or Recruiters employ jobseekers based on their skills, expertise and competencies. We are in an era whereby most Nigerian jobs are based on recommendations, referrals, amongst others.

Mine was even before I graduated from school that I've been rolling out multiple CVs due to the fear of the unknown, and not a single feedback up until now. I really do not know maybe there's something I'm just not doing right or is a Nigeria factor happening to everybody.

Yes, all the places I have worked till date.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by macjurek(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Yes,CV has got me Interviews and a have gotten employments

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by malonephill(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
macjurek:
Yes,CV has got me Interviews and a have gotten employments
help me too

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Hollyharjii: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Please help a brother too, studied Banking and Finance HND holder
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by GoldSantana: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
No, got my first two jobs through recommendations

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2023
Visit the baba wey do am for me. Sharp sharp, you go get job.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Juanmike(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes; to be an urchin in at the federal uni of Zombiesm. Buy I rejected the offer when I realize how difficult the school is.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by TheChameleon: 10:33am On Jan 09, 2023
Plenty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by atobs4real(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2023
yes. but job is gotten thru man know man
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by stevedeey(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes, sure.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Mindlog: 10:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes, my present job.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Deicide: 10:35am On Jan 09, 2023
CV + Cover letter ✔️

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by OboOlora(f): 10:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes Op!
But LinkedIn is more reliable.

Recruiters scout LinkedIn for who to recruit like yahoo boiz scout babalawo shrines for where to do strong oshole.

Update your LinkedIn page and make it ‘rich’ and watch recruiters bombard your page with offers.

Goodluck!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Honestfrend: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2023
I have on several occasions..

Seems u need 2 do some work on ur cv.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by NaijaCover(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Not Really

ThankGod For Blogging Business

Without Blogging Business, Nobody will know About And His Bad News Thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by OGwales(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Never... No be naija

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Sirchiboy: 10:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Dogshow:

Same here.
Applied over 100 jobs yet no show

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by NaijaCover(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2023
OGwales:
Never... No be naija

Is Following Your Comment.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Be a Job creator.... its easier to find partners who would venture into your well thought out business plan which you have initiated into reality even if its 10%..

Business opportunities are thought out in the period of need.. what you raised is a problem in the society, the urge should be on seeking a solution rather than amplifying the problem..

GAP as a clothing coy was thought out because they never had his size of jean in the stores, he could have complained to the manager to mandate the company to deal with his problem.. but he started a multimillion dollar company that solved a problem..

Find the solution in your problem.. thats your grace..

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Gabriel459(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2023
AderonkeOlaniyi:
Visit the baba wey do am for me. Sharp sharp, you go get job.

Where?
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2023
Start ur own business today n become a CEO tmrw
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by chimezie1283: 10:39am On Jan 09, 2023
A good CV + God's Grace

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Gabriel459(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2023
GoldSantana:
No, got my first two jobs through recommendations

Help a brother with one pls
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by ariesbull: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2023
Dogshow:

all jobs I got was through CV till I stopped working
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by seunlayi(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Same here.
Applied over 100 jobs yet no show

Very possible to get appointments thru sending CV out. Gave jobs to many thru seeing their CVs.

try to get more relevant skills, am always interested in the skills aspect.... Its a major aspect in recruiting. And you may end up not searching for jobs once you got the necessary skills as you may end up bn the one asking for others cv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Gabriel459(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Start ur own business today n become a CEO tmrw

How, where is the capital?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Higgies(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by VeryBoi(m): 10:43am On Jan 09, 2023
If i see 2k like this....i fit cry. 8123810136 OPAY

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by lajid: 10:43am On Jan 09, 2023
Why type of question is this? How do you intend to get one without a cv, huh (at least in most cases).

Cv + God will do the magic
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV by Elidrisy20: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2023
Gone are the days, just get strong connections

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnappers Use SMS Job Interview Invitation To Kidnap Job Seekers / Schneider Electric Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Call Centre Agent Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.