Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? (18863 Views)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by AboveTheRim(m): 3:36pm On May 05, 2022
I have been thinking about this for a while now. Do you know anybody who by chance had the opportunity of meeting their Representatives and Senators in the National Assembly who facilitated their employment quest? Especially for federal government jobs?

Abi are they just there to chop money and sleep during plenary sessions?

Share your experiences

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Vincyman: 3:40pm On May 05, 2022
Not at all sir

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by AboveTheRim(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2022
Vincyman:
Not at all sir

Really?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by KUNZEH(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2022
Northerners make sense the problem na Southern Representatives

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Namiji4319: 8:18pm On May 05, 2022
I have seen and heard many of them here in the north, though some of dem na sell dem dey sell, seems the southern politicians use to sell their own to northern politicians. The southerners should channel their strength to their politicians...I have more than 200 examples, my elder brother is an example, he got a nice FG job with pay of more than 300k a month

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Danat: 8:28pm On May 05, 2022
Well I haven't but I know 3 guys (my roommates from ABU) who all got nice FG jobs through their senator from Katsina State. One is a DSS officer and the other two are in a federal poly. To answer the second part of your question, it could be true that legislators from the south exchange their slots for money or intangible favours. I'm from plateau state, and I know a lot of guys here who got FG jobs through my house of reps member. They don't just sleep In the chamber. Almost anything you see in this country is shared by quota and they get slots for almost everything; from NDA admission, to scholarships abroad, jobs, Npower, anything wey people dey apply sha. Your reps or senator, or your state commissioner at federal character commission in Abuja. Hope this helps

145 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by AboveTheRim(m): 11:03pm On May 05, 2022
Danat:
Well I haven't but I know 3 guys (my roommates from ABU) who all got nice FG jobs through their senator from Katsina State. One is a DSS officer and the other two are in a federal poly. To answer the second part of your question, it could be true that legislators from the south exchange their slots for money or intangible favours. I'm from plateau state, and I know a lot of guys here who got FG jobs through my house of reps member. They don't just sleep In the chamber. Almost anything you see in this country is shared by quota and they get slots for almost everything; from NDA admission, to scholarships abroad, jobs, Npower, anything wey people dey apply sha. Your reps or senator, or your state commissioner at federal character commission in Abuja. Hope this helps

Thank you for the indepth review

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by shortIGBOman: 5:42am On May 06, 2022
In the North, people get Federal Jobs and even some major company Jobs, through their Senator's, House of Reps members and Ministers. I got my first job through my then Senator. I never knew him, never met him. But I went to National Assembly armed with my CV.

After gaining access into National Assembly complex, I asked my way and was directed to Senate wing and to his office. I met his secretary initially. She told me to drop my CV, that other job seekers from the Senator's senatorial district also submit their CV's. As I was about going, the Senator came in.

I hailed him (every politician loves that). He asked some few questions about me. I told him all he needed to know. He promised to see to it that I get a Job. He asked me to drop my phone number with the secretary. He also gave me 10k for transport. This was about 10 years ago.

About a month later. The secretary called me and asked me to proceed to Immigration HQ for immidiate employment. I went there, after documentation, they sent me to their Zaria office for induction and training. I later left Immigration after few months. Cause it's not a job of my dream. I for don go far for Immigration by now. I started with one pin.

Always give it a try. Your house of Reps members and Senator's are accessible. Approach them with your CV. It's no longer easy to gain access Into the National Assembly now, due to the rise in Insecurity. But before now, you can just walk freely to the National Assembly. Through the small gate, you will be asked your purpose of coming to the NA, when you explain to them your mission, they will grant you access. But things have changed now. They will only allow you access when you have an appointment with any Senator or HR member. But you can always track them to their private residence, club, the bar they hangout or their residence in the village.

The truth is, they also need the masses as much as we need them for job help. This is the period where they need the masses more. As election don come. No Senator or HR member will insult you when you approach him with your CV. The highest he will do is to collect your CV and dump it. But it's better you give it a try.

You can also access them via their friends or close Allies in their constituencies. They always have some local politicians, elders or friends in their community that, they respect so much. You can approach such people, drop your CV with them and plead with them to help you pass it to the Senator or HR member.

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Spherical77(m): 6:14am On May 06, 2022
shortIGBOman:
In the North, people get Federal Jobs and even some major company Jobs, through their Senator's and House of Reps members and Ministers. I got my first job through my then Senator. I never knew him, never met him. But I went to National Assembly armed with my CV.

After gaining access into National Assembly complex, I asked my way and was directed to Senate wing and to his office. I met his secretary initially. She told me to drop my CV, that other job seekers from the Senator's senatorial district also submit their CV's. As I was about going, the Senator came in.

I hailed him (every politician loves that). He asked some few questions about me. I told him all he needed to know. He promised to see to it that I get a Job. He asked me to drop my phone number with the secretary. He also gave me 10k for transport. This was about 10 years ago.

About a month later. The secretary called me and asked me to proceed to Immigration HQ for immidiate employment. I went there, after documentation, they sent me to their Zaria office for induction and training. I later left Immigration after few months. Cause it's not a job of my dream. I for don go far for Immigration by now. I started with one pin.

Always give it a try. Your house of Reps members and Senator's are accessible. Approach them with your CV. It's no longer easy to gain access Into the National Assembly now, due to the rise I. Insecurity. They will only allow you enter when you have an appointment with any Senator or HR member. But you can always track them to their private residence, club, the bar they hangout or their residence on the village.

The truth is, they also need the masses as much as we need them for job help. This is the period where they need the masses more. As election don come. No Senator or HR member will insult you when you approach him with your CV. The highest he will do is to collect your CV and dump it. But it's better you give it a try.

You can also access them via their friends in their constituencies. They always have some local politicians, elders or friends in their community that, they respect so much. You can approach such people, drop your CV with them and plead with them to help you pass it to the Senator or HR member.
So apt. Thanks for the insight!

Btw, i wish i could get the opportunity you had with the immigration or any FG job. Even If i don't like it a bit, I'd stay put until a much better offer suffice.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Donaluta(m): 8:55am On May 06, 2022
Lol mine did not chat with me again after I mentioned federal job

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by frank2zee: 9:23am On May 06, 2022
shortIGBOman:
In the North, people get Federal Jobs and even some major company Jobs, through their Senator's and House of Reps members and Ministers. I got my first job through my then Senator. I never knew him, never met him. But I went to National Assembly armed with my CV.

Always give it a try. Your house of Reps members and Senator's are accessible. Approach them with your CV. It's no longer easy to gain access Into the National Assembly now, due to the rise in Insecurity. But before now, you can just walk freely to the National Assembly. Through the small gate, you will be asked your purpose of coming to the NA, when you explain to them your mission, they will grant you access. But things have changed now. They will only allow you access when you have an appointment with any Senator or HR member. But you can always track them to their private residence, club, the bar they hangout or their residence in the village.

You can also access them via their friends in their constituencies. They always have some local politicians, elders or friends in their community that, they respect so much. You can approach such people, drop your CV with them and plead with them to help you pass it to the Senator or HR member.

When you say "one pin"...do you mean "one star"?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by shortIGBOman: 10:04am On May 06, 2022
frank2zee:

When you say "one pin"...do you mean "one star"?

Yes. That is Assistant Superintendent of Immigration 2 (ASI 2) After six months, the ASI 2 will be confirmed. He will now become a 2 star. Which is ASI.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by frank2zee: 12:07pm On May 06, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Yes. That is Assistant Superintendent of Immigration 2 (ASI 2) After six months, the ASI 2 will be confirmed. He will now become a 2 star. Which is ASI.

Allow him to answer by himself na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Hotzone(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2022
No

Now I create job

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Afonjamuslim24(f): 12:40pm On May 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by optimistD(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2022
I had one senator uncle. He just picked one of us to be his personal driver. The graduate of Mech. Engr. Is still driving him around after 10years now. The guy dey even form for me as a politician driver. He seems happy. But I know my uncle is a stupid man.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Soso990240(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2022
Those ones are useless. Na very few of them de help. Although i know a friend that joined the military through a Senator, Ekweremadu to be precise.. but majority of them only care about their family.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Dakagara: 12:41pm On May 06, 2022
Eh

"stop wasting money on music producers" when You can produce industry standard songs on your phone for free I am looking for 100 interested people to teach how to produce a studio quality song on your android phone with all the softwares all for 1000 naira only , are you interested, do you want to start producing your own songs message me on WhatsApp now o9ol46l4984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ1tWGaNmhU&t=9s

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by nony43(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2022
Lmao. Whose your zaddy?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by boldking(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
No! They're all useless I mean all of them.....see as them dey rig election to tinubu even before it start

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Ekakamba: 12:42pm On May 06, 2022

Yes!

I got a blo.w job through my distinguished Senator, Papalolo.

grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by kcdendelo: 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
The Answer is mtcheeeeeew

3 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
Danat:
Nice and well detailed.
South South.
Over to you guys.

Still on the below screenshot,
Naija youths, Wake Up

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
Are they employers of labour? Nepotism is the reason why qualify applicants don't get employed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by yomalex(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2022
Hmm
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by BigDawsNet: 12:44pm On May 06, 2022
Nope

I knew some that boaster about securing a job tru senators... after the job process... she eventually got the job...

I also knew someone that boaster about securing a job tru his house of rep... baba still dey submit cv till now...

So forget about ur God Father...

Almighty God is the overall God father!!!

17 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 06, 2022
Danat:
Dan uwa!

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by SarkinYarki: 12:44pm On May 06, 2022
They help but only people they know ..some of them I know even sell their Job slots

5 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Boyooosa(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2022
Alot of stuffs to be fixed in Nigeria....alot

4 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by chaddy16: 12:47pm On May 06, 2022
Senator of where I reside or my hometown. I don't even know the road to my hometown talkless of knowing the senator representing them. The only senator I know is Dino melaye grin

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Ports Authority Recruitment Commences / Thank You Nairaland.. I Got Employed To ABM Group, Owerri Branch / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.