Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi (314 Views)

Atiku: I'II Defeat My Opponents The Way Arsenal Defeated Chelsea / Falana: You Negotiate With Terrorists, Dialogue With EndSARS Protesters / Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by nairavsdollars(f): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2023
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, on Sunday said he would dialogue with the members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and other agitators to restore peace in the country if elected president in the 2023 general elections.

Obi, who said this during the Town Hall meeting organised by Channels Television in Abuja tagged ‘The Peo­ple’s Town Hall’, said he will employ the carrot and stick approach tactics first by engaging the agitators before wielding the big stick.

When asked what he will do to agitators whose cases are pending in courts and those who have been jailed, Obi who appeared alongside his running mate, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, said he will bring out those who are in jail and dialogue with them.

He said, “Like I said in the short term, the history of in­surgency and agitation is to sit down and discuss with them. We are in a democratic dispen­sation, you govern by discuss­ing and consensus. I will sit down and discuss with every agitator without exception to any of them. We must use car­rot and stick.

“I will discuss with those who want to dialogue. You have to look at what is causing agitation today. It is the issue of injustice, lack of fairness, unemployment, poverty and other factors. When you start addressing these issues and en­gage them in a discussion, you start bringing them to the table.

“We all have agitators around us. My children, ev­erybody agitates. We sit down and discuss it. When they see reason, they agree with me. But to think that you can continue with this injustice, unfairness, poverty and level of unemploy­ment, young people not know­ing where the next meal will come from, we have a crisis on our hands.

“I will discuss with every­body. Even if you are in prison, I will go and bring you. Even if you have been jailed, I will bring you out and discuss with you. That’s why I said carrot and stick. We first dangle the carrot before we apply stick. This is a democratic dispensa­tion, you don’t just get up and give orders. I won’t do that. I will govern by rule of law. I will govern by sitting down and dis­cussing with everybody.

https://independent.ng/ill-dialogue-with-all-agitators-including-those-convicted-obi/

1 Like

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by taylor88(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2023
Guys I was able to get my PVC two days ago

See struggle & frustration

Then I came to have a deep thought on how a Nigerian will go through this hell just to get a PVC

And at the end you’ll vote one vampire that lick’s microphone

Omo una get mind oo

5 Likes

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by oyin44: 8:06am On Jan 09, 2023
Even those convicted on serious charge

imagine, Nigerian police killers..obi

Truly ,This one is biafra president.

Inshort....obi cannot win

2 Likes

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by okosodo: 8:06am On Jan 09, 2023
That is the right thing to do if hatred has not taken the heart

1 Like

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by SLAP44: 8:06am On Jan 09, 2023
That's the right thing to do. Heal the nation and every hands will be on deck to move Nigeria forward.

Peter Obi has all the best answers to Nigeria problems.

6 Likes

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by Afamed: 8:07am On Jan 09, 2023
The Chief IPOB terrorist commander has spoken.

May we never return to the days of Abukakar Sheka again in Nigeria

Since Shilloh and other church programs where he always attended to seek votes ended in Dec, this fraud is ready to consult Amadioha for votes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by Naira20: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2023
Peter Obi pepper dem

4 Likes

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 8:12am On Jan 09, 2023
God bless you Mr President

You're the best among the rest

4 Likes

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by gidgiddy: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2023
Buhari thought that using military might is how you quell agitation. He only ended making things far much worse

3 Likes

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by gasparpisciotta: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2023
Obi does not understand governance at Federal level.

He wants to invite BH and ISIS to the villa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by benuejosh: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2023
It is rather unfortunate that you won’t win.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by Afamed: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2023
gidgiddy:
Buhari thought that using military might is how you quell agitation. He only ended making things far much worse

This one always speaks with 2 sides of his mouth. In one forum, you criticized PMB for de radicalizing BH. In another forum you are here licking Obi sh o e for planning to negotiate with terrorist. The god of confusion in your DNA is grade 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by Think9ja(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2023
Even after the courts have already judged by sending someone to prison, you'll still bring him out and discuss with him. Discuss what exactly?

Sha, what do you expect from someone who takes advice from mad man

Nothing this man will do or say that will not make sense to his followers

Tufiakwa

Sai Atiku

1 Like

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by SLAP44: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Obi does not understand governance at Federal level.

He wants to invite BH and ISIS to the villa

Are they not living there now?
Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by Johnpeter3021: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2023
Burna Boy Sheds Tears As His Lamborghini Aventador Worth 800 million Naira Lands In Nigeria, He is Now Bigger Than Wizkid and Davido

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opzv8bK22pk
Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by gidgiddy: 9:22am On Jan 09, 2023
Afamed:

This one always speaks with 2 sides of his mouth. In one forum, you criticized PMB for de radicalizing BH. In another forum you are here licking Obi sh o e for planning to negotiate with terrorist. The god of confusion in your DNA is grade 1

Buhari deradicalised Boko haram? Really? I wonder why he didnt remember that when he was declaring operation Python dance and sending Soldiers to go and shoot down unarmed Biafran agitators

1 Like

Re: I'II Dialogue With All Agitators Including Those Already Convicted - Peter Obi by nairavsdollars(f): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2023
Nonsense
Johnpeter3021:
Burna Boy Sheds Tears As His Lamborghini Aventador Worth 800 million Naira Lands In Nigeria, He is Now Bigger Than Wizkid and Davido

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opzv8bK22pk

(1) (Reply)

Political Tears: 9 Nigeria Politicians Who Cried In Public / Nigerians Problem Vs National Cake: Tinubu's Major Interest! / Politics ogun 2023: APC Supporters Join Labour Party In Abeokuta South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.