Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review (14839 Views)

Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. / Avatar The Last Airbender 2024: Honest Review / Download Link / Download Avatar: Way Of Water Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by CsRockefeller(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
tuzle:
It is not as good as the first. The visual carried the movie non the less. U could get tired because of the long run time of the movie. Otherwise nothing special that u haven't seen before

I agree completely. Not good as the first.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Prodadd(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
Daviestunech:
I download this movie the 2160p through a torrent site about 13gig..I still never get better time watch am...still on my phone.

The quality is superb..image below
the graphics is superb. 13,GB what?
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Daviestunech(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Prodadd:
the graphics is superb. 13,GB what?

Yes 13gig
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by albanikeh001: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
Movie wasn't bad. Will easily give it 7 over 10. However, it should be noted that it did badly at box office grossing. What I don't get is why they had to wait that long to do a part 2 undecided

Lest I forget, for those of you thinking this movie is the best stuff after slice bread, kindly devote time to watch INTERSTELLAR by Christopher Nolan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by iceberg02(m): 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
Daviestunech:
I download this movie the 2160p through a torrent site about 13gig..I still never get better time watch am...still on my phone.

Please help me with download link
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Kingcalls: 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
DyshApp:
In 2009, a director named James Cameron set out to create a nearly three-hour-long film about blue alien creatures in a war with humans for dominance over an alien planet. Now, thirteen years later, Cameron is at it again. But is it too late for this film to be released? Do people still want what Cameron has to offer, and is this movie even worth the watch?

Do u know he was the one that directed Titanic in 98 and is one of the biggest movie Directors of all time, director of the transformer franchise ...a qualified scientist...and u introduce him as one director

6 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by CaptainFM1: 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
Have you seen "Avatar, The moon walker"?
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
As I like film reach e go take me 1 week to complete this long movie haba

3hours for wetin grin
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by CaptainFM1: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
DyshApp:

I completely agree when viewing the movie I could feel how much effort was put into making it the actors themselves were brilliant no wonder its breaking box office records,what's your favorite part of the film?

Did you know that the script for Avatar Part 1 was ready well before he wrote Titanic?
He had to wait for years because the technology to pull the effects in avater wasn't ready and they had to do so much R & D to get it right.
Little wonder it's the all time grossing movie till date.

This is why I don't watch Nigerian movies because they can produce a movie in 1 or 2days with N10,000.

6 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Flamemignon1(m): 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2023
You can make a great movie from a very simple story—James Cameron. The story was super generic, nothing complex but the visuals were stunning especially when you watch it in 3D,James is known for visuals not his story
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by oluedward(m): 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
I really enjoyed the movie, James Cameron is one of my favorites. The quality is top notch and the duration is even ok for me, maybe because I'm used to watching long YouTube videos sha. The part I love most is about that intelligent Tulkun(payakan) and the way it was introduced into the whole story.

9/10 is what I'm giving... Spoiler alert! Dywane Johnson (the rock) dey the movie ooo, but na errand boy him be. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Anndrew(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Daviestunech:

what is the name of the site,where u download the movie
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Flamemignon1(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
albanikeh001:
Movie wasn't bad. Will easily give it 7 over 10. However, it should be noted that it did badly at box office grossing. What I don't get is why they had to wait that long to do a part 2 undecided

Lest I forget, for those of you thinking this movie is the best stuff after slice bread, kindly devote time to watch INTERSTELLAR by Christopher Nolan.
You obviously don't know what you are saying, it's getting to 1.9B on an almost 500mil budget so please get your facts right

Moreover,you don't have to push one down to uplift another,James isn't known for his stories as they don't quite require critical thinking,his stories are somewhat simple for people to relate to, he's rather known for visuals,Nolan on the other hand is known for his stories and how much depth they possess , there's room for both to thrive in Hollywood

4 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by ihollarmide(m): 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Daviestunech:

Wow, I have seen the movie in 3D and would like to watch it again but I haven't had the time. This dubbed version seems manageable. Could you please share the torrent link.
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Nobodysboo(m): 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
shocked I never watch am

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by phr0nesis(m): 12:59am On Jan 17, 2023
Kingcalls:

Do u know he was the one that directed Titanic in 98 and is one of the biggest movie Directors of all time, director of the transformer franchise ...a qualified scientist...and u introduce him as one director
Transformer ke.
Transformers 1,2,3,4 were directed by Michael Bay
Cameron did Terminator 1 and 2, True Lies, Aliens, Titanic (as you mentioned above), etc

3 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by phr0nesis(m): 1:03am On Jan 17, 2023
albanikeh001:

$1.9 billion and counting is what you call doing badly?

2 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Akalia(m): 2:18am On Jan 17, 2023
DyshApp:
In 2009, a director named James Cameron set out to create a nearly three-hour-long film about blue alien creatures in a war with humans for dominance over an alien planet. Now, thirteen years later, Cameron is at it again. But is it too late for this film to be released? Do people still want what Cameron has to offer, and is this movie even worth the watch?
Very engaging movie, every single scene was a marvel loaded with mind blowing CGI simulation. Watching the movie was like a virtual adventure for me. Running 3hrs plus, full of intriguing suspense.
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 17, 2023
It's annoying for starters.
More than half of the screen time was spent exploring the "imaginary" waterworld like some kind of documentary! The story progressed so slowly and lacked depth.

It's more of a showcase of CGI skills rather than a movie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by scobaba: 5:20am On Jan 17, 2023
Great Visuals.
Great action sequence.

Too lengthy tho.

Currently sitting at No 7 in the all time box office. It should end up at no 2_3 after its final run.
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by enemmo(f): 5:50am On Jan 17, 2023
I haven't seen it yet, Not a fan of the first movie..I couldn't even finish it..slept off midway.

I will see it later later later

1 Like

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by ceaser: 6:16am On Jan 17, 2023
Movies, hmmm.

Holywood is adept at showing its audience true life events that has been, is, or will be, subliminally thru the screen.

Avatar for instance, is a representation of a number of events that is occurring in the new world. How the US and the west attack nations that have rare earth resources in order to loot these resources without accountability. This is something that has been happening in a lot of African countries and even black nations like Hiati.

Do you know that Hiati is currently being occupied by the US military not because of the crude oil or nickel deposits, nah, those ones are secondary. That nation has the second largest deposit, after South Africa, of a rare earth metal called Iridum. Iridium is the only known element with the highest temperature resilience and is used in the construction of space vehicles. This element is present majorly in meteorite and a huge meteorite mountain (probably from a meteorite drop from space) is present in Haiti. It has tons of iridium that if mined is worth not less than 50 billion dollars. Even most Haitians don't know this secret.

Now to the movie representation of this. Black Panther is a subliminal message about Haiti. Vibranium Mountain is Iridium mountain in Haiti. Hiati is technically Wakanda.

Do you think it was a coincidence that Hiati was featured in the last Wakanda sequel - Wakanda Forever? Hiati was featured as the place the son of Black panther was to be raised.

Soylent green, a 1979 movie depicts a dystopian future where food is scarce and only the rich, wealthy and mighty politicians have access to thing such as meat while the others down the ladder are fed a "manufactured food" called soylent green. In the movie, it was later discovered by a curious policeman that soylent is made from recycled human flesh from those that die amongst the population.

There is currently a drive in some places in the west to legislate cannibalism as a way of life. In fact, there is a restaurant that has been allowed by law to serve its customers human meat. Google this please.

Jurrasic Park latest movie - Jurrasic world dominion - showcased genetically modified locusts that are so effective that they decimate any large farm vegetation they attack within minutes. These locusts are engineered to have affinity for any crop that is not bioengineered (non GM crops) but spare any GM crops. As a farmer therefore, your business can only survive if you purchase GM seeds from the company that sells them. In the movie, the company ensured ni connection was made between them and the locusts, which of course will be tagged as natural disasters. So they get insanely rich from selling locust resistant GM crops to anyone that has interest.

Back to year 2020,the covid outbreak era.

https://zeenews.india.com/world/locust-attack-in-covid-19-coronavirus-hit-africa-2278973.html

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/locusts-africa-hunger-famine-covid-19/

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/04/1061482

You can connect the dots.

A quick look at Bill Gates acquisition of swathes of farmland.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/residents-furious-bill-gates-farmland

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/bill-gates-asked-why-hes-buying-so-much-us-farmland-heres-his-answer-in-freeforall-ama/ar-AA16lDCc

https://www.pressenza.com/2022/12/battle-for-the-earth-the-great-reset-and-totalitarianism-vs-the-real-green-revolution/

So the idea here is that he aims to have the sole right to food supply, like in the days of his computer where he makes the virus and sells you the antivirus. Also most of these lands he acquired are directly over water aquefiers. This means he has sole right to water bodies directly under his lands.

Farmers are also currently being discouraged from engaging in animal husbandry quoting an increased in production of environmental nitrogen from such activity. Their governments have legislated to impose animal tax for such farmers, the tax increases with your number of animals you rear. The alternative? You will be provided with "Lab grown meat" made from GM (genetically modified) soy.

https://climatesciencenews.com/2021-04-14-bill-gates-reveals-reasons-behind-farmland-purchase-biofuels-gmo.html

Bill Gates has at sometime been pushing for the adoption of GM crops for farmers in Africa.
https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/bill-gates-support-of-gm-crops-is-wrong-approach-for-africa/

Also in Australia, school children are being fed bugs as lunch in school. This is at an experimental stage though but it is just a matter of time.

https://newspunch.com/wef-endorsed-bugs-and-insects-force-fed-to-children-in-1000-australian-schools/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I7E_wBSinY

Before you tag these as conspiracy theories, know that many conspiracy theories have turned out to be true by the time they were redacted. The accusation of some British and American politicians as engaging in child trafficking for prostitution in Epstein Island is one of such. Then they were attacked and tagged conspiratorialists, but eventually the truth came out and in order to protect the big names of the patrons Epstein,a former CIA agent "died" in his cell. How convenient.

Also "conspiracy theorists" was actually a term coined by the government to dismiss people called "critical thinkers".

2 Likes

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Penywise(m): 6:27am On Jan 17, 2023
It's very boring and long. I walked out of the cinema after the fight in the big ship. It has amazing visuals but the story is just boring.
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Penywise(m): 6:28am On Jan 17, 2023
crows2ravens:
It's annoying for starters.
More than half of the screen time was spent exploring the "imaginary" waterworld like some kind of documentary! The story progressed so slowly and lacked depth.

It's more of a showcase of CGI skills rather than a movie.

This is very true. No need to say more

1 Like

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by SMUAG(m): 6:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Great but not as the first one...
8/10
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Adewale1603(m): 6:50am On Jan 17, 2023
Haven't watch the first avatar
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Kingcalls: 7:22am On Jan 17, 2023
phr0nesis:

Transformer ke.
Transformers 1,2,3,4 were directed by Michael Bay
Cameron did Terminator 1 and 2, True Lies, Aliens, Titanic (as you mentioned above), etc

Sorry, I meant Terminator franchise
Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by muazuk1(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2023
Movie was dope most especially as u progress into watching it. Your interest level increases.
Good work Good movie.

1 Like

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2023
The movie is good, but most naija people like simple films that nollowood produces, they cant understand the complicated plots in the avatar film, most dont even understand what is being said even though its in english, you have to explaining to someone whats about to happen or what is happening, seen that lot at cinemas here, very annoying, you begin to wonder whether their eyes, ears and brains are for decoration only.

1 Like

Re: Avatar: The Way Of Water Movie Review by QueTeddy: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2023
quentin06:
The movie is good, but most naija people like simple films that nollowood produces, they cant understand the complicated plots in the avatar film, most dont even understand what is being said even though its in english, you have to explaining to someone whats about to happen or what is happening, seen that lot at cinemas here, very annoying, you begin to wonder whether their eyes, ears and brains are for decoration only.

Lolz, what plot is complicated?
That was very much average from Cameron.
And in a way it also extends to Black panther.

There are installments still so I believe the real story is yet to come, this might just be a filler.

The graphics and CGI are very dope tho but the storyline/plot is weak.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NTA Signs Broadcast Production Agreement With The Nigerian League. / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) / Where The Hell Is "The Blacklist" Thread??!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.