Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Am Suffering From A PTSD - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Suffering From A PTSD (1403 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / Am Suffering!! I Need Help. Please.... / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Something happened to me that till this day, the memory holds me. Basically, I was wrongly accused and humiliated in public even though I was trying to speak for myself.

Ever since then, I’ve been quite distant from everyone around me. People think I am snubbish, etc but the truth I realise is that the trauma just keeps coming everytime. I can’t shake it off.

Also it is so bad I just don’t know who to trust to open up about it. But i still feel it.

I wish i could really explain this to someone, but trauma is real.

Honestly, I can’t find a reason to still be alive because the incident around the situation broke me completely. I ve managed to crawl myself slightly away from it, but honestly, every now and then i still feel this heavy weight on my chest that I have to pull out . I can’t explain it, but I wish this never happened

Any advice

3 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Prechgold1180(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2023
Try eat first
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
Prechgold1180:
Try eat first

Bro, money is not the issue, I swear.
This is more of an emptiness and just no desire to keep going, because, what is the point
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Karleb(m): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
So I was watching Bill Burr special last week (Paper Tiger). The guy is a great comedian.

He talked about how he was sexually assaulted by a lady. The lady grabbed his crotch unprovoked. It messed up his mind just like it did yours.

His own solution was meditating and forgiving the said lady.

So, try to put yourself into their shoes, practice meditation and forgive them. You could go for therapy if you have the time and money or just talk to someone close in your life about it.

Or you could just take your revenge if you could. angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by yomi007k(m): 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
Bro, we share certain similarities;
1. I also don't trust people even my family members.

2. People also think I am snubbish.
I honestly dont care what any Nigerian thinks of me.

3. I have been depressed in the past and suicidal but I thank God I didn't follow that route.

Just be patient you will find peace and happiness soon.
If I can find it then you most certainly can.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Richy4(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
You will need a therapist.. that's what they are there for..

Letting it linger for a long time might be bad.. talk to a professional please..

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by yrhuhfy113: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Roboclopp:
Something happened to me that till this day, the memory holds me. Basically, I was wrongly accused and humiliated in public even though I was trying to speak for myself.

Ever since then, I’ve been quite distant from everyone around me. People think I am snubbish, etc but the truth I realise is that the trauma just keeps coming everytime. I can’t shake it off.

Also it is so bad I just don’t know who to trust to open up about it. But i still feel it.

Honestly, I can’t find a reason to still be alive because the incident around the situation broke me completely. I ve managed to crawl myself slightly away from it, but honestly, every now and then i still feel this heavy weight on my chest that I have to pull out . I can’t explain it, but I wish this never happened

Any advice

ORANGE PILL

If you want geniune help... TELL YOUR FULL STORY.
when the world turns its back on you.......... YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON THE WORLD.

SEE, no one is worth loosing your peace over.

Vengeance may be best, so you can heal.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Socratiz: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2023
You can send me a mail.

I am a professional counsellor with specialization in mental health and addiction.

I can help you overcome any trauma.
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
Roboclopp:

Any advice
Go visit a professional mental health counselor to get some needed therapy to help you overcome the problem. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
Karleb:
So I was watching Bill Burr special last week (Paper Tiger). The guy is a great comedian.

He talked about how he was sexually assaulted by a lady. The lady grabbed his crotch unprovoked. It messed up his mind just like it did yours.

His own solution was meditating and forgiving the said lady.
So, try to put yourself into their shoes, practice meditation and forgive them. You could go for therapy if you have the time and money or just talk to someone close in your life about it.

Or you could just take your revenge if you could. angry

Talking to someone, hmnn one thing that troubles me is how i tried to open up to a friend, but then he quickly dismissed it. I think thats why i can’t talk about it again because when the closest person to you dismisses stuff like this, mehn it can be hard.

Bro, tbh, someone even accused me of being stuck up not knowing I am being triggered in the moment and that is my best response. Hard to deal with this man.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
yomi007k:
Bro, we share certain similarities;
1. I also don't trust people even my family members.

2. People also think I am snubbish.
I honestly dont care what any Nigerian thinks of me.

3. I have been depressed in the past and suicidal but I thank God I didn't follow that route.

Just be patient you will find peace and happiness soon.
If I can find it then you most certainly can.

Shalom.

How did you deal with the bit of loosing friends around you?
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by shantti(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
Socratiz:
You can send me a mail.

I am a professional counsellor with specialization in mental health and addiction.

How much u dey charge, I need therapy too
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by shantti(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Go visit a professional mental health counselor to get some needed therapy to help you overcome the problem. undecided

In this Nigeria, every one is depressed, d op might end up being the one to console his therapist sef

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
shantti:
In this Nigeria, every one is depressed, d op might end up being the one to console his therapist sef
Please no jokes abeg! undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by shantti(m): 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please no jokes abeg! undecided

U think it's a joke.
Everyone is depressed in this country
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
Socratiz:
You can send me a mail.

How do I contact you?

I am using a private email, so it will not send an email via nairaland For some reason it is just not working
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Socratiz: 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Roboclopp:

How do I contact you?

I am using a private email, so it will not send an email via nairaland For some reason it is just not working

send mail to socratiz@zohomail.com

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Socratiz: 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
shantti:

How much u dey charge, I need therapy too

Send mail to socratiz@zohomail.com
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Karleb(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
Roboclopp:

Talking to someone, hmnn one thing that troubles me is how i tried to open up to a friend, but then he quickly dismissed it. I think thats why i can’t talk about it again because when the closest person to you dismisses stuff like this, mehn it can be hard.

Bro, tbh, someone even accused me of being stuck up not knowing I am being triggered in the moment and that is my best response. Hard to deal with this man.

I understand man. But you can't continue to live like this.

The people who hurt you have probably forgotten they hurt you, while you are still going around with something that probably happened years ago.

You are the loser in this case.

There was a time something was really bordering me. You know what I did, I spoke to a man that help me photocopy my documents and it helped. grin

You could talk to anyone, even a stranger. Just start with "Can I discuss something that has been bordering me for a while ?" or something like that and in case it's a girl, let her know it's not about love. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Karleb(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
shantti:

Honestly, with the way Nigeria is right now. I seriously do not doubt this your comment.
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by yomi007k(m): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
Roboclopp:

How did you deal with the bit of loosing friends around you?

Well, I learnt to accept the fact that we all will be alone in the end and friends will be lost as everyone have their own plans/dreams that takes them away. I associate with co workers tho and relate well with my clients.

I also changed alot of my lifestyle. I became more introvert , read more widely which made me have inner peace.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by frozen70(f): 1:16am On Jan 10, 2023
Roboclopp:

Any advice

You are actually sinking into depression and you are not even making any plans to come out if it

Becareful before you kill yourself because no body believed you when you said the truth

If you die, no one will feel your departure

So unchain yourself from the shackles and relocate to where you can start another life
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Greatdand007(m): 3:10am On Jan 10, 2023
Karleb:

Honestly, with the way Nigeria is right now. I seriously do not doubt this your comment.

That’s not true am not depressed am living fine

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by jclassiq(m): 3:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Socratiz:
You can send me a mail.

What's your email?
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Ndidi2: 5:22am On Jan 10, 2023
Roboclopp:

Any advice
kpele..
May God give you divine comfort.
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Socratiz: 6:46am On Jan 10, 2023
jclassiq:

What's your email?

socratiz@zohomail.com
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by RavagedHeart: 7:21am On Jan 10, 2023
Roboclopp:

Any advice

I can relate to the bolded. most people don't believe PTSD is real until real trauma hits. Most times the only quick way out is immediate vengeance, trying to talk about it to get help makes people think you're telling a long repeated story. grin grin I've been in your shoes for a long time, but I'm getting better inch by inch with each passing year. yes PTSD doesn't go away quickly and it can completely change everything about you.

I'd recommend you stop expecting help from the outside because most people won't even believe you have a problem, because to them you appear better outwards.
my suggestion is you start by searching inwards and experiment with a lot of things to find what makes you feel better. In my case, I found occasional traveling to new locations does the trick for me. cheesy cheesy

I pray you never lack the fortitude to battle it out of your life.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by world123: 9:15am On Jan 10, 2023
Have being before. Just like someone said, forgive them from the depth of your heart. If you need to relocate please do, it will help you forget. Do the things you enjoy doing. Speak positively to yourself, dress well ,eat well and carry yourself confidently. Shun anyone who brings up the issue. It may not be easy but you will be fine.

Good luck!
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 9:55am On Jan 10, 2023
How do you handle when it looks like you are completely avoiding someone almost disrespectfully when actually you are just trying to avoid the triggers you will get when they come around, especially when you are not confident enough to handle the triggers?
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Richy4(m): 10:44am On Jan 10, 2023
Roboclopp:
How do you handle when it looks like you are completely avoiding someone almost disrespectfully when actually you are just trying to avoid the triggers you will get when they come around, especially when you are not confident enough to handle the triggers?

I'm just curious... What do you mean by trigger?.. Do you become violent for no reason when people comes close to proximity? or do you just cry? How does it happen do you have an idea?
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Roboclopp: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2023
Richy4:

I'm just curious... What do you mean by trigger?.. Do you become violent for no reason when people comes close to proximity? or do you just cry? How does it happen do you have an idea?

I freeze, blank out and have nothing to say. Sometimes I quickly fill the suspense with meaningless words when I notice.

It is annoying because i sometimes give the wrong response to questions because somewhere in my mind, responding to certain questions, being in certain places just brings memories I’ve tried to bury away. So I notice i may be evasive
Re: I Am Suffering From A PTSD by Richy4(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2023
Roboclopp:

I freeze, blank out and have nothing to say. Sometimes I quickly fill the suspense with meaningless words when I notice.

It is annoying because i sometimes give the wrong response to questions because somewhere in my mind, responding to certain questions, being in certain places just brings memories I’ve tried to bury away. So I notice i may be evasive
Ok, that's the more reason why you should talk to a therapist...

I'm just wondering now how you can cope with a panel interview.. incase you wanna advance career wise..

Please do so now before it becomes major..

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / That Awkward Moment With African Parents / Traffic Jam In Abuja – The Usual Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.