Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (19974 Views)

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN / Deadline Remains January 31 For Old Naira Notes — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by MadeInTokyo: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
grin
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by JustANairlander(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Is that all?
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Kenneth10110(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin nawa ooh next time if you hear APC na running things . if you are still planning to vote for APC make confirm thunder fire you

As in upon the whole failed promises.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Offpoint1: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nice one
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by leisuretym: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
habsydiamond:
These people sha.. no extention and the currencies never circulate.. na only politician all these their policy dey favour.. these people lack proper planning.. New currencies are can not go round as at now and u want to put a stop to the old ones. Make una continue o

Emefele said start using e Naira, no need for new notes to circulate , the guy man don japa!
To return if Obi win , to remain on asylum if any other win, Nigeria government love fire brigade approach , all the experiments they have been doing with the economy, close border, release Fulani in bushes against farmers, ruga and unemployment , loans in trillions
The idiot couldn’t advise against the huge loans

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Fakbrown: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Funny just saw the new 1k note 2days ago, haven't touched it, the other once still not seen it, very useless and incompetent government

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Same. I have zero business carrying cash around. Transfers and POS all the way.

The bullion van man is bothered though

What efforts have the CBN made to push that campaign in the rural areas?

Until food prices and that of other basic commodities shoot up again, then you'll know all these policies are lopsided and elitist.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
Fakbrown:
Funny just saw the new 1k note 2days ago, haven't touched it, the other once still not seen it, very useless and incompetent government

Incompetent is an understatement.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by femicyrus(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Offpoint1: 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
habsydiamond:
These people sha.. no extention and the currencies never circulate.. na only politician all these their policy dey favour.. these people lack proper planning.. New currencies are can not go round as at now and u want to put a stop to the old ones. Make una continue o
Which part of 'CASH_LESS' policy you don't understand?

The plan was for hard currency to be scrapped out in circulation.

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by NothingDoMe: 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Luckysbab:

What efforts have the CBN made to push that campaign in the rural areas?

Until food prices and that of other basic commodities shoot up again, then you'll know all these policies are lopsided and elitist.
How will this policy make food prices shoot up?

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by ImoleNaija: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
Wahala for anyone wey forget to cash out from his/her piggy bank before the deadline. grin

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Shalashaska: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
This Emefiele is a character.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by BJanta: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
Na lie. If you try that, all of you will soon join your oga in self - exile in Jamaica. You'll soon know that you are the employees and not the employers.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by GorillaApp(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
habsydiamond:
You won't believe it if I tell you my hands have not touched the new note and I happen to handle money on a daily, mostly Transfer though, but still ...

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Nwaezeudo: 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by gommez: 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Initial gra gra una go stil extend am
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HltSong: 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
#1000 notes wey I withdraw come house, I no fit spend am finish...I no fit go that oshi bank go queue to deposit oo.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by tuzle(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
I have only seen the #500 and the old note is supposed to expire on the 31st
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Kenmatt(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
" don dey serve us good news of recent"

Ever since I made that emphasis that and bad news are like 5 and 6, turned a new leaf.

Bravo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kenneth10110:
I support the date must stand. They are pushing for June so they have enough old notes to rig elections.

Nonsense

Is it only politicians that spend?

What about those that have no way to change the old to new?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Kenmatt(m): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Nonsense

Is it only politicians that spend?

What about those that have no way to change the old to new?

How can't you have a way to change the old notes?

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by NaijaCover(m): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kenmatt:
" don dey serve us good news of recent"

Ever since I made that emphasis that and bad news are like 5 and 6, turned a new leaf.

Bravo!!!!

We Cover Everything In Nigeria Via
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
This money dat looks likes contonu money
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
Offpoint1:

Which part of 'CASH_LESS' policy you don't understand?

The plan was for hard currency to be scrapped out circulation.

Useless plan
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by damkin24(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
Dailymice:
You're a big fool if you're a Christian supporting Muslim Muslim ticket. Hope Ganduje's video exposing how they want a Jihad against Christians convinces you.

Mumu Tinubu Christian supporters
I don't understand this kind of wailing. You can't win anybody over with this.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kenmatt:

How can't you have a way to change the old notes?

Tell me how to change it

Don't mention banks.... they're useless to me for now.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
NothingDoMe:
How will this policy make food prices shoot up?

Food/agro commodities mainly come from the rural localities. They don't accept anything different from cash. If I go and buy a trailer of Maize, at the cost of around 6 million, the new withdrawal limit means I have to pay extra 180k or so as PUNISHMENT for requesting for my own money.

Will I not factor in the unnecessary cost into fixing my selling price?

5 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Kenmatt(m): 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Tell me how to change it

Don't mention banks.... they're useless to me for now.

You don't know what you are typing.

Even Point Of Sale attendant can credit your account and collect your cash.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by BlueDuck: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
post=119877343:

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/old-naira-notes-no-extension-january-31-deadline-stands-cbn/

The target of currency change is 2023 election, obviously. Tinubu and his people must be setting up structures for mass funds transfers as we speak but that will surely be a very awkward and risky exercise.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Nwachukwu06: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
Are they smoking something at the CBN?
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by yemmit90: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kenneth10110:
I support the date must stand. They are pushing for June so they have enough old notes to rig elections.

You should rather worry about common man on the streets and not politicians. New naira notes are still almost non-existence, there is no way it will circulate before 31st of January.

Politicians has no problem in getting billions of cash, they have friends, associates, colleagues, sons, daughters, benefactors and countless others in CBN and commercial banks who can get them any amount they need.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buy 9Mobile 1GB(150), Airtel(297), MTN(281) & Glo(240) / CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn / Okpella Mining Site: BUA Group Tells Dangote To Respect The Judicial Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.