Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (19986 Views)

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN / Deadline Remains January 31 For Old Naira Notes — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Confirm4real(m): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
Una dey mad money wey never circulate.

Deadline no dey work for us Stubborn Association of Nigeria.

Una must extend I'm waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Omoapena(m): 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2023
So what happens if one still have the old notes after the deadline date?
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by BlueDuck: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Same. I have zero business carrying cash around. Transfers and POS all the way.

The bullion van man is bothered though

Asiwaju of Bullion must be having sleepless nights cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Kenneth10110(m): 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
yemmit90:

You should rather worry about common man on the streets and not politicians. New naira notes are still almost non-existence, there is no way it will circulate before 31st of January.

Politicians has no problem in getting billions of cash, they have friends, associates, colleagues, sons, daughters, benefactors and countless others in CBN and commercial banks who can get them any amount they need.

CBN gave the deadline warning since when.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by seeyounow: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
tongue tongue tongue

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by gashiwalesman: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
Why do i have this feeling una go extend am?
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by oyezmar: 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ema tan arayin...
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by tempest01(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
If you see the new naira notes used for vote buying, just know it is strictly ALL doing the rigging. Make sure that you don't allow them at your units.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by olaeffect(m): 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
habsydiamond:
These people sha.. no extention and the currencies never circulate.. na only politician all these their policy dey favour.. these people lack proper planning.. New currencies are can not go round as at now and u want to put a stop to the old ones. Make una continue o

I dey tell you.
Unfortunately it is the banks and banker's that Nigerians will put under unnecessary pressure.

I was shocked when I heard the targets banks have been able to reach in counting and depositing the old notes to CBN.
Now to withdraw new notes and service their customers is becoming a big problem.

Imagine a bank moving N2bn cash to CBN and then asking for N500m new notes cash and being given N200m for garri or for eba grin

Then Saka Semiu that deposited N200k old note is at the Dopemu branch of that same bank accusing the staff at the branch of hoarding new notes because they gave him only 20 pieces of new N1k notes undecided

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by unclejb2(m): 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
post=119877367:
Latest Update From CBN Right Now In Nigeria

Proudly Brought To You By
this is actually a very bad news for urchins ho are hoping that Tinubu would win the election by vote buying

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by bonnyhope: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
Where is the new note
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by decent2(m): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
Omoapena:
So what happens if one still have the old notes after the deadline date?
you will not spend it
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by yemmit90: 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kenneth10110:

CBN gave the deadline warning since when.

Are you living in another country or simply don't know what is going on around you?

How many new naira notes you see in circulation less than a month to deadline?

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
Up till now I haven't even touched the painted notes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Thereisstillhop: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Bunch of stupid people. Imagine dragons without fire �.

Una no tell these people that the money never circulate?
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by willecttany(m): 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
U na just dey whine urself
22 days to d deadline bank still dey give us old note to spend, na we go chop d money or na we go dye am to new note��

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by obailala(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
Clowns...

It's the 9th of January and Ive never sighted a single N200 or N1000,yet want to phase out the old notes in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by nedekid: 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nice policy. Warehouse money should not play a role 2023.
Emefiele should be left to do his work till after the elections.
After that, the dss or who ever has evidence against him should pursue him will full force. Even me sef know that man may have skeletons in his cupboard. His way does not seem streight. How can naira be at this state and the economy for goodness sake? Under this Emefiele naira went from 140 to 750!

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Kenneth10110(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
yemmit90:

Are you living in another country or simply don't know what is going on around you?

How many new naira notes you see in circulation less than a month to deadline?
tongue
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Luckysbab:

Food/agro commodities mainly come from the rural localities. They don't accept anything different from cash. If I go and buy a trailer of Maize, at the cost of around 6 million, the new withdrawal limit means I have to pay extra 180k or so as PUNISHMENT for requesting for my own money.

Will I not factor in the unnecessary cost into fixing my selling price?

No farmer who farms at that level that does not operate an account. Abeg, this cashless policy is a very welcomed development.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
obailala:
Clowns...

It's the 9th of January and Ive never sighted a single N200 or N1000,yet want to phase out the old notes in 2 weeks.

It's been circulating here in Abuja though, since it's release.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
post=119877343:

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/old-naira-notes-no-extension-january-31-deadline-stands-cbn/

Well this Emefiele seems to be the Good, Bad and Ugliest CBN Governor that ever liveth in the history of Nigeria.

Common sense tells me his moves by frustrating Bereaue De Change who were pinpointed to be aiding Boko Haram in getting dollars to buy ammunitions, after which he then moved to changing the Naira all of a sudden with a deadline may have frustrated the kidnappers, bandits and looters of our common wealth from enjoying their loot.

Just my observation. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Luckysbab: 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

No farmer who farms at that level that does not operate an account. Abeg, this cashless policy is a very welcomed development.

You must be kidding or are just another part of those "stakeholders" who do not know what is on paper is entirely different from what obtains on the field.

How do people with no bank within 50km plus radius of them operate bank accounts? Even some enlightened elderly folks in cities are averse to technologies, especially relating to money and you are here throwing assumptions about.

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:17am On Jan 10, 2023
Luckysbab:

You must be kidding or are just another part of those "stakeholders" who do not know what is on paper is entirely different from what obtains on the field.

How do people with no bank within 50km plus radius of them operate bank accounts? Even some enlightened elderly folks in cities are averse to technologies, especially relating to money and you are here throwing assumptions about.

My brother, no mama or baba way no get person way go help am save money for bank, make I gist you how this thing day work.

Farmer way day operate millions way day interior village get account for city after buiz them go leave site come town with bako bag way money day inside come deposit and only leave the one way family need for house. Farm buiz na watin I know very well.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by hardon1(m): 12:49am On Jan 10, 2023
And banks are still dispensing old notes
Mumu people

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by gfelo(m): 12:55am On Jan 10, 2023
I am yet to sight the new naira note o, only seeing the pics on nairaland, but have not touch it, is this for real.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by justiz5(m): 1:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Dailymice:
You're a big fool if you're a Christian supporting Muslim Muslim ticket. Hope Ganduje's video exposing how they want a Jihad against Christians convinces you.

Mumu Tinubu Christian supporters
Where can I get the video please
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by jaxxy(m): 1:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Good. Godbless The Cbn.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by jaxxy(m): 1:35am On Jan 10, 2023
habsydiamond:
These people sha.. no extention and the currencies never circulate.. na only politician all these their policy dey favour.. these people lack proper planning.. New currencies are can not go round as at now and u want to put a stop to the old ones. Make una continue o

it will be in all atms by next week or so or u do transfer.

It doesn't favour corrupt politicians. They why they are after him.
Re: Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN by jaxxy(m): 1:38am On Jan 10, 2023
lOXOl:
New money is not readily available shocked hope the banks will be able to attend to the multitude come 31

31? People have to deposit all old cash at hand by next week max.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn / Okpella Mining Site: BUA Group Tells Dangote To Respect The Judicial Process / CBN Investigates Cryptocurrency Companies’ Bank Accounts For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.