Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN (53702 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by hisexcellency34: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has declared that the old Naira Notes of N200, N500 and N1000 have ceased to be legal tender in Nigeria since the 10th of February, 2023.

The declaration was made by the Branch Controller of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Bauchi, Haladu Idris Andaza while briefing Journalists on Monday at the CBN, branch in Bauchi.

He said that “In the last 24 hours, we have been inundated by questions from various angles of the general public about our operational guidelines on the old currency notes, be that as it may, there are so many questions here and there which people have been asking about.”

According to him, So for the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that CBN is ready and is opened to receive all of those old notes based on certain conditions and criteria.”

“Customers are free to come to the Bank and deposit which they cannot do at the Commercial Banks anymore because the currency has seized to be a legal tender since the 10th of this month".

Consequently, the management of the CBN decided that those customers will have a sigh of relief by coming to the offices of the CBN in all the 36 states in the Federation including FCT to deposit their money.

“The customer has to go to the CBN portal and fill a form in the portal, there will be a form there concerning this currency redesign and exchange.”

Andaza further explained that “After filling the form, you generate a code, you either print it or come with it in your mobile phone, give us the code and the information contained therein. In the form, you are expected to provide all the basic information about yourself, your account details and the amount you want to deposit.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/old-naira-notes-no-more-legal-tender-in-nigeria-cbn-declares/

77 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ezeama400: 8:20am On Feb 14, 2023
Urchings should go to Kaduna and deposit their money, or they should all travel to Kaduna in droves to live there to spend it since they have allowed El Rufai to finger their brains grin grin grin

You guys celebrated Buhari on this forum each time he goes against the rule of law, not knowing that tomorrow, Buhari's disregard for rule of law could affect you as well...

Buhari I know will never Obey court order and Emefele and Buhari are two sides of the same coin on this Naira redesign policy ...

Supreme court and urchings In the mud!!!

432 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Laggafin: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2023
Hmmm.. I'm an obidient.. in so far I'm for the naira redesign policy.. Emefiele must not play into the hands of bATs and Urchins who are sabotaging its efforts to cause discomfort in the polity and create chaos and disruptions of the elections cause it has dawn on dem their Bala bulaba crooner will be wotoporously defeated on Feb 25.. Hapi Val to all gallant Citizens who will Vote wisely and obidiently cool

193 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by CharleyBright(m): 8:21am On Feb 14, 2023
Confused and Clueless Buhari and Emefiele have finally driven the country to a point of hopelessness.
Court says old notes are legal tender, CBN says old notes ceases to be legal tender.
Nigerians are left confused.
Nigerians have monies in their accounts but have become beggars because Emefiele and Buhari have decided to be wicked with a good but poorly implemented policy that is slowly driving the country into recession.
Someone should tell the clueless bunch of Buhari and Emefiele that Economics is different from politics. You don't use an economic tool to fight a political war. The Naira note change and cashless policy is a good policy but poorly implemented because of elections.
Nigerians are suffering because of the paucity of New notes.

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Siwisheswereesh: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2023
This one is playing with prison - contempt of court smiley

@all the ignorami (piiggiiddiioootts) quoting me up and down, you guys know more that Femi Falana and other eminent lawyers abi Even the AGF has said the FG will obey the Supreme Court.

Piiggiiddioootts amaka cheesy

76 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by nairavsdollars(f): 8:21am On Feb 14, 2023
Buhari remains the worst Nigerian president ever. See impunity happening under him. CBN can't even respect Supreme Court ruling

149 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Houseontherock1: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2023
They are not talking about how people will have access to their money, they are more concerned about how they will mop up the remaining money. I'm beginning to pity Emefailure now, he seem to be caught in a strong web of propaganda, he's just a tool in the hands of the cabal and Mr Bubu. They chose the right man though, because a man with any integrity would have resigned instead of agreeing to be used to punish his people

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Dreal1247: 8:24am On Feb 14, 2023
Inconsistency is becoming the new name for this Government. But they said that they are abiding by the court ruling.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Lipscomb(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2023
Just like my old naira note was rejected yesterday.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Faiththatworks(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2023
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed for President,Sen. Gov Shettima for Vice president
2023 is a goalllllllllll
PETER OBI WILL NOT WIN THE ELECTION In 2023,TRY AGAIN iN 2027
Like a wonderful economist said yesterday,what the Financial Terrorist, financial kidnapper, Financial bandit called Satanic Emefiele aided by Baba Buhari has done is not currency swap but currency confistication.
Some weeks ago the DSS declared Satanic Emefiele a financial terrorist and I wrote my opinion on some threads defending Satanic Emefiele,alas the DSS was right,the CBN bandit should have been detained and humiliated in the DSS dungeon.
I'm sure the Satanic Emefiele and his family are not going through the pains millions of Nigerians wake up to every morning, trying to collect cash at POS,ATM or even in the bank.
Satanic Emefiele you lied to Nigerians to return all their old currency and said we will be able to withdraw 20000 only daily from our account.
It's more than 2 weeks since we returned our old currency and we are treated like animal in banks whenever we go to withdraw our legitimate funds,we suffer at ATM machines only to be allowed to collect 2000,5000,10000 naira and that's only for the lucky ones.
That's why I will never vote for Atiku and Obi,I'm sure Asiwaju Will retire this bandit from the CBN and hand him over to the DSS to answer for his crime of financial banditry and terrorism.
For every Nigeria that has lost their life because of this Satanic, terroristic, devilish currency confistication policy, their blood is on the head of Satanic Emefiele.
For every trader,farmer, business man and woman who has suffered enormous losses despite working hard legitimately in this very very tough country because of this policy, Emefiele you will die of poverty.
I hope the Supreme Court orders this financial terrorist Emefiele to be arrested and chained in police headquarters for blatantly disobeying a court order.
The financial terrorist knew how to approach the court to get an injunction restraining the DSS from arresting him,but finds it convenient not to obey a superior order restraining him from continuing with his devilish, Satanic, terroristic policy.
God bless Nigeria.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by BossGerald: 8:27am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

Oluwole supreme court injustice

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Siwisheswereesh: 8:27am On Feb 14, 2023
BossGerald:

Oluwole supreme court injustice

Your wahala

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Validated: 8:28am On Feb 14, 2023
Urchins are welcome to Elrufai Bank of Stupidity or they can go to Supreme Court Bank of FOOLISHNESS

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by jyz200(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2023
This policy will breed anarchy cbn should do the needful
Trust me here in lasu we are still transacting with the old note with joy self

72 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2023
Nice one, those that celebrated Supreme Court judgement can now take their old money to Apex court for cash swap grin grin

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by tuborme: 8:28am On Feb 14, 2023
Front page abeg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ruggedniggaone: 8:28am On Feb 14, 2023
Nice one,I hope elrufai and thiefnubuu will not sponsor protest and start burning bank if any riots breakout anywhere in Nigeria Tinubu and his criminal gang will be dealt with seriously

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by gratiaeo(m): 8:29am On Feb 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
They are not talking about how people will have access to their money, they are more concerned about how they will mop up the remaining money. I'm beginning to pity Emefailure now, he seem to be caught in a strong web of propaganda, he's just a tool in the hands of the cabal and Mr Bubu. They chose the right man though, because a man with any integrity would have resigned instead of agreeing to be used to punish his people
Osibanjo would have resign even Emefele

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by oyichi: 8:30am On Feb 14, 2023
Why confusing the public, what are they really up to?, if that is the case, why can't they provide enough new notes, why the scarcity?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by concreteaffairs: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2023
Chai. And i have plenty old notes at home o!

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by pafra(m): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

CBN was not joined in the suit. So relax

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by SensetionalGoal(m): 8:34am On Feb 14, 2023
The clown should be arrested asap... Who is he to disobey Supreme court order

I'm Obidient though.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Validated: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Go and arrest Vuhari.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ezeama400: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2023
Validated:
Urchins are welcome to Elrufai Bank of Stupidity or they can go to Supreme Court Bank of FOOLISHNESS

Abeg make I borrow this ur pix

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Siwisheswereesh: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2023
pafra:

CBN was not joined in the suit. So relax

Irrelevant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Odogwujayy: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2023
Ọ na akọ bullshit!!

11 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Siwisheswereesh: 8:36am On Feb 14, 2023
Validated:

Go and arrest Vuhari.

Emefiele will be arrested instead smiley

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Validated: 8:36am On Feb 14, 2023
jyz200:
This policy will breed anarchy cbn should do the needful
Trust me here in lasu we are still transacting with the old note with joy self
Coninuuu deceiving yourselves

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Sunmolar(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2023
Heights of desperation from CBN 'EMEFIELE'

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Fibonacci88: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2023
Wahala Wahala. See as dem wan set politicians up. Drive to CBN with ur bullion van and see if EFCC wont pick u up.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Tunechi5(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2023
Loll...withdrew old notes yday and still spent it

9 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Validated: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

Emefiele will be arrested instead smiley
For what? CBN says you should go and deposit your old note. However, you will sign a form to explain the source if your explanation and amount are not compatible, your BVN will be locked and EFCC will meet with you.

When Buhari says NO VOTE BUYING, you guys think he is joking.

Una go cry blood!

89 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions / Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace / Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.