Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165316 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=baba11][/quote] hello smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Sissie,based on first impression:I believe she's someone calm,intelligent,talk at great length but doesn't argue after presenting her point,entrepreneur ship minded person,detribalise Nigerian,bold and ready to compromise her standing if she's at fault etc
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
yeyenatu: hello smiley
hi
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
tbaba1234: People wear gloves to the market now!! Hehe...

Ebola scare!!
Ustaz,what should we do about hand-shaking?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:04am On Aug 08, 2014
baba11: Ustaz,what should we do about hand-shaking?

Ustaz? Where? grin

If it is risky, there is no need to engage in hand shaking.

I understand hajj visas to west Africa might be cancelled
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2014
baba11: @Sissie,based on first impression:I believe she's someone calm,intelligent,talk at great length but doesn't argue after presenting her point,entrepreneur ship minded person,detribalise Nigerian,bold and ready to compromise her standing if she's at fault etc

smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
He seemed a bit depressed! When I asked him how he feels, he said he was a bit tired of all the children in the house and going to work every day!

I said to him: whenever you sit with your family, praise Allah that you have children as there are people who wish for what you have!

And whenever you wake up early for work, smile! There are thousands who are jobless and wishing for what you have!

And whenever you are tired from shopping and doing your household chores, be grateful! Tens of thousands of people wish they were fit physically or financially to have what you have!

When you finish praying two rak'ah, praise Allah and smile. There are millions of buried people wishing for what you have!

And when you drive in your car or walk the streets, keep on smiling and praising Allah! Millions live in fear as it is not safe for them and they wish for what you have!

Shouldn’t you be the happiest and wealthiest person on earth?

Shaykh Assim Alhakeem

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Sissie:

smiley
Why sad?didn't I try??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tbaba

Sometimes its just not that easy to overcome depression.

From the way your friend spoke, he probably needs professional help, depending on how long he's been feeling that way, and if nothing else has worked.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
tpia1: Tbaba

Sometimes its just not that easy to overcome depression.

From the way your friend spoke, he probably needs professional help, depending on how long he's been feeling that way, and if nothing else has worked.

You mean psychologist and physiotherapist?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
Any type of therapist.

If he has tried on his own and nothing works, then he has to get help.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
baba11: Why sad?didn't I try??
Your appraisal is more than first impression. More like a thing you gathered over months. Just saying.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
onegig: Your appraisal is more than first impression. More like a thing you gathered over months. Just saying.
Over months?how do you determine the duration of the first impression??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
baba11: Over months?how do you determine the duration of the first impression??
a first impression is the
event when one person first encounters
another person and forms a mental
image of that person.

Different from general perception or impression. I doubt you can collate such large cache of information from just first impressions.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
tpia1: Any type of therapist.

If he has tried on his own and nothing works, then he has to get help.

I have garnered over the years that you don't necessary need third parties to solve some situations e.g psycologist,to solve some major life crisis.You are the only change you need in your life...even if one goes to them,these are some of the things they are going to work on with you.The best is to leave anything bothering you negatively and focus on positive part of life....no matter what happens, life goes on tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
onegig: a first impression is the
event when one person first encounters
another person and forms a mental
image of that person.

Different from general perception or impression. I doubt you can collate such large cache of information from just first impressions.
My first impression on her spanned weeks lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
baba11: I have garnered over the years that you don't necessary need third parties to solve some situations e.g psycologist,to solve some major life crisis.You are the only change you need in your life...even if one goes to them,these are some of the things they are going to work on with you.The best is to leave anything bothering you negatively and focus on positive part of life....no matter what happens, life goes on tongue

You are right, but sometimes people really do need outside intervention to help them cope.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
tpia1:

You are right, but sometimes people really do need outside intervention to help them cope.
like what?psychosis?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Therapist.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
tpia1: Therapist.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 12:23am On Aug 10, 2014
baba11: Why sad?didn't I try??

You did, it was a smile wink smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2014
lipsrsealed
Sissie:

You did, it was a smile wink smiley
Alright shocked
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

"If the wali refused to let a woman marry a man whose religious commitment and character are good, then guardianship passes to the next closest male relative on the father’s side, then the next closest and so on. If they refuse to arrange her marriage, as usually happens, then guardianship passes to the qaadi, and the qaadi should arrange the woman’s marriage. If the matter is referred to him and he knows that her guardians have refused to arrange her marriage, then he should do that, because he is the wali in cases where there is no specific wali. "

The fuqaha’ (may Allaah have mercy on them) stated that if the wali repeatedly refuses marriage proposals from suitable men, then he is a faasiq (evildoer) and is no longer regarded as being of good character or as being a wali, rather according to the best known view of the madhhab of Imam Ahmad, he also forfeits the right to lead prayers and it is not valid to offer any congregational prayer behind him. This is a serious matter
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 1:32am On Aug 11, 2014
why would people repeatedly refuse marriage proposals though?

i find that weird, maybe its just me.

surely everybody proposing cant be unsuitable?

and what exactly is considered unsuitable?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: why would people repeatedly refuse marriage proposals though?

i find that weird, maybe its just me.

surely everybody proposing cant be unsuitable?

and what exactly is considered unsuitable?
..I don't think it's ideal to accept the proposal of everybody that comes your way.Everybody has his/her preference and remember what's good for the goose may not be good for the gander..to really enjoy your marital life,you have to be very selective and money's not everything in life!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
If many men are proposing, how is it possible none of them are what a woman is looking for in a man?

Or why would her guardians ( as stated in the post) keep refusing every offer?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
And did it work? Is he happier? Because he now smiles often?

Even if he smiles like you advised, does his heart feel it?

Being thankful for What you have doesn't always make you a happier person. It doesn't take away what he is feeling. The guy is going through a phase. It isn't that he isn't grateful for the gift of life and cheerfulness and all others. There is something his heart he is longing for. Something, maybe in his past or he foresees in his future that's making him sad. Smiling with his 32 won't make his laughter be deeply felt, to me it'd be like him hiding away his pain. Wrong in every way, if I may say.

So, I go with Tpia1 on this. He needs professional help.

Una well done oo!

Ma salaam!

tbaba1234: He seemed a bit depressed! When I asked him how he feels, he said he was a bit tired of all the children in the house and going to work every day!

I said to him: whenever you sit with your family, praise Allah that you have children as there are people who wish for what you have!

And whenever you wake up early for work, smile! There are thousands who are jobless and wishing for what you have!

And whenever you are tired from shopping and doing your household chores, be grateful! Tens of thousands of people wish they were fit physically or financially to have what you have!

When you finish praying two rak'ah, praise Allah and smile. There are millions of buried people wishing for what you have!

And when you drive in your car or walk the streets, keep on smiling and praising Allah! Millions live in fear as it is not safe for them and they wish for what you have!

Shouldn’t you be the happiest and wealthiest person on earth?

Shaykh Assim Alhakeem

@tpia1
People still attach several other sentiments to the proposal itself. Sometimes it's not the intent but the act itself that turn people off.

And women just tend to go overboard with what they want. Life is simple, living in contentment is even simpler. A lot of us don't get that, and we tend to tread a path of loneliness even in the midst of multitudes. It's boring and it is not the original design. IMO though.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
yeyenatu: And did it work? Is he happier? Because he now smiles often?

Even if he smiles like you advised, does his heart feel it?

Being thankful for What you have doesn't always make you a happier person. It doesn't take away what he is feeling. The guy is going through a phase. It isn't that he isn't grateful for the gift of life and cheerfulness and all others. There is something his heart he is longing for. Something, maybe in his past or he foresees in his future that's making him sad. Smiling with his 32 won't make his laughter be deeply felt, to me it'd be like him hiding away his pain. Wrong in every way, if I may say.

So, I go with Tpia1 on this. He needs professional help.

Una well done oo!

Ma salaam!.

Clinical depression is a medical condition that requires professional help. However we all get depressed from time to time and having a better outlook can help a person go past that phase. Sometimes it is as simple as that.

That is the purpose of the post.

Bi salaam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
baba11: I have garnered over the years that you don't necessary need third parties to solve some situations e.g psycologist,to solve some major life crisis.You are the only change you need in your life...even if one goes to them,these are some of the things they are going to work on with you.The best is to leave anything bothering you negatively and focus on positive part
I can relate to this. The person is most times the only solution to their problems.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
onegig: I can relate to this. The person is most times the only solution to their problems.
Definitely,in almost all the times!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
BEFORE MARRIAGE
He: Yes. At last. It was so hard to wait.
She: Do you want me to leave?
He: NO! Don't even think about it.
She: Do you love me?
He: Of course! Over and over!
She: Have you ever cheated on me?
He: NO! Why are you even asking?
She: Will you kiss me?
He: Every chance I get!
She: Will you hit me?
He: Are you crazy! I'm not that kind of person!
She: Can I trust you?
He: Yes.
She: Darling!

AFTER MARRIAGE
Read from the bottom going up

-Sheikh Alaa Elsayed grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
tbaba1234: JUST MARRIED
He: Yes. At last. It was so hard to wait.
She: Do you want me to leave?
He: NO! Don't even think about it.
She: Do you love me?
He: Of course! Over and over!
She: Have you ever cheated on me?
He: NO! Why are you even asking?
She: Will you kiss me?
He: Every chance I get!
She: Will you hit me?
He: Are you crazy! I'm not that kind of person!
She: Can I trust you?
He: Yes.
She: Darling!

YEARS AFTER MARRIAGE
Read from the bottom going up

-Sheikh Alaa Elsayed grin

modified

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.