Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165382 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 6:16am On Sep 07, 2011
Am not new. check out my profile, will post my choice shortly.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2011
^^^Bros. I was not referring to you. I know you well.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2011
sorry about that bros

i have deleted her comments, ignore her she is a known nuisance wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2011
Will not mind A lady with these qualities

Religions
Intelligence
Beauty
Good Attitude
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
olawalebab:

Will not mind A lady with these qualities

Religions
Intelligence
Beauty
Good Attitude

good,
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2011
Seems we know what many people want in their spouses,

Now ladies, if u find a guy with the Qualities you want, would you ask him out?? if not, why wouldnt you

and

Guys, to what extent would you go to make that lady yours?? and how best do you think that should be done
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
I think the best way for a guy who likes a girl is to let her know politely. Then, he should let her know the basics about him and why he thinks she should give him a chance. When 2 people from different backgrounds try to build a relationship they should be open and try to build trust. @Deols, its been a hectic day, will keep in touch.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
deols:

Now ladies, if u find a guy with the Qualities you want, would you ask him out?? if not, why wouldnt you

and

Guys, to what extent would you go to make that lady yours?? and how best do you think that should be done

waiting for the ladies respomse.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
olawalebab:

waiting for the ladies respomse.

waiting for your response too
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
maclatunji:

I think the best way for a guy who likes a girl is to let her know politely. Then, he should let her know the basics about him and why he thinks she should give him a chance. When 2 people from different backgrounds try to build a relationship they should be open and try to build trust. @Deols, its been a hectic day, will keep in touch.

Politely? fine.

But,my question is a reference to the question a brother asked under the title, salam sisters!,here- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-711214.32.html

how exactly do you think a guy should approach a sister, what should he say? wear? and act like?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2011
deols:

Politely? fine.

But,my question is a reference to the question a brother asked under the title, salam sisters!,here- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-711214.32.html

how exactly do you think a guy should approach a sister, what should he say? wear? and act like?

@bolded. there is no specific answer to this. Some guys walk straight down to her and say, Salam Alaykum, my name is ,  and I like you, can we be friends?  Others will not say anything until someone suggests that the 2 individuals are compatible and they should give it a thought. It may be that the lady knows the guy is not involved with anybody and she really likes him and goes to him and says: I really like you and I know you like me too, can we make this work?

It may also be that by interacting together at school, work or within the community or a group chemistry develops between the 2 and before they know it they are a couple without asking each other out in the first place.

It may be out of pity or gratitude for an act of kindness from one of the parties that they end-up together.

Whatever it is, I think until you ask yourself: what do I want in a potential wife or husband? You are still floating like a balloon and not headed for any specific direction if you have not answered this question.

After you have answered that, you would then need to ask: Have I met anybody with these attributes?

Then ask: are they available (not married or engaged)?

Then ask: Am I able and willing to settle down immediately?

If you answered yes to the last question, you can now approach the person by proxy or directly in a civil and courteous manner. In terms of dressing, I don't think any sister no matter how religious will disqualify a suitor just because he wore shirt and trousers. Proper dressing is relative but at least it should fit the circumstance you find yourself; be formal when you ought to be formal and be casual when it is not repugnant to be that way (Nobody should blame you for wearing football shorts- with your navel to knees covered grin when playing the game or wearing slacks when doing some work that requires such).

It should be noted that a man may be responsible and want to settle down but he does not have economic power to take care of himself yet, not to talk of a wife. Would you advise the guy to focus on other things or start seeking someone tentatively? Perhaps, he might find somebody who is not quite ready too but will be there for him at such a time that he would have overcome some of his economic challenges?

Personally, I think the latter is not a bad idea provided that he lets her know from the onset (Look, I like you but I am broke at the moment. I am hardworking and responsible, pray for God to bless me and you will not regret it- Insha Allah!).
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2011
in-ta-res-ting ! grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2011
mukina2:

in-ta-res-ting ! grin

How does that help anybody? Expatiate!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 11:32am On Sep 08, 2011
bros pack well jor angry

i was reading posts on the thread [s]and that's the only thing i could up without having darts sent my way[/s] tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2011
You should be almost immune by now.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2011
well not to on this board, i avoid in-everything wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2011
btw . . .you haven't updated us about you and sister deols smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
Am I supposed to do that? Well, I think she is amazing and we have mutual acquaintances which helps in my opinion. You might not be wrong in thinking we are compatible Mukina2. I like her indeed!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2011
maclatunji:

@bolded. there is no specific answer to this. Some guys walk straight down to her and say, Salam Alaykum, my name is ,  and I like you, can we be friends?  Others will not say anything until someone suggests that the 2 individuals are compatible and they should give it a thought. It may be that the lady knows the guy is not involved with anybody and she really likes him and goes to him and says: I really like you and I know you like me too, can we make this work?

It may also be that by interacting together at school, work or within the community or a group chemistry develops between the 2 and before they know it they are a couple without asking each other out in the first place.

It may be out of pity or gratitude for an act of kindness from one of the parties that they end-up together.

Whatever it is, I think until you ask yourself: what do I want in a potential wife or husband? You are still floating like a balloon and not headed for any specific direction if you have not answered this question.

After you have answered that, you would then need to ask: Have I met anybody with this attributes?

Then ask: are they available (not married or engaged)?

Then ask: Am I able and willing to settle down immediately?

If you answered yes to the last question, you can now approach the person by proxy or directly in a civil and courteous manner. In terms of dressing, I don't think any sister no matter how religious will disqualify a suitor just because he wore shirt and trousers. Proper dressing is relative but at least it should fit the circumstance you find yourself; be formal when you ought to be formal and be casual when it is not repugnant to be that way (Nobody should blame you for wearing football shorts- with your navel to knees covered grin when playing the game or wearing slacks when doing some work that requires such).

It should be noted that a man may be responsible and want to settle down but he does not have economic power to take care of himself yet not to talk of a wife. Would you advise the guy to focus on other things or start seeking someone tentatively? Perhaps, he might find somebody who is not quite ready too but will be there for him at such a time that he would have overcome some of his economic challenges?

Personally, I think the latter is not a bad idea provided that he lets her know from the onset (Look, I like you but I am broke at the moment. I am hardworking and responsible, pray for God to bless me and you will not regret it- Insha Allah!)

hmmn, good job there.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
Thank you Ma'am
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
I was hoping for more responses sha.  embarassed embarassed anyways, ds is mine-

deols:

and

if asked about two yrs ago, i'd av sed yes, but really I wldnt av done it. It was just a time when I blvd life shldnt be so difficult.

But now, Its a NO No. because d ffg may happen

Guy: knows d girl likes him already and instead of all the accolades that every woman enjoys during d chase nd just after d marriage, he treats her like, I 'own' u already.

Family, friends, in-laws--these pple must not know she askd hm out o. d day dey av a fight, d first thn they remind her of is how desperate she was dat she had to 'ask him out.

girl(herself): anytime guy does somethn she doesnt like, even if he wld av done same to anyone, she believes its not his fault. . .if oly she had not asked him out'
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2011
deols:

I was hoping for more responses sha.  embarassed embarassed anyways, ds is mine-

if asked about two yrs ago, i'd av sed yes, but really I wldnt av done it. It was just a time when I blvd life shldnt be so difficult.

But now, Its a NO No. because d ffg may happen

Guy: knows d girl likes him already and instead of all the accolades that every woman enjoys during d chase nd just after d marriage, he treats her like, I 'own' u already.

Family, friends, in-laws--these pple must not know she askd hm out o. d day dey av a fight, d first thn they remind her of is how desperate she was dat she had to 'ask him out.

girl(herself): anytime guy does somethn she doesnt like, even if he wld av done same to anyone, she believes its not his fault. . .if oly she had not asked him out'

Your senses of perception and insight are deep. You are quite correct. A classic case of using your head instead of your heart.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
where are all the other muslima apart from adeola and mukinat?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2011
Wow! Where have I been?

@deols, you always come up with interesting threads. I've really enjoyed reading through.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
Zayhal waiting for your specification of your dream man.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2011
FYI shes taken already
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2011
toba:

FYI shes taken already

Ye seem to be well-informed on the status of the Muslimah around here.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2011
toba:

where are all the other muslima apart from adeola and mukinat?
u'r not alone in ds .hope ur aim is pure sha
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2011
zayhal:

Wow! Where have I been?

@deols, you always come up with interesting threads. I've really enjoyed reading through.
thnk u thnk uu.love u love u!

am always interested in d social life of Muslims. .In d future,I'll really like to invest in dat. .look out for me smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2011
toba:

FYI shes taken already
Are you sure?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2011
toba:

FYI shes taken already

yh she is. I hope she can share with us from her fountain of wisdom.

olawalebab:

Are you sure?

she's a grandma mind yu. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.