Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,734 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (167640 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2012
gbadexy: How does a brother get to meet good muslim lady to settle down with. or rather where is the best place to meet good muslim ladies.
There is no laid down strategy or ways of meeting good Muslim Lady to settle down with (people should correct me if I am wrong with that assumption), some might say in the Mosque or religious gatherings BUT I disagree with such opinion, because meeting Female Muslim in such a place does not guarantee her been a GOOD MUSLIM LADY to settle down with (so many people had taken that route before and later discover it was a mistake to make that assumption).

My own advise is that man looking for GOOD MUSLIM LADY should:

1. Pray for Almighty Allah guidance in selecting the best for you
2. Know that there can never be a Perfect or Very Good Muslim Lady (likewise persons generally), is when you accept her little imperfection that she becomes perfect in your own way.
3. Be a GOOD MUSLIM MAN; as good attract good and vice versa
4. Should not always take Beauty as primary reason of marrying a Lady (Beauty may be important, but should be secondary after character).
5. Should also be able to tolerate and endure
6. Her knowledge about ISLAM might also go a long way in making her behave well

May Almighty Allah guide and guard us (Bachelors) to choose the right LADY when the time comes to settle down (AMIN)

Maa Salam

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2012
olawalebabs:
Don't let Woman Human right activist see this o...... grin grin

I am so "mean" that I could even make her Number one on the list of invitees. That should keep her busy. grin

All that "gra-gra" no dey work for me O.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

To be honest, I never have. Don't paint me in bad light O- it is just a random idea that runs through my mind sometimes. I don't think I could ever do it sha... but I do think about the possibility. grin
I hope you will invite me then, to be one of your Interviewer for the SISTERS... I am ready to do it Free of Charge (FOC) for you grin grin grin

Maa Salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2012
Wizeboy: I hope you will invite then, to be one of your Interviewer for the SISTERS... I am ready to do it Free of Charge (FOC) for you grin grin grin

Maa Salam

LWKMD!

Eeeeerrrrmmm. My dear sisters, my last set of posts are not meant in any manner to demean, belittle or humiliate you. They are just a comic expression of some of the random thoughts of a young man who has not met(?) his future wife. If it will make you feel any better, you too can share your random thoughts on how you think you will find/ be found by your "ideal man" as husband.

I had to type that before I am subjected to the hurricane of feminism
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2012
Back to the question. You can find your partner anywhere, but the place you them them will go along way to determine the success or otherwise of the relationship. Youth Forums is the most commonplace to find them sha.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
@maclanttunji you got me really laughing man, and your disclaimer, you go fear fear na grin

olawalebabs: Back to the question. You can find your partner anywhere, but the place you them them will go along way to determine the success or otherwise of the relationship. Youth Forums is the most commonplace to find them sha.
Brother not anywhere o ha, it should be a decent gathering or venues. sure youth forums are one of the common place, universities, workplace and on nairaland too.
I'll also like to add, if you are shy and cant chat up a lady, Alhamdulilah! we've got our Sheikhs, Ustaz, Imams, Amirs and Amirahs to help out, but if you get mind, you can go solo, no shaking cool just make your intention pure and sincere.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by eniafelamo: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
@Mac, Thank ur stars dat i saw ur Disclaimer, i was about bringing out my AK-47 to retaliate.
@all, Salam Alaykum, RAMADAN KAREEM.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
eniafelamo: @Mac, Thank ur stars dat i saw ur Disclaimer, i was about bringing out my AK-47 to retaliate.
Mac, I thank God for you oooooo cheesy cheesy cool

Wa Alaykum Salam, Wallahu Akramu
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
sino: @maclanttunji you got me really laughing man, and your disclaimer, you go fear fear na grin

Brother not anywhere o ha, it should be a decent gathering or venues. sure youth forums are one of the common place, universities, workplace and on nairaland too.
I'll also like to add, if you are shy and cant chat up a lady, Alhamdulilah! we've got our Sheikhs, Ustaz, Imams, Amirs and Amirahs to help out, but if you get mind, you can go solo, no shaking cool just make your intention pure and sincere.
That i why i wrote, the choice of PLACE will determine the success or otherwise of the relationship.

eniafelamo: @Mac, Thank ur stars dat i saw ur Disclaimer, i was about bringing out my AK-47 to retaliate.
I know you are viewing the board when he wrote that, thank God for the disclaimer. Ya Azimi
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
#LOL.

eniafelamo: @all, Salam Alaykum, RAMADAN KAREEM.
Wa Alaykum Salam, Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
olawalebabs:
That i why i wrote, the choice of PLACE will determine the success or otherwise of the relationship.

Yap thats true, sorry, my eyez skiped...
Hmmm just curious o, are you married?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
sino:
Yap thats true, sorry, my eyez skiped...
Hmmm just curious o, are you married?
No, why do you ask? I've been hunting on this thread for more than a year. Lol
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

LWKMD!

Eeeeerrrrmmm. My dear sisters, my last set of posts are not meant in any manner to demean, belittle or humiliate you. They are just a comic expression of some of the random thoughts of a young man who has not met(?) his future wife. If it will make you feel any better, you too can share your random thoughts on how you think you will find/ be found by your "ideal man" as husband.

sorry to say, and am very very serious about this. Dont you think you need to think more before talking?

and btw, like how much money were you talking about??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
olawalebabs: No, why do you ask? I've been hunting on this thread for more than a year. Lol
I dont know why o, but i thought you were, now i know better...now i am watching you closely lol...
Did you just say 1yr?! Ha, hmmmm...i think our sisters are shy(very good attrib)...have faith bro. Allah's time is near mashaAllah.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Mustay(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
Wizeboy:
1. Pray for Almighty Allah guidance in selecting the best for you

- ISTIKHARA

3. Be a GOOD MUSLIM MAN; as good attract good and vice versa

- I should think you meant WOMAN. But for the men, it's not all about knowing the duties of the woman but your responsibilities as men.

4. Should not always take Beauty as primary reason of marrying a Lady (Beauty may be important, but should be secondary after character).

- mentioned in the hadith

6. Her knowledge about ISLAM might also go a long way in making her behave well

-her deen (mentioned in the hadith) is very very very important. Her knowledge is one thing not to toy with as it affects the man and the children especially.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
sino: @maclanttunji you got me really laughing man, and your disclaimer, you go fear fear na grin

hehe!!

any shy man doesnt deserve d lady grin I cant stand shy men. on a personal level sha o.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

LWKMD!

and yh! I wasnt done. I just find it hard to fathom that you keep embarrassing yourself all over the forum and it doesn't help that your being a mod here makes pple add the tag Islam to your posts. So my outburst is a need that I had to fulfill. At some point I thought, if every1 kept telling you the same thing, maybe u'd change and since you havent I might just help rub it in a little more.

So, Why would you say something you thought could be seen as demeaning, belittling and humiliating with the thought that you could get away with it when you put your ridiculous grins and make everyone have a thought that 'it was a joke'?

and then it actually was a thought in your very simple mind. I cant possibly find such thoughts wrong. They probably are a result of the day to day happenings around you. Cant be too far from what obtains in your 'area' but it becomes wrong when you bring it into a public forum.Many of the people I know who are here and the ones I have known from here are self respecting, career driven, intelligent Muslim women and your 'under the roof' mentality just doesnt apply to them.

So when next you want to talk your mind, think again for I would be here to address you. have it in mind that I am being polite NOW.

and again,like How much were you talking about??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
sad
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
deols:

and yh! I wasnt done. I just find it hard to fathom that you keep embarrassing yourself all over the forum and it doesn't help that your being a mod here makes pple add the tag Islam to your posts. So my outburst is a need that I had to fulfill. At some point I thought, if every1 kept telling you the same thing, maybe u'd change and since you havent I might just help rub it in a little more.

So, Why would you say something you thought could be seen as demeaning, belittling and humiliating with the thought that you could get away with it when you put your ridiculous grins and make everyone have a thought that 'it was a joke'?

and then it actually was a thought in your very simple mind. I cant possibly find such thoughts wrong. They probably are a result of the day to day happenings around you. Cant be too far from what obtains in your 'area' but it becomes wrong when you bring it into a public forum.Many of the people I know who are here and the ones I have known from here are self respecting, career driven, intelligent Muslim women and your 'under the roof' mentality just doesnt apply to them.

So when next you want to talk your mind, think again for I would be here to address you. have it in mind that I am being polite NOW.

Please, dont lets make this issue personal, though he may be wrong in making such assumption (but some of us just take it as a joke) and he has also disclaim his comment... Lets forget the issue and take it as a mistake on his pact (which nobody is above).

On his role in the forum generally, though I have not been following his comment as much but I used to find his comment in Politics very interesting and balanced. People normally attack him there just because they know he is Islam Section Mod which by this as offended some of them by hiding their post here (they are just transfering the aggression on him in other section). I believe been a Mod does not cease his right to make his opinion know if those people are not religious bigot.

Once again, please take his comment as a joke (or rather a mistake) and forget it by not asking him about the money issue he jokingly mention earlier.

We are brothers and sisters and we should try to tolerate our mistake and misdeed. Thanks for your understanding.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
mukina2: sad
^^ sorry ma. can I hug you?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
deols:

hehe!!

any shy man doesnt deserve d lady grin I cant stand shy men. on a personal level sha o.
Stop laughing jor, Nairaland islamic section is a good place o! Only that the sisters are not forthcoming...wondering why sha
Shy muslim brothers are being modest and are full of respect for the female kind, following the sunnah... Erm when it comes to nikkah tinz, i think they need to loose the shyness and "manup" lol.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
deols:

See voltron.

You can burst-out for all I care. You know that your validation is all I live for (NOT). You would be here to address me? Funny like crazy. Your desperate need to prove to yourself that I am a villian will stay with you for a long time to come at the rate you are going.

You are so predictable but the disappointing thing about you is that your "fight" is only available when you feel that you can hype yourself in the public glare. Tough ladies I know are tough. They are not into publicity stunts.

Excuse me Miss Independent, Miss Unafraid, Miss Uber-Muslimah. I am me, you don't like me, keep your dislike to yourself and let me know when you are done saving the women of the world. The question is: will they say "thank you" or move ahead with their lives whilst you continue to chase shadows?

My thoughts creep-you-out uhm? Have you ever stopped to acknowledge to yourself that you just can't get thoughts of me out of your head despite your many protestations. I am not going anywhere O and you had better get used to me and whatever comes with me lest you get hypertension.

You like to blow hot? Pray you don't meet someone that bathes with boiling water. #Laughingnow.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 12:19am On Aug 16, 2012
deols:
^^ sorry ma. can I hug you?
anytime smiley

its Ramadan, let us agree to disagree na sad
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kandiikane(m): 12:39am On Aug 16, 2012
Erm, that's what she has to do.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 4:10am On Aug 16, 2012
thought coming online will save me from the bullet of boko boys. Let all party ceasefire in the spirit of Ramadan.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Mustay(m): 5:28am On Aug 16, 2012
mukina2:
its Ramadan, let us agree to disagree na
Na so o
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by gbadexy(m): 5:35am On Aug 16, 2012
I have read all the advice given, does anybody know ideal youth forums that one can go, I'm not talking of M.S.S.
I'm seriously contemplating settling down and I want a partner that would influence and strengthen my faith.
Its kind of difficult to meet muslim sistas at events and randomly.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 5:38am On Aug 16, 2012
gbadexy: I have read all the advice given, does anybody know ideal youth forums that one can go, I'm not talking of M.S.S.
I'm seriously contemplating settling down and I want a partner that would influence and strengthen my faith.
Its kind of difficult to meet muslim sistas at events and randomly.
check out for NACOMYO Or MICA. They are both good fora for such
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:45am On Aug 16, 2012
olawalebabs: thought coming online will save me from the bullet of boko boys. Let all party ceasefire in the spirit of Ramadan.

You mean both parties. I wouldn't have responded if not for the fact that I know it would still happen again. The rational thing to do was to hide her post since it contains personal attacks. However, that would have been misinterpreted by majority of other people here.

I joke a lot here but that doesn't mean I will be her personal footmat. I was being very restrained in my last post to her. If she is half-as-tough as she thinks she is, let us "spar" on any other platform that will allow such.

Next time, I will just hide the post.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2012
olawalebabs: check out for NACOMYO Or MICA. They are both good fora for such

MICA is good but I am afraid too many people are going there for the same reason. @gbadexy, relax and keep your eyes open. You need to get out of your current mode and just allow things flow naturally. One thing I have learnt is that when you genuinely decide that you want to do something positive, Allah begins to make it easy.

As for my jocular advert suggestion, people actually do that. I remember I saw a Sister's advert on Nairalist a few years ago and if you look at newspapers you will also see many by Muslim men I think Punch on Saturdays or Sundays- not sure.

They have their reasons for doing this and it probably works for some.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 6:15am On Aug 16, 2012
I know of the sunnewspaper on friday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.