Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,618 members, 7,847,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (166805 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2012
olawalebabs: I know of the sunnewspaper on friday.

Okay. I am not exactly uptodate with Newspapers in print.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
To a very special lady, I say thank you. cheesy May Allah bless you abundantly and your prayers answered soon.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
mukina2:
anytime smiley

its Ramadan, let us agree to disagree na sad

hmmn!am disagreeing to agree ni jare
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
Wizeboy: Please, dont lets make this issue personal, though he may be wrong in making such assumption (but some of us just take it as a joke) and he has also disclaim his comment... Lets forget the issue and take it as a mistake on his pact (which nobody is above).

On his role in the forum generally, though I have not been following his comment as much but I used to find his comment in Politics very interesting and balanced. People normally attack him there just because they know he is Islam Section Mod which by this as offended some of them by hiding their post here (they are just transfering the aggression on him in other section). I believe been a Mod does not cease his right to make his opinion know if those people are not religious bigot.

Once again, please take his comment as a joke (or rather a mistake) and forget it by not asking him about the money issue he jokingly mention earlier.

We are brothers and sisters and we should try to tolerate our mistake and misdeed. Thanks for your understanding.

Maa Salam

thanks wize
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
maclatunji: .

See voltron.

You can burst-out for all I care. You know that your validation is all I live for (NOT). You would be here to address me? Funny like crazy. Your desperate need to prove to yourself that I am a villian will stay with you for a long time to come at the rate you are going.

You are so predictable but the disappointing thing about you is that your "fight" is only available when you feel that you can hype yourself in the public glare. Tough ladies I know are tough. They are not into publicity stunts.

Excuse me Miss Independent, Miss Unafraid, Miss Uber-Muslimah. I am me, you don't like me, keep your dislike to yourself and let me know when you are done saving the women of the world. The question is: will they say "thank you" or move ahead with their lives whilst you continue to chase shadows?

My thoughts creep-you-out uhm? Have you ever stopped to acknowledge to yourself that you just [b]can't get thoughts of me out of your head [/b]despite your many protestations. I am not going anywhere O and you had better get used to me and whatever comes with me lest you get hypertension.

You like to blow hot? Pray you don't meet someone that bathes with boiling water. #Laughingnow.

@ bold(s), your mind playing tricks on you again? smh.

GOod enough you have learnt quiet well. But very much like you, you have decided to keep away from the points I was trying to make and like a good teacher, I will keep you reminded-

1. that you stop using the people around you as a judge of every feminine Individual out there and especially not in this Muslim section and more exclusively, on a thread I started. I specifically wrote at the beginning of this thread that it was going to be free from some of the stuffs on the romance section. while I browse through the romance section once in a while, the slogan, Nigerian girls, gold diggers, etc never bothered me cos Nigerian girls, in that context were aliens I never knew.

2. that you think well before replying others(you'd need more work on this though)..You seem to fail to realise that you are the one who gave a sorry note after speaking out 'your mind'. that you are also the one who's crying foul and trying to claim relevance. If I wanted anyone to think good of me, considering wanting some publicity, dont you think I'd be going up and down posting smiley emoticons and pretending to be joking while speaking my mind? I would also want to act pretty nice considering the number of bachelors out here searching. You have failed to think and maybe it would help to stop thinking too much of yourself..
[size=4pt]
now save me your sorry sobs..Its Eid already[/size]
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
sino:
Stop laughing jor, Nairaland islamic section is a good place o! Only that the sisters are not forthcoming...wondering why sha
Shy muslim brothers are being modest and are full of respect for the female kind, following the sunnah... Erm when it comes to nikkah tinz, i think they need to loose the shyness and "manup" lol.

@ bold, ehyaaaaaaaaaaaa. grin hmmn!

On a serious note, I dont think there's anything wrong with finding your mate here but sha do all those things wizeman wrote up there and meet them face to face before falling o. make u no come enter one chance.. I remember a girl who was crazy about an online friend. hmmmn! after the holidays, we were expecting something! but mehn! the girl was speechless..lol
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2012
deols:

@ bold(s), your mind playing tricks on you again? smh.

GOod enough you have learnt quiet well. But very much like you, you have decided to keep away from the points I was trying to make and like a good teacher, I will keep you reminded-

1. that you stop using the people around you as a judge of every feminine Individual out there and especially not in this Muslim section and more exclusively, on a thread I started. I specifically wrote at the beginning of this thread that it was going to be free from some of the stuffs on the romance section. while I browse through the romance section once in a while, the slogan, Nigerian girls, gold diggers, etc never bothered me cos Nigerian girls, in that context were aliens I never knew.

2. that you think well before replying others(you'd need more work on this though)..You seem to fail to realise that you are the one who gave a sorry note after speaking out 'your mind'. that you are also the one who's crying foul and trying to claim relevance. If I wanted anyone to think good of me, considering wanting some publicity, dont you think I'd be going up and down posting smiley emoticons and pretending to be joking while speaking my mind? I would also want to act pretty nice considering the number of bachelors out here searching. You have failed to think and maybe it would help to stop thinking too much of yourself..
[size=4pt]
now save me your sorry sobs..Its Eid already[/size]

My people help me beg deols to stop stalking me already. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2012
Now, let me address my teacher:

Let me say deols that since we keep on going round and round in this vicious cycle, let me genuinely ask: What kind of man do you really think I am? You know why I ask this question is that you keep on misreading virtually everything I do. It is becoming very eerrrrmmm... irritating. I am almost convinced that if I told you: "It is morning", you would say I said it is night. That is how bad it is becoming.

deols: 1. that you stop using the people around you as a judge of every feminine Individual out there and especially not in this Muslim section and more exclusively, on a thread I started. I specifically wrote at the beginning of this thread that it was going to be free from some of the stuffs on the romance section. while I browse through the romance section once in a while, the slogan, Nigerian girls, gold diggers, etc never bothered me cos Nigerian girls, in that context were aliens I never knew.

LOL at the bolded. You don't in any way know the women I am surrounded with and you are making conclusions on what you don't know. Please, by any standard of research or deductive reasoning; how can your conclusions be valid? Ok, let me help you out a bit, I am surrounded by several successful women who are achievers in various professions like Medicine, Law, ICT, Civil Service, Paramilitary and more. So please tell me, how are the "feminine individuals" (just say women or females next time)on Nairaland "different"? I would really like to know.

Please where did I talk about Nigerian girls, gold diggers because that point really has me "scratching me head".

deols: that you think well before replying others(you'd need more work on this though)...

Funny you should say this; because you need to follow your own advice when interacting with me.

deols: You seem to fail to realise that you are the one who gave a sorry note after speaking out 'your mind'. that you are also the one who's crying foul and trying to claim relevance.

My dear, there is a difference between an "explanation" and a "sorry note". I explained my post, I didn't apologise for it. I have even referred to it after you launched your "attack". Don't worry I will explain it to you in a bit.

deols: If I wanted anyone to think good of me, considering wanting some publicity, dont you think I'd be going up and down posting smiley emoticons and pretending to be joking while speaking my mind? I would also want to act pretty nice considering the number of bachelors out here searching.

So you are claiming clairvoyance? You can read my mind. What if I am the nicest, gentlest and responsible young man you have ever interacted with? You think it is impossible? You might want to check again or ask. #Seriously. If I don't top your chart, I will really come close. #Fact.

deols: You have failed to think and maybe it would help to stop thinking too much of yourself...

You have been misjudging me for about a year now. It is time for you to wipe your slate clean and ask me questions if you know you are not going to be able to ignore me or my posts. That is better instead of shooting on the wrong trajectory virtually all the time. There are several women here that have had limited chance to interact with me and they all seem to understand me better than you.

Next up, a critical examination of my "offensive" (according to deols) post.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2012
gbadexy: How does a brother get to meet good muslim lady to settle down with. or rather where is the best place to meet good muslim ladies.

Here we see a brother asking how he can meet a good Muslim lady that he can have as a wife and live happily ever after (as we say).

maclatunji:

If you have enough money, just invite them to send-in applications for the position of "wifey" and conduct an interview. Pick the one you like. grin

I know the bolded is the one ticking-you-off but let us look at it critically. As a man looking to get married, he must have had some savings or be financially buoyant. How does this relate to my post? Well, I suggested that he should publish an advert asking ladies that are interested in marriage to contact him (send-in application) if they are interested in getting married aka becoming a wife. Now, if the process reaches this stage, will he not have to screen the ladies he has received responses from? He will have to screen them. To do that he would have to interview them at the very least through the telephone or Instant Messaging, thereafter he can meet the ones he fancies (within the boundaries of Islam) and propose to anyone he likes, if she agrees he is ready to be married.

Will it make sense to get to the proposal stage and then he says to the lady, "Sweetheart, I really like you and want to marry you but I don't have enough money to marry you at the moment, can you wait? This would be ridiculous, that is why I said "If he has enough money".

To buttress the importance of money in a marital proposal or relationship, view this thread by a brother As A Muslim Young Man, How Much Earning Is Enough to Get Married. https://www.nairaland.com/1016725/muslim-young-man-how-much .
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2012
Now, why did I say this?

maclatunji:

LWKMD!

Eeeeerrrrmmm. My dear sisters, my last set of posts are not meant in any manner to demean, belittle or humiliate you. They are just a comic expression of some of the random thoughts of a young man who has not met(?) his future wife. If it will make you feel any better, you too can share your random thoughts on how you think you will find/ be found by your "ideal man" as husband.

I had to type that before I am subjected to the hurricane of feminism

I knew that it was almost certain that you would misinterpret my post. I wanted to make you and other ladies realise that I meant no harm. We have all seen how much good that did? You still went ahead to attack. You really need to go and introspect and leave some of these tendencies that you have.

They say "patience is a virtue". You couldn't even:

1. Ask me what exactly I meant.

2. Keep quiet to keep the peace.

3. Ignore my posts or post like this lady:

eniafelamo: @Mac, Thank ur stars dat i saw ur Disclaimer, i was about bringing out my AK-47 to retaliate.
I must ask: Are you any more of a woman than she is or the tens/hundreds that read my posts? undecided

I have gone through all this trouble for two reasons:

1. To explain to other posters who are upset again (I am truly sorry) and asking: Why?

2. To show you that I am not the Ogre you are so eager to make me to be.

I guess you might say I am lying about these things. Well, I want you to remember that we are in Ramadan. What would I gain by lying? I have told you before, I am no longer interested in us as a potential item, but please for Allah's sake I will not take disrespect from my "enemies" neither will I take it from you or anybody else even if I have affection for them.

Salam Alaykum.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 9:06am On Aug 17, 2012
Mac n deols,av u guys met b4?av never seen u guys agree on an issue b4.You guys cud prbably end up bin gud partners o(if Allah wills)lol.But 2 b honest,we jst need 2 tolerate 1 anoda n ova luk our mistakes.We r muslims na.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2012
^^ superstition is wrong in Islam. stop saying that thing, it is irritating

and @tunji, I ddnt bother reading ur long note. Be a man for once and stop being a talkative.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2012
sino:
Stop laughing jor, Nairaland islamic section is a good place o! Only that the sisters are not forthcoming...wondering why sha
Shy muslim brothers are being modest and are full of respect for the female kind, following the sunnah... Erm when it comes to nikkah tinz, i think they need to loose the shyness and "manup" lol.

this second part of your post takes me back to the reason I started this thread. Before then, there were so many other threads on relationship issues with guys and ladies alike asking questions. But those threads don't usually go before the first page. I decided I was going to bring out some of those issues, especially d ones Muslims feel shy to discuss, daring the consequences.

I was hoping we could get to actually talk about how exactly to approach other people and what could constitute as wrong and right. I dont think we specifically did that. I have heard girls say things like, oh God, why would he approach me like that? the first impression simply matters!! and a shy guy would just give d first impression of being a weakling...

So, how do you talk to a girl??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2012
Pls posters let ignore comments/post that will derail the thread, let the fun continue.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2012
deols: @tunji, I ddnt bother reading ur long note. Be a man for once and stop being a talkative.

I rest my case.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2012
Let me address the issue of shyness in guys. Some guys may find it difficult leaving their comfort zone, If a guy is shy, there are other ways to approach a lady, he can start by sending romantic and lovely text messages and talking on phone, with time he will overcome it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2012
@deols,i dont tink dere's anytin superstitious in wat i wrote or did u av anoda definition 4 'superstition'?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2012
busar: @deols,i dont tink dere's anytin superstitious in wat i wrote or did u av anoda definition 4 'superstition'?

I laugh in Chinese. Nice one bro.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2012
busar: @deols,[b]i dont tink dere's anytin superstitious in wat i wrote [/b]or did u av anoda definition 4 'superstition'?

ok
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2012
olawalebabs: Let me address the issue of shyness in guys. Some guys may find it difficult leaving their comfort zone, If a guy is shy, there are other ways to approach a lady, he can start by sending romantic and lovely text messages and talking on phone, with time he will overcome it.

If you never knew someone and he starts sending you romantic messages, you'd feel like, what the phone can be a good way to start but how would he have come about those numbers?

note- the wrongest thing to do on a first day is use the word LOVE.

am awaiting other suggestions. thanks for this smiley Eid Mubarak in advance
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2012
olawalebabs: Let me address the issue of shyness in guys. Some guys may find it difficult leaving their comfort zone, If a guy is shy, there are other ways to approach a lady, he can start by sending romantic and lovely text messages and talking on phone, with time he will overcome it.

This is a bad advice not to mention an unislamic one... Sending 'romantic' /'lovely' text messages is prohibited... We are muslims, we do things the right way...

You can always go through the family route if you consider yourself shy..... Even if you aren't shy, you have to thread cautiously...

Allah commanded Adam(AS) and Hauwa not to go near the tree... Allah did not say,do not eat from the tree...

Coming near Haram always leads to haram... It always starts from we are 'just talking'...

Make sure your intentions are pure; The only way to guarantee this is to go through the guardian...

Assalam Aleikum

Eid Mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2012
^Sheikh is keeping it real. cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2012
I personally do not see shyness as a problem... Not everyone can be outgoing...

As regards approaching sisters; It has to be done with the right manners and the best intentions.... we also have to be careful, many times good intentions go bad and people fall into all kinds of haram and end up hurting each other..

Everything MUST lead to the maharram(Guardian)... All roads lead there, no playing around....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
tbaba1234: I personally do not see shyness as a problem... Not everyone can be outgoing...

As regards approaching sisters; It has to be done with the right manners and the best intentions.... we also have to be careful, many times good intentions go bad and people fall into all kinds of haram and end up hurting each other..

Everything MUST lead to the maharram(Guardian)... All roads lead there, no playing around....

I think this thread is going round in circles. You and deols have thrashed this issue before.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
Forgive me my last post. I forgot am in islamic center. Anyway, still stand by it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by siddiq202(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
tbaba1234:
This is a bad advice not to mention an unislamic one... Sending 'romantic' /'lovely' text messages is prohibited... We are muslims, we do things the right way...
You can always go through the family route if you consider yourself shy..... Even if you aren't shy, you have to thread cautiously...
Allah commanded Adam(AS) and Hauwa not to go near the tree... Allah did not say,do not eat from the tree...
Coming near Haram always leads to haram... It always starts from we are 'just talking'...
Make sure your intentions are pure; The only way to guarantee this is to go through the guardian...
Assalam Aleikum
Eid Mubarak
@1st bold
I concur

@2nd bold
are you saying that one cannot meet directly without going through the Guardian?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by siddiq202(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2012
olawalebabs: Forgive me my last post. I forgot am in islamic center. Anyway, still stand by it.
you be badt guy grin
on a more serious note, let us try and do things according to the teachings of Islam

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2012
siddiq202:
@1st bold
I concur

@2nd bold
are you saying that one cannot meet directly without going through the Guardian?

The earlier you meet with the guardian, the better.. even if you meet directly... Keep your intentions pure and follow the right channels.... There are no bf-gf relationships in Islam... you are either married or you are not...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by siddiq202(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
tbaba1234:
The earlier you meet with the guardian, the better.. even if you meet directly... Keep your intentions pure and follow the right channels.... There are no bf-gf relationships in Islam... you are either married or you are not...
@bold
I know about that, if not I wont ask the question in the first place. and eeeermm please ustaz next time you don't have to perambulate just go straight to the point wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Mustay(m): 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
Couldn't agree more with Babs.

Intentions, intentions and intentions is one koko. Moreover, don't fool yourself when tryna fool yourself - as ironical as it sounds, the reality stings.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2012
siddiq202:
@bold
I know about that, if not I wont ask the question in the first place. and eeeermm please ustaz next time you don't have to perambulate just go straight to the point wink

maclatunji: ^Sheikh is keeping it real. cheesy

bros, please do not call me Ustaz or sheikh... I am not one... I am just a regular guy with very limited knowledge...

See my signature below
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by siddiq202(m): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2012
tbaba1234:
bros, please do not call me Ustaz or sheikh... I am not one... I am just a regular guy with very limited knowledge...
See my signature below
Ok Ustaz I heard you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.