Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,417 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? (485 Views)

Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? / Does Going To Church Guarantee Heaven? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Frank25: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Please help me out with this.

Does going to church a guarantee to heaven?
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2023
No, it won't...it's only the salvation and belief in Jesus that will guarantee heaven. Nonetheless , it is written "Do not neglect the gathering of brethren ".
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:
Even being born-again does not come with such a guarantee since those who will end up in Hell at the end are, all of them, born-again. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, except a man be born-again he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - either through the Broad Gate which leads to destruction (Eternal damnation aka Hellfire) or the Narrow Gate which leads to True lie(Eternal Reward aka Heaven) - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. Jesus Christ of course urges that you endeavor to enter into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow Gate. Nonetheless, those who enter in through the Broad Gate are born-again and possess Eternal life which they will spend in the place of Eternal Damnation - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by duro4chang(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
No. Be born again. Repent your sins turn away from them and live holy life
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
No, it won't...it's only the salvation and belief in Jesus that will guarantee heaven. Nonetheless , it is written "Do not neglect the gathering of brethren ".
The gathering of the brethren written of by the author of the letter to the Hebrews is instruction suggesting that the israelites not forsake the holy assemblies commanded by God in His Old Covenant and Law, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. One such gathering of the brethren is found written of in Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8, the gathering on the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The gathering of the brethren written of by the author of the letter to the Hebrews is instruction suggesting that the israelites not forsake the holy assemblies commanded by God in His Old Covenant and Law, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. One such gathering of the brethren is found written of in Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8, the gathering on the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread. undecided
That's your own opinion...but you're always free to neglect that part of the bible. grin
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
That's your own opinion...but you're always free to neglect that part of the bible. grin
What I stated isn't of opinion but of what is in fact written in scripture. The gathering of the brethren took place on Israelite holidays as commanded by God in the Land of Canaans. They were not commanded by men as you do in your churches and on thos days no one was to work as such days were considered Holy days in the land. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What I stated isn't of opinion but of what is in fact written in scripture. The gathering of the brethren took place on Israelite holidays as commanded by God in the Land of Canaans. They were not commanded by men as you do in your churches and on thos days no one was to work as such days were considered Holy days in the land. undecided
You just gave me an interpretation of scripture ,which happens to be your own personal opinion... undecided grin
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
You just gave me an interpretation of scripture ,which happens to be your own personal opinion... undecided grin
Interpretation ke? undecided

▪︎ Didn't the writer of the book of Hebrews indicate a gathering of the brethren and are the Hebrew brethren of importance not the Israelite 12?
▪︎ Isn't it written in Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8 that God commanded a holy gathering of the Israelites on the days stipulated ?

How does stating the fact of what is written amount to providing an "interpretation"? undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by MikeMicheal(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:

The question should be: IS HEAVEN and HELL real?
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Frank25: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
i don't believe there is such place hell
MikeMicheal:
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:

You already that the answer is no, so why ask?
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:

Then it is crazy that you ask about going to heaven? I

f you don't believe in self driving cars you do not ask where to buy one!
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
MikeMicheal:

You don't need to believe in Gashua M.P or Hogis Lux (I am certain you don't know these 2 places) but when you get there you would know!
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:
Does it make sense to believe the existence of one and not the other this since it is the same Jesus Christ who sold you on Heaven(Eternal Reward) also sold you the Eternal Damnation(Hell fire) idea as well, both housed in the Kingdom of God which He proclaims He is King over. , undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interpretation ke? undecided

▪︎ Didn't the writer of the book of Hebrews indicate a gathering of the brethren and are the Hebrew brethren of importance not the Israelite 12?
▪︎ Isn't it written in Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8 that God commanded a holy gathering of the Israelites on the days stipulated ?

How does stating the fact of what is written amount to providing an "interpretation"? undecided
You're just confused. If that book was strictly written to the hebrews , then why are you following the rest of the bible that was addressed to the hebrews ? After all, isn't Christianity a Hebrew concept....? Daft as usualgrin
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
■ You're confused. If the book was strictly written to the hebrews , then why are you following bible ?
■After all, Christianity was invented by the hebrews ....right ? grin
1. undecided.... um... even Jesus Christ told you that the agreement He brought was meant only for those who are of the Lost sheep of israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 26 - , a confirmation of God's promise through His prophets including Jeremiah- Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said it belongs only to the lost sheep of israel who happen to have been cursed and scattered by God to all the ends of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6. lipsrsealed
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided.... um... even Jesus Christ told you that the agreement He brought was meant only for those who are of the Lost sheep of israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 26 - , a confirmation of God's promise through His prophets including Jeremiah- Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said it belongs only to the lost sheep of israel who happen to have been cursed and scattered by God to all the ends of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6. lipsrsealed
The lost sheep are the twelve tribes of Israel...so how the heck does a yoruba twit like you fit into that description? Better serve your yemojà or shango in peace ...undecided grin
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
■ The lost sheep are the twelve tribes of Israel...so how the heck does a yoruba twit like you fit into that description? ■ Better serve your yemojà or shango in peace ...undecided grin
1. I see the daftness is strong with you instead. undecided

If God told you He scattered His Israel to all 4 winds of the earth -- to every tribe, every language, and every Nation of the earth -- what do you think that means of the man or woman sitting right next to you or even walking past you right now? undecided

2. Well, yemoja and shango will work well for those who don't have the blood of Jacob in their veins. But as God told you, His own will not be content with such because they will always yearn for Him and Him alone. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I see the daftness is strong with you instead. undecided

If God told you He scattered His Israel to all 4 winds of the earth -- to every tribe, every language, and every Nation of the earth -- what do you think that means of the man or woman sitting right next to you or even walking past you right now? undecided
Are you a Jew? That's the first question... grin
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
Are you a Jew? That's the first question... grin
Jesus Christ said that those who are dogs --- Non-Israelites --- cannot have that which is Holy then it means only those who have the blood of Jacob can become born-again I.e. enter into the Kingdom of God. I am born-again -- born of water and born of spirit --- I have an actual spirit companion 24/7 with me -- meaning I am of those who Jesus Christ was sent to. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said that those who are dogs --- Non-Israelites --- cannot have that which is Holy then it means only those who have the blood of Jacob can become born-again I.e. enter into the Kingdom of God. I am born-again -- born of water and born of spirit --- I have an actual spirit companion 24/7 with me -- meaning I am of those who Jesus Christ was sent to. undecided
Shut up you lying yoruba twit. The woman you're referring to was a fullblown samaritan who was dwelling in Israel. And we know through biblical evidences that samaritans are indeed the lost Jews from the kingdom of Samaria which was rule by Jeroboam. So back to the question: are you a jew ? grin
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Frank25: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
please explain further
Kobojunkie:
Does it make sense to believe the existence of one and not the other this since it is the same Jesus Christ who sold you on Heaven(Eternal Reward) also sold you the Eternal Damnation(Hell fire) idea as well, both housed in the Kingdom of God which He proclaims He is King over. , undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:
please explain further
Do you believe there is a Heaven? undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jashub:
■Shut up you lying yoruba twit.
■The woman you're referring to was a fullblown samaritan who was dwelling in Israel.
■ And we know through biblical evidences that samaritans are indeed the lost Jews from the kingdom of Samaria which was rule by Jeroboam. So back to the question:
■are you a jew ? grin
1. Why do you need me to be yoruba again? undecided

2. The woman in Matthew 15 vs 21 - 26 was a Canaanite woman who acknowledged that she was indeed a dog - Non-Israelite - by her response to Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

3. Samaritans are not Jews. Instead, they are descendants of the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh, sons of Joseph. lipsrsealed

4. Jews is a term which refers to Israelites descended from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Jashub: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why do you need me to be yoruba again? undecided

2. The woman in Matthew 15 vs 21 - 26 was a Canaanite woman who acknowledged that she was indeed a dog - Non-Israelite - by her response to Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

3. Samaritans are not Jews. Instead, they are descendants of the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh, sons of Joseph. lipsrsealed

4. Jews is a term which refers to Israelites descended from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi. undecided
So in summary you're not a jew...so why are you reading the bible which happens to be for Jews? And yes, you're a yoruba twit.
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Frank25: 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
Since after the study of cosmology i could hardly believe such thing ever exist.
Kobojunkie:
Do you believe there is a Heaven? undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:
Since after the study of cosmology i could hardly believe such thing ever exist.
The question asked is a simple one requiring either of a yes or a no response. undecided

Technically, it makes no sense if you don't believe in Jesus Christ anyways, since my response to you was taken from scripture where a belief in Jesus is a requirement. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Frank25: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Does it mean they are not folkstories fashioned by britains
Kobojunkie:
The question asked is a simple one requiring either of a yes or a no response. undecided

Technically, it makes no sense if you don't believe in Jesus Christ anyways, since my response to you was taken from scripture where a belief in Jesus is a requirement. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:
Does it mean they are not folkstories fashioned by britains
Again, Do you believe there is a Heaven? This question is a simple one that requires either a yes or a no response. Technically, it makes no sense if you don't believe in Jesus Christ anyways since my response to you was taken from scripture where a belief in Jesus is a requirement. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Guarantees Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
Frank25:

It's really complicated!

God never made heaven for mankind {Psalms 115:16} earth is where God promised faithful servants of God {Psalms 37:9-11; 29} so if you want God's favor in His kingdom that's possible but as for going to heaven it's not a place where humans can decide they want to go no matter your righteousness! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Dies Attempting To Copy Jesus' 40 Day Fast / 2023 Nigeria Election Result Will Divide Nigeria, Tinubu Will.. - Prophet Faleyi / Let Us Pray For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.