Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Atheists, I Have One Question For U! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, I Have One Question For U! (1753 Views)

A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. / If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Flashaldrin(m): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
To all atheists i have this one question for you.
What's your opinion on miracles?? Isnt it a proof of some extra terrestrial power?? Or is just magic
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by claremont(m): 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
Grand deception!
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2011
op miracles isnt real so far it cant be subjected to scientific test
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Flashaldrin(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2011
claremont:

Grand deception!
First of all b4 i start my argument nd marshalling of facts, have u ever seen a miracle?? How do u knw, comfirmed, proved is a grand deception?? Abi u no dey use scientific methods again??
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
Miracle is beyond science just as God cant be comprehended by scientists
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by claremont(m): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2011
Flashaldrin:

First of all b4 i start my argument nd marshalling of facts, have u ever seen a miracle?? How do u knw, comfirmed, proved is a grand deception?? Abi u no dey use scientific methods again??
There is still an offer out there for 1000,000 dollars, if anyone can prove that any miracle is real. As far as science is concerned, miracles are a bunch of bollocks! cool
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by thehomer: 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2011
Flashaldrin:

To all atheists i have this one question for you.
What's your opinion on miracles?? Isnt it a proof of some extra terrestrial power?? Or is just magic

What do you consider to be a miracle? e.g is waking up from sleep a miracle? How about getting shot but not dying? Or zombies roaming a city?
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
claremont:

There is still an offer out there for 1000,000 dollars, if anyone can prove that any miracle is real. As far as science is concerned, miracles are a bunch of bollocks! cool
i love to take on this challenge. pls tel l me more my bro
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Flashaldrin(m): 6:43am On Sep 05, 2011
claremont:

wow!! It gets more interesting. Brb!!
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Flashaldrin(m): 6:57am On Sep 05, 2011
thehomer:

What do you consider to be a miracle? e.g is waking up from sleep a miracle? How about getting shot but not dying? Or zombies roaming a city?
what about raising a man that has already spent two weeks in the mortuary from dead, or changing hiv status 4rm +ve to -ve, or making a known blind person see, or curing years of chronic illnesses, making the cripple walk, etc what about those?? What will u call them??
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by mazaje(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

what about raising a man that has already spent two weeks in the mortuary from dead,

Can you drop the name and contact address of the person, the name of the hospital that pronounced him dead and the mortuary where he was kept for two weeks. . .Why wasn't it reported in any major news outlet?. . . .Do you know what you are talking about? 2 weeks? grin grin

or changing hiv status 4rm +ve to -ve,

Name of person,name of hospital and status of the person before and after will do the test will do. . . .I know some people that are HIV positive can the same pastor heal them?. . . . .

or making a known blind person see, or curing years of chronic illnesses, making the cripple walk, etc what about those?? What will u call them??

If you can come with names and medical certification that will do. . .I am tired of hearing baseless claims of miracles, I have personally investigated and found out that ALL of them are false. . . .Just cheap lies and cheap tricks. . . . .My friends 5 years old daughter is blind do you know any pastor that can heal her? She is a very sweet baby, another friend's child was born with very severe case of down syndrome do you know any pastor that can heal him? One of my friends has his left limb amputated, do you know any pastor that can heal him and have his amputated arm restored?. . . . .Can you put your money where your mouth is? If yes then we will start with my friend's 5 year old daughter that is blind. . . .I will give you all the details and you will give me the name of pastor and I will arrange to meet you where ever you are that's if you are in Nigeria, we will go to the pastor or man of God and see how it goes. . . .
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by harakiri(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2011
@poster, How many miracles have you witnessed with your two eyes? How many blind people do YOU KNOW that received their sight back? How many healed cripples do you know? How many healed deaf/dumb do you know? These are questions YOU should be asking yourself. Apart from the televised scams called "miracles" and the unverifiable testimonies in religious magazines, what else do you have to go with? Ehh? Think about that for a minute.
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by thehomer: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

what about raising a man that has already spent two weeks in the mortuary from dead, or changing hiv status 4rm +ve to -ve, or making a known blind person see, or curing years of chronic illnesses, making the cripple walk, etc what about those?? What will u call them??

I'll call them interesting occurrences but I hope you realize that there are people who due to medical intervention have had their HIV status changed, had their sight restored, some chronic illnesses are spontaneously remitting and some cripples have been enabled to walk some even run. You could check out the paralympics.
The one of this dead man who spent two weeks in mortuary sounds quite fishy. I'll need more than mere assertions.
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by manmustwac(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2011
What about making a persons amputated limbs grow back to normal or a person who was paralized from the waist down when they were very young start to walk again or someone born death and dumb start to hear and talk again or cure someone born with cerebal palsy?
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by tEsLim(m): 10:07am On Sep 05, 2011
1. moslty illusions
2. sometimes co-incidence
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by claremont(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

Show us the factual evidence, or forever remain silent!
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Flashaldrin(m): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2011
The problem with atheists is that they've choosen to be blind to every reasoning contrary to theirs.
Let me ask u, how do u know atoms nd electrons exist, enzymes, dna, hormones, current?? How?? Books? Journals? Yet u believe.
Have YOU ever seen it with ur eyes??
Ok, lets say u want to confirm, u would then have to visit the labratory nd see for urself.
But yet u sit at your home, watch the telly and expect miracles to happen in front of u. Nah, u'v got to go out, to places where they 'claim' such happen, see the before and after, and then believe or keep being deluded.
U said u want to see medical reports, so u waiting for the doctor to bring it to you??
The way i see it, atheists are a lazy bunch of people, they are too lazy to engage in religion so they just relax, making excuses and trying hard not to get convinced.
The person that died for two weeks and ressurected, was a local pastor, and was brought to life by a very prominent american evangelist, reinhard bonnke, here in nigeria. When it happened, it was broadcast worldwide, videos, tapes, documentaries where made out of it containing real live scenes, testimonies and eye witnesses. U can still google it.
But no, u wont see that kind of news, u will only see what u want to see.
Even the best surgeon in the world, ben carson, attests to miracles!!
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by claremont(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

The person that died for two weeks and ressurected, was a local pastor, and was brought to life by a very prominent american evangelist, reinhard bonnke, here in nigeria. When it happened, it was broadcast worldwide, videos, tapes, documentaries where made out of it containing real live scenes, testimonies and eye witnesses. U can still google it.
I was living in Benin city when Reinhard Bonnke came to conduct his illusions. I still hurt today when I remember the number of dead bodies of people who died in the stampede he directly caused. Why oh why did RB not bother to resurrect these people?! Or maybe it was your God's wish that they die in a stampede caused by his servant? Nonsense!
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by mazaje(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

The problem with atheists is that they've choosen to be blind to every reasoning contrary to theirs.
Let me ask u, how do u know atoms nd electrons exist, enzymes, dna, hormones, current?? How?? Books? Journals? Yet u believe.
Have YOU ever seen it with your eyes??
Ok, lets say u want to confirm, u would then have to visit the labratory nd see for urself.
But yet u sit at your home, watch the telly and expect miracles to happen in front of u. Nah, u'v got to go out, to places where they 'claim' such happen, see the before and after, and then believe or keep being deluded.
U said u want to see medical reports, so u waiting for the doctor to bring it to you??
The way i see it, atheists are a lazy bunch of people, they are too lazy to engage in religion so they just relax, making excuses and trying hard not to get convinced.

You are the one making very tall claims, instead of providing evidence for your assertions you are busy crying here. . . . grin grin

T[b]he person that died for two weeks and ressurected, was a local pastor, and was brought to life by a very prominent american evangelist, reinhard bonnke, here in nigeria. When it happened, it was broadcast worldwide, videos, tapes, documentaries where made out of it containing real live scenes, testimonies and eye witnesses. U can still google it[/b].

It is a lie. . . .The story is a complete lie. . .The guy was said to have been dead for 3 days not 2 weeks, the video is a fraud and the pastor himself a fraud. . .The story has been shown to be a fraud. . . .Read more here. . . .Many people have died in Reinhard Bonnke's crusades in Nigeria. Why didn't he bring them back to life. . . . .Even Reinhard Bonnke himself needs healing because he has an eye defect and uses medicated glasses to aid his vision. . .When will he heal himself of his eye defect before claiming to heal others?. . . .

[img]http://C:\Users\YesBoss\Desktop[/img]
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Purist(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^ Damn! You beat me to it.  I was just about to post the same link. wink

Flashaldrin:

Talking of being too lazy to google things up, if only you had taken your own advice first before rushing here to make a post about a story/man that has been proven to be a fraud.  You should check out the link mazaje put up there, read everything carefully, and learn the truth about your dear evangelist.  Reinhard Bonnke is German by the way.

Flashaldrin:

This is a fallacious appeal to authority.  Ben Carson is a Christian; what do you expect?
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

Chei! Wait make i laugh first! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin CRETIN! This is why pastors will continue to get RICH! Those are pure fables! If indeed your paster performs such miracles, why do we still have Blind and Crippled ones roaming the Streets? Pathetic arranticus nonsenticus! grin grin grin grin grin grin My friend GET REAL ABEG! grin grin
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by globexl: 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2011
sexkillz:

Chei! Wait make i laugh first! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin CRETIN! This is why pastors will continue to get RICH! Those are pure fables! If indeed your paster performs such miracles, why do we still have Blind and Crippled ones roaming the Streets? Pathetic arranticus nonsenticus! grin grin grin grin grin grin My friend GET REAL ABEG! grin grin

For once I agree with You sexkillz.
ignorance is bliss. Do you see what we have been trying to say ?
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^ I know! But the way you guys do it is very wrong! You can show people facts without forcing them and insulting them in the process! That's all! smiley
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by thehomer: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
manmustwac:

What about making a persons amputated limbs grow back to normal or a person who was paralized from the waist down when they were very young start to walk again or someone born death and dumb start to hear and talk again or cure someone born with cerebal palsy?

Well, those would be interesting occurrences too which would need more supporting evidence before accepting their veracity.
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by Purist(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
sexkillz:

Chei! Wait make i laugh first! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin CRETIN!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

sexkillz:

^^ I know! But the way you guys do it is very wrong! You can show people facts without forcing them and insulting them in the process! That's all! smiley

Look in the mirror, mister.
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by globexl: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
What is a miracle? Juesus supposed cured some leppers, but scientist, Dr. James Lind, and others, found the permanent cure for leprosy that  pavee the  way for  total eradication of leprosy. That is the MIRACLE.
Each time I see a jumbo jet take off and land, I still see it as one of the greatest miracles of all times.
To send an unmanned spaceship 5 billion miles into deep space into another world and then have the spaceship land at exactly the same spot you want it to land is another great miracle of all times. Its is shooting an arrow from lagos  to Australia and hitting your target bulleseye.

Crick and watson and  discovered and isolated DNA(thats a miracle) and we successfully mapped out the entire human genome(thats a miracle) and are now targetting specific genetic diseases for elimination(That would be a miracle).
We ignore the true miracles and focus on the delusions and illusions of conmen.

@sexkillz:
I never come into this forum to insult or force my opinions on anyone. I usually come in here out of curiosity to read what people are thinking or saying on certain topics. But I go through the threads, i cannot help responding to to some  of the baseless and shallow arguments people use to back and advance their opinions.
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by thehomer: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

What do electrons, DNA and hormones have to do with people getting up from the dead? Many of us have not seen Moammar Gaddafi with our naked eyes does this mean we have to go and search for him wherever he is? Whether you like it or not, in these modern times, we need reputable sources and probable mechanisms.

Flashaldrin:

The doctor can make his declaration and let his claims be analyzed.

Flashaldrin:

Sorry but engaging in religion is a trivial pursuit. It is difficult to be convinced that fairy tales are true events.

Flashaldrin:

Rubbish. Do you think people no longer perform parlour tricks? I wonder why he is unable to go to hospitals and resurrect certified dead people.

Flashaldrin:

Hmm. Concluded with a nice appeal to authority besides, how do you know he is the best surgeon in the world? What is the basis for such a claim?
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by globexl: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
Flashaldrin:

UNBELIEVABLE.
This is an award winner. This has got to be the most Ignorant post I have ever read on nairaland. The man thinks atoms, enzymes and DNA only exist on books and journals. I iIgues he has never been to a lab in his life. Gosh.
There special places where miracles happen? Where, and how many have you personally witnessed?
Athiest are too lazy to engage in religion? that is by far the silliest statement i hv ever seen from a grown up person. Bonke is German and he does not do evangelism in his home country because they have long grown beyond such. He preys on ingorant and superstiious Africans for his trade.
All your miracle claiming pastors fly to Europe and America for their medical checkups and treatments every few months. I see them.
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by mazaje(m): 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
globexl:

UNBELIEVABLE.
This is an award winner. This has got to be the most Ignorant post I have ever read on nairaland. The man thinks atoms, enzymes and DNA only exist on books and journals. I iIgues he has never been to a lab in his life. Gosh.
There special places where miracles happen? Where, and how many have you personally witnessed?
Athiest are too lazy to engage in religion? that is by far the silliest statement i hv ever seen from a grown up person.[size=16pt] Bonke is German and he does not do evangelism in his home country because they have long grown beyond such.[/size] He preys on ingorant and superstiious Africans for his trade.
All your miracle claiming pastors fly to Europe and America for their medical checkups and treatments every few months. I see them.

True talk. . . .Bonke has eye defect and uses medicated glasses to aid his vision, when will he heal himself and stop using medicated glasses?. . .
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
globexl:

What is a miracle? Juesus supposed cured some leppers, but scientist, Dr. James Lind, and others, found the permanent cure for leprosy that  pavee the  way for  total eradication of leprosy. That is the MIRACLE.
Each time I see a jumbo jet take off and land, I still see it as one of the greatest miracles of all times.
To send an unmanned spaceship 5 billion miles into deep space into another world and then have the spaceship land at exactly the same spot you want it to land is another great miracle of all times. Its is shooting an arrow from lagos  to Australia and hitting your target bulleseye.

Crick and watson and  discovered and isolated DNA(thats a miracle) and we successfully mapped out the entire human genome(thats a miracle) and are now targetting specific genetic diseases for elimination(That would be a miracle).
We ignore the true miracles and focus on the delusions and illusions of conmen.

You said it much better that I would have said it. . . .
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by alaper: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2011
This has been well discussed on Nairaland. Here is a good one:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-369152.0.html
Re: Atheists, I Have One Question For U! by emofine(f): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2011
Good question OP. Our very existence is a miracle within itself and points at a creator smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian Worldview, The Atheist Worldview, And Logic / Newly-found Document Holds Eyewitness Account Of Jesus Performing Miracle - See / Nasa "The Sun Is Dying! "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.