Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria (8971 Views)

We Unlock All Types Of Router's And Mifi From 5g,4g & 3g / Airtel Nigeria Acquires $317 Million Spectrum Ahead Of Its 5G Launch / ICT Expert: How To Make 5G Service Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Robenna(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2023
Allison012:
OP,did Nairabet abi Betnaija launch the 5G network with airtel?

Launching 5G with shitty network. Banza

How
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Robenna(m): 7:38am On Jan 12, 2023
I don't fancy this 5g

Even 4g the chop data
Guys Am I wrong ?
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by airprinz(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2023
Na Una dey shout make dem carry am come.
Na Una data go suffer am when dem finally activate am.

Their 4g data dey run like water directly from tap,
This 5g wey dem wan carry come go run like water directly from geepee tank

1 Like

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by kstyle2(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2023
Pastor Chris oyakilome would be fuming right now

1 Like

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Cheapgadget(f): 8:04am On Jan 12, 2023
They never finish with 3g
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by sulaak(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2023
Payable in the local currency?
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Barims(m): 8:17am On Jan 12, 2023
Skyfornia:
Nice one.. I'm definitely buying a 5G phone before the end of the month..

No need to announce
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Dpundict: 8:28am On Jan 12, 2023
We wen get 5G phones and Airtel line already so we dey wait
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by sexysunnyb(m): 8:29am On Jan 12, 2023
You just spoke my mind
I watch Netflix and Youtube with my 4G using my smart TV without interuption
I dont know if this 5G is for watching Heaven live
SmartPolician:
Nigerian telcos are really trying to keep us at par with the rest of the world.

I hope they know how much 5G-enabled smartphones cost though.

4G is good. I don't know why the world is in a hurry to get into 5G.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by sexysunnyb(m): 8:31am On Jan 12, 2023
loooooooooool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
airprinz:
Na Una dey shout make dem carry am come.
Na Una data go suffer am when dem finally activate am.

Their 4g data dey run like water directly from tap,
This 5g when dem wan carry come go run like water directly from geepee tank
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Mrkumareze(m): 8:34am On Jan 12, 2023
5G, when 2G in abroad is better, faster and reliable than our naija 4G. I wish them goodluck
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by sexysunnyb(m): 8:36am On Jan 12, 2023
I watch Netflix without Interuption but with MTN in my area I can't even send or receive whatsapp messages
Fingers are not equal, the Fast connection in my area might be the slowest in your area
Airtel Mass Antenna dey my backyard
FOR ME ITS AIRTEL ANYDAY ANYTIME

faceland:

How would they gain back their investment.

The network is currently working fine, I hope they don't ruin it (like Glo) because customers would migrate to another network.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by themanderon: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2023
The 3G spectrum they acquired never performed to full capacity and look at them going for 5G. The 5G may eventually have the speed that the 3G was supposed to have.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Jemex003: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Reinaldo:
APC urchins hate development

Shut up there we’re not talking about Drugs here.

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Solsix(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2023
faceland:

How would they gain back their investment.

The network is currently working fine, I hope they don't ruin it (like Glo) because customers would migrate to another network.
It seems to me that glo is more of lottery company than a telecommution company

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by ZooOga: 9:34am On Jan 12, 2023
Progress if affordable for the mass markets.
We may soon see more pics and vids from rural areas. And our beloved village peepo will join the 21st century. cheesy
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by matrixme(m): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2023
The true king of mobile internet connectivity has stepped into the scene. Airtel has always been number 1 in internet quality in Nigeria. No wonder they scrapped their cheaper *141# offers so they can milk us quickly through the rubbish *430# plans. I hope they can democratize the 5G hardware though. The high cost of entry is still an issue. Definitely its going to be a gamechanger henceforth since Airtel's entry into the market though.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by QuoteJustOnce: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2023
sexysunnyb:
You just spoke my mind
I watch Netflix and Youtube with my 4G using my smart TV without interuption
I dont know if this 5G is for watching Heaven live

Bandwidth brother, bandwidth.
It's just you in your single apartment or maybe 2 -3 people, 4G is good enough for you.
Are you aware there are families of 6, 8 even 10 living together in one house sharing a single wifi connection?
How about people who stream live on YT? or who have regularly uploads Gigs of video
Take your 4G there and watch it suffer. It would be too slow.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2023
SmartPolician:

I wonder myself. Even in America 5G is overrated. I saw a report that 4G is even giving more consistently fast speeds than 5G as the full rollout won't be completed till like 2025. So what's the fuss about!
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Skyfornia(m): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Barims:

No need to announce

Come and beat me
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by pocom35: 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2023
Brian47:
This is good oo.
Airtel is the most cheapest network service provider in terms of The Internet.
Na MTN be the cheapest for calls.
Lol
Have you tried Glo brekete
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by ogaAK(m): 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
I doubt what we use in Nigeria is 4g not to even talk of 5g. If you compare our own to the one abroad you go know say na scam.
Too slow
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Brian47(m): 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2023
pocom35:

Lol
Have you tried Glo brekete
I stand corrected grin
I totally forgot about Glo sef.
500 naria airtime lasted me over 30mins on glo brekete.
Glo is the best for calling. But the only problem is that not everywhere has glo network.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Airtel is a shitty network with fraudulent data plans. Avoid at all cost or they will do you see finish.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
looooool no it's not, dis is wat dey do, Airtel opens up the tunnel wide so dat the faster u browse the quicker ur data gets exhausted... LoL u ppl shouting for 5G, I hope u have money to sub for data? Because dat 20g will not even last u up to a week....
Thats not true, Airtel internet is not as fast as MTN but Mtn is modest with their data plans.

You will get what you paid for except their unlimited plans. But Airtel 10gb is 4gb in reality, ave done this test severally and monitored my data consumption closely with an app. Their 10gb was actually 4gb but this is not the case with MTN and Glo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
There 3G and 4G was terrible.
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by MrColdsweat: 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
daniska3yaro:
The should please try and work on their data value, 20gb seems to be 200mb in value, I don run from airtel.
You sabi them well.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by edoairways: 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2023
sqlPAIN:
Where are all those false prophets shouting 666 and end time's ?
6 and 7 G on the way
Re: Airtel Acquires 5G, 4G Spectrums For $317 Million To Offer 5G Service In Nigeria by drakeskull(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
SmartPolician:

IMO, 4G is still far better than 5G. 5G isn't that well developed before the rollout and needs more equipment for better coverage than 4G which isn't feasible. 5g is a battery hog cos it operates at higher frequency therefore less range (1000 feet) compare to 4g of about 10 miles

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Do Inter-networks Credit Transfer( Eg: Mtn To Glo) / Opsson Ivo 6655-discussion Thread / Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.