Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password (24867 Views)

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Change Nairaland Password / Who Is Your Nairaland Person Of The Year(2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Jalaw: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
What's so important about nairaland profile?
Na trust wallet?

4 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Angbakpa(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Karleb:

Ni iran di'ran e. Omo ale!

Didirin
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Kingozymandias(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
LordviccoDaGuru:
Noted, thanks boss @ Seun more grace to ur elbows, cc mynd44 Nlfpmod dominique lalasticlala mukina more grace to ur elbows

You are one of the perpetrators. Trust me seun is very smart he will fish all of you out.

You take people's account and use them to spam likes on your candidates threads and comments

Cc seun

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by ArcFresky(m): 6:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
Donjazet2:
Seun what do you do about the pro-tinubu bots who open numerous accounts for the sake of generating fake likes on pro tinubu candidates in a guise to manipulate public opinion?

What do you do about the rampant hateful tribal venom being spewed by pro-apc accounts. The ones that tag all opponents chinedu or Emeka and outrightly single out Igbo tribe? How do you tackle this seun?

You are biased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Red02(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
ibkayee:

How are you Emeka, you’ve been quoting me randomly for over ten years now lol I used to think you were a bot. Happy New Year

Did you at least leave a reply for the past ten years??
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by ibkayee(f): 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Red02:

Did you at least leave a reply for the past ten years??
Not within the last 10 years, I must have before that though. But his quotes were literally just him posting my name constantly so it always felt trollish
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Karleb(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
Angbakpa:

Didirin

Were dun wo. grin
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by slimderek(m): 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
Why don't you install google recaptcha on your login page?
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by jimmynauty: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
Edon cast
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by jeffoe(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
I made a thread about this couple of month ago it was ignored by the Mods.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Odebayo4010(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
God1000:
Thanks Seun, hackers have become very sophisticated in their nefarious activities.

But why is updating of profile not working?

If you use Opera mini,it will not work,you can use chrome to upload it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by VEHINTOLAR: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have observed an ongoing password guessing attack against Nairaland members. The perpetrators have obtained a list of thousands of usernames and passwords from hacked websites & are systematically trying those passwords on Nairaland to take over your accounts.

If you have used your Nairaland username and password on other websites, they may be able to log in to Nairaland as you, mutilate your profile and send spam messages with your name. To prevent this, please change your Nairaland password to a unique password asap.

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to logout, reset your password with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

For those who are affected, we may scramble your password and log you out to force you to change it. Don't be alarmed. Just logout and reset your password with this form to regain access to Nairaland.

We have taken measures to slow the perpetrators down severely, but it's up to you to make sure that your password is secure.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Many thanks Seun
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by VEHINTOLAR: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have observed an ongoing password guessing attack against Nairaland members. The perpetrators have obtained a list of thousands of usernames and passwords from hacked websites & are systematically trying those passwords on Nairaland to take over your accounts.

If you have used your Nairaland username and password on other websites, they may be able to log in to Nairaland as you, mutilate your profile and send spam messages with your name. To prevent this, please change your Nairaland password to a unique password asap.

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to logout, reset your password with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

For those who are affected, we may scramble your password and log you out to force you to change it. Don't be alarmed. Just logout and reset your password with this form to regain access to Nairaland.

We have taken measures to slow the perpetrators down severely, but it's up to you to make sure that your password is secure.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Many thanks Seun.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by faceland: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
please put features to block some users from ever seeing my content and from ever seeing theirs

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by H2ho(m): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
Election fever grin

They trying to hack Nairaland & INEC servers as usual.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nwamamaiwota, we're seeing your hand angry
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by iamsolasoul(f): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Silentgroper:
No one said anything abt hacking phones..
I don’t mind there was Pegasus on a phone a nigga stole benz dropped back
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by futurerex: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
I've asked people to report them to no avail. I havent received a single report until this one.
Your moderator mynd44 is the culprit blocking all reports and discriminately banning people. Mynd44 is a snitch and saddist!
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Siminialaye20(m): 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Aklee4994(m): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Na those yahoo boyz for here Dey run the stuff as white head no do normal again
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by kaykith05(m): 3:48am On Jan 12, 2023
Shortyy:
What if my password is already strong, do I still need to change it?

Please define “Strong”
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by kaykith05(m): 4:01am On Jan 12, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to [b]logout, reset your password[/b] with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

This is termed “Password spraying “ and resetting passwords will only slow down the perpetrators but not stop it.
Seun, you need to implement security controls and modern-day password encryption through “Salting” and strong cryptographic “Hashing Algorithm”
They have the usernames already, all they need is just cheap or even free tools on the internet before they begin to match passwords to the usernames.

2 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Caseless: 4:04am On Jan 12, 2023
Seun:
It was a temporary measure to stop profiles from being mutilated. We will undo it shortly.

When are you going to make it possible for reply to fall directly under the post it was meant for just like it is with Twitter?

Replies to your comment should form a thread under your comment and not seen in page 20.

Again, create a bookmark button for users to bookmark threads and post.

Make this forum lively and stop keeping it in the past.

Na oldbie I be for here, so you understand I know what I'm saying.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by SaLongs1(m): 4:56am On Jan 12, 2023
haybhi1:
Lol. Who would have thought scammers are working this hard?

Be like say Oyinbo no too pay them again.

But lol, what would a scammer do with my nairaland account abeg, no be to dey beg money upandan?

Useless people that should have been prevented by ordinary withdrawal or month calculation method - you don't even need CD
grin grin I share your opinion wholeheartedly

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by God2man2again(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2023
May be hackers will have little or nothing to do if the features to block some users on nairaland are created to block them from commenting on some topics.

The truth, some users discouraged people from making reasonable comments on this forum which directly or indirectly hinder the progress of the forum.

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Emeka71(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2023
ibkayee:

How are you Emeka, you’ve been quoting me randomly for over ten years now lol I used to think you were a bot. Happy New Year
No I'm Emeka 7 and I used to want to be your friend since then but sometimes you use to shakara me.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Seun(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2023
jeffoe:
I made a thread about this couple of month ago it was ignored by the Mods.
We will try to recruit moderators who will relay information speedily to me.

3 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by ibkayee(f): 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Emeka71:
No I'm Emeka 7 and I used to want to be your friend since then but sometimes you use to shakara me.
Yeah I know you’re Emeka 7. All you would do is write my name though, don't you think that’s a bit strange?
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Emeka71(m): 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
ibkayee:

Yeah I know you’re Emeka 7. All you would do is write my name though, don't you think that’s a bit strange?
That is because I'm seeking your attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Would Find At A Fighting Scene! (PHOTOS) / If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? / Things People Regret Before They Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.