Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,744 members, 7,844,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! (1066 Views)

Beware of Care Profit International Company Limited...Fraudulent / Any Update On UBA Africard Withdrawal? I Think They're Now Rejectin / Olymp Trade Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! by odutolu1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
So three days ago, my wife told me about this group named Tickmill Trading. She got into it through one of those random spam messages. I told her immediately they were scammers. But, you know, as women can sometimes be...

They said they were going to teach them some trading courses and, in the end, give everyone a 500 USDT graduation fee. Lol.

They were going to do five courses. I think the first two courses were free, and they paid them around $6 (to at least make people think they're legit, like Yahoo boys into dating do).

The money was sent to them in their account on the special domain created for the project, which is www.tickmilltrading.com.

They even allowed them to connect their account to Binance so they could withdraw their money and send in money for courses.

Then the third day, having kind of earned the trust of unsuspecting members with the free money, they started asking them to pay for the remaining courses.

They asked them to pay a minimum of $10 for the third course and get 50% back. She paid the money, and indeed after the course, they paid her.

For the fourth course, they asked them to pay a minimum of $30 to get times two of their money. She indeed paid the money via Binance and got the $60.

For the last course, they said they'd pay everyone $500 as a graduation fee, and they'd be able to get a job at Tickmill with the certificate they issued. They were asking for a minimum of $100 for the last course.

Then I dug in. I went to Scam Adviser and Trust Pilot. I saw that they had 20% and 3.2/5 reviews. Then I found that the website's owner is unknown and it's hosted in a high-risk country.

Also, Scam Adviser reveals that the domain was opened a week ago, just on 30 December 2022.

I also found from my personal enquiry that they are in no way affiliated with Tickmill.com as they claimed, as you can see from the email enquiry:

Here, I knew what their plan was.

Then I told my wife that they plan to cash out after people pay for the last course, and everyone would lose their course money.

This morning, they fixed the price for the last course at a minimum of $100, which was around N74.5K.

I asked her to withdraw all her earned money into Binance and even out of Binance.

Then we started seeing greedy people putting in $300 and $500 because they were promised more than double and an additional $500.

Just this evening, my wife started getting messages from members of the group she had connected with earlier that they were having issues with their accounts and couldn't withdraw. One even had $800 in the system.

And when we tried to expose them on the group with the message in the attached, the message was deleted, and she was removed from the group.

Oh, wow!

Nonetheless, she was happy she got her $61 (N45k) out after putting N15k.

In conclusion, Tickmill Trading isn't in any way affiliated with Tickmill.com. These guys have thousands of unsuspecting but greedy people on their system but the organizers are scammers.

If it's too good to be real, it ain't real! Run!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! by abrahambest(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thanks for this very articulated post I just saved someone from their scam. Lol, God bless you
Re: Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! by youngbabaj(m): 2:13am On Jan 14, 2023
$100
Now 75k

God why
Re: Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! by odutolu1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
youngbabaj:
$100
Now 75k

God why

Were you involved too?

(1) (Reply)

Will You Borrow @ 23% P/a Interest Rate For Shares? / Sixteen Thousand Units Of Wemabank Shares For Sale / Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Reinforced Tarpaulin From Benuwatts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.