Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman (1138 Views)

Missing Person In Port Harcourt: Who Has Seen This Woman? (Pictures) / This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by emmanuelbrown26: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Mindlog:

Will you and your kinsmen agree if the woman you are in a relationship with, says she wants to pay your groom price?
LET A WOMAN DO THAT FIRST, THEN WE WILL KNOW.
Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by emmanuelbrown26: 8:52am On Jan 13, 2023
culf:
Trivial issues, marriage sha, its well o.

My wife will never agree to staying in a separate room even with all her plenty stuffs. I guess you both love it separate.

meanwhile i think both of you have ego, yours maybe because you pay bills. I feel is its wrong to say because you pay bills you shoulder stay in the bigger room, your argument should be because you have more stuffs not because you are paying the rent, most men will not take it. I know a woman that will give her husband money for the children fee when oga is not buoyant but one will know, its the man that will still tell them what their mother did.
DONT MIND ALL THESE END TIME LADIES WE HV DIS DAY, IMAGINE D EFFRONTRY.
Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by emmanuelbrown26: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2023
culf:

not all women, my friends mother is an exception, that woman sha, her types are rare.
D GENeRATION OF LADIES WE HV DIS DAY ARE JUST ENDTIME LADIeS, I SIMPLY CALL DEM "JUMP AND PASS WOMEN"
Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by Mindlog: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

LET A WOMAN DO THAT FIRST, THEN WE WILL KNOW.

Encourage your unmarried female relatives to start it, someone must bell the cat........it will spread. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by emmanuelbrown26: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2023
Mindlog:

Encourage your unmarried female relatives to start it, someone must bell the cat........it will spread. cheesy cheesy
I would hv loved to do that but I only hv male all around me, family of men no single woman
U can start it though, or are u afraid of starting it in Nigeria or any part of d world?
Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by Mindlog: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

I would hv loved to do that but I only hv male all around me, family of men no single woman
U can start it though, or are u afraid of starting it in Nigeria or any part of d world?

Family of men ..... grin grin grin

Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by Aguiyimba(m): 9:41am On Jan 13, 2023
falcon01:
That's why never allow your wife to earn more than you! Call me old fashioned or Misogynist but the reality is;
Ehat makes you the man of the house? You provide, you feed, you protect and you place rules but when you can't fulfill one of these and your wife carries one of the responsibility, it's a disaster coming Talk more of her carrying 70% of these responsibility you are No longer the man. No matter how much she loves you، as time goes on she'll start disrespecting you and she's not wrong for that because it's Natural we are humans and we crap on those beneath us. In the case of this woman she's right for asking for the master bedroom because she technically paid for it, but it's not proper for her to have the master bedroom that's a slap on your face as the man of the house both of you should stay there together!!

Bottom Line___

1. Never put yourself in a position where your wife earns more than you
2. If she does never allow her provide for the Family more than you do except if she wants to do some little things herself
3. If she does earn more than you Either she submits some percentage to you for you to use on the house or you sit there like a lil b*** and loose the Title as The man of the house
4. And most importantly know the type of partner you have, if you do all this won't matter.

This life no balance Comrade
Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by emmanuelbrown26: 11:07am On Jan 13, 2023
Mindlog:

Family of men ..... grin grin grin
So u can start it, when should we expect it from u?
Re: Dear Nairaland, Please Advise This Woman by peretei2024(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
BMathew:
@Amarachi Iyawo Emeka wrote

Good morning ma.

Please I need sincere advice from you and your readers.

I am a working class woman who earns higher salary than my husband.

So based on this, I willingly shouldered more of the financial contributions in running our home.

My husband only pays the house rent and nepa bills but i pay our children school fees, our feeding, clothing and every other thing.

So recently my husband lost his job and became self employed while I was promoted at my own office.

I decided to finish our building project which my dad singlehandedly started 5 years ago before he passed on

This is to remove the burden of house rent on us but my husbands one kobo is not coming into this.

So we decided to move to a 3 bedroom flat in the meantime because our young family is expanding with a baby on the way.

We got a nice place with a spacious master bedroom and two other rooms. I told my husband that I wanted the master bedroom but he protested that its his right as the head of the family.

I got angry and told him I can't be paying our rent and not have a say on choice of rooms. I have more loads and need more space so I insisted on the Master bedroom.

He still refused. I told him I wouldn't help out with the rent again and he got angry. For two nights now he has been sleeping at the house of one of his bachelor friends place.

It's safe both of you are not just matured

Seun,RoyalRoy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Break That Family/ Generational Curses With This Before Crossing Into 2024 / Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: / How Much Food Is Too Much For A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.