Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Is 500k Income Really That Small?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 500k Income Really That Small?? (1562 Views)

Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / Are Fathers Really That Important? / Is Lagos Really That Expensive? / The Real Cost Of Living In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 12:44am On Jan 13, 2023
I'm single and I earn a little over 500k but my biggest worry right now is how little that amount is.

Here's the point, my monthly expenses is around 300k which leaves me with around 300k savings. That should be around 3.6 million in a year.

How you wan take buy land of 10million, build house, even buy a decent car of 6m?

In other words, it will take me years to achieve anything tangible.

To be frank with you all, I really hate my income. I wish I can increase it.

I'm just wondering how people cope with similar income especially for family members and still achieve life goals.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by superCleanworks(m): 4:08am On Jan 13, 2023
it is too small. try 1.5 million per month for a start.

the insatiable nature of man

11 Likes

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by satandeterrible: 4:41am On Jan 13, 2023
Lol
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by adeniyilamlek(m): 9:06am On Jan 13, 2023
Mtcheew
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2023
superCleanworks:
it is too small. try 1.5 million per month for a start.

the insatiable nature of man

Yes, man is insatiable but we're talking about the reality here. Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by themayor4542(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2023
That amount you claimed is small, millions of Nigerians would be very grateful to be earning that.
For the fact that you think half a million naira salary is small says a lot about your spending culture.
You might not want to believe it, but lots of people build their house with similar income. Some even less.
I understand things are freaking expensive now and all, but that doesn’t mean you can’t live a decent life and save to build a house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Banilla: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:
I'm single and I earn a little over 500k but my biggest worry right now is how little that amount is.

Here's the point, my monthly expenses is around 300k which leaves me with around 300k savings. That should be around 3.6 million in a year.

How you wan take buy land of 10million, build house, even buy a decent car of 6m?

In other words, it will take me years to achieve anything tangible.

To be frank with you all, I really hate my income. I wish I can increase it.

I'm just wondering how people cope with similar income especially for family members and still achieve life goals.
It's not small. How the heck do you spend 300k monthly?

Let's start there

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Banilla: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2023
themayor4542:
That amount you claimed is small, millions of Nigerians would be very grateful to be earning that.
For the fact that you think half a million naira salary is small says a lot about your spending culture.
You might not want to believe it, but lots of people build their house with similar income. Some even less.
I understand things are freaking expensive now and all, but that doesn’t mean you can’t live a decent life and save to build a house.
Exactly! He spends way too much. Imagine earning half a million monthly. I would be saving nearly everything. grin

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Mindlog: 9:20am On Jan 13, 2023
Yes, the 500k monthly income is very small. Aim for at least 2 million naira per month

5 Likes

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by descarado: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Nairaland is anonymous for a reason.
Now I know why.

8 Likes

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2023
themayor4542:

Thank you for dropping this intelligent reply. Honestly, the main reason I created this thread is due to the fact that I struggle to keep my expenses below 300k.

60k - tithe
60k - utilities
100k - feeding
30k - Flex
30k - transport
50 - donations to my mom, dad and other expenses

Yes, I can afford a land in a local area here in Abuja, but it will take me years to save to buy any land over 10mill. The average land in places like Kubwa and Gwarinpa cost 15mill+
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 9:49am On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
Exactly! He spends way too much. Imagine earning half a million monthly. I would be saving nearly everything. grin

Please let's be very frank, how do you intend to save "nearly everything"?

Because I have even limited my feeding to twice daily just to cut cost and stop other lifestyles that take money away.

Just how do you intend to save nearly everything I would like to know and will apply it.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by faithfull18(f): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2023
Find ways to increase your income then.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Mindlog: 10:00am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

Please let's be very frank, how do you intend to save "nearly everything"?

Because I have even limited my feeding to twice daily just to cut cost and stop other lifestyles that take money away.

Just how do you intend to save nearly everything I would like to know and will apply it.

And you are spending 100k monthly on feeding?...... Tales by moonlight, uncle tell us another story. cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2023
Mindlog:

And you are spending 100k monthly on feeding?...... Tales by moonlight, uncle tell us another story. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just don't understand, your reply makes it feel I live in a different country.

Alright, to cook a pot of stew is average of 10k

2k - Tomatoes
Meat - 5k
Oil - 8.5k - to be used subsequently
Misc - 2k

A kilo of meat is now 3k. Old layer chicken is 4k and 6k for broiler. Titus fish is 1.2k per one.

So I honestly don't know how you spend less. Can you elaborate.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2023
faithfull18:
Find ways to increase your income then.

This is my main priority this year. I couldn't do that last year, but by God's grace I'll achieve a higher income in 2023

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Cutehector(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2023
You are spending too much.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Nemesis0147(m): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

Thank you for dropping this intelligent reply. Honestly, the main reason I created this thread is due to the fact that I struggle to keep my expenses below 300k.

60k - tithe
60k - utilities
100k - feeding
30k - Flex
30k - transport
50 - donations to my mom, dad and other expenses

Yes, I can afford a land in a local area here in Abuja, but it will take me years to save to buy any land over 10mill. The average land in places like Kubwa and Gwarinpa cost 15mill+

get ur facts right
Got a land at trademore estate for 4.5m last year…plan yourself well.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Mindlog: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

I just don't understand, your reply makes it feel I live in a different country.

Alright, to cook a pot of stew is average of 10k

2k - Tomatoes
Meat - 5k
Oil - 8.5k - to be used subsequently
Misc - 2k

A kilo of meat is now 3k. Old layer chicken is 4k and 6k for broiler. Titus fish is 1.2k per one.

So I honestly don't know how you spend less. Can you elaborate.

I am not based in Nigeria but it still doesn't add up, spending N100k monthly on feeding and eating twice a day to save cost while in the same Nigeria, they are married men with 2 children who spend same monthly and they eat 3 times a day.

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 10:21am On Jan 13, 2023
Mindlog:

I am not based in Nigeria but it still doesn't add up, spending N100k monthly on feeding and eating twice a day to save cost while in the same Nigeria, they are married men with 2 children who spend same monthly and they eat 3 times a day.

Since you don't stay in Nigeria, then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

"they are married men with 2 children who spend same monthly and they eat 3 times a day"

What is the quality of food? If I eat yam and oil or eat a wack soup for days, I wouldn't spend up to 100k.

3 Likes

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 10:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Nemesis0147:
get ur facts right
Got a land at trademore estate for 4.5m last year…plan yourself well.

I don't doubt you but you know trademore is prone to flooding due to poor planning.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Nemesis0147(m): 10:27am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

I don't doubt you but you know trademore is prone to flooding due to poor planning.
we’re in Abj do you stay?
Na Abuja night life dey finish your money boss grin
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 10:43am On Jan 13, 2023
Nemesis0147:
we’re in Abj do you stay?
Na Abuja night life dey finish your money boss grin

I stay in galadima opposite dawaki... I swear I don't even spend on nightlife. At most is 20-30k monthly.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Mindlog: 10:57am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

Since you don't stay in Nigeria, then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

"they are married men with 2 children who spend same monthly and they eat 3 times a day"

What is the quality of food? If I eat yam and oil or eat a wack soup for days, I wouldn't spend up to 100k.

I have a good idea because there are people back in Nigeria, I support their feeding and constantly up to date with prices.

What is wack about yam and oil, especially spiced with pepper?

If you "indeed" earn such, spending 100k monthly on feeding yourself and still starve yourself of a meal then something is fundamentally wrong at your end

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 11:03am On Jan 13, 2023
Mindlog:

I have a good idea because there are people back in Nigeria, I support their feeding and constantly up to date with prices.

What is wack about yam and oil, especially spiced with pepper?

If you "indeed" earn such, spending 100k monthly on feeding yourself and still starve yourself of a meal then something is fundamentally wrong at your end

Nothing is wrong with yam and oil but that's not a balanced diet.

I spend 4-5 on feeding daily. For instance, I bought fruits last night for dinner and it cost me 4.5k. I also bought a crate of egg for 2.5k. Things are very expensive these days.

That crate of egg was 1.4k in June last year.

The bread I use to buy 800 is now 1k... why am I even explaining this to you when it's public knowledge
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Mindlog: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

Nothing is wrong with yam and oil but that's not a balanced diet.

I spend 4-5 on feeding daily. For instance, I bought fruits last night for dinner and it cost me 4.5k. I also bought a crate of egg for 2.5k.

I still maintain that if you are allocating N100k monthly just for feeding yourself, it is ridiculous you still have to eat twice a day to save cost.

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by superCleanworks(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

Yes, man is insatiable but we're talking about the reality here. Let's call a spade a spade.

who is stopping you from calling it?
move to a higher paying job or switch to a different country.
you would still cry the same cry even if your salary was 1m a month. WHY? because you would not be able to buy aventador like young Davido and build a billion naira house like Linda Ikeji when she probably has 3 more houses of such nature plus all the private jet trips and vacation to Burj Khalifa.
2m a month you will still create a thread to cry about how you hate your income.

5 Likes

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by superCleanworks(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

100k - feeding

100K feeding per month.
Even if you kill a goat every month.

abeg shift

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
superCleanworks:

who is stopping you from calling it?
move to a higher paying job or switch to a different country.
you would still cry the same cry even if your salary was 1m a month. WHY? because you would not be able to buy aventador like young Davido and build a billion naira house like Linda Ikeji when she probably has 3 more houses of such nature plus all the private jet trips and vacation to Burj Khalifa.
2m a month you will still create a thread to cry about how you hate your income.

Oga these guys are rich. I'm just trying to emphasise how small a 500k income is. In my opinion, to leave a decent life, you need 2-3mill monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Tired2022: 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2023
superCleanworks:

100K feeding per month.
Even if you kill a goat every month.

abeg shift

You that you're talking how much do you spend monthly on feeding. You make the 100k feel so big when in reality I need to manage to cope with that amount.
Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by superCleanworks(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
Tired2022:

Oga these guys are rich. I'm just trying to emphasise how small a 500k income is. In my opinion, to leave a decent life, you need 2-3mill monthly.

for someone who is MANAGING to feed with 100k monthly, you would still cry the same cry even if you earn 5 million monthly.

good luck & good bye

1 Like

Re: Is 500k Income Really That Small?? by Oizee(f): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
500k is not ok for a single man? OP I'm sure you are just catching cruise, how do you want majority of us that earns less than 150k with children to feel?
Ur taste is very high o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gay and Lesbian Couples Can Now Marry in the UK. Blessing or Curse? / Do I Let Go Of My Son And Risk Losing Him To My Ex-wife (ex Bitch) / What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.