Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins (21272 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Mozegee: 10:36am On Jan 13, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Una don start, We no go hear word again now.. but politicians can bring their tithes to the church abi and it’s justifiable.
.you dee mind this one
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by lomprico(m): 10:36am On Jan 13, 2023
ObaKlaz:
Hypocrisy is everywhere. Even some pastors would accept your cash and 'fem', even though they knew you're a kidnapper.

I know many Oloshoes who pay tithes faithfully and a lot of G'Boys who donate large sums to churches.

What they fail to understand is that if God doesn't accept YOUR PERSON, there's no way He's accepting your offerings, tithes and donations.
You only gave to Pastors and churches, NOT TO GOD.

How do you give money to God? Abeg explain.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by maramara: 10:37am On Jan 13, 2023
The truth is that most Pastors this days don't even know that betting is morally wrong (sin)
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by yemzone(m): 10:37am On Jan 13, 2023
2paid2Bmad:

Do you believe forex is a sustainable source of income? If yes, do you know only a minute amount of people make money from it?

Forex is in the same league as sports betting.
Tell them, even crypto trading. But on a norm, people will cherry pick sins.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by tk4radi: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2023
ebukajay184:
Popular Nigerian televangelist, Mike Bamiloye has cautioned christians who pay their tithe and offering with money won from sports betting, IGBERETV reports.

He wrote on his Instagram handle,

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnUsQb-LJzj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Money won from betting is bad.?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by chloride6: 10:39am On Jan 13, 2023
Should we pay or not?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by ogascomax: 10:39am On Jan 13, 2023
Firstly no money is clean before God. A money can come to you clean but that money could have gone through dirty hands and means. When you bring offering, tithes and whatsoever giving before God. Not until that material gifts is sanctify it remain unacceptable.
How do you sanctify it, it's done by words.

You say may this I am giving to you Oh Lord be sanctified and acceptable in your name. That is when it becomes a spiritual offering or sacrifices. Ordinary they are nothing until you convert them by words.

So whether the manner you present it or have it is acceptable or not the thing you give will meet a need in the house of God, it will advance the course of the gospel in the earth.

Basically whatever we have to give to God belongs to God. Giving is just an appreciation to God to tell Him thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by 2paid2Bmad: 10:40am On Jan 13, 2023
yemzone:

Tell them, even crypto trading. But on a norm, people will cherry pick sins.

As in…these pastors are either deceitfully ignorant or crooked.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Careente7(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2023
samsard:
Gambling is considered a sin and bad habit in the Bible. You may as well ask if you can present money from prostitution to God because you "have no other source of income." Even admitting that one has no source of income besides gambling should be a shameful thing for a Christian. There's nothing like PA to God by the way. Standards aren't meant to be watered down.
A shameful thing as a Christian. Job was a Muslim.Dey play.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by John3v19: 10:41am On Jan 13, 2023
yaki84:

But 'poluticians' can loot funds from the state treasury and bribe ur god and he will succumb..

Na pastors like this dey make church taya me to go...

Even in thebible people paid tithes from their loots...
Who paid tithe from his/her loots in the Bible Mr man? I need Bible quotation to confirm.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by diplomat058(m): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2023
samsard:
Gambling is considered a sin and bad habit in the Bible. You may as well ask if you can present money from prostitution to God because you "have no other source of income." Even admitting that one has no source of income besides gambling should be a shameful thing for a Christian. There's nothing like PA to God by the way. Standards aren't meant to be watered down.

How is sports betting gambling? I understand gambling as a zero sum activity, meaning for you to win, another person must lose. It is possible for all people to play bet and win. The loss is for the betting company and will be reported as a normal trading loss. Betting is using your analytical and predictive prowess to forecast matches. It's WORK, not gamble and it is a non zero sum activity. If you called betting a gamble, then you should call crypto trading, forex and other speculative trading gamble too. Lol...Africans and their funny interpretations of the scriptures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Careente7(m): 10:43am On Jan 13, 2023
I want to believe God gave us rules not to limit us but to guide us.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Abzolutezero(m): 10:43am On Jan 13, 2023
Where in the bible did you see that one sir

samsard:
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by ednut1(m): 10:45am On Jan 13, 2023
Mr man stfu. Do pastors reject politicians loot

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Abzolutezero(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2023
Abzolutezero:
Where in the bible did you see that one sir

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by samsard(m): 10:47am On Jan 13, 2023
diplomat058:

How is sports betting gambling? I understand gambling as a zero sum activity, meaning for you to win, another person must lose. It is possible for all people to play bet and win. The loss is for the betting coming any and will be reported as a normal trading loss. Betting is using your analytical and predictive prowess to forecast matches. It's WORK, not gamble and it is a non zero sum activity. If you called betting a gamble, then you should call crypto trading, forex and other speculative trading gamble too. Lol...Africans and their funny interpretations of the scriptures
Any game where you stake an amount on an uncertain outcome to win money is a gamble. You don't even need the Bible for that.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by habsydiamond(m): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2023
Porpulace:

How is gambling a sustainable "source of income", Sir?

It has destroyed more lives than the few who have "made it" from betting.
that's what unemployment has created o.. many youths in this country only rely on betting as source of livelihood
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by samsard(m): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2023
Careente7:
A shameful thing as a Christian. Job was a Muslim.Dey play.
Where does it say Job gambled and it was a commandment from God?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Tremple8v: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2023
I no dey hear like all this BS . Just stick to what you believe in bro . I no get time .
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by EDOLUWA: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2023
MIKE BAM knows that APC has driven manyi People into betting thats why he is telling People proverbially not to vote them
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Ayobeck(m): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2023
What of those pple who steal money from church money and still pay titthe in it...

Ummm oga oo
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 13, 2023
Is it because you have made money now? Would you preach such a message in 1990 when you were still struggling?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by gulfer: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2023
What about the tithes from looted monies by executives of companies and government appointees and politicians undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by VicM6: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2023
At least he is right with his words.
God help us all.....Person wey find him self for heaven enh, na grace o and not luck at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Abbeytoy(m): 11:06am On Jan 13, 2023
Will pastor reject the 10% of my 50million sporty bet win?

Make pastor Mike dey play ooo
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Venom11(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2023
Careente7:
You gerrit! God doesn’t reason like man,he’s too big but most people want to make him reason like themselves.God said “thou shall not kill”.Moses killed and God still used him.”Thou shall not commit adultery”,Jesus cleansed the LovePeddler.That doesn’t mean we should do bad but trust me,God is bigger than all these.

See your mouth like fowl ynash shitting everywhere with your rubbish, God is not a man, you fucka is a man.. So don't fking tell, one shi unclean and the other is, as suppose is God... He does not contradict himself if he's God all encompassing, which God say thou, shall not kill, but same God accredited wars fought by Isreal with other nations, who created those people? Thou shall not commit adultery, yet he blessed Solomon, and Mary conceived without a man... And the child is blessed above all... Like someone said you are ignorant fraudulent, but I think you've bn scammed.. Lol God no b mqn.. Na you and jews people de act like God... It's impossible for any book to codify a human and their talk more of A God of all gods.. I repeat Sha prove me wrong
Love peddler koh.. Olosho ni...
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by mecuries(m): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2023
But...you would be happy collecting from politicians and singing praises to them?.....I rather just give to different charity organizations than this guys
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by yaki84: 11:18am On Jan 13, 2023
John3v19:

Who paid tithe from his/her loots in the Bible Mr man? I need Bible quotation to confirm.
Go read ur bible, u will see were it was instructed.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Headachetoigboh(f): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2023
paskal16:
How is betting or lottery money unclean na…

I tire oooo
I took risk with my money.,...I gain on it....
Why is it unclean?

It's same in business. You invest in a business,it's either u lose or gain.
Life itself is a risk.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by benjaminlawson(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Can you explain how betting is unclean mr clean?.. and tell me if everyone that attend church and gives offerings that’s accepted by the church are clean?.,

Go checked what was posted under your post no one. Also do you aware that insurance companies don't have anything to do with gambling? try to visit any one and ask you to insure gambling, and hear their response. If business enterprise refused your money, not want associate with evil, is He, our God that will accept it, think about that. May be you are even a Christian, but yet you don't know that gambling is a sin, I don't blame you, it is some so called pastors who working for their belly, not God that failed to teach you complete Gospel. Or may be you don't go to church, whatever is your position Jesus Christ will arrest you today like Paul the Apostle in Jesus name, say a louder Amen. Baba Bamiloye, the fault is with some so called Pastors who will not sound it clear to them as you have said Sir. But God Almighty will arrest them too before they make His children too fold candidate of hell than than they met them.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2023
As you’re now, is heaven sure for you? Your so-called men of God built private institutes, buy private jets, luxurious bullet proofs cars etc from the proceeds gotten from some less privileged members. Let me tell you point and blank in this life that you and I exist ehn.. only God almighty knows who’s truly serving him
benjaminlawson:

Go checked what was posted under your post no one. Also do you aware that insurance companies don't have anything to do with gambling? try to visit any one and ask you to insure gambling, and hear their response. If business enterprise refused your money, not want associate with evil, is He, our God that will accept it, think about that. May be you are even a Christian, but yet you don't know that gambling is a sin, I don't blame you, it is some so called pastors who working for their belly, not God that failed to teach you complete Gospel. Or may be you don't go to church, whatever is your position Jesus Christ will arrest you today like Paul the Apostle in Jesus name, say a louder Amen. Baba Bamiloye, the fault is with some so called Pastors who will not sound it clear to them as you have said Sir. But God Almighty will arrest them too before they make His children too fold candidate of hell than than they met them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak / The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.