Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) (65764 Views)

How Yahoo Boys Take Over Hotels, Carry Out Ritual Killings — Ondo Amotekun Boss / How Yahoo Almost Ruined My Life (18+) "True Life Story" / Twitter User Rants On How Yahoo Boys Are Destroying His Business(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by 2mercy: 9:44am On Jan 14, 2023
A United States female citizen, Vonapolouis Moss, has explained to the Kwara State Police Command how she was tricked into Nigeria by a 23-year-old suspected internet fraudster otherwise known as “yahoo boy”.

Moss of 2962, W 64th Court, Merrillville, Indiana 46410, USA said she was lured into the country on January 9, 2023, by the suspect, said to be an internet fraudster who ripped her off thousands of dollars since her arrival.

She further added that she met him on TikTok, a social media platform and he claimed to be an American by the name of Howard Adams and is currently working in Nigeria, claiming to need 1,000 USD which she was first ripped off.

Narrating the incident, the state police command said the suspected fraudster identified as Joshua Awoleye, a Higher Diploma Student of the Kwara state Polytechnic, Ilorin allegedly lured the foreigner and swindled her of the sum of $1000 when she came to Nigeria.

Parading the suspect at the Police headquarters in Ilorin on Friday, the state Commissioner of Police, Paul Odama, said that Joshua Awoleye of Sabo-Oke Road, Ilorin lured the foreigner whom he met on the internet from the United States of America to Ilorin, Kwara State capital, lodged her in a Hotel and defrauded her of thousands of dollars.

According to the CP, “On January 12, 2023, at about 1200 hours, based on actionable intelligence, operatives of the SCID at the Kwara State Police command arrested one Awoleye Joshua Oluwatofunmi, “male” of Sabo-Oke Road, Ilorin, within the premises of a hotel along Flower Garden Road, Ilorin, in company with one Vonapolouis Moss, “female” an American citizen.

A preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect, who is an internet fraudster known as Yahoo Boy, presented himself to the victim on TikTok, a social media platform, as an American by the name of Howard Adams and ripped her off for about 1,000 USD.

The suspect later took a step further by luring the victim to fly into Nigeria on January 9, 2023, through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos, after which she flew into Ilorin the next day and was received by the suspect.

The suspect also deceitfully took an unspecified amount of USD from the victim before she was rescued by police operatives.

“The necessary authorities have been contacted for appropriate action, he said.

Odama said that “the rescued victim has been moved into secure custody by the State Police Command pending her return trip to the USA.”

Speaking in an interview with newsmen, Vonapoloius said that she arrived in the country on Monday night and moved from Lagos to Ilorin on Tuesday morning.

We met on social media and he invited me to visit Nigeria but when I came, he took me to the bureau de change to change money to Nigeria currency and he also took me to ShopRite. When the money on me finished, he told me to tell my people to send more money.

The foreigner who said that she likes the country’s environment however stated that she likes to go back to America.

“I like Nigeria and i will like to come back but what i want now is to go back to America”, she said.

The Police Commissioner said that though Joshua confessed to being a Yahoo suspect but said that he would not be handed to the Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission but would be investigated by the Police and charged to Court after a thorough investigation of his alleged crime.

https://punchng.com/how-yahoo-boy-tricked-me-into-nigeria-us-victim/?amp

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by OGIBRA(m): 9:58am On Jan 14, 2023
How i wish the youth, can use this kind of sense or jazz on the political elite, that are making these country hard..

236 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:04am On Jan 14, 2023
"I like Nigeria and I'll like to come back"...

Continue playing...

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2023
yahoo boy 1 vs 1 akata

game on...

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Asquare84(m): 10:21am On Jan 14, 2023
Our police is trying to hide the American citizen from camera and displaying Nigeria citizens to the world.

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by dat9jaguy(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2023
Asquare84:
Our police is trying to hide the American citizen from camera and displaying Nigeria citizens to the world.

Please remind me again who is the victim and who is the criminal

286 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Dalnadoni: 10:38am On Jan 14, 2023
Nigeria is really welcoming to forigners oo...and they always like the weather...but nigerians can be dangerus sometimes. Make dem free the oyinbo make she dey go back yankee. Yahoo boys dey play o

10 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by PerfectStranger(m): 11:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Facy gone wrong.

No shaking. She go still fall for another yahoo boy for ijebu.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by PerfectStranger(m): 11:21am On Jan 14, 2023
Asquare84:
So they should expose her so other working boys go rush bomb her, Dey play.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Angrygoat: 11:32am On Jan 14, 2023
He should be shot in the head

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
the easier way to go to prison nowadays is by scamming American citizens. the American embassy and the fbi will be involved in your case. if you are unlucky you can be extradited to the US to stand trial

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
After collecting $1k u still tow her to your own locate.

Where is the sense in that?

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by fasho01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2023
This one has casted. May they all be caught in their devices

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by abobote: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
He for no bring the mugu home, most times face to face de cast

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Brendaniel: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
You can see how peaceful this thread is, just change the suspects name to Chinedu and see how violence will be everywhere, then you know part of why Nigeria is where it is today....

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Justinlean02(m): 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ok welcome ma'am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by ecolime(m): 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
If we don't want more news like this in the coming months, we have to vote wisely.

My fellow Yorubas, our destiny is in our hands.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Conwarden: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hmmm . . .

See the.idiot's scallywag face.
Throw the books at him and let him rot in jail with hard labour.

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!. SLOW, PAINFUL AND UNTIMELY DEATH FOR PARENTS WHO SEND THEIR WARDS TO HK TO LEARN YAHOO

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Justbeingreal(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
The look on that officer's face tho..

The suspect sha what was he thinking. Well when your cup wan full naxo e de be.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Gangster1ms: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
grin when has an akata ever been decieved? I smell lies in her story, she wanted that boy's dick and he refused.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by HomoSapiien: 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Miracood2:
After collecting $1k u still tow her to your own locate.

Where is the sense in that?

The lady na probably broke client grin

15 Likes

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Benki003(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
"I like Nigeria and I'll like to come back"...

Continue playing...

No be small play my brother angry grin grin

Swear on my testicles that if this woman come back make I hear

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by lereinter(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Na black American woman self

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by franchasng: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lol
Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by dayleke: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hmmmmmm shocked

1 Like

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by redcliff: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Nigeria Police! why put her address there? Damn!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Our boys again.
I read where the woman said she loved Nigeria and would be ready to come back. Which kind mumuness be that?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Yahoo Boy Tricked Me Into Nigeria – American Woman (Pictures) by PellsKodak: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
Sweetplum:
Our boys again
We taking back out looted treasures undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ezeoke, Chief Security Of Awka Killed By Cult Boys (Disturbing Photo) / Man Who Took Pregnant 12-Year-Old Girlfriend To Hospital Charged With Rape / Vikings Cult Members Arrested In Enugu By Security Operatives (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.