Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

20 20 Vision, Which One? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 20 Vision, Which One? (839 Views)

Nigeria Can’t Meet Vision 20-20 Target, Says UNIDO / Vision 20 20 20: A Myth Or A Daydream? / Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 20 Vision, Which One? by vigasimple(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2007
In the last few months and couple of years, the Nigerian government have being talking about the 20 20 vision.

I ask my question with contempt.

Is it the N20 N20 police vision ( N20 naira bribe) or becoming one of the leading 20 economies in the world.

Which one did you think is likely or possible.

I think the N20 N20 police vision is more than propable by the year 2020

My simple reason being that either OBJ or even Yar Adua PDP gave me little or any confidence. i am usually an optimist but unless the national emergency on energy is declared immediately and at least 50,000 mW of electricity is in place in the next 2-3 years, that vison 2020 is more likely to be the police vision. I read important information on this site about what our energy situation should be. www. nigeriansforsuperenergy.com read it and see what our situation is.

Furthermore, our transport policy should be robust to the point that you can go to any part of of the country both on Air, rail and roads with ease on the same day with maximum security.

Then our Health, Education with full employment and the ability to feed ourselves.

Finally, we must urgently diversify our economy and stop relying solely or mainly on OIL so that both the ND militant and oil consumes all over the world especially the USA would stop threathing us. If alternative to OIL is sudenly found and available in huge commercial quantity the effect will be mind boggling.

The govt need to re-orient and re-eduacte themselves and all the citizen about patritiosm, intergrity and service.

To assure of such vision we have to quickly put a programme in place to first surpass South Africa and be number one in Africa. We also need regional development in Nigeria, like Regional development agencies for the 6 geo poltical areas of Nigeria.

I am usually an optimist and I am still but the chances of these things happening are less than 10%. my justification- OBJ cannot fix Electricity in 8 years! not a good sign.

What do you think?
Re: 20 20 Vision, Which One? by chidichris(m): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2007
u don't have evidence vigasimple.
i don't want to believe that u are calling obj a failure or have u resorted to a more polite manner.
be informed that a child who calls his father a lion is as good as calling him a wild animal.
be straight as nobody owns ur freedom or expression despite the little or no relevance symdrom.

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Remember Obasanjo For ? / LAUTECH S.U.G. Election July '08 / Where Was Obama Born? Hawaii Or Kenya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.