Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? (5092 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / 2023 Presidency: Group Shortlists 18 Potential Igbo Candidates / Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Its good you avoid SE however Igbos benefit from every inch of Nigeria so we have more advantages

You are parasites .

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
Antivirus92:
you're Yoruba.....
wetin concern u with Igbo affair?

Same question you should ask what and how Lagos is an Igbo heritage .

Fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by cocolacec(m): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you this dull? Show me 1 Yoruba person killed in SE in the last 20yrs. You can see that you have no point, you can stay in Kano where they kill Southerners for a cartoon in Denmark but cant stay in the East where they’ve never killed any of your tribes men

IPOB and your irugun men have killed Yoruba police officers in the East.Victor Banjo was killed in the East,you guys killed our Western Premier,Ladoke Akintola.
The arrogance of the Nyanmirins will be your greatest undoing.The day Yorubas face una,the Northerners will finish una off completely.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by kolaaderin: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2023
oyebanji44:
Na who go give them chance for there.

If not for tinubu which state yiibo fit get mouth apart from south east
Now those ingrates are firing all cylinders to destroy the same man that harboured them. Their lives is full of bile filled hatred against their host.
Little you wonder they are causing xenophobia all around the world, everywhere they go, they split our their bile filled hatred and attract same hatred from their host hence the Xenophobia everywhere they go.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by IGBOSON1: 12:53am On Jan 15, 2023
APCHaram:

And that makes you what?

Oh yes! I'm an alien....i'm a LEGAL alien! I'm an Igbo man in Lagoooooos!
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 1:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Cowards, why mention northerners?
cocolacec:

IPOB and your irugun men have killed Yoruba police officers in the East.Victor Banjo was killed in the East,you guys killed our Western Premier,Ladoke Akintola.
The arrogance of the Nyanmirins will be your greatest undoing.The day Yorubas face una,the Northerners will finish una off completely.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by babasolution: 1:39am On Jan 15, 2023
The Yorubas should quit sounding like lowlife people, the Yorubas are behaving like incapable men that cant stand audacity.

Yorubas should integrate with igbos in Lagos.

If I were a leader in yorubaland ,I would advocate for a purely Yoruba city to be built from scratch, say around the Ogun/,Lagos/,ondo crossborder region

This will show the real capacity of the Yoruba, instead of fighting over a federal government former capital.

Yorubas are lucky it's the Igbo who are a fellow major tribe They have to contend with,if my tribe was a majority, we would have taken over LAGOS since 1999

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by BlueDuck: 3:47am On Jan 15, 2023
peepydelano:
Northerners don’t tolerate such bullshits. Na market carry them go there, so they should simply face it and mind the business that pays them

grin
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by cocolacec(m): 6:38am On Jan 15, 2023
Moh247:

I'll Google it when I can and tag you in the screenshot.... Fredick Lugard worked in Ghana, Nigeria, India and Hong Kong

You need to see what he wrote many decades ago about these guys and what happening today

Sarduna and Awolowo said many things for a foreigner

Pleasse send me the link too.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by joyandfaith: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2023
I fear for this country. Tribalism is destroying this country. I am ecpecting seun to close the thread. We complain of racism in Europe/USA but will promote Tribalism in our country. This is a senseless thread from someone with hatred-infested brain. Jagaban army has resulted to Tribalism against Igbos. Many yorubas have unnecessary fears of igbos. But ironically, more yorubas are getting married to igbos.
Tinubu campaign is centred on bigotry- religion and tribalism. Atiku is also actively promoting tribalism in the north. I have looked at some of the opinion polls. More Christians are willing to vote Muslim candidates than for muslms to vote Christian candidates. I have not seen a yoruba muslim rooting for Obi.

Why are we like this in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Ttalk: 7:13am On Jan 15, 2023
babasolution:
The Yorubas should quit sounding like lowlife people, the Yorubas are behaving like incapable men that cant stand audacity.

Yorubas should integrate with igbos in Lagos.

If I were a leader in yorubaland ,I would advocate for a purely Yoruba city to be built from scratch, say around the Ogun/,Lagos/,ondo crossborder region

This will show the real capacity of the Yoruba, instead of fighting over a federal government former capital.

Yorubas are lucky it's the Igbo who are a fellow major tribe They have to contend with,if my tribe was a majority, we would have taken over LAGOS since 1999

You are very stuuupid. Does Yoruba share boundary with you. Why the attachment, why can't you sit your arse in one place and when your herders mentality can't be contained, why can't you shut your mouth and behave yourselves in another mans land?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 15, 2023
Chuksaluta:

Who is we? All these robots on nairaland sef tire me.

The painful pill for this iron bucket is that Ondo, Ekiti and Osun rallies by LP was successful. Yorubas are with PO & Datti. You may enter depression after Ogun and Lagos rallies

If you say so. Just don't attempt causing any IPOBian disorder and chaos when Obi loses woefully.

Our armed forces and even ordinary citizens will be ready for you delusional folks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Obidient4life3: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2023
Moh247:

Since 1950s Ibos know how many people they lost trying to mess with the North. Massacre, Civil war, Jihad

They won't try such

Obi won't even campaign in the Core North

North are cool with you if you stay cool

The number of People the north lost in Aba and Onitsha in the year 2000 has not left their system.

Since then have you seen them misbehaving? Nobody has the monopoly of violence!
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 8:05am On Jan 15, 2023
mycar:
igbos there are into business and not politics, not everyone is interested in political position.

So the Osus contesting in Lagos came there to drag elective positions with Yoruba people.

Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2023
joyandfaith:
I fear for this country. Tribalism is destroying this country. I am ecpecting seun to close the thread. We complain of racism in Europe/USA but will promote Tribalism in our country. This is a senseless thread from someone with hatred-infested brain. Jagaban army has resulted to Tribalism against Igbos. Many yorubas have unnecessary fears of igbos. But ironically, more yorubas are getting married to igbos.
Tinubu campaign is centred on bigotry- religion and tribalism. Atiku is also actively promoting tribalism in the north. I have looked at some of the opinion polls. More Christians are willing to vote Muslim candidates than for muslms to vote Christian candidates. I have not seen a yoruba muslim rooting for Obi.

Why are we like this in this country?

And anti Igbo sentiments just happened from nowhere just as the Germans woke up one morning and wanted the Jew rats out of their nation

Maybe you OSU rats need to ask why me? Why does everyone suddenly hate my ass?

JIDF OSU

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:12am On Jan 15, 2023
oyatz:

The Igbos are NOT enemies of any tribe, they are just different.

Since Nigeria is an almagamation of many tribes, we must accommodate and co-exist with each other.

Eventhough, I will vote for Tinubu but I feel what the Igbos feel and their quest for the presidency is very legitimate.

This is where the problem comes in.

Coexistence shouldn't come at a price where people and hosts are denigrated and their values impugned. To coexist, we need to acknowledge each other's uniqueness, not seek to dominate and emasculate.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2023
oyatz:

The Igbos are NOT enemies of any tribe, they are just different.

Since Nigeria is an almagamation of many tribes, we must accommodate and co-exist with each other.

Eventhough, I will vote for Tinubu but I feel what the Igbos feel and their quest for the presidency is very legitimate.

Nobody has any problem with an Igbo president, certainly not the north. But you don't expect people you've been calling names for no reason other than your candidate lost for the past 8 years, people whose values and way of life you've always looked with disdain to be excited by your mob attitude towards a candidate whose very basic governance qualifications are in doubt.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by joyandfaith: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2023
APCHaram:

And anti Igbo sentiments just happened from nowhere just as the Germans woke up one morning and wanted the Jew rats out of their nation

Maybe you OSU rats need to ask why me? Why does everyone suddenly hate my ass?

JIDF OSU

God is love and anyone who doesn't love is from Satan father of hatred in respective of your ethnicity.
All humans are created in God image with capacity to love. If you don't love others you are lacking God holy spirit. Check yourself because you are heading to self-destruction-Hitler, Stalin etc. You can hate a whole tribe and get away with it. Hutu are paying for genocidal war against Tutsi. You are just a rampage kid with no knowledge of history. Tueh!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2023
joyandfaith:

God is love and anyone who doesn't love is from Satan father of hatred in respective of your ethnicity.
All humans are created in God image with capacity to love. If you don't love others you are lacking God holy spirit. Check yourself because you are heading to self-destruction-Hitler, Stalin etc. You can hate a whole tribe and get away with it. Hutu are paying for genocidal war against Tutsi. You are just a rampage kid with no knowledge of history. Tueh!!!

Go and preach your kumbaya one love message to your feral osus in IPOB who started all this shit.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Iykoto86(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2023
oyebanji44:

It wasn't a mistake..biafrans are just ungrateful people. .

But waitoo,make we reason this thing small.so you mean igbos are ungrateful for not supportng a man who his tribe have ruled nigeria and is presently the vice,who gave nigeria the worst president in history, in the person of buhari.na wa for una sha if you espect the igbo man to support you because of lagos,then you guys are not just smart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 9:31am On Jan 15, 2023
Iykoto86:
But waitoo,make we reason this thing small.so you mean igbos are ungrateful for not supportng a man who his tribe have ruled nigeria and is presently the vice,who gave nigeria the worst president in history, in the person of buhari.na wa for una sha if you espect the igbo man to support you because of lagos,then you guys are not just smart

This is beyond politics .

I as the OP is neither Yoruba or an APC supporter but the actions of you fellow osus in claiming Lagos as free for all while attempting to annex the Niger Delta exposes you as a land grabbing thief.

Even your collective political agenda as captured by the Obidient exposes your Zikist ambitions to continue the parasitic centrist agenda which you igbos brought upon us.

Why also is it that you will never hear an Igbo call for a return fiscal autonomy but instead its to continue were you stopped 56ys ago ?

You are the enemy of the south but I thank God that the north is now aligning with the real better south (SW and SS) in reviewing the current parasitic centrist system back to regional governance with full fiscal autonomy for regions/states.

Stay your lane.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

This is where the problem comes in.

Coexistence shouldn't come at a price where people and hosts are denigrated and their values impugned. To coexist, we need to acknowledge each other's uniqueness, not seek to dominate and emasculate.

Yes, you are right.

Nation building takes time. After this 2023 elections, lessons will be learnt and some of those nasty behaviours will be seen to be counter-productive and everybody will adjust accordingly.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Nobody has any problem with an Igbo president, certainly not the north. But you don't expect people you've been calling names for no reason other than your candidate lost for the past 8 years, people whose values and way of life you've always looked with disdain to be excited by your mob attitude towards a candidate that hose very basic governance qualifications are in doubt.

With time, particularly with this election, they will learn how not to do like that.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Chuksaluta(m): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
OneTemplate:

If you say so. Just don't attempt causing any IPOBian disorder and chaos when Obi loses woefully.

Our armed forces and even ordinary citizens will be ready for you delusional folks.

What will be more woeful is when Atiku/BAT looses, at least one of them must loose. Why the headache for a structureless party? We have at least 4 other Igbo presidential candidate, why are you not focused on them?

After Lagos rally you will likely enter convulsion.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Chuksaluta(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
APCHaram:

This is beyond politics .

I as the OP is neither Yoruba or an APC supporter but the actions of you fellow osus in claiming Lagos as free for all while attempting to annex the Niger Delta exposes you as a land grabbing thief.

Even your collective political agenda as captured by the Obidient exposes your Zikist ambitions to continue the parasitic centrist agenda which you igbos brought upon us.

Why also is it that you will never hear an Igbo call for a return fiscal autonomy but instead its to continue were you stopped 56ys ago ?

You are the enemy of the south but I thank God that the north is now aligning with the real better south (SW and SS) in reviewing the current parasitic centrist system back to regional governance with full fiscal autonomy for regions/states.

Stay your lane.

You will cry tire, Yorubas are behind Obi, you a nameless anonymous and irrelevant online robot don't and will never matter in the scheme of things.

Looking at your profile, all your topics are on Igbo, keep on providing free accommodation for Igbos in your empty skull

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by mycar: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
APCHaram:

So the Osus contesting in Lagos came there to drag elective positions with Yoruba people.

Ewu
Tribalism will suffocate you to death if you don't engage fill your thoughts with positive things. you are almost finished man. come off this state of awkward melancholy when you still have the chance.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by APCHaram: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
mycar:
Tribalism will suffocate you to death if you don't engage fill your thoughts with positive things. you are almost finished man. come off this state of awkward melancholy when you still have the chance.

You osus are my problem .

Get rid of you and Nigeria will know peace and civility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Work, No Pay: Civil Servants Threaten To Sit At Home For One Month / GOV.FASHOLA,ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU GET N600 MILLION BULLET PROOF JEEPS / Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.