Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? (5094 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / 2023 Presidency: Group Shortlists 18 Potential Igbo Candidates / Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Christistruth03: 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
oyatz:

It is not as if they really hate Yorubas per see, all these are means to an end- POWER.

It all boils down to competition for power.

The Igbos in Lagos also want to exercise powers in the State like being able to become Governors, Commissioners, Senators ,Reps and all the privileges that come with it just as the Yorubas have been doing since.

The Problem is that they completely don't allow others such powers in their own States
and Lagos is Yorubaland

If they have rejected Bianca Ojukwu who is from ordinary Enugu that is right next to Anambra how are they going to accept a Yoruba or Fulani Governor ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by rosebowl01(m): 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
Benmob:
Nairaland be like say,una dey lose value for news in politics section, because 80% of ur news, during diz election is always attack on igbo,even today almost all d tribelism post is attack on igbo.
Omo seun ur site is really a anti-Igbo site,omo no hide,just tell us

Yes, it is such a mystery to me too. Igbos are always victims. They don't attack or insult people. They always avoid trouble and are peaceful with their neighbours and hosts. They go about their business and develop other people's lands as opposed to attacking their neighbours. They are not the most clannish and tribalistic people.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by oyatz(m): 4:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Problem is that they completely don't allow others such powers in their own States
and Lagos is Yorubaland

If they have rejected Bianca Ojukwu who is from ordinary Enugu that is right next to Anambra how are they going to accept a Yoruba or Fulani Governor ?

This is the problem! Non-indigenes can NOT exercise such rights in their States, so this will make it look unbalanced

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 7:26pm On May 07
mycar:
igbos there are into business and not politics, not everyone is interested in political position.

So the Ibos in Lagos are there to grab Lagos from Yorubas .

Continue.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 7:28pm On May 07
Moh247:

Since 1950s Ibos know how many people they lost trying to mess with the North. Massacre, Civil war, Jihad

They won't try such

Obi won't even campaign in the Core North

North are cool with you if you stay cool

It seems these people only respond to Pavlovian conditioning
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 7:30pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Should the Igbos worship the fowl because they wanna eat egg?

My Delta brother.

Nah only Ibo matter you dey carry for head.

Pray tell, you be baby factory purchase from across the Niger?

Stop claiming SS and Delta and embrace your Ibo roots.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:51pm On May 07
I'm from Delta State. Why would I claim Delta if I'm not? Anything special in Delta?

What is wrong with you f00ls? No Igbos in Delta?
GBTYO:

My Delta brother.

Nah only Ibo matter you dey carry for head.

Pray tell, you be baby factory purchase from across the Niger?

Stop claiming SS and Delta and embrace your Ibo roots.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 7:52pm On May 07
DMerciful:
I'm from Delta State. Why would I claim Delta if I'm not? Anything special in Delta?

What is wrong with you f00ls? No Igbos in Delta?

Guy use canoe return back to your Onistha .
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:55pm On May 07
Tell me where you're from in Delta?
GBTYO:

Guy use canoe return back to your Onistha .

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 7:56pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Tell me where you're from in Delta?

Guy borrow canoe and return where you come from.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 7:58pm On May 07
Why didnt you tell Okowa to go to Onitsha.

Asaba is capital, if una like go and die
GBTYO:

Guy borrow canoe and return where you come from.

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 7:59pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Why didnt you tell Okowa to go to Onitsha.

Asaba is capital, if una like go and die

Okowa is a bonafide Delta north indigene.

You on the other hand are a fraud who goes around here claiming Delta
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 8:02pm On May 07
Hahaha...go sleep. Delta North na ethnicity? Whats Okowa's ethnicity?
GBTYO:

Okowa is a bonafide Delta north indigene.

You on the other hand are a fraud who goes around here claiming Delta

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:03pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Can you stay in core North and raise a family? Answer the question without rigmaroling

But you can stay anywhere in the SW and SS and have the audacity to drag ownership and political control there.

.you be fool oh.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:03pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Can you show just 1 Yoruba person that was killed in SE for the past 20yrs? None!

You don't know your enemies

Delta man .

I see you oh.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 8:04pm On May 07
Kill yasef
GBTYO:

But you can stay anywhere in the SW and SS and have the audacity to drag ownership and political control there.

.you be fool oh.

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:04pm On May 07
kettykin:
Why was Kano not a former capital of Nigeria

Why not ask why your useless Enugu was not made capital.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:05pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Kill yasef

Lolz.

Political statement after Atiku pick am as VP to assuage you fools from across the Niger .

Rotimi no claim Ibo as part of his failed presidential campaign.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 8:07pm On May 07
Why will he claim Igbo? Are the Ijaws and Urhobos not more than Igbos? Yeye dey smell
GBTYO:

Lolz.

Political statement after Atiku pick am as VP to assuage you fools from across the Niger .

Rotimi no claim Ibo as part of his failed presidential campaign.

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:08pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Why will he claim Igbo? Are the Ijaws and Urhobos not more than Igbos? Yeye dey smell
You are not Deltan in any form or way.

Go back to your cursed onishta .
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 8:10pm On May 07
If I'm Deltan, it will not be well with you and your family. If I'm not Deltan, it will not be well with me and my family.

If you get the big heart as a deltan, say Amen if e sure for you.
GBTYO:

You are not Deltan in any form or way.

Go back to your cursed onishta .

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:13pm On May 07
DMerciful:
If I'm Deltan, it will not be well with you and your family. If I'm not Deltan, it will not be well with me and my family.

If you get the big heart as a deltan, say Amen if e sure for you.

Commot from my front .

You scammer and impostor .

Find canoe relocate back to your Alaigbo.

No Deltan will support another subjugation under Enugu .

Obidient liar
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 8:15pm On May 07
Coward! Why you dey fear?

If e sure for you say Amen. I already said Amen.

Say Amen and I'll know you're not a coward. If you cannot say Amen, dont mention me. I hate cowards
GBTYO:

Commot from my front .

You scammer and impostor .

Find canoe relocate back to your Alaigbo.

No Deltan will support another subjugation under Enugu .

Obidient liar
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:17pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Coward! Why you dey fear?

If e sure for you say Amen. I already said Amen.

Say Amen and I'll know you're not a coward. If you cannot say Amen, dont mention me. I hate cowards
Ekwensu worshipper, we no dey swear any how .

Face your east and stop claiming Delta .

IPOB miscreant .
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:21pm On May 07
DMerciful:
E be like say you still young. You dey threaten Igbos? Dey play!

Delta man
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by GBTYO: 8:27pm On May 07
DMerciful:
Its good you avoid SE however Igbos benefit from every inch of Nigeria so we have more advantages
We have more advantage .

Ibo man.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by DMerciful(m): 8:42pm On May 07
Just say Amen if you aint a coward
GBTYO:

We have more advantage .

Ibo man.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? by Raskimonojendor: 8:52pm On May 07
Hahaha
Northerners do not take nonsense ooo. They are far from liberal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Trailer Loads Of Rice & 20M Peter Obi Donated To Mangu IDP Camp / Oshiomhole Threatens To Jail Anenih, Osunbor / I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb

Viewing this topic: yoruboid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.